Qdla is a File encrypting malware that belongs to STOP/DJVU Ransomware family. It encrypts all your files (photos, databases, documents, backups, etc.) and adds the “.qdla” extension to file names. After encryption, a ransom note “_readme.txt” is also dropped in all infected folders.
This .Qdla File Virus force it’s victims’ to pay ransom money to buy decryption key. The ransom note contains instructions for the payment of ransom money through Bitcoin. Cybercriminals behind this Qdla virus want you to pay money to use your own files. This guide can help you remove Qdla ransomware and recover your files.
What is Qdla Ransomware
Qdla File virus is actually a strain of STOP/Djvu ransomware virus. Cybercriminals who created this malware keep releasing new variants at regular intervals to avoid breaking their codes. Currently, there are more than 340 different versions of this malware are released. Every time a new variant is launched, the decryption codes get changed. So the chances of creating any Universal decryptor which works for all variants are none.
Most of the victims of Qdla virus reported that their computer got infected after browsing untrustworthy sites like torrents in search of pirated programs. Cracked software usually contains some types of Trojan spoof the license key authentication process. These Trojans can be easily used to distribute malware like .Qdla file virus. Users normally download such filthy programs on their own and also stop their antivirus protection to install them.
Once installed, this Qdla virus instantly starts the encryption process and targets important files, like videos, images, documents, audio, and etc. This virus soon takes full control of the victim’s computer and all the personal files, then it leaves the ransom note with instructions for paying the extortion fees.
Qdla ransomware is a STOP/DJVU variant
Qdla is a recently detected ransomware-type malware infection that encrypts files on the victim’s computer. This nasty file-encrypting virus belongs to the notorious STOP/DJVU Ransomware family. It is set to corrupt files on the system which it has infected. It uses a powerful encryption algorithm to encode users’ files and after people cannot access their data. Encrypted files are marked with the “.qdla” file extension which is its name. File locked by this malware has a custom decryption key which is needed to unlock the data. Creators of .Qdla File Virus demand ransom money to give that key and restore files upon payment.
Once this .Qdla virus encrypts your files, from that moment forward you can no longer access any of your data. A ransom note named “_Readme.txt” will be placed on your computer (almost in every folder) to remind you of encryption and demand ransom money. This note contains a text message in which hackers ask users to contact by writing on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com email addresses. They also ask users to pay a hefty ransom amount of $480 to $980 USD in Bitcoins for the decryption tool.
What this Qdla virus Do to your files
As we told you, Qdla is file-encrypting malware and it uses very advanced RSA and AES encryption algorithms to lock files of infected PC. If you don’t know what encryption is, then you should understand that is a type of protection for digital files. Your data can be locked by a using unique private decryption key generated by the computer. There is no way to duplicate that key and thus it is simply not possible to unlock files without knowing the key.
Qdla virus uses this technique to lock files on your computer knowing that you will have no option other than to pay ransom money to get your files back. After successful encryption of your files, it adds its “.Qdla” extension. For example, if a file name “myphoto.jpg” gets encoded, then it will change into “myphoto.jpg.Qdla”. It is an encrypted file that you cannot open without a decryption code. So this is the method used by hackers to blackmail innocent users and force them into paying hefty ransom money.
Contents of the “_Readme.txt” ransom note left behind
Qdla Ransomware leaves the ransom note “_readme.txt” in all compromised folders. The note explains to victims that all their photos, databases, documents, and other important files are locked. It also stated that they can restore their files for a certain price.
Hackers behind this .Qdla virus also offers free decryption of 1 file as proof that they can restore all the files to the previous version. They have set a price for the decryption key of $490 USB in Bitcoins if users contact them and pay the ransom within 72 hours. If not the price is likely to get doubled which is $980 USD. Contacts details of hackers are also provided in the ransom note.
Ransom note “_readme.txt” contains the following text message :
ATTENTION! Don’t worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This software will decrypt all your encrypted files. What guarantees you have? You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free. But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information. You can get and look video overview decrypt tool: hxxps://we.tl/t-Oc0xgfzC7q Price of private key and decrypt software is $980. Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490. Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment. Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours. To get this software you need write on our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Reserve e-mail address to contact us: email@example.com Your personal ID:
Do Not pay Ransom money to hackers
As many security experts advise, you should not pay any money to cybercriminals. The main motive of hackers is to make an illegal profit and they might never give you a decryption tool. In many cases, we have observed that and many victims reported to us that hackers stop all communications after getting the money. Since hackers demand ransom money in Bitcoins, so there is no way to find who you are paying.
Qdla ransomware works with a single motive of blackmailing users and forcing them to pay money. Providing a decryption key is solely depends on evil hackers which you cannot trust. We suggest you remove .Qdla File Virus completely from your system and then try alternative ways to restore your encrypted files like backup copies or using data recovery software.
