GetStreamSearch Browser redirect virus is a notorious threat which can cause severe damage to infected PC. Its removal process could be quite handful. It tends to keep coming back after removal which is quite annoying. This guide is aimed to help victims to get rid of this dubious threat easily.
What is GetStreamSearch
GetStreamSearch is a dangerous computer infection categorized as browser hijacker infection. This threat could also be called as potentially unwanted program (PUP) because it can get on your PC without permission. Users normally don’t have any use of this program and it does not provide any real value. GetStreamSearch is mainly used by cyber crooks to manipulate users online activities and show unwanted ads to generate revenue. This dubious threat is really a sneaky malware that causes lots of problems on infected PC.
Once GetStreamSearch virus intrude your computer, it assigns a fake search engine to your browser and also change the default homepage. Whenever you will open your browser, a new tab will get opened automatically. This new URL will show lots of sponsored search results and third party ads that redirect your browser on unreliable websites. GetStreamSearch virus can alter any Windows PC and it mainly targets most used browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, Edge and others.
Browser hijackers can cause major damage
Threats like GetStreamSearch virus can be very dangerous and cause serious damage to infected computer. Many people might consider it a low threat but it sure can bring seriously harmful malware on your PC. The main work of browser centirc viruses are to forcibly redirect browser on malicious and suspicious websites. GetStreamSearch virus mainly wants to boost traffic for its partners sites to earn commission. Those sites may carry malicious scripts that can easily infect the computer after redirection and drop malicious threat. Therefore, it is very important you keep track of any slightest change in browser settings and notice frequent redirection and unwanted ads.
Additionally, GetStreamSearch virus displays endless advertisements like pop-ups, banners, offers, push notifications, surveys and similar ads. This free flow of promotional content has only purpose to redirect web traffic on low quality sites to generate illegal revenue. GetStreamSearch may be advertise and promoted as browsing enhancement tool, it surely does the opposite of what it promises. It can deteriorate your web browsing experience and also create load on your browser causing it freeze and further slow down your PC. What’s more, clicking on malicious ad campaigns can also trigger download and installation of malware automatically.
Distribution of GetStreamSearch browser hijacker
It is an intrusive malware which does not need the users’ permission to get on the targeted PC. It can easily get added to your browser as extension. GetStreamSearch can reach your system when you download a freeware program as software bundles. Many creators add third party programs to their free software to earn some extra money by providing free stuffs. Clicking on malicious pop-up ads causes browser redirection on suspicious websites that can drop this threat on your PC. Downloading cracked or pirated software can also bring GetStreamSearch virus on your computer. These types of programs are cracked using Trojan viruses which can be be used to drop malware on targeted PC.
Harms a browser hijacker can do to your PC
Even though it may look suspicious at first look but can seriously harm your PC. Being a browser hijacker, it can easily access all the important details of user without their permission. GetStreamSearch can track your online activities, browsing history and cookies to collect login ID, passwords, geolocation, IP addresses and other personal data. These details could be further used to show personalized ads and can be also sold online to cybercriminals to use in illegal activities. GetStreamSearch virus can bring other threats and malware on your system without your permission. Your computer will soon become very sluggish and your privacy will get into risk. You can get cheated or you might become a victim of online fraud.
GetStreamSearch : Threat Analysis
How to avoid malware intrusion
Well its actually not a rocket science to stop malware from infecting your system. If you follow some simple steps, it is fairly easy to detect the infection and stop it beforehand. Usually, threats like GetStreamSearch spread through software bundles and you can avoid them by choosing the Custom or Advanced installation process. In simple words, when you download any freeware then check it for added bundles before installing. Also scan all your email attachments before opening because spam emails are one of the most used method of malware spreading.
You are also advised to use a good antivirus programs and scan your computer regularly for threats like GetStreamSearch. Never download pirated software or freeware programs from malicious sources. Keep all your software and Windows updated. Only download updates from official websites and avoid fake software updates. Check your browser for unknown extensions in case of excessive ads and forced redirection.
Stop GetStreamSearch from causing major damage
Unfortunately, GetStreamSearch is a stubborn malware infection and its removal can be complicated. It has a tendency to create lots of files and strings on the infected PC that help this threat into getting back after removal. It is quite important to removal all the associated files, extensions, registry entries and reset all the changes it has made to your browser and computer settings.
This process can be hectic, confusing and time consuming, so using a powerful Malware Removal Tool can be a good option to delete this threat automatically at once. However we have created a guide with step-by-step instructions that you can follow to get rid of GetStreamSearch virus. You can combine the Manual and Automatic process for best results.
How To Remove GetStreamSearch Virus
GetStreamSearch is a harmful and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems in your PC, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. When this kind of malware invades your system, it may also bring other threats to the victimized system. It can do major damage to your computer in a very quick time. It may have already spread its copies at different locations on your system. Files related to this infection can have different names, so it will make it harder to detect.
We are going to discuss two possible ways to remove GetStreamSearch infection 1. Automatic Removal, 2. Manual Removal method. It’s better to have a complete diagnosis on the infected PC so that all the potential infections can easily be found and removed at once. You must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to GetStreamSearch infection. The Automatic Removal process is fast, precise, and error free whereas the Manual Removal process is time-consuming and a slight mistake can corrupt the entire operating system. We advised you to take the help of both methods to completely eliminate the virus from your PC.
Automatic GetStreamSearch Removal Guide
As you already know that, GetStreamSearch is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting on your system ever again.
So the best way to remove GetStreamSearch effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against the latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you need to click on the below download button to get the software.
