HomeSearchDesign is another browser redirect malware. It is aimed to promote homesearchdesign.com – a rouge search engine. This threat can show unwanted ads and cause frequent and undesired redirection on suspicious websites.
These types of forced browser redirection is a sign of browser hijacking malware. HomeSearchDesign infection is mainly used to promote suspicious sites and services to make illegal profits. It can be the beginning of major damage because it can bring several other dangerous threats to your computer.
If you want to get rid of this nasty malware, then this guide can help you. In this article, you can find all the information you need to know about this browser hijacker virus, how it gets on your pc, its harmful effects, and finally removal instruction.
What is HomeSearchDesign
HomeSearchDesign is a deceptive computer program recognized as a browser hijacker created by cyber crooks for making an illegal online profit by manipulating users’ web browsing activities. This notorious threat is designed to show sponsored search results and annoying ads on the victimized machine. It has the main intention to promote the web traffic on dubious websites for which its creators earn profit.
This fake search engine looks very legitimate at first look but soon users find out its true nature when it starts doing its malicious activities. Many people have complained about HomeSearchDesign virus. It invaded their system and infected the main browser. It serves loads of annoying ads and redirects their searches on harmful websites. HomeSearchDesign does not only destroy your web browsing experience but also exposes your system security and privacy by redirecting your browser to questionable websites.
Working of HomeSearchDesign
HomeSearchDesign is a fake search provider. Well, it may look like a genuine search engine that claims to enhance your web browsing experience by providing the best and quick search results for you. It could infect your main browser and replace your regular homepage and search engine with its own URL. However, in context to what it claims, HomeSearchDesign just takes advantage of your online activities for its own profit.
Programmed by vicious cybercrooks the only motive of this vicious browser hijacker virus is to earn revenue for its creators. As soon as it gets inside your machine, it quickly infects your entire system and starts its deceptive activities straight away. If your computer is infected by this nasty virus then it would not take long for other threats to get inside your system and damage your entire system. Hence if you see this nasty HomeSearchDesign virus on your system then do a complete scan of your system and try to eliminate this malware immediately from your PC.
How does your PC get infected?
HomeSearchDesign is such a cunning malware infection that can easily get inside the targeted computer without even users’ permission or consent. Creators of this malware use various different tricks to spread this infection. It can get downloaded on your PC bundled with free third-party programs or software and silently get installed in the background without notification. HomeSearchDesign could also spread through cracked software or pirated files that users download from Torrent sites. Visiting questionable sites or clicking on suspicious links, pop-ups, ads, push notifications and annoying advertisements on the browser could bring this threat. Sharing files on an unsafe network and connecting any infected USB drive to your system could also bring this threat to your PC.
HomeSearchDesign: Threat Analysis
How much harm it can do
Don’t make the mistake of taking HomeSearchDesign virus lightly. This dubious threat can hijack all your web browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Mozilla, Safari, etc., and start controlling your entire online activities. Due to this vicious browser hijacker virus, users will experience frequent browser redirection issues. Moreover, it also interrupts your online activities by promoting several unwanted ads and pop-up messages. It even downloads various other threats and harmful browser extensions, add-ons, etc. on your machine without your knowledge.
HomeSearchDesign virus could also disable your anti-virus and firewall program to stay undetected on your system for a long time. It can modify your DNS settings and create new registry entries to complicate its removal. The worst thing about this threat is that it may steal and share your sensitive information with hackers. It can collect your IP address, geolocation, saved passwords, credit card credentials, and many more. These details can be used to show personalized ads or shared with hackers. You can become a victim of cyber fraud or identity theft and then you will not be able to undo the damage.
Elimination of this threat is important
As you know that your computer is infected by this HomeSearchDesign virus and it can cause several problems for your PC. It is better to stop this infection before it makes any permanent or irreparable damage. It might be not so easy to remove this infection completely. This nasty virus creates lots of changes on infected PC and creates new registry files and shortcuts. These files can help this threat in getting back on your system. We have created a guide that can help you completely remove this virus. You should try combining Automatic and Manual removal methods to get rid of HomeSearchDesign virus from your PC once and for all.
How To Remove HomeSearchDesign Virus
HomeSearchDesign is a dangerous malware that can cause major damage to your computer. This nasty threat will bring several new problems on your PC. This is why it is quite imperative to delete this threat permanently before it completely damages your entire computer system. Once it manages to infiltrate your system, it will make your system vulnerable. This nasty malware is capable of bringing other harmful viruses on your system without your consent. It can completely obliterate your system performance in no time. This virus also has tendency to hide its malicious copies at various locations on your PC under different names. It is not an easy job to find and remove those virus related files manually.
In this guide, you will find instructions for two very different techniques to get rid of HomeSearchDesign infection . The first one is the Automatic Removal which is quite fast, effective and accurate. The second method is Manual Removal which usually takes lots of time, needs technical expertise, and often fails to give desired results. However, it is advised to take help of both techniques to ensure complete removal of the malware from your system. In case you are not handy with system operations and techincal stuff, just opt for the automatic malware removal process to eliminate HomeSearchDesign infection.
Automatic HomeSearchDesign Removal Guide
As you already know, HomeSearchDesign is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting into your system ever again.
So the best way to remove HomeSearchDesign effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against the latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you need to click on the below download button to get the software.
Sometimes threats like HomeSearchDesign keep getting back on the machine if all associated files are not removed. So you are advised to use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to run a thorough scan of your PC and delete all threats at once.
Compatible with: Windows 11/10/8/7 (32 Bit and 64 Bit)
- Then double-click on the installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch the Anti-Malware application and click on the Start Scan Now button.
- The software will scan your PC for all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on the Next button to see results and delete HomeSearchDesign and other threats.
