FunctionBlast is a Mac virus that can downgrade your computer performance and risk your privacy. It is capable of showing unwanted and annoying advertisements on Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox browser. It can bring other dangerous threats to your Mac if not removed on time. Read this guide to know how to delete FunctionBlast virus from your Mac.
FunctionBlast on Mac
FunctionBlast is yet another potentially unwanted program (PUP) for macOS. This dubious threat is capable of silently intruding on your Mac and modifying several important settings. It can hijack the main web browser on the device to change the search engine and display unwanted ads during web browsing. Most of the users have reported FunctionBlast as an unreliable and misleading program with the persistent nature of showing an excessive amount of annoying advertisements on the system.
Like any other unwanted program, FunctionBlast sneaks into your Mac through illegal means. It will hide in your system and make several unwanted changes without your permission. At first, you might notice some common ads while browsing the Internet, then some pop-ups and notifications will start showing asking you to click on some links or download some other programs. Actually, it is a tactic used by the FunctionBlast virus to earn commission by referring to other sites or unwanted programs. Many people might ignore such behavior, but these actions can lead to further malware infiltration.
What to do after detection
The best course of action after detecting any such activity is to uninstall the application first. But most of the time it is not as easy to remove programs like FunctionBlast as any other legitimate program. This kind of threat creates multiple files on the operating system to avoid their removal at once. Usually, when a threat like this alters your Mac, it first tries modifying primary browser settings which include changing the homepage and pointing the main search engine to a fake one. FunctionBlast virus will try to stop you from accessing legitimate search tools like Google, Yahoo, or Bing.
Being an adware infection, it can easily deteriorate a user’s web browsing experience by showing tons of unwanted and annoying ads, pop-ups, banners, surveys, and so on. Promotional materials delivered by FunctionBlast will not slow down your Mac but also cause forced redirection of your browser on suspicious websites. Cybercriminals often deploy such methods to bring extra traffic to their websites to generate revenue and spread malware online.
Risks related to potentially unwanted programs
Some people may ignore the ads and browser redirection caused by FunctionBlast virus but it is not good for their system. There are many risks of this type of infection which may not be clear at the time but can cause serious damage later. Firstly these kinds of PUPs are used for malware distribution through ads which most people might ignore to acknowledge. It may bring harmful programs to your Mac without your knowledge.
Browser hijacking capabilities also give FunctionBlast virus complete authority to monitor users’ online activities and collect personal data. It can gather all the surfing history, search queries, saved passwords, Geo-location, IP address, and other crucial information. It may also transfer that collected information to a remote server to be used to personalized ads or sold to third parties. Your complete privacy can be at risk in no time and you might become a victim of cyber fraud. It is very important to get rid of FunctionBlast if you want to protect your privacy and system security.
FunctionBlast extension and hidden files
Upon successful infiltration of your Mac, FunctionBlast may bring some add-ons or extensions on your computer. It may also create some hidden files in the system library due to which may come back after removal. So you will need to delete all the related files for the successful elimination of this threat from your Mac. You might need to combine both the manual and automatic removal processes to effectively remove this threat. You can find this browser hijacker operating as a FunctionBlast extension.
FunctionBlast distribution is a bit tricky
Most people might ask how this infection first came on their Mac if they never downloaded it. So they need to understand that developers of threats like FunctionBlast are highly motivated to illegal profits online. They use PPC campaigns to promote their dubious program and most ads are not checked for any malicious codes or programs. Software bundling is also a very common method used by cybercriminals to promote unwanted potentially dangerous programs. Browsing to porn or torrent sites and downloading to cracked software or illegal files may bring this FunctionBlast infection to your system. Clicking on misleading ads and pop-ups or allowing fake push notifications may also drop malicious codes on your computer.
Block FunctionBlast virus on your Mac
As you know the harmful intentions of this nasty malware, it is advised to block this virus on your Mac. You need to take quick action to eliminate FunctionBlast and stop all the ads, pop-ups, and redirection caused by these programs. It is very important for the safety of your computer as well as your privacy. It might not easy to remove it, so we suggest combining automatic and manual removal methods for the successful elimination of the FunctionBlast mac virus. Using a powerful anti-malware tool will be a good idea as it will not only save your time and efforts but also ensure the complete removal of the virus. We have created a step-by-step guide to guide you through the process.
