News-gazifo.cc is a rogue website that shows spam notifications on an infected PC. It is a browser-based infection that promotes fake ads, pop-ups, push notifications, scams, and other deceptive content. This nasty threat also redirects users to unreliable and suspicious web pages where they can get infected by more threats. Read this guide to know how to remove News-gazifo.cc virus from your computer.
What is News-gazifo.cc?
News-gazifo.cc is a notorious computer infection classified as a redirect virus. This dubious threat can attack your computer without your permission. It is able to infect any computer system running on Windows 11, 10, 8, and other previous versions. Once installed on your machine, it will target your browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera, IE, and others.
News-gazifo.cc will modify the system and browser settings and can also modify the default homepage and search engine. After getting added to your main browser, it will also install malicious extensions and add-ons without your consent. When you will go online to surf the Internet, it will show lots of annoying pop-up ads, notifications, banners, offers, warnings, etc. This virus can also redirect your browser to similar malicious and dubious websites.
It is also kind of suspicious that you can rarely find anything when you try to visit News-gazifo.cc intentionally. Cybercrooks mostly use this domain to show rogue advertisements and cause forced browser redirections. Most users get often get tricked by those ads and end up clicking on them and finally repenting for their mistake.
How does your PC get infected?
It is hard to pinpoint the exact way this virus got onto your system. Cybercriminals often use various methods to spread threats like this online to target more victims at once. News-gazifo.cc virus can get on your system through bundled freeware programs that you download from unreliable sources.
Opening spam email attachments and clicking on suspicious links can also bring threats to your system. Your computer can also get infected by viruses when you download pirated software, games, and illegal patches. Browsing porn or torrent sites, sharing files on unsafe networks, and using infected USB drives can also bring threats like this to your PC.
Why it is harmful to your PC?
News-gazifo.cc is a nasty malware that infects your system and takes full control of your browser. It can track your online activities to steal your personal and financial details. If those details get into the wrong hands (in hands of a cybercriminal), you can become a victim of bank fraud, identity theft, or both. It can disable your anti-virus and firewall protection.
This virus can bring more threats and malware to your computer without your permission. It can also provide remote access to your system to hackers and make your PC vulnerable. It is advised to remove News-gazifo.cc virus from the infected computer as soon as possible.
How to Remove News-gazifo.cc Virus
News-gazifo.cc is a dangerous malware that can cause major damage to your computer. This nasty threat will bring several new problems to your PC. This is why it is quite imperative to delete this threat permanently before it completely damages your entire computer system. Once it manages to infiltrate your system, it will make your system vulnerable. This nasty malware is capable of bringing other harmful viruses to your system without your consent. It can completely obliterate your system performance in no time. This virus also has a tendency to hide its malicious copies at various locations on your PC under different names. It is not an easy job to find and remove those virus related files manually.
In this guide, you will find instructions for two very different techniques to get rid of News-gazifo.cc infection. The first one is the Automatic Removal which is quite fast, effective and accurate. The second method is Manual Removal which usually takes lots of time, needs technical expertise, and often fails to give desired results. However, it is advised to take the help of both techniques to ensure the complete removal of the malware from your system. In case you are not handy with system operations and technical stuff, just opt for the automatic malware removal process to eliminate News-gazifo.cc infection.
Automatic News-gazifo.cc Removal Guide
As you already know, News-gazifo.cc is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting into your system ever again.
So the best way to remove News-gazifo.cc effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against the latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you need to click on the below download button to get the software.
- Then double-click on the installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch the Anti-Malware application and click on the Start Scan Now button.
- The software will scan your PC for all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on the Next button to see results and delete News-gazifo.cc and other threats.
Manual News-gazifo.cc Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click the OK button.
- Click on the Boot tab to open the System configuration window.
- Choose Safe Boot, check the network box, Click Apply, and press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Find News-gazifo.cc related or any malicious process.
- Now right-click on it then click End process.
Uninstall News-gazifo.cc from Windows PC
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and then click the OK button.
- Now Programs and Features windows will appear on the screen.