Qdla Ransomware: Threat Analysis
How your PC got infected by Qdla
It is very important to understand how your system got infected by this virus so that you can protect your PC in the future. The first thing we would like to mention is, the use of cracked or pirated software on your system can bring .Qdla File Virus on your system. Pirated copy of Windows is also vulnerable to threats because it uses KMSPICO for the activation which is a well-known virus and malware distributor.
Clicking on unknown ads, pop-ups, banners, push notifications in search of free applications also redirect users to suspicious websites which may host malicious codes. Most of the freeware programs contain malicious attachments which can be installed silently without users’ permission. Browsing to porn sites or sharing files on an unsafe network can also bring this malware to your PC.
Qdla ransomware virus removal tips
Qdla ransomware is a not common threat and thus it might not be so easy to get rid of this infection. You must seek professional help for the removal of this nasty malware from your system. We advise using both manual and automatic methods to ensure the safe and permanent elimination of this threat. For that, you will need to use a Powerful Anti-Malware Tool that finds and remove this infection at once. We have created a detailed guide with step-by-step instructions to help you in the removal process of .Qdla File Virus.
Anti-malware tool can easily detect and remove this infection from your and can also block this malware or similar threats in the future. You need to run a thorough scan of your PC and remove all the files and elements related to this Qdla ransomware virus. Do not try to format or reinstall your Windows because you can never restore your files.
Once the removal of this infection then you can create a backup of all the encrypted files and store them on any external hard drive or the cloud drive. Then if you have any backup of your precious files then you can use them to restore your files. If you don’t have a backup then you can wait for the decryption tool or try a good Data Recovery Software to help you recover your files.
Automatic Qdla Virus Removal Guide
As you already know that, Qdla Virus is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting on your system ever again.
So the best way to remove Qdla effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and effort. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against the latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you need to click on the below download button to get the software.
Some time threats like Qdla Virus keep getting back on the machine if all associated files are not removed. You should use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to run a thorough scan of your PC and delete all threats at once.SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware offers a 7-day fully-functional Free Trial. Credit card required, NO charge upfront. No charge if you cancel up to two business days before the trial period ends. Read SpyHunter 5 Review, and Free SpyHunter Remover details.
- Then double-click on the installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch Anti-Malware application and Start Scan Now of your PC.
- The software will scan your PC for all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on the Next button to see results and delete Qdla and other threats.
How To Recover .Qdla Files
Now all your files got encrypted by the .Qdla Virus then you need to recover your data without paying ransom money to hackers. If your files are important then you must have created a backup and you can use that backup to recover your files. If you don’t have a backup or this virus has encrypted your backup files, then you are left to seek professional help.
As there is no Qdla ransomware decryption tool available, we recommend you use powerful data recovery software to decrypt .Qdla Files. It is a risk-free and smart way. You can just download the free version and scan your PC for files. There is a high probability that it can recover most of your files in a fraction of the amount that hackers are demanding. It is also needless to say that paying hackers will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks.
- First, you need to download Data Recovery software on your PC.
- Install the program, launch it then select the Data type to recover, and click the Next button.
- Select the location from where you want to recover data and click the Scan button.
- After the scan, software will list all files, select them and click the Recover button.
Manual Qdla Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click the OK button.
- Click on the Boot tab then the System configuration window will appear.
- Choose Safe Boot, check the network box, Click Apply, and press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Find any malicious or Qdla Virus related process.
- Now right-click on it then click End process.
How To Uninstall Qdla from Windows PC
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and then click the OK button.
- Now Programs and Features windows will appear on the screen.
- Find and remove all Qdla related or malicious programs.
Remove Virus related IP address from Hosts Files
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Now open the hosts file with Notepad.
- Look for any suspicious IP address that might be related to Qdla Virus.
- Delete all the malicious IP addresses and save the host files.
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type regedit in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type Qdla and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Delete Virus related files from your PCWhen a threat gets on to a PC, it most likely creates some files at different locations on the system. These files are used to perform a specific action and also help malware in getting back to the computer once it’s removed. So you just need to find also delete all those files associated with this .Qdla File Virus. For that follow the below instruction :
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard
- Type each of the following in Run Box and press the OK button
Remove Qdla Virus via system restore
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type cmd in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- When the System Restore window opens on your computer screen click the Next button, then choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click the Next button.
- Finally, click on the Yes button to start the system restoration process.
Note: This will only work if you have a restore point set on your PC or it will give an error message. Restoring the computer to a previous version may or may not remove .Qdla File Virus. Most of the time, viruses just delete all the restore points. If this trick does not work for you then don’t get disappointed.
After restoring your computer, we recommend you run a thorough scan of the PC using a Powerful Anti-Malware program to detect and remove any hidden threats. In most cases, viruses may spread through any files outside of the C drive because system restoring only affect the C drive. There may be some Virus related files hiding your PC, and it never hurts to double-check.
