PDFConverterSearchNet is a notorious browser hijacker infection that can cause major damage to the compromised machine. If your PC is infected by this malware then removing it manually may take hours. A little mistake in the process could damage your computer entirely. You are advised to follow this guide carefully to delete this nasty virus safely.
What is PDFConverterSearchNet
PDFConverterSearchNet is an unsafe domain being promoted as a legitimate search provider by cyber crooks. It can be easily classified as a browser hijacker infection that manipulates users’ web browsing to generate illegal revenue. It is a Potentially harmful program that may have found its way inside your computer without your knowledge or permission. PDFConverterSearchNet may not look like malware at first but it can cause major problems on infected PC.
Once inside the targeted system, it firstly compromises the main web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, IE, Opera, and others. It is able to work with all the most commonly used web browsers. This fake search provider virus will change the default search engine, homepage, and cookie setting on infected browsers without your permission. Whenever you will open your browser to surf the Internet, PDFConverterSearchNet will appear as the default page or open a new tab on your browser. It claims to be a genuine program and promises to enhance users’ web surfing experience which is completely a lie.
PDFConverterSearchNet will show sponsored search results which clearly compromises the chances of you getting desired search results. You most often end up visiting sponsored websites with fake promotions and could get cheated into buying low-quality services or products. PDFConverterSearchNet virus will also show tons of third-party ads on your browser and websites that you visit. These ads will firstly slow down the websites and also affect the user experience. They can also forcibly redirect your browser to suspicious websites and ask you to allow push notifications.
Is PDFConverterSearchNet is harmful
PDFConverterSearchNet itself may not be harmful malware but it surely causes lots of problems. It will bombard your computer screen with lots of unwanted and annoying pop-up ads, banners, offers, surveys, deals, notifications, alerts and etc. Clicking on such advertisements may redirect your browser to harmful websites that host malicious scripts. Your computer can get infected by dangerous threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Spyware, and others.
Since PDFConverterSearchNet has the tendency to make unauthorized changes to computer and browser settings, security experts consider it as a phishing and harmful threat. It is hard to tell if any program is dangerous or not by first look but users soon find out its evil work. Well, its only motive is to take advantage of your online activities and wants to make an illegal profit through click baits. PDFConverterSearchNet help remote criminals to derive traffic for the malicious website that is normally used for phishing and malware spreading.
The primary objective of threats like PDFConverterSearchNet is to provide illegal traffic to sponsored sites using whatever method necessary like showing ads, redirecting searches, opening new tab ads, and installing new browser extensions for forced web redirection. Moreover, it promotes several malicious links on your browsing screen and is fully capable to ruin your entire browsing activities in just no time whatsoever. In simple words, PDFConverterSearchNet browser hijacker infection will make your system completely useless if not removed soon.
PDFConverterSearchNet: Threat Analysis
How your PC got infected
Threats like this use various deceptive tricks to get into your computer. Creators of such applications use the software bundling technique to spread their malicious programs. When you download any bundled freeware application on your system, then hidden threats like this can easily get installed on your PC without asking for permission. Download pirated software and content from Torrent websites and browsing porn sites could also bring PDFConverterSearchNet infection on your PC. Spam emails, sharing files on an unsafe network, and injecting infected USB drives on your system can also deliver malware on your computer.
Browser Hijackers can compromise your privacy
Browser hijacker virus is a type of malware that can get complete access to your browser without your consent. PDFConverterSearchNet can track your online activities, gather your browsing history, cookie details, save passwords, and much other sensitive information. It can collect all those details to show personalized ads on your computer system but it can sell your private information to hackers.
Your data can be used to target your PC, perform a scam on you or others and you could become a victim of identity theft or cyber fraud. With the invasion of this nasty browser hijacker infection, your system security and your privacy both are at risk. In order to get rid of such huge problems, you are advised to remove PDFConverterSearchNet instantly.
How To Remove PDFConverterSearchNet Virus
PDFConverterSearchNet is a harmful and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems in your PC, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. When this kind of malware invades your system, it may also bring other threats to the victimized system. It can do major damage to your computer in a very quick time. It may have already spread its copies at different locations on your system. Files related to this infection can have different names, so it will make it harder to detect.
We are going to discuss two possible ways to remove PDFConverterSearchNet infection 1. Automatic Removal, 2. Manual Removal method. It’s better to have a complete diagnosis on the infected PC so that all the potential infections can easily be found and removed at once. You must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to PDFConverterSearchNet infection. The Automatic Removal process is fast, precise, and error free whereas the Manual Removal process is time-consuming and a slight mistake can corrupt the entire operating system. We advised you to take the help of both methods to completely eliminate the virus from your PC.
Automatic PDFConverterSearchNet Removal Guide
As you already know that, PDFConverterSearchNet is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting on your system ever again.
So the best way to remove PDFConverterSearchNet effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against the latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you need to click on the below download button to get the software.
- Then double-click on the installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch Anti-Malware application and Start Scan Now of your PC.
- Software will scan your PC for all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on Next button to see results and delete PDFConverterSearchNet and other threats.
Manual PDFConverterSearchNet Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click OK button.
- Click on Boot tab then System configuration window will appear.
