Kempus.click pop-up ads on a computer are shown with the motive of redirecting browsers to suspicious phishing websites. This threat is programmed to show unwanted ads on a PC and probably distribute malware. It also collects users’ personal and financial information. Read this step-by-step guide to know how to remove Kempus.click virus from the computer.
What is Kempus.click?
Kempus.click is a highly malicious computer virus created by cyber criminals to promote misleading advertisements and phishing websites. It will show lots of fake pop-up ads, offer, banners, alerts, security messages, etc. on your computer screen. It secretly invades your system and hijacks your main browser. Then it makes several changes to the system and browser settings.
Kempus.click will redirect your browser to several unknown web pages with fake content or advertisements. The main motive of this infection is to serve third-party ads on the infected PC and boost traffic for dubious websites. But you should be careful with Kempus.click pop-up ads because it is a very nasty threat. It is only aimed to cheat users and make illegal profits online.
This nasty threat can disable your anti-virus program, block your firewall security and modify DNS settings. It can directly connect to the remote server for downloading additional threats. It can also prohibit the opening of legitimate websites on your computer.
Kempus.click is able to hijack all main web browsers including Google Chrome, IE, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and others. It can track your web browsing history to collect your personal and financial details without your permission. It can share your details with hackers and risk your privacy.
How it infects your PC?
Kempus.click virus can get on your computer through various methods. Threats like this are deployed by cybercriminals to target a vast number of users at once. Software bundling is one of the most used and effective methods used to spread malware online. Threat actors embed malicious programs to free software and lah them on shady websites.
Spam emails are another heavily used method of malware distribution. It is a phishing technique used to make users click on malicious links or download harmful files. Cybercrooks send emails with fake names to thousands of users at once. If someone opens such emails and downloads attachments or clicks on links, malware gets downloaded on the system.
Cracked software or games or illegal patches are also a major source of threats like Kempus.click and other threats. Nothing is free in this world, so why some people are offering paid software or programs for free? Because they want to spread malware and make illegal profits.
Kempus.click: Threat Analysis
Why do you need to remove Kempus.click?
Kempus.click is not a simple malware infection. It infects your browser and shows fake pop-up ads on your computer. Those ads then redirect your browser to harmful websites forcibly. It diminishes your web browsing experience and exposes your computer to other harmful threats.
This nasty threat can steal your personal and financial information and send to cybercriminals. Your details could be used for bank fraud or cheat other innocent users. In such a case, you may become a victim of identity fraud. If Kempus.click virus brings any dangerous malware like ransomware to your PC then you can lose all your files.
How To Remove Kempus.click
Automatic Kempus.click Removal Guide
It can be hectic to remove threats from an infected PC but the use of powerful Anti-Malware can make it quite easy. SpyHunter anti-malware can help you to remove Trojan, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily. You can scan your system for Kempus.click virus, and all other hidden threats at once. All you need to do is to download this software and run a new scan on your PC.
It will find all the threats and viruses in no time and save you lots of time and effort. This amazing software also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware definition updates make it most effective against the latest attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- You will begin by downloading the software on your system for which you have to click on the below download button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the Anti-Malware program on your PC and proceed with the setup.
- After installation, you will need to launch the Anti-Malware application. From the welcome screen click on the Start Scan Now button to initiate a new scan of your PC.
- Once the scanning process begins, it will take some time to run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and find all hidden threats and malware.
- Soon you will find a complete list of all the threats on your system screen. Then you will need to click on the Next button to delete all the viruses.
Manual Kempus.click Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Click on the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Windows Run Box.
- Now you will need to type in MSConfig and then click the OK button.
- The System configuration settings box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Boot tab, check the Safe Boot option, and select the network box,
- Finally, you will have to click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Open the Windows Rub box again on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- This time you will have to type in taskmgr and then click the OK button to open Windows Task Manager. Look for any unknown or malicious running on your system.
- Select the process which is taking lots of systems resources and then click on the End Task button.