Sometimes, system restore doesn’t work or viruses can just remove the restore points. As such you will probably have no other choice than to choose the Automatic Removal Process. It is the best and error-free method to find and remove threats from your computer. Additionally, you should also check some important malware prevention tips provided here in this guide to avoid similar virus attacks in the future.
Remove Qdla Virus From MacOSIf you are a mac user, and your machine got infected by this nasty file-encrypting malware then you need to remove it as soon as possible. Although Mac systems are quite safe they still do get infected. So you can delete this infection using the below steps:
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open it.
- Find Qdla related process, click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen, click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find Qdla or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove Qdla Virus Related Files From MacWhen any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on Go button.
- Find and remove any Qdla Virus related or malicious file.
Attention: If you are not tech-savvy, then it could be quite difficult to remove Qdla File Virus manually from your Mac. The best way is to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and see if it can detect all hidden threats and viruses on your computer. It’s really super easy and you should give it a try.
How SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware Works
- First, download the SpyHunter for Mac by clicking on the below button.
Some time threats like Qdla Virus keep getting back on the machine if all associated files are not removed. So you are advised to use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to run a thorough scan of your Mac and delete all threats at once.SpyHunter for Mac offers a 15-day fully-functional Free Trial. Credit card required, NO charge upfront. No charge if you cancel up to two business days before the trial period ends. Read SpyHunter for Mac Review, and Free SpyHunter Remover details.
- Now go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter Anti-Malware For Mac.
- Launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- The software will start running a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risks, and so on.
- Finally, you will see a list of malware detected on your mac, now click on the Next button to start the removal process.
Tips To Prevent .Qdla Virus in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows/Mac OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep a backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is .Qdla File Virus Ransomware?
Qdla Virus is a Ransomware infection that encrypts all the files on an infected PC such as Videos, photos, music, databases, documents, backup, etc. After that, it forces victims’ to pay huge ransom money for the decryption key. It is the latest variant of STOP/DJVU Ransomware infection. It adds its own “.qdla” extension to all your files and also ransom note “_Readme.txt” in all compromised folders.
How did Qdla Virus infected my computer?
Creators of this threat can use several techniques to spread this malware. Usually, threats like Qdla Virus intrude on your computer through Bundled Freeware programs, Spam emails, cracked software, illegal patches, fake software updates, clicking on suspicious links, and visiting porn or torrent sites.
How can I open “.Qdla” files?
Unfortunately, you cannot open “.Qdla” files without decrypting them first. All your files are encrypted and you need a decipher or decryption key to unlock those files before accessing them.
Are my files completely lost?
No, your files are still there on your computer but you simply don’t have access. Qdla virus has encrypted your files and they can only be accessed after using a decrypting key for which it is demanding the ransom money.
How to decrypt .Qdla Files?
There is no perfect Qdla ransomware decryptor available currently which can restore all your files. But we have suggested a quite effective Qdla File Recovery method in this guide which you can follow to recover your files. But don’t try to restore your data without removing the virus because it will keep encrypting your files.
How to Remove Qdla Ransomware Virus?
It could be quite hard to remove this infection from computers, especially for non-technical users. We have shared several tips on removing this threat manually in this guide which you can use. If you have no prior experience with virus removal then feel free to Download Qdla Ransomware Virus Removal Tool. It is the safest and easiest way to remove this infection from your PC.
Can I reinstall Windows to remove Qdla virus and decrypt files?
If you will reinstall your Windows then it might remove the infection from your computer but you will not be able to recover your files. If you only format C Drive then the virus hiding in other drives will infect your system again. You have to use a powerful Anti-malware Tool to delete this virus and only then try to decrypt your files.
What to Do If nothing works?
If you are not able to recover your files by any method then still there is a lot you can do.
1. Make a backup of all your files on any External drive or cloud drive.
2. Remove Qdla virus from your PC and move all infected files to an external drive.
3. Make sure there is no other infection hiding on your PC. (Scan twice with Anti-Malware).
4. Try to find any old backup of data and restore your files.
5. If you don’t have a backup, then contact your friends and family so they can check if they have any of your important files.
6. Check your smartphone or social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to find old pictures.
7. See if you can download some of your lost software, programs, games, movies, videos, audio from the web.
How to report this attack to Authorities?
If you are also a Victim of the Qdla virus then you should report this cybercrime incident to legal authorities in your county. Here is the list of some of the official government websites for reporting Cybercrime activities:
United States – Guard Online
Australia – SCAMwatch
United Kingdom – Action Fraud
New Zealand – Consumer Affairs Scams
Canada – Canadian Anti-Fraud
Ireland – An Garda Síochána
India – National Cybercrime Reporting Portal
You can also search to find the Internet Crime Authority in your country. Meanwhile, it will not help you remove or restore your files in any way but it’s merely information to authorities. Once you register your complaint, authorities might look into and take preventive measures to stop further attacks. However, don’t get lured by third-party criminal reporting sites or fake technical support websites. They are more like to cheat you instead of helping you.