- Then double-click on the installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch Anti-Malware application and Start Scan Now of your PC.
- Software will scan your PC for all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on Next button to see results and delete GetStreamSearch and other threats.
Manual GetStreamSearch Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click OK button.
- Click on Boot tab then System configuration window will appear.
- Choose Safe Boot, check network box, Click Apply, and press OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click OK button.
- Find GetStreamSearch related or any malicious process.
- Now right-click on it then click End process.
How To Uninstall GetStreamSearch from Windows PC
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run Box and then click OK button.
- Now Programs and Features windows will appear on the screen.
- Find and remove all GetStreamSearch related or malicious programs.
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type regedit in Run Box and then click OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type GetStreamSearch and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Warning: Meddling with Windows Registry files might not be a good idea if you don’t have advanced knowledge about registry files. Deleting the wrong file can break down your entire system. Proceed at your own risk, or just skip this step. You can choose the Automatic Removal method and avoid all the problems.
Remove GetStreamSearchOSIf you are a mac user, and your machine got infected by this nasty malware then you need to remove it as soon as possible. Although Mac systems are quite safe they still do get infected. So you can delete this infection using the below steps:
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open it.
- Find Enuebenet.biz related process, click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen, click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find Enuebenet.biz or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove Enuebenet.biz Related Files From MacWhen any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on Go button.
- Find and remove any Enuebenet.biz related or malicious file.
Attention: If you are not tech-savvy, then it could be quite difficult to remove Enuebenet.biz manually from your Mac. The best way is to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and see if it can detect all hidden threats and viruses on your computer. It’s really super easy and you should give it a try.
How SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware Works
- First, download the SpyHunter for Mac by clicking on the below button.
- Now go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter Anti-Malware For Mac.
- Launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- Software will start running a a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risk and so on.
- Finally you will see a list of malwares detected on your mac, now click on Next button to start the removal process.
Remove GetStreamSearch From Browser
Most of the time, threats like this make several changes to the browser which helps it to track victims’ online activities. It is important to completely remove GetStreamSearch from the browser or it may come back. Follow below steps to remove this infection from your browser.
Delete Malicious Extensions From Browser
Many spyware now has browser hijacking capabilities to show ads, offers, alerts, notifications, or stealing the personal information of the victim. Follow below steps to remove malicious extensions from your browser.
Remove GetStreamSearch From Google Chrome
Note : Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow below steps.
- Open Google Chrome browser, click the Menu (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select More tools then click on Extensions option to find all installed Extensions on chrome.
- Choose GetStreamSearch related extensions then click the trash can () icon to remove completely.
Remove GetStreamSearch From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in URL bar Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow below steps.
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons option from the drop-down menu of the list.
- Choose the Extensions option to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Choose GetStreamSearch related extensions then click on Remove button.
Remove GetStreamSearch From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Extensions option from the drop-down menu to see extensions on your browser.
- Choose GetStreamSearch related extensions then click on Uninstall button to remove it.
Remove GetStreamSearch From Apple Safari
- Open Safari browser then tap on Preferences option from Safari menu.
- Open the Extensions tab, find GetStreamSearch related extensions then click Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Remove GetStreamSearch From Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer then click on Menu () from the upper right corner.
- Select manage Add-ons option from drop-down list to see installed extension.
- Find GetStreamSearch related extensions and click on Disable button to remove it.
Reset Browser Setting to DefaultOnce you remove GetStreamSearch from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by the virus. Follow below steps for that :
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select settings option.
- On Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, click Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option, and select (?) icon.
- Click on Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Reset MS Edge Browser
- Open MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option, and select settings.
- Click on Choose what to clear Option, choose first three options then click on Clear button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open Safari browser, tap on Safari menu, and select Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on Reset button.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- Open Internet Explorer then click on Menu () icon and hit Internet options.
- Visit Advanced tab, click Reset button, check Delete personal settings option, and hit Reset button.
How to Enable Browser Protection
Follow the below steps to enable built-in dangerous site protection in your web browsers. You can follow the same steps if you want to stop the malware protection on your browser.
Google Chrome – Dangerous Sites Protection
- Open your Chrome web browser, type “chrome://settings” in the URL bar, and press Enter.
- Got to bottom of the page and select “Show advanced settings” option.
- Look for the Privacy and security section then click on Sync and Google services.
- Now turn on the Safe Browsing (Protect you and your device from dangerous sites) option.
Safari Browser – Change Security preferences in Safari
- Open your Safari web browser, then tap on the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- Now you have to open the Security options on your Safari browser.
- Check Warn When Visiting a Fraudulent website box from the Fraudulent Sites section.
Mozilla Firefox – Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
- Open your Firefox web browser, click on Menu (☰) and select Options from the list.
- Now click on the Security option and then select the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Edge Browser – Activate SmartScreen Filter
- Open your MS Edge web browser, click on More (⋮) icon from the upper right corner.
- Click on the Settings option from the Edge menu drop-down list.
- Scroll down and find View Advanced Settings option then open it.
- Turn ON the “help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Internet Explorer – Activate Microsoft SmartScreen Filter
- Open your IE web browser, then click on Menu () icon and hit Safety options.
- Now click on the SmartScreen Filter option from the drop-down list.
- Turn on SmartScreen Filter and restart your browser.
If you made these settings on your browser then phishing and malware protection on your browser is now active. But it does not mean that your computer cannot get infected by threats. These settings may block some dangerous and suspicious sites but there are other ways through which hackers can target your PC. So you must download a powerful Anti-Malware application on your computer that provides real-time protection to ensure your system security.
Tips To Prevent GetStreamSearch Virus in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.