Uninstall Kempus.click from Control Panel
- Again you will need to open the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- This time you need to open the Windows Control Panel, so type in appwiz.cpl and then click the OK button.
- Programs and Features windows will appear on your computer screen with a list of all the installed applications.
- Now you need to look for any unknown or Kempus.click virus related program and then Uninstall it from your PC.
Remove Kempus.click From Registry Editor
- Again open the Windows Run Box on your PC by using the Windows and R keys.
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, type in Regedit and click the OK button.
- Now you will have to find the virus related registry files and remove them.
- Press CTRL and F keys together on the keyboard to start a Find query.
- Type Kempus.click and click on Find Next button to find malicious entries and delete them.
Remove Kempus.click From Browser
Most of the time, threats like this make several changes to the browser which helps it to track victims’ online activities. They use browser hijacking capabilities to show ads, offers, alerts, and notifications or steal the personal information of the victim. It is important to completely remove the virus from the browser or it may come back. Follow the below steps to remove this infection from your browser.
Remove Kempus.click From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press the ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- First, launch the Google Chrome browser then go to the upper right corner and click on the Menu (⋮) option.
- You will see a drop-down menu, select the More tools option and then choose the Extensions option.
- Find the malicious extensions related to the Kempus.click virus from the Chrome extensions page and then click the trash can icon to remove them completely.
Eliminate Kempus.click From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in the URL bar, Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- This time launch the Mozilla Firefox browser and take your mouse to the upper right corner and click on Menu (☰) option.
- Firefox drop-down menu will appear on your screen then click on the Add-ons option.
- Choose the Extensions option from the left side menu to see the list of installed extensions on your browser.
- Look for any suspicious or unknown extensions related to the Kempus.click virus and then uninstall them by clicking on the Remove button.
Remove Kempus.click From Microsoft Edge
- Edge users will launch their MS Edge browser, go to the upper right corner and click on More Tools (⋮) option.
- Again to see the list of all installed extensions, click on the Extensions option from the Edge drop-down menu.
- Find the Kempus.click or any potentially harmful extension and then click on the Uninstall button to remove it.
Remove Kempus.click From Apple Safari
- If you use the Safari browser then launch it and click on the Safari menu then tap on the Preferences option.
- Now just click on the Extensions tab to see the list of all installed extensions on your browser.
- Find Kempus.click or any virus related or malicious extensions then click on Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Delete Kempus.click From Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer users also need to click on the Menu option from the upper right corner.
- When the browser’s drop-down list appears, select the manage Add-ons option to see all installed extensions.
- If you find Kempus.click or any unknown and malicious extensions then remove them by clicking on Disable button.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
Once you remove Kempus.click from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by the virus. Follow the below steps for that :
Google Chrome Web Browser Reset
- First, you need to open Chrome’s settings option by clicking on the Menu (⋮) from the upper right corner.
- You will find a Reset and Clean up option from the left side menu, click on it.
- Now you need to click on the Restore settings to their original defaults option from your screen.
- Finally, give your confirmation by clicking on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Mozilla Firefox Browser Reset
- Launch your Mozilla Firefox browser then go to the upper right corner and click on Menu (☰) option.
- A drop-down menu will appear then click on the Help option to open the Firefox help menu.
- Now click on the More troubleshooting information option.
- Press the Refresh Firefox button and when the system prompts then again give confirmation by clicking on the Refresh Firefox.
MS Edge Browser Reset
- Launch your Microsoft Edge browser then take your mouse to the upper right corner and click on More Tools (…) option.
- When the Edge drop-down menu appears, scroll down until you see the Settings option and click on it.
- Click on the Reset Settings option from the left side menu and then click on the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Finally, when the system prompts you to verify click on the Reset button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Safari users need to open their browser and tap on the Safari menu then select the Reset Safari option.
- Select what you want to clear or you can simply check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- To reset the Internet Explorer browser first click on the Menu icon and hit Internet options.
- Now you will need to click on the Advanced tab and then click the Reset button.
- Check the Delete personal settings option, and again hit the Reset button.