LuckyRelic is another Mac malware that silently intrudes on your system and shows lots of annoying and unwanted ads. It is an adware-type infection with browser hijacker capability. Such apps are considered as Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP) due to their questionable distribution methods. Read this guide to know how to remove LuckyRelic virus from Mac.
What is LuckyRelic?
LuckyRelic is a nasty adware infection. This vicious malware is been programmed with the sole motive to earn quick profit online. It intrudes the targeted Mac by stealth and causes various problems. It aims to utilize users browsing activities to earn money. Actually it practices pay per click (PPC) method. In simple words, it promotes numerous tempting but fake ads on your browsing screen. These undesirable ads will forcibly redirect your browser to suspicious sites.
LuckyRelic can infect all main web browsers like Safari, Chrome, and Firefox very easily. It can modify your browser settings, homepage, and default search engines. It may also install malicious add-ons or extensions on your browser without permission. You will start facing issues like slow Internet speed, annoying pop-up ads, forced web redirections, slow system, and frequent crashes.
LuckyRelic virus may also bring several other hidden threats to your Mac. It can disable your security programs and make your system vulnerable. This adware infection is also a very big threat to your privacy. It monitors your online activities and collects data like IP address, social media login details, passwords, Geo-locations, etc. This nasty threat can share those details with cybercriminals to use in illegal online activities.
LuckyRelic will show unwanted pop-ups
Once installed on your Mac, LuckyRelic will bombard your system with lots of fake alerts, pop-ups, ads, banners, offers, etc. which redirect your browser to phishing websites. Your system can get infected by more threats and viruses if you click on those misleading ads. It is such a crappy malware infection that can entirely damage your machine.
How it infects your mac?
Cybercriminals use various tricks to distribute their such threats online. LuckyRelic virus mostly gets spread via freeware programs that users download from the Internet. You must be very careful while downloading any app from unknown websites. Freeware software creators often allow bundling of other programs to earn a commission. Such programs may carry some hidden program that silently gets installed.
Spam emails are also used to deliver malicious file attachments (doc, ppt, pdf, etc.) and links directly into users’ inboxes. Opening such contaminated files or clicking on those suspicious links can bring this threat. Visting pron or torrent sites, downloading cracked or pirated software, installing fake updates or illegal game patches could also bring this infection to your mac.
LuckyRelic: Threat Analysis
Working of LuckyRelic virus
Once this nasty infection manages to take control of your system, it can bring other threats and malware to your Mac. It will show a bunch of push notifications, banners, pop-ups, offers, alerts, etc. on your computer screen that will redirect your browser to malicious sites.
Such kind of frequent and forced redirection is used to increase the traffic of dubious sites and generate revenue. But those sites also host malicious codes which may easily jump on your Mac when your browser gets redirected to them. As result, your Mac could get infected by more nasty threats without your knowledge.
LuckyRelic can disable your anti-virus and firewall security and it also creates new library files, launch agents, and daemons for auto start-up and regeneration purposes. You can reset your browser but chances are it may come back on your machine by using those files.
Why it is risky for your privacy
LuckyRelic virus gains full control of your browser, so it can easily track your browsing history and online habits to collect your personal and financial information. It can use those details to show personalized ads on your Mac and can also sell them to cybercriminals.
In the wrong hands, your private data could be used for all sorts of illegal activities. Even you might end up being a victim of cyber fraud and identity theft. So don’t waste your time and try to remove LuckyRelic as soon as possible.
How To Remove LuckyRelic From Mac
LuckyRelic is a dangerous malware that can cause major damage to your computer. This nasty threat will bring several new problems to your machine. This is why it is quite imperative to delete this threat permanently before it completely damages your entire computer system. Once it manages to infiltrate your Mac, it will make your system vulnerable. This nasty malware is capable of bringing other harmful viruses to your system without your consent. It can completely obliterate your system performance in no time. This virus also has a tendency to hide its malicious copies at various locations on your PC under different names. It is not an easy job to find and remove those virus related files manually.
In this guide, you will find instructions for two very different techniques to get rid of LuckyRelic infection. The first one is the Automatic Removal which is quite fast, effective and accurate. The second method is Manual Removal which usually takes lots of time, needs technical expertise, and often fails to give desired results. However, it is advised to take the help of both techniques to ensure the complete removal of the malware from your system. In case you are not handy with system operations and technical stuff, just opt for the automatic malware removal process to eliminate LuckyRelic infection.
Automatic LuckyRelic Removal Guide
As you already know, LuckyRelic is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting into your system ever again.
So the best way to remove LuckyRelic effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It is a pretty advanced and effective Mac optimization tool that also provides 24X7 customer support. SpyHunter for Mac is the best app to ensure your Mac’s safety and keep it fast like new always. If you value your Mac then it is the most important application for you. Try this software once and you will never have to worry about any malware attacks.
How Automatic Removal Works
- First, download the SpyHunter Mac Anti-malware by clicking on the below button.
- Now go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter Anti-Malware For Mac.
- Launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- The software will start running a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risks, and so on.
- Finally, you will see a list of malware detected on your mac, now click on the Next button to start the removal process.
Manual LuckyRelic Removal Guide
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open.
- Find LuckyRelic related process, click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end the task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen and click on the Force Quit button.
Remove LuckyRelic From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find LuckyRelic or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove LuckyRelic Related Files From Mac
When any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
Follow the below steps to remove virus related files from these locations:
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see the Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on the Go button.
- Find and remove any LuckyRelic related or malicious file.
Now follow the same process for Application Support and LaunchDaemons folders. But be careful, don’t delete any important files or you can break down your entire system.
Attention: Don’t go meddling around and deleting files that you don’t know about. Removing any wrong file may damage your Mac. So you are advised to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and run a thorough scan of your system for threats and viruses.
Remove Infection From Your Browser
Threats like LuckyRelic often install malicious extensions to the browser on the infected machine and make several unwanted changes to the browser settings. You might experience forced browser redirection, lots of annoying pop-up ads, and commercials on your browser due to this. You will need to remove the infection from your browser to put an end to such activities and block the regeneration of malware on your system.
Remove LuckyRelic From Apple Safari
- Open the Safari browser then click on the Preferences option from the Safari menu.
- Open the Extensions tab, find LuckyRelic related extensions then click Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open your Safari browser, tap on the Safari menu and select the Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Remove LuckyRelic From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press the ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open Google Chrome browser, and click the Menu (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select More tools then click on Extensions option to find all installed Extensions on chrome.
- Choose LuckyRelic related extensions then click the trash can icon to remove them completely.
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the settings option.
- On the Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, and click the Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Remove LuckyRelic From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in URL bar Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, and click on Menu (☰) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons option from the drop-down menu of the list.
- Choose Extensions option to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Choose LuckyRelic related extensions then click on the Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option and select the (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Once you are done with these settings hopefully your problem is solved. If not, then you can also always download the Mac Anti-virus Program mentioned in this article to get rid of all the threats and viruses automatically. You can also take some precautions to avoid similar malware attacks in the future. Follow the below steps to improve the security of your Mac system.
Tips To Prevent LuckyRelic in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked software.
- Make sure that your firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your Mac.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your Mac to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep a backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.