Is your PC infected by .JANELLE File Virus Ransomware? Is “.aes.JANELLE” file extension has been added to the end of all of your file names? Are you unable to access such converted files on your computer system? Is this .JANELLE File Virus is demanding ransom money to unlock your files? Do you want to get rid of this infection and access your files without paying ransom money to hackers? Read this guide to permanently remove this infection and restore your files with alternative means.
What is .JANELLE Virus File
.JANELLE is a ransomware virus that encrypts files on victims’ computers and asks them to pay ransom money in return for the decryption key. This dubious threat is a data locker malware created by hackers to blackmail innocent users and make an illegal profit. This nasty threat belongs to Snatch Ransomware family. It is capable of infecting any Windows PC very easily. It mostly intrudes the targeted machine in disguise and users don’t even suspect the presence of this malware until their files are locked. This nasty JANELLE Ransomware uses a powerful encryption algorithm to lock files on an infected computer which can only be unlocked by a private decryption key.
After encrypting files on the targeted machine, it appends the “.aes.JANELLE” extension to the file names. This is a way of marking files as inaccessible and the extension usually refers to the name of the virus. For example, if the file name “myphoto.png” got encrypted by this malware then it will get changed into “myphoto.png.aes.JANELLE” which is a locked file. All the files encrypted by this virus can allegedly be opened by a decryption key which hackers are offering for a price. A ransom note “index.html” as pop-up window and “Readme.txt” as text file is also left on the infected PC with instructions for how to pay ransom money, how much, and when to pay. Hackers usually demand ransom money through Bitcoin which cannot be traced.
Working of Ransomware Virus
Ransomware threats like .JANELLE virus is created with the sole motive of making an illegal profit online. This dubious threat ciphers all the files stored on the infected PC whether it is a video, audio, picture, database, backup, or any other personal file type. Viruses like this are capable of encrypting almost all types of normally users store on their computer. So if your system gets infected by JANELLE Ransomware then all your files will still be there but you lose access.
Every time you will try to open your files, it will give you an error. The only reason is that the extension of your files is changed. Now your system cannot decide the type of file and thus it cannot open the file for you. This .JANELLE File Virus uses a military-grade encryption algorithm that makes your files unreadable. According to the ransom note left on the compromised PC, buying a decryption key is the only way to restore those files in their original format.
JANELLE Ransomware: Threat Analysis
How .JANELLE Virus Infected Your PC
Cybercriminals use different methods to spread their creation online to target a mass audience. Spam email campaigns are one the most used methods to spread threats like .JANELLE File Virus on a massive level. Hackers create and send fake emails to a bunch of people using bulk emailing software. These emails often refer to famous companies, services, or legitimate offers that carry malicious attachments. Just by opening the mail and downloading the attachment, malware can get installed on user’s computer. This virus could also get distributed via social media and file-sharing services.
Bundled freeware programs can also carry malicious attachments that can install harmful viruses on the system without permission. Downloading pirated software or fake software and patches could also bring .JANELLE File Virus and similar threats on the computer. Apart from this, clicking on misleading pop-up ads, alerts, banners, offers, etc. can redirect the browser to suspicious sites. Those websites could trigger the automatic download and installation of malware on load. You can find some important tips to prevent such malware attacks in the future at the end of this article, make sure to check them.
DO NOT Pay Ransom Under any Circumstances
Those behind this awful Ransomware attack only want to cheat your money. You are advised to not pay any money to hackers under any circumstances. The so-called alleged decryption of your encrypted files might only be a ruse. It is highly unlikely that creators of .JANELLE Virus File will restore your files once they get paid. They will have no motive, no real reason for unlocking your files. Most Ransomware victims have reported such incidents where they got scammed by hackers and didn’t get the decryption key even after paying. This nasty ransomware can make changes to your system and can get back any time if once hackers give your decryption key and your files are unlocked.The Ransom note left by this virus contains the following instructions :
JANELLE Oops! Your FIles have been encrypted What Happened to My Computer? Your important files are encrypted. Many of your documents, photos, videos, databases and other files are no longer accessible because they have been encrypted. Maybe you are busy looking for a way to recover your files, but do not waste your time. Nobody can recover your files without our decryption service. Can I Recover My Files? Sure. We guarantee that you can recover all your files safely and easily. But if you want to decrypt all your files, you need to pay. You have 24 hours to submit the payment. After that the price will be doubled. Also, if you don't pay in 7 days, you will not be able to recover your files forever. How Do I Pay? Payment is accepted in Bitcoin only. For more information, click . Please check the current price of Bitcoin and buy some bitcoins. For more information, click . And send the correct amount to the address specified in this window. After your payment, click . Best time to check: 9:00am - 11:00am GMT from Monday to Friday. Once the payment is checked, you can start decrypting your files immediately. Contact If you need our assistance, send a message by clicking . We strongly recommend you to not remove this software, and disable your anti-virus for a while, until you pay and the payment gets processed. If your anti-virus gets updated and removes this software automatically, you will not be able to recover your files even if you pay! Send $600 worth of bitcoin to this address 114NHHMdrCuJ6P3mwHHeyWvwdWdDWzqdpo
How to deal with .JANELLE Virus
.JANELLE Virus Ransomware is a dangerous computer malware that should be removed from infected computers. If you are thinking of paying then it’s a terrible idea. Formatting your PC or reinstalling Windows will also not remove this virus effectively and you will also not be able to recover your files. So you are advised to use a powerful Anti-Malware Tool to get rid of .JANELLE Virus from your computer. You can recover your files through backup files. If you don’t have any backup of your data then you can use Data Recovery Software to restore the previous version of your files.
