Is your PC infected by HuiVJope File Virus Ransomware? Are you unable to access such converted files on your computer system? Is this Virus demanding ransom money to unlock your files?
Actually, this nasty threat is a variant of Snatch Ransomware and it renames our files after encryption by appending the “.HuiVJope” extension. For example, if the file name “myphoto.png” got encrypted by this malware then it will get changed into “myphoto.png.HuiVJope” which is a locked file.
After encrypting all your files, a ransom note “HOW TO RESTORE YOUR FILES.TXT” is also dropped onto the desktop. That note contains ransom demand and decrypting tips. If you want to get rid of this infection and access your files without paying ransom money to hackers then read this guide carefully.
What is HuiVJope Ransomware
HuiVJope ransomware is a virus that encrypts files on victims’ computers and asks them to pay ransom money in return for the decryption key. This dubious threat is data locker malware, created by hackers to blackmail innocent users and make an illegal profit. It is capable of infecting any Windows PC very easily. It mostly intrudes on the targeted machine in disguise and users don’t even suspect the presence of this malware until their files are locked. This nasty HuiVJope Ransomware uses a powerful encryption algorithm to lock files on an infected computer which can only be unlocked by a private decryption key.
After encrypting files on the targeted machine, it appends the “.HuiVJope” file virus extension to the original file names. This is a way of marking files as inaccessible and the extension usually refers to the name of the virus. All the files encrypted by this virus can allegedly be opened by a decryption key which hackers are offering for a price. A ransom note is also left on the infected PC with instructions for how to pay ransom money, how much, and when to pay. Hackers usually demand ransom money through Bitcoin which cannot be tracked.
Working of HuiVJope File Virus
Ransomware threats are created with the sole motive of making an illegal profit online. They cipher all the files stored on the infected PC whether it is a video, audio, picture, database, backup, or any other personal file type. Such viruses are capable of encrypting almost all types of files normally users store on their computers. So if your system gets infected by Ransomware then all your files will still be there but you lose their access.
Every time you will try to open your files, you will get an error. The only reason is that the extension of your files is changed. Now your system cannot decide the type of file and thus it cannot open the file for you. This HuiVJope File Virus uses a military-grade encryption algorithm that makes your files unreadable. According to the ransom note left on the compromised PC, buying a decryption key is the only way to restore those files in their original format.
HuiVJope Ransomware: Threat Analysis
How HuiVJope Ransomware Infects Your PC
Cybercriminals use different methods to spread their creation online to target a mass audience. Spam email campaigns are one the most used methods to spread threats like HuiVJope File Virus on a massive level. Hackers create and send fake emails to a bunch of people using bulk emailing software. These emails often refer to famous companies, services, or legitimate offers that carry malicious attachments. Just by opening the mail and downloading the attachment, malware can get installed on the user’s computer. This virus could also get distributed via social media and file-sharing services.
Bundled freeware programs can also carry malicious attachments that can install harmful viruses on the system without permission. Downloading pirated software or fake software and patches could also bring harmful threats to the computer. Apart from this, clicking on misleading pop-up ads, alerts, banners, offers, etc. can redirect the browser to suspicious sites. Those websites could trigger the automatic download and installation of malware on load. You can find some important tips to prevent such malware attacks in the future at the end of this article, make sure to check them.
DO NOT Pay Ransom Money
Those behind this awful Ransomware attack only want to cheat your money. You are advised to not pay any money to hackers under any circumstances. The so-called alleged decryption of your encrypted files might only be a ruse. It is highly unlikely that the creators of HuiVJope File Virus will restore your files once they get paid. They will have no motive, no real reason for unlocking your files. Most Ransomware victims have reported such incidents where they got scammed by hackers and didn’t get the decryption key even after paying. This nasty ransomware can make changes to your system and can get back any time.
How to deal with HuiVJope File Virus
HuiVJope Ransomware is a dangerous computer malware that should be removed from infected computers. If you are thinking of paying then it’s a terrible idea. Formatting your PC or reinstalling Windows will also not remove this virus effectively and you will also not be able to recover your files. So you are advised to use a powerful Anti-Malware Tool to get rid of this Virus from your computer. You can recover your files through backup files. If you don’t have any backup of your data then you can use Data Recovery Software to restore the previous version of your files.
