If you want to know how to remove Remove malicious extensions from browser then you are at the right place. This guide is created to help users get rid of the nasty browser infections that keep showing ads and redirect their browser to suspicious sites.
Actually threats like Adware, Browser Hijacker, Redirect Virus and online phishing scams tends to install malicious extensions on the browser to modify its settings and working behaviour. your browser will start acting strange and you will see tons of unwanted pop-ups, ads, offers, alerts, etc.
Such threats can also redirect your searches to malicious sites or show fake search results by tempering with your search engine and homepage. In such case, you will need to find and remove the malicious extension or add-on from your browser to get rid of those problems.
Remove malicious extensions from browser
Malicious extensions may have changed their names to disguise users and avoid their removal. Most users find it difficult to get rid of such infections, so we have created a detailed step-by-step guide which you can follow to find and remove any malicious extensions from your browser.
Remove From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the Menu (⋮) from the upper right corner.
- After you will click on that option, a drop-down chrome menu will appear.
- Click on the More tools option and then open the Extensions settings.
- Find any suspicious or harmful extension related to the virus.
- Finally, press the Remove button to remove the malicious extension.
Remove From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on Menu (☰) from the upper right corner.
- It will instantly trigger a drop-down menu right beneath the menu option.
- Click on Add-ons then select the Extensions tab from the left sidebar.
- Search for any unknown or malicious extension that you don’t remember installing.
- At last click on the Remove button to get rid of the harmful extension.
Uninstall From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge and click on More Tools (…) from the upper right corner.
- It will bring forward a drop-down menu on your Edge browser.
- Find and click on the Extension option to see all installed extensions.
- Look for any suspicious or unknown extension that you haven’t installed yourself.
- Click on the Uninstall button to remove the harmful extension from your browser.
Uninstall From Safari
- Open the Safari browser and select the Preferences option after clicking on the Safari menu (in the top left side).
- The General preferences windows of Safari browser will get opened on your screen.
- Now open the Extensions tab from the Safari Preferences window to see the list of all installed extensions.
- First, you need to disable the suspicious extension by clicking on the check box from the left sidebar.
- Finally, click on the Uninstall button to completely remove the extension from your browser.
Once you are done with removing malicious extensions from your browser, then you should reset browser to its default settings to undo any undesirable changes made by the infection. It will only take a couple of minutes and I have created a detailed guide for you, so you can follow it. You can also download SpyHunter Anti-Malware o automatically detect and remove any threat from your computer.