HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn virus detected on your computer? Are you not able to completely get rid of this infection? Is this virus keep getting back on your computer every time you remove it? This guide can help you delete this Trojan virus from your PC once and for all.
What is HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn
Recently, a Trojan virus called HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn gets lots of attention from security experts. Well, this notorious malware infection is spreading really fast and the reason for that is its distribution methods. Actually, cybercriminals are using aggressive and deceptive tricks to target innocent users to make illegal profits. HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn infection is designed to attack all versions of Windows computers, sneak silently, and cause severe damage to the targeted machine.
HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn virus is designed to intrude the targeted system without being detected by the security software and hide deep into the system from where it may easily control the entire system. It takes over the compromised system by surprise and contributes to severe damage in a quick time. It is such a vicious threat that can get inside your PC without your permission. What’s more, it executes a series of malicious tasks in your system background. Hence, users should remove HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn Trojan virus at the earliest from their PC.
How harmful is it for your PC
HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn is a hazardous malware infection that can brutally damage your entire system. It will cause unwanted problems on your system like freezing the computer, a black screen of death, unwanted pop-ups, browser redirection, unresponsive applications, and many more. This dubious threat will exhaust most of your CPU resources by starting several malicious and useless process in the background that uses lots of system power and slow down the entire computer system.
HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn virus infection makes several unwanted changes to your system and browser settings that directly affect the speed and performance of your machine. It will hide deep into your PC and keep changing its location and name to disguise its presence and stay undetected in your system for a long time. You won’t even suspect the presence of this malware until its gathers full access to your system and spread its copies all over your system with different names.
How your PC got infected
HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn is a dangerous computer malware that can use several tricks to intrude on your system. This perilous threat is created and distributed by vicious hackers with the motive of making an illegal profit by cheating innocent victims. This is quite sure that no person is going to download this kind of malware on their PC. Threats like HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn sneak into targeted machines bundled with free third-party programs and freeware that you users download from suspicious sites.
Spam emails containing malicious attachments are one of the oldest and quite effective ways to spread malware online. Do not open any email from an unknown sender and never open attachments without scanning. HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn virus could also get downloaded on your system hidden inside pirated software that users download from Torrent or similar shady sources. Browsing to malicious sites, porn sites, clicking on spam ads, and sharing files on the unsafe network could also result in this malware sneaking into the targeted system.
Why do you need to remove it
HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn Trojan virus will control your entire system. As soon as it gets inside your computer it modifies all your important system settings including the boot drive, infects registry entries, and DNS settings, turns off the firewall, and so on. This vicious Trojan virus will also cause severe corruption in your .exe files, system files, and so on. Moreover, this particular Trojan horse virus will also bring several hidden malicious files to your computer without your permission. The worst thing about this vicious Trojan virus can even steal your sensitive information for hackers.
HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn virus can also provide remote access to your computer to cybercriminals without your knowledge which can result in the leak of sensitive information, identity theft, bank fraud, and various other problems. Removing this infection manually needs lots of knowledge and patience. The manual removal process is not always effective because threats like this can get back to your system using its leftover files, registry keys, shortcuts, and various other strings. You will need to remove all the associated files to completely remove this infection from your system for good. Therefore, it is recommended to follow the below instructions to remove HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn Trojan virus from your PC safely and permanently.
How to Remove HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click the OK button.
- Click on the Boot tab to open the System configuration window.
- Choose Safe Boot, check the network box, Click Apply, and press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Find HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn related or any malicious process.
- Now right-click on it then click End process.
Uninstall HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn from Windows PC
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and then click the OK button.
- Now Programs and Features windows will appear on the screen.
- Find and remove all HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn related or malicious programs.
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type regedit in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Remove HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn From Browser
Most of the time, threats like this make several changes to the browser which helps it to track victims’ online activities. It is important to completely remove the virus from the browser or it may come back. Follow the below steps to remove this infection from your browser.
Delete Malicious Extensions From Browser
Many spyware now has browser hijacking capabilities to show ads, offers, alerts, notifications, or steal the personal information of the victim. Follow the below steps to remove malicious extensions from your browser.
Remove HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open your Google Chrome browser, and click the Menu (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select More tools then click on the Extensions option to find all installed Extensions on chrome.
- Choose virus related extensions then click the trash can icon to remove them completely.
Eliminate HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in URL bar Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser, and click on Menu (☰) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons option from the drop-down menu of the list.
- Choose the Extensions option to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Choose virus related extensions then click on the Remove button.
Remove HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn From Microsoft Edge
- Open your MS Edge browser, and click on More Tools (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select the Extensions option from the drop-down menu to see extensions on your browser.
- Choose virus related extension then click on Uninstall button to remove it.
Remove HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn From Apple Safari
- Open your Safari browser then tap on the Preferences option from the Safari menu.
- Open the Extensions tab, find virus related extensions then click Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Delete HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn From Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer then click on Menu option from the upper right corner.
- Select the manage Add-ons option from the drop-down list to see the installed extension.
- Find all virus related or malicious extensions and click on Disable button to remove them.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
Once you remove HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by the virus. Follow the below steps for that :
Google Chrome Web Browser Reset
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the Settings option.
- Scroll down to the bottom, and hit the Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Mozilla Firefox Browser Reset
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option and select the (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
MS Edge Browser Reset
- Open the MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option, and select settings.
- Click on Choose what to clear Option, choose the first three options then click on the Clear button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open your Safari browser, tap on the Safari menu, and select the Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- Open your Internet Explorer then click on Menu icon and hit Internet options.
- Visit the Advanced tab then click the Reset button.
- Check the Delete personal settings option, and hit the Reset button.
How to Enable Browser Protection
Follow the below steps to enable built-in dangerous site protection in your web browsers to block threats like HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn. You can follow the same steps if you want to stop the malware protection on your browser.
Google Chrome – Dangerous Sites Protection
- Open your Chrome web browser, type
chrome://settingsin the URL bar, and press Enter.
- Got to bottom of the page and select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Look for the Privacy and security section then click on Sync and Google services.
- Now turn on the Safe Browsing (Protect you and your device from dangerous sites) option.
Safari Browser – Change Security preferences in Safari
- Open your Safari web browser, then tap on the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- Now you have to open the Security options on your Safari browser.
- Check Warn When Visiting a Fraudulent website box from the Fraudulent Sites section.
Mozilla Firefox – Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
- Open your Firefox web browser, click on Menu (☰) and select Options from the list.
- Now click on the Security option and then select the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Edge Browser – Activate SmartScreen Filter
- Open your MS Edge web browser, and click on More (⋮) icon from the upper right corner.
- Click on the Settings option from the Edge menu drop-down list.
- Scroll down and find the View Advanced Settings option then open it.
- Turn ON the “help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Internet Explorer – Activate Microsoft SmartScreen Filter
- Open your IE web browser, then click on Menu icon and hit Safety options.
- Now click on the SmartScreen Filter option from the drop-down list.
- Turn on SmartScreen Filter and restart your browser.
If you made these settings on your browser then phishing and malware protection on your browser is now active. But it does not mean that your computer cannot get infected by threats. These settings may block some dangerous and suspicious sites but there are other ways through which hackers can target your PC. So you must download a powerful Anti-Malware application on your computer that provides real-time protection to ensure your system security.
Automatic HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn Removal Guide
As you already know, HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting into your system ever again.
So the best way to remove HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against the latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you need to click on the below download button to get the software.
- Then double-click on the installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch the Anti-Malware application and click on the Start Scan Now button.
- The software will scan your PC for all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on the Next button to see results and delete HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn and other threats.
Prevent threats like HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!rfn in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep a backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.