Manual HomeSearchDesign Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click the OK button.
- Click on the Boot tab to open the System configuration window.
- Choose Safe Boot, check the network box, Click Apply, and press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Find HomeSearchDesign related or any malicious process.
- Now right-click on it then click End process.
How To Uninstall HomeSearchDesign from Windows PC
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and then click the OK button.
- Now Programs and Features windows will appear on the screen.
- Find and remove all HomeSearchDesign related or malicious programs.
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type regedit in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type HomeSearchDesign and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Warning: Meddling with Windows Registry files might not be a good idea if you don’t have advanced knowledge about registry files. Deleting the wrong file can break down your entire system. Proceed at your own risk, or just skip this step. You can choose the Automatic Removal method and avoid all the problems.
Remove HomeSearchDesign from MacIf you are a mac user, and your machine got infected by this nasty malware then you need to remove it as soon as possible. Although Mac systems are quite safe they still do get infected. So you can delete this infection using the below steps:
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open it.
- Find HomeSearchDesign related process, click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end the task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen, click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find HomeSearchDesign or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove HomeSearchDesign Related Files From MacWhen any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see the Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on the Go button.
- Find and remove any HomeSearchDesign related or malicious file.
Attention: If you are not tech-savvy, then it could be quite difficult to remove HomeSearchDesign manually from your Mac. The best way is to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and see if it can detect all hidden threats and viruses on your computer. It’s really super easy and you should give it a try.
How SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware Works
- First, download the SpyHunter for Mac by clicking on the below button.
Sometimes threats like HomeSearchDesign keep getting back on the machine if all associated files are not removed. So you are advised to use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to run a thorough scan of your Mac and delete all threats at once.
- Now go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter Anti-Malware For Mac.
- Launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- The software will start running a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risks, and so on.
- Finally, you will see a list of malware detected on your mac, now click on the Next button to start the removal process.
Remove HomeSearchDesign From Browser
Most of the time, threats like this make several changes to the browser which helps it to track victims’ online activities. It is important to completely remove HomeSearchDesign from the browser or it may come back. Follow the below steps to remove this infection from your browser.
Delete Malicious Extensions From Browser
Many spyware now has browser hijacking capabilities to show ads, offers, alerts, notifications, or steal the personal information of the victim. Follow the below steps to remove malicious extensions from your browser.
Remove HomeSearchDesign From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open your Google Chrome browser, and click the Menu (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select More tools then click on the Extensions option to find all installed Extensions on chrome.
- Choose HomeSearchDesign related extensions then click the trash can icon to remove them completely.
Remove HomeSearchDesign From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in URL bar Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser, and click on Menu (☰) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons option from the drop-down menu of the list.
- Choose the Extensions option to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Choose HomeSearchDesign related extensions then click on the Remove button.
Remove HomeSearchDesign From Microsoft Edge
- Open your MS Edge browser, and click on More Tools (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select the Extensions option from the drop-down menu to see extensions on your browser.
- Choose HomeSearchDesign related extension then click on Uninstall button to remove it.
Remove HomeSearchDesign From Apple Safari
- Open your Safari browser then tap on the Preferences option from the Safari menu.
- Open the Extensions tab, find HomeSearchDesign related extensions then click Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Remove HomeSearchDesign From Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer then click on Menu option from the upper right corner.
- Select the manage Add-ons option from the drop-down list to see the installed extension.
- Find HomeSearchDesign related extensions and click on Disable button to remove them.
Reset Browser Setting to DefaultOnce you remove HomeSearchDesign from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by the virus. Follow the below steps for that :
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the Settings option.
- Scroll down to the bottom, and hit the Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option and select the (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Reset MS Edge Browser
- Open the MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option, and select settings.
- Click on Choose what to clear Option, choose the first three options then click on the Clear button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open your Safari browser, tap on the Safari menu, and select the Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- Open your Internet Explorer then click on Menu icon and hit Internet options.
- Visit the Advanced tab then click the Reset button.
- Check the Delete personal settings option, and hit the Reset button.
How to Enable Browser Protection
Follow the below steps to enable built-in dangerous site protection in your web browsers. You can follow the same steps if you want to stop the malware protection on your browser.
Google Chrome – Dangerous Sites Protection
- Open your Chrome web browser, type
chrome://settingsin the URL bar, and press Enter.
- Got to bottom of the page and select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Look for the Privacy and security section then click on Sync and Google services.
- Now turn on the Safe Browsing (Protect you and your device from dangerous sites) option.
Safari Browser – Change Security preferences in Safari
- Open your Safari web browser, then tap on the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- Now you have to open the Security options on your Safari browser.
- Check Warn When Visiting a Fraudulent website box from the Fraudulent Sites section.
Mozilla Firefox – Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
- Open your Firefox web browser, click on Menu (☰) and select Options from the list.
- Now click on the Security option and then select the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Edge Browser – Activate SmartScreen Filter
- Open your MS Edge web browser, and click on More (⋮) icon from the upper right corner.
- Click on the Settings option from the Edge menu drop-down list.
- Scroll down and find the View Advanced Settings option then open it.
- Turn ON the “help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Internet Explorer – Activate Microsoft SmartScreen Filter
- Open your IE web browser, then click on Menu icon and hit Safety options.
- Now click on the SmartScreen Filter option from the drop-down list.
- Turn on SmartScreen Filter and restart your browser.
If you made these settings on your browser then phishing and malware protection on your browser is now active. But it does not mean that your computer cannot get infected by threats. These settings may block some dangerous and suspicious sites but there are other ways through which hackers can target your PC. So you must download a powerful Anti-Malware application on your computer that provides real-time protection to ensure your system security.
Tips To Prevent HomeSearchDesign Virus in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep a backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.