Bengalcat Ransomware is a notorious ransomware infection designed to encrypted data on targeted PC. It demands ransom for the decryption of files after encrypting them. This dubious virus append “.777” extension to file names during the encryption process. For example, file name “photo.jpg” will get converted into “photo.jpg.777”, which can only be accessed after decryption. It also leaves ransom notes with the name of “read_it.txt” into compromised folders on infected PC.
Bengalcat Ransomware Description
Bengalcat Ransomware is a very violent and nasty computer malware. It is a disastrous PC threat that belongs to Ransomware family. It can intrude any Windows machine including XP, Vista, 7, 8 and the latest 10. Once inside your computer, Bengalcat Ransomware can conduct endless malignant activities that will downgrade your system performance. This notorious malware virus can easily alter your computer settings and disable your security related programs.
This Bengalcat Ransomware can encrypt all your data using a powerful encryption algorithm and make them inaccessible. It will also add its own extension to the end of all your files names to mark them encrypted. Upon successful encoding of your data, it will also leave ransom note on your computer to explain the decryption method and demand ransom money. Whenever you will try to open your files, Bengalcat Ransomware will show error message and ask you to pay the ransom to get decryption code.
When you will open the ransom note left by Bengalcat Ransomware, you will find out that your data is encrypted to cheat money from you. Hackers behind this infection will ask you that your files are encrypted through a powerful algorithm and can only be unlocked through a private decryption key generated for your system. You will be asked to contact the hackers about the ransom amount and proof of decryption code. They may offer to decrypt some of your files for free to show that your files can get recovered once your pay the extortion fee and buy decryption code.
Creators of this dubious Bengalcat Ransomware will ask you to pay ransom fees in BitCoin because it could not be traced and they will also give you some time for transferring the money and threatens to delete your decryption key if you don’t pay money within given time period. It is all an elaborate plan of hackers to scare them and force them into paying ransom money without looking for any other option to recover their data. Makers of Bengalcat Ransomware do not care about your files and they might not even reply you after getting the money.
Bengalcat Ransomware virus spread through different tricks
Bengalcat Ransomware is a dangerous malware that mostly spread through spam emails with malicious attachments. Your system could also get infected by this virus when you download freeware programs, cracked software or illegal patches from low quality websites. This dubious threat could also slip into your machine when you visit porn or torrent websites on regular basis. Misleading ads that redirect your browser on shady websites could also result into download of Bengalcat Ransomware on your computer because hackers often use those phishing sites to spread malware.
You should always by careful while using Internet, because it is full of crooks who are looking violate other people privacy and making illegal profit by any means necessary. This Bengalcat Ransomware is a dangerous threat which is designed to force users into paying money for getting access to their own files. It is very cruel and illegal process which is why you should not compromise with hackers, so that they will not think of doing this again.
Bengalcat Ransomware : Threat Analysis
Is Data Recovery possible?
Recovering files encrypted by Bengalcat Ransomware could be very tricky but you don’t need to pay hefty ransom money to hackers. You can use you recent backup files to restore your data but for that you will need to remove this infection or it will keep encrypting your files. If you don’t have any backup then you can use data recovery software which is also a very good option.
You can also store your Bengalcat Ransomware encrypted files on any cloud server and wait for any free decryptor to released so that you can recover your files without paying ransom fees. Reinstalling the Windows or formatting your computer will eliminate any chances of recovering your files, so don’t do it instead use a powerful anti-malware application to remove this infection completely from your system. You are advised to follow the below guide to permanently remove Bengalcat Ransomware and recover your files safely.
The full text of Bengalcat Ransomware’s note is:
----> Oh no ( <---- All of your files have been encrypted -Your network was infiltrated and we have exfiltrarted all your data , we have all your employee info, customers database, operations folder, webpage.. -All your files have been encripted. -All your POS terminals have been modified to get any CC running on them. But dont worry, you can buy our special software for decrypting all your files and you will get all your files back and we wont sell your info / customer data. If you want to cooperate with us you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or jabber email@example.com Otherwise you will never be able to decrypt your files and we will make all your files public, which might lead to fines and an astonishing lost of trust in your com
Removal Tips for Bengalcat Ransomware infection
Now, first thing you need to know is to remove Bengalcat Ransomware virus from your computer. It is not an easy task to delete the file encrypting malware from infected PC. This kind of threats normally tends to create several malicious files copies at different location. It can also modify windows registry entries and host files to get back automatically on the system. You should combine Manual and Automatic Removal process to get rid of this infection completely. We have create a detailed guide for you which can help you in the removal process. Using Anti-Malware Software is the best and safest way to easily remove Bengalcat Ransomware and ensure that it will not get back on your PC.
Automatic Bengalcat Ransomware Removal Guide
As you already know that, Bengalcat Ransomware Virus is a notorious and cunning malware which is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting on your system ever again.
So the best way to remove Bengalcat Ransomware effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well trusted and very powerful anti-malware program which can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and remove threats in real time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First you need to click on below download button to get the software.
Some time threats like Bengalcat Ransomware keep getting back on the machine, if all associated files are not removed. So you are advised to use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to run a thorough scan of your PC and delete all threats at once.
SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware offers a 7-day fully-functional Free Trial. Credit card required, NO charge upfront. No charge if you cancel up to two business days before the trial period ends. Read SpyHunter 5 Review, and Free SpyHunter Remover details.
- Then double-click on installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch Anti-Malware application and Start Scan Now of your PC.
- Software will scan your PC all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on Next button to see results and delete Bengalcat Ransomware and other threats.
How To Recover Your Encrypted Files
Now all your files got encrypted by Bengalcat Ransomware then you need to recover your data without paying ransom money to hackers. If your files are important then you must have created backup and you can use that backup to recover your files. If you don’t have backup or this virus has encrypted your backup files, then you are left to seek the professional help.
We recommend you to use a powerful data recovery software to restore your files encrypted Bengalcat Ransomware File Virus. It is risk free and smart way. You can just download the free version and scan your PC for files. There is a high probability that it can recover most of your files in a fraction of amount what hackers are demanding. It is also needless to say that paying hackers will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks.
- First you need to download Data Recovery software on your PC.
- Install the program, launch it then select Data type to recover and click Next button.
- Select the location from where you want to recover data and click Scan button.
- After scan, software will list all files, select them and click Recover button.
Manual Bengalcat Ransomware Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click OK button.
- Click on Boot tab then System configuration window will appear.
- Choose Safe Boot, check network box, Click Apply and press OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click OK button.
- Find Bengalcat Ransomware related or any malicious process.
- Now right click on it then click End process.
How To Uninstall Bengalcat Ransomware from Windows PC
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run Box and then click OK button.
- Now Programs and Features windows will appear on screen.
- Find and remove all Bengalcat Ransomware related or malicious programs.
Compatible with: Windows 11/10/8/7 (32 Bit and 64 Bit)
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on keyboard.
- Type regedit in Run Box and then click OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type Bengalcat Ransomware and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Delete Virus related files form your PC
When a threat get on to a PC, it most likely create some files at different locations on the system. These files are used to perform specific action and also help malware in getting back to the computer once its removed. So you just need to find also delete all those files associated with this Bengalcat Ransomware File Virus. For that follow the below instruction :
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on keyboard
- Type each of the following in Run Box and press OK button
For the first four option, look for any recent folder related to Bengalcat Ransomware File Virus and remove them. For the Temp folder, you can delete all the files.
Remove Bengalcat Ransomware Virus via system restore
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on keyboard.
- Type cmd in Run Box and then click OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- When System Restore window opens on your computer screen click Next button, then choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click Next button.
- Finally click on Yes button to start the system restoration process.
Note : This will only work if you have restore point set on your PC or it will give error message. Restoring the computer to a previous version may or may not remove Bengalcat Ransomware File Virus. Most of the times, virus just delete all the restore points. If this trick does not work for you then don’t get disappointed.
After restoring your computer, we recommend you to run a thorough scan of PC using a Powerful Anti-Malware program to detect and remove any hidden threats. In most cases, virus may spread through any files outside of C drive because system restoring only affect the C drive. There may be some Virus related file hiding your PC, and it never hurts to double-check.
Some times, system restore doesn’t work or virus can just remove the restore points. In such you will probably have no other choice than choosing the Automatic Removal Process. It is the best and error free method to find and remove threats from your computer. Additionally you should also check some important malware prevention tips provided here in this guide to avoid similar virus attacks in the future.
Remove Bengalcat Ransomware From MacOS
If you are a mac user, and your machine got infected by this nasty file encrypting malware then you need to remove it as soon as possible. Although Mac system are quite safe but they still do get infected. So you can delete this infection using below steps:
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open.
- Find Bengalcat Ransomware related process, click cross button from upper left side corner to end task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on screen, click on Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First go to Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find Bengalcat Ransomware or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Attention : If you are not tech savvy, then it could be quite difficult to remove Bengalcat Ransomware manually from your mac. The best way is to download ComboCleaner Mac Anti-Malware and see if it can detect all hidden threats and viruses on your computer. Its really super easy and you should give it a try.ComboCleaner Mac Antivirus allows you to scan your mac for threats and viruses for free, but you will need to purchase full license to remove found threats. Read EULA.
Tips To Prevent Bengalcat Ransomware in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows/Mac OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam mails from unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purpose.
- Keep backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.
Report cyber attack to Authorities
If you are also a Victim of Bengalcat Ransomware virus then you should report this cyber crime incident to legal authority in your county. Here are the lit of some of the official government websites for reporting fraud and scam activities:
- United States – Guard Online
- Australia – SCAMwatch
- United Kingdom – Action Fraud
- New Zealand – Consumer Affairs Scams
- Canada – Canadian Anti-Fraud
- Ireland – An Garda Síochána
- India – National Cybercrime Reporting Portal
You can also search to find the Internet Crime Authority in your counter. Meanwhile it will not help you remove or restore your files in any way but its merely an information to authorities. Once you register your complain, authorities might look into and take preventive measures to stop further attacks. However don’t get lured by third party criminal reporting sites or fake technical support websites. They are more like to cheat you instead of helping you.