How To Remove FunctionBlast From Mac
FunctionBlast is a dangerous malware that can cause major damage to your computer. This nasty threat will bring several new problems to your machine. This is why it is quite imperative to delete this threat permanently before it completely damages your entire computer system. Once it manages to infiltrate your Mac, it will make your system vulnerable. This nasty malware is capable of bringing other harmful viruses to your system without your consent. It can completely obliterate your system performance in no time. This virus also has a tendency to hide its malicious copies at various locations on your PC under different names. It is not an easy job to find and remove those virus related files manually.
In this guide, you will find instructions for two very different techniques to get rid of FunctionBlast infection. The first one is the Automatic Removal which is quite fast, effective and accurate. The second method is Manual Removal which usually takes lots of time, needs technical expertise, and often fails to give desired results. However, it is advised to take the help of both techniques to ensure the complete removal of the malware from your system. In case you are not handy with system operations and technical stuff, just opt for the automatic malware removal process to eliminate FunctionBlast infection.
Automatic FunctionBlast Removal Guide
As you already know, FunctionBlast is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting into your system ever again.
So the best way to remove FunctionBlast effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It is a pretty advanced and effective Mac optimization tool that also provides 24X7 customer support. SpyHunter for Mac is the best app to ensure your Mac’s safety and keep it fast like new always. If you value your Mac then it is the most important application for you. Try this software once and you will never have to worry about any malware attacks.
How Automatic Removal Works
- First, download the SpyHunter Mac Anti-malware by clicking on the below button.
- Now go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter Anti-Malware For Mac.
- Launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- The software will start running a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risks, and so on.
- Finally, you will see a list of malware detected on your mac, now click on the Next button to start the removal process.
Manual FunctionBlast Removal Guide
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open the Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open.
- Find FunctionBlast related process, click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end the task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen and click on the Force Quit button.
Remove FunctionBlast From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find any malicious or virus related program then move it to Trash.
Remove FunctionBlast Related Files From Mac
When any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
Follow the below steps to remove virus related files from these locations:
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see the Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on the Go button.
- Find and remove any FunctionBlast related or malicious file.
Now follow the same process for Application Support and LaunchDaemons folders. But be careful, don’t delete any important files or you can break down your entire system.
Attention: Don’t go meddling around and deleting files that you don’t know about. Removing any wrong file may damage your Mac. So you are advised to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and run a thorough scan of your system for threats and viruses.
SpyHunter for Mac offers a 15-day fully-functional Free Trial. Credit card required, NO charge upfront. No charge if you cancel up to two business days before the trial period ends. Read SpyHunter for Mac Review, and Free SpyHunter Remover details.
Remove Infection From Your Browser
Threats like FunctionBlast often install malicious extensions to the browser on the infected machine and make several unwanted changes to the browser settings. You might experience forced browser redirection, lots of annoying pop-up ads, and commercials on your browser due to this. You will need to remove the infection from your browser to put an end to such activities and block the regeneration of malware on your system.
Remove FunctionBlast From Apple Safari
- Open the Safari browser then click on the Preferences option from the Safari menu.
- Open the Extensions tab, find virus related or malicious extensions then click Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open your Safari browser, tap on the Safari menu and select the Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Remove FunctionBlast From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press the ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open the Google Chrome browser, and click the Menu (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select More tools then click on the Extensions option to find all installed Extensions on chrome.
- Choose virus related or malicious extensions then click the trash can icon to remove them completely.
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the settings option.
- On the Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, and click the Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Remove FunctionBlast From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in URL bar Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser, and click on Menu (☰) option from the upper right corner.
- Select the Add-ons option from the drop-down menu of the list.
- Choose the Extensions option to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Choose virus related or malicious extensions then click on the Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option, and select the (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Once you are done with these settings hopefully your problem is solved. If not, then you can also always download the Mac Anti-virus Program mentioned in this article to get rid of all the threats and viruses automatically. You can also take some precautions to avoid similar malware attacks in the future. Follow the below steps to improve the security of your Mac system.
Tips To Prevent Similar Threats in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked software.
- Make sure that your firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your Mac.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your Mac to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep a backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.