How To Remove HuiVJope File Virus
Automatic HuiVJope Virus Removal Guide
It can be hectic to remove threats from an infected PC but the use of powerful Anti-Malware can make it quite easy. SpyHunter anti-malware can help you to remove Trojans, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily. You can scan your system for HuiVJope virus and all other hidden threats at once. All you need to do is to download this software and run a new scan on your PC.
It will find all the threats and viruses in no time and save you lots of time and effort. This amazing software also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware definition updates make it most effective against the latest attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- You will begin by downloading the software on your system for which you have to click on the below download button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the Anti-Malware program on your PC and proceed with the setup.
- After installation, you will need to launch the Anti-Malware application. From the welcome screen click on the Start Scan Now button to initiate a new scan of your PC.
- Once the scanning process begins, it will take some time to run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and find all hidden threats and malware.
- Soon you will find a complete list of all the threats on your system screen. Then you will need to click on the Next button to delete all the viruses.
How To Decrypt .HuiVJope Files
As there is no HuiVJope ransomware decryptor available, you will need to use alternate options to restore your files. The first one is to use the backup. If you have created a backup of your important files then it is going to be quite easy. However, if you don’t have any backup files or they also got encrypted by the virus then you will have to try a data recovery software.
We recommend using Stellar Data Recovery software because it is a powerful and trusted data recovery software. Paying ransom money is not ideal because it will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks. You can wait for any free decryptor to be launched but it can take forever. Download the free trial version of data recovery and scan your PC for files. It may be able to recover some of your files and save you lots of money.
- Click on the below download button to get started instantly with the data recovery process on your PC.
- After the download click on the installer file and complete the software installation. Then launch the application and select the Data type to recover, and click the Next button.
- After the selection of data, you will need to select the location from where you want to recover data. Choose the location and then click on the Scan button.
- The software will take some time to scan your system. You will see a list of all the files that can be recovered. You can preview them or click on the Recover button to save them.
Manual HuiVJope Virus Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Click on the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Windows Run Box.
- Now you will need to type in MSConfig and then click the OK button.
- The System configuration settings box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Boot tab, check the Safe Boot option, and select the network box,
- Finally, you will have to click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Open the Windows Rub box again on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- This time you will have to type in taskmgr and then click the OK button to open Windows Task Manager. Look for any unknown or malicious running on your system.
- Select the process which is taking lots of systems resources and then click on the End Task button.
Uninstall HuiVJope Virus from Control Panel
- Again you will need to open the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- This time you need to open the Windows Control Panel, so type in appwiz.cpl and then click the OK button.
- Programs and Features windows will appear on your computer screen with a list of all the installed applications.
- Now you need to look for any unknown or virus related program and then Uninstall it from your PC.
Remove HuiVJope Virus From Registry Editor
- Again open the Windows Run Box on your PC by using the Windows and R keys.
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, type in Regedit and click the OK button.
- Now you will have to find the virus related registry files and remove them.
- Press CTRL and F keys together on the keyboard to start a Find query.
- Type the virus name and click on Find Next button to find malicious entries and delete them.
Remove Malicious IP addresses from Windows Hosts Files
- To open the Windows hosts file, simply press the Windows and R keys together on the keyboard.
- Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Now you will need to access the Windows hosts file using Notepad.
- Most threats add malicious IP addresses here to automatically connect to remote servers.
- Delete all the malicious IP addresses below the localhost and save the file.
Delete Virus related files from your PC
When malware infects your system, it normally creates several malicious files and spread them at different locations. After you remove the malware, these leftover files help them to get back to your computer. Remove all virus related files at once by following the below instruction :
- Open the Windows Run Box again by using the Windows and R keys together.
- Now you will open the below paths one by one using the Run Box and remove malicious files.
For the first four options, look for any recent folder related to the HuiVJope File Virus and remove them. For the Temp folder, you can delete all the files at once. Use Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys together for permanent removal.
Remove HuiVJope Virus via system restore
- You will again need the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- Open the Command Prompt by typing in cmd and then clicking the OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- The System Restore window will get opened instantly then click on the Next button.
- Choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click the Next button.
- Finally, when you will hit the Yes button, the system restoration process with start immediately.
Note: System restore to remove a virus will only work if you have a restore point set on your PC. Otherwise, no changes will be made to your system and it will not remove any threats. Be advised, restoring the computer to a previous version does not always guarantee virus removal. Most viruses delete restore points, so don’t get disappointed if this trick does not work for you.