How To Remove JANELLE Virus
JANELLE File Virus is a harmful and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems in your PC, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. When this kind of malware invades your system, it may also bring other threats to the victimized system. It can do major damage to your computer in a very quick time. It may have already spread its copies at different locations on your system. Files related to this infection can have different names, so it will make it harder to detect.
We are going to discuss two possible ways to remove JANELLE Virus infection 1. Automatic Removal, 2. Manual Removal method. It’s better to have a complete diagnosis on the infected PC so that all the potential infections can easily be found and removed at once. You must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to JANELLE Ransomware. The Automatic Removal process is fast, precise, and error free whereas the Manual Removal process is time-consuming and a slight mistake can corrupt the entire operating system. We advised you to take the help of both methods to completely eliminate the virus from your PC.
Automatic JANELLE Removal Guide
As you already know that, JANELLE Virus is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting on your system ever again.
So the best way to remove JANELLE effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against the latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you need to click on the below download button to get the software.
- Then double-click on the installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch Anti-Malware application and Start Scan Now of your PC.
- The software will scan your PC for all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on the Next button to see results and delete JANELLE and other threats.
How To Recover Your Encrypted Files
Now all your files got encrypted by the .JANELLE Virus then you need to recover your data without paying ransom money to hackers. If your files are important then you must have created a backup and you can use that backup to recover your files. If you don’t have a backup or this virus has encrypted your backup files, then you are left to seek professional help.
We recommend you use powerful data recovery software to restore your files encrypted .JANELLE File Virus. It is a risk-free and smart way. You can just download the free version and scan your PC for files. There is a high probability that it can recover most of your files in a fraction of the amount that hackers are demanding. It is also needless to say that paying hackers will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks.
- First, you need to download Data Recovery software on your PC.
- Install the program, launch it then select the Data type to recover, and click the Next button.
- Select the location from where you want to recover data and click the Scan button.
- After the scan, software will list all files, select them and click the Recover button.
Manual JANELLE Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click the OK button.
- Click on the Boot tab then the System configuration window will appear.
- Choose Safe Boot, check the network box, Click Apply, and press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Find JANELLE related or any malicious process.
- Now right-click on it then click End process.
How To Uninstall JANELLE from Windows PC
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and then click the OK button.
- Now Programs and Features windows will appear on the screen.
- Find and remove all JANELLE related or malicious programs.
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type regedit in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type JANELLE and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Delete Virus related files from your PCWhen a threat gets on to a PC, it most likely creates some files at different locations on the system. These files are used to perform a specific action and also help malware in getting back to the computer once it’s removed. So you just need to find also delete all those files associated with this .JANELLE File Virus. For that follow the below instruction :
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard
- Type each of the following in Run Box and press the OK button
Remove JANELLE Virus via system restore
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type cmd in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- When the System Restore window opens on your computer screen click the Next button, then choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click the Next button.
- Finally, click on the Yes button to start the system restoration process.
Note: This will only work if you have a restore point set on your PC or it will give an error message. Restoring the computer to a previous version may or may not remove .JANELLE File Virus. Most of the time, viruses just delete all the restore points. If this trick does not work for you then don’t get disappointed.
After restoring your computer, we recommend you run a thorough scan of the PC using a Powerful Anti-Malware program to detect and remove any hidden threats. In most cases, viruses may spread through any files outside of the C drive because system restoring only affect the C drive. There may be some Virus related files hiding your PC, and it never hurts to double-check.
Sometimes, system restore doesn’t work or viruses can just remove the restore points. As such you will probably have no other choice than to choose the Automatic Removal Process. It is the best and error-free method to find and remove threats from your computer. Additionally, you should also check some important malware prevention tips provided here in this guide to avoid similar virus attacks in the future.
Remove JANELLE Virus From MacOSIf you are a mac user, and your machine got infected by this nasty file-encrypting malware then you need to remove it as soon as possible. Although Mac systems are quite safe they still do get infected. So you can delete this infection using the below steps:
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open it.
- Find JANELLE related process, click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen, click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find JANELLE or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove JANELLE Virus Related Files From MacWhen any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on Go button.
- Find and remove any JANELLE Virus related or malicious file.
Attention: If you are not tech-savvy, then it could be quite difficult to remove JANELLE File Virus manually from your Mac. The best way is to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and see if it can detect all hidden threats and viruses on your computer. It’s really super easy and you should give it a try.
How SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware Works
- First, download the SpyHunter for Mac by clicking on the below button.
- Now go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter Anti-Malware For Mac.
- Launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- Software will start running a a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risk and so on.
- Finally you will see a list of malwares detected on your mac, now click on Next button to start the removal process.
Tips To Prevent .JANELLE Virus in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows/Mac OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.
Report cyber attack to Authorities
If you are also a Victim of JANELLE virus then you should report this cybercrime incident to legal authorities in your county. Here is the list of some of the official government websites for reporting fraud and scam activities:
- United States – Guard Online
- Australia – SCAMwatch
- United Kingdom – Action Fraud
- New Zealand – Consumer Affairs Scams
- Canada – Canadian Anti-Fraud
- Ireland – An Garda Síochána
- India – National Cybercrime Reporting Portal
You can also search to find the Internet Crime Authority in your country. Meanwhile, it will not help you remove or restore your files in any way but it’s merely information to authorities. Once you register your complaint, authorities might look into and take preventive measures to stop further attacks. However, don’t get lured by third-party criminal reporting sites or fake technical support websites. They are more like to cheat you instead of helping you.