- Find and remove all News-gazifo.cc related or malicious programs.
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type regedit in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type News-gazifo.cc and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Remove News-gazifo.cc From Browser
Most of the time, threats like this make several changes to the browser which helps it to track victims’ online activities. It is important to completely remove the virus from the browser or it may come back. Follow the below steps to remove this infection from your browser.
Delete Malicious Extensions From Browser
Many spyware now has browser hijacking capabilities to show ads, offers, alerts, notifications, or steal the personal information of the victim. Follow the below steps to remove malicious extensions from your browser.
Remove News-gazifo.cc From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open your Google Chrome browser, and click the Menu (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select More tools then click on the Extensions option to find all installed Extensions on chrome.
- Choose virus related extensions then click the trash can icon to remove them completely.
Eliminate News-gazifo.cc From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in URL bar Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser, and click on Menu (☰) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons option from the drop-down menu of the list.
- Choose the Extensions option to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Choose virus related extensions then click on the Remove button.
Remove News-gazifo.cc From Microsoft Edge
- Open your MS Edge browser, and click on More Tools (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select the Extensions option from the drop-down menu to see extensions on your browser.
- Choose virus related extension then click on Uninstall button to remove it.
Remove News-gazifo.cc From Apple Safari
- Open your Safari browser then tap on the Preferences option from the Safari menu.
- Open the Extensions tab, find virus related extensions then click Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Delete News-gazifo.cc From Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer then click on Menu option from the upper right corner.
- Select the manage Add-ons option from the drop-down list to see the installed extension.
- Find all virus related or malicious extensions and click on Disable button to remove them.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
Once you remove News-gazifo.cc from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by the virus. Follow the below steps for that :
Google Chrome Web Browser Reset
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the Settings option.
- Scroll down to the bottom, and hit the Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Mozilla Firefox Browser Reset
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option and select the (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
MS Edge Browser Reset
- Open the MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option, and select settings.
- Click on Choose what to clear Option, choose the first three options then click on the Clear button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open your Safari browser, tap on the Safari menu, and select the Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- Open your Internet Explorer then click on Menu icon and hit Internet options.
- Visit the Advanced tab then click the Reset button.
- Check the Delete personal settings option, and hit the Reset button.
How to Enable Browser Protection
Follow the below steps to enable built-in dangerous site protection in your web browsers to block threats like News-gazifo.cc. You can follow the same steps if you want to stop the malware protection on your browser.
Google Chrome – Dangerous Sites Protection
- Open your Chrome web browser, type
chrome://settingsin the URL bar, and press Enter.
- Got to bottom of the page and select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Look for the Privacy and security section then click on Sync and Google services.
- Now turn on the Safe Browsing (Protect you and your device from dangerous sites) option.
Safari Browser – Change Security preferences in Safari
- Open your Safari web browser, then tap on the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- Now you have to open the Security options on your Safari browser.
- Check Warn When Visiting a Fraudulent website box from the Fraudulent Sites section.
Mozilla Firefox – Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
- Open your Firefox web browser, click on Menu (☰) and select Options from the list.
- Now click on the Security option and then select the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Edge Browser – Activate SmartScreen Filter
- Open your MS Edge web browser, and click on More (⋮) icon from the upper right corner.
- Click on the Settings option from the Edge menu drop-down list.
- Scroll down and find the View Advanced Settings option then open it.
- Turn ON the “help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Internet Explorer – Activate Microsoft SmartScreen Filter
- Open your IE web browser, then click on Menu icon and hit Safety options.
- Now click on the SmartScreen Filter option from the drop-down list.
- Turn on SmartScreen Filter and restart your browser.
If you made these settings on your browser then phishing and malware protection on your browser is now active. But it does not mean that your computer cannot get infected by threats. These settings may block some dangerous and suspicious sites but there are other ways through which hackers can target your PC. So you must download a powerful Anti-Malware application on your computer that provides real-time protection to ensure your system security.
Prevent News-gazifo.cc Virus in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows/Mac OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep a backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.