- Choose Safe Boot, check network box, Click Apply, and press OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click OK button.
- Find PDFConverterSearchNet related or any malicious process.
- Now right-click on it then click End process.
How To Uninstall PDFConverterSearchNet from Windows PC
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run Box and then click OK button.
- Now Programs and Features windows will appear on the screen.
- Find and remove all PDFConverterSearchNet related or malicious programs.
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type regedit in Run Box and then click OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type PDFConverterSearchNet and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Warning: Meddling with Windows Registry files might not be a good idea if you don’t have advanced knowledge about registry files. Deleting the wrong file can break down your entire system. Proceed at your own risk, or just skip this step. You can choose the Automatic Removal method and avoid all the problems.
Remove PDFConverterSearchNetOSIf you are a mac user, and your machine got infected by this nasty malware then you need to remove it as soon as possible. Although Mac systems are quite safe they still do get infected. So you can delete this infection using the below steps:
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open it.
- Find Enuebenet.biz related process, click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen, click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find Enuebenet.biz or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove Enuebenet.biz Related Files From MacWhen any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on Go button.
- Find and remove any Enuebenet.biz related or malicious file.
Attention: If you are not tech-savvy, then it could be quite difficult to remove Enuebenet.biz manually from your Mac. The best way is to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and see if it can detect all hidden threats and viruses on your computer. It’s really super easy and you should give it a try.
How SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware Works
- First, download the SpyHunter for Mac by clicking on the below button.
- Now go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter Anti-Malware For Mac.
- Launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- Software will start running a a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risk and so on.
- Finally you will see a list of malwares detected on your mac, now click on Next button to start the removal process.
Remove PDFConverterSearchNet From Browser
Most of the time, threats like this make several changes to the browser which helps it to track victims’ online activities. It is important to completely remove PDFConverterSearchNet from the browser or it may come back. Follow below steps to remove this infection from your browser.
Delete Malicious Extensions From Browser
Many spyware now has browser hijacking capabilities to show ads, offers, alerts, notifications, or stealing the personal information of the victim. Follow below steps to remove malicious extensions from your browser.
Remove PDFConverterSearchNet From Google Chrome
Note : Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow below steps.
- Open Google Chrome browser, click the Menu (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select More tools then click on Extensions option to find all installed Extensions on chrome.
- Choose PDFConverterSearchNet related extensions then click the trash can () icon to remove completely.
Remove PDFConverterSearchNet From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in URL bar Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow below steps.
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons option from the drop-down menu of the list.
- Choose the Extensions option to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Choose PDFConverterSearchNet related extensions then click on Remove button.
Remove PDFConverterSearchNet From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Extensions option from the drop-down menu to see extensions on your browser.
- Choose PDFConverterSearchNet related extensions then click on Uninstall button to remove it.
Remove PDFConverterSearchNet From Apple Safari
- Open Safari browser then tap on Preferences option from Safari menu.
- Open the Extensions tab, find PDFConverterSearchNet related extensions then click Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Remove PDFConverterSearchNet From Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer then click on Menu () from the upper right corner.
- Select manage Add-ons option from drop-down list to see installed extension.
- Find PDFConverterSearchNet related extensions and click on Disable button to remove it.
Reset Browser Setting to DefaultOnce you remove PDFConverterSearchNet from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by the virus. Follow below steps for that :
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select settings option.
- On Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, click Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option, and select (?) icon.
- Click on Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Reset MS Edge Browser
- Open MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option, and select settings.
- Click on Choose what to clear Option, choose first three options then click on Clear button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open Safari browser, tap on Safari menu, and select Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on Reset button.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- Open Internet Explorer then click on Menu () icon and hit Internet options.
- Visit Advanced tab, click Reset button, check Delete personal settings option, and hit Reset button.
How to Enable Browser Protection
Follow the below steps to enable built-in dangerous site protection in your web browsers. You can follow the same steps if you want to stop the malware protection on your browser.
Google Chrome – Dangerous Sites Protection
- Open your Chrome web browser, type “chrome://settings” in the URL bar, and press Enter.
- Got to bottom of the page and select “Show advanced settings” option.
- Look for the Privacy and security section then click on Sync and Google services.
- Now turn on the Safe Browsing (Protect you and your device from dangerous sites) option.
Safari Browser – Change Security preferences in Safari
- Open your Safari web browser, then tap on the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- Now you have to open the Security options on your Safari browser.
- Check Warn When Visiting a Fraudulent website box from the Fraudulent Sites section.
Mozilla Firefox – Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
- Open your Firefox web browser, click on Menu (☰) and select Options from the list.
- Now click on the Security option and then select the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Edge Browser – Activate SmartScreen Filter
- Open your MS Edge web browser, click on More (⋮) icon from the upper right corner.
- Click on the Settings option from the Edge menu drop-down list.
- Scroll down and find View Advanced Settings option then open it.
- Turn ON the “help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Internet Explorer – Activate Microsoft SmartScreen Filter
- Open your IE web browser, then click on Menu () icon and hit Safety options.
- Now click on the SmartScreen Filter option from the drop-down list.
- Turn on SmartScreen Filter and restart your browser.
If you made these settings on your browser then phishing and malware protection on your browser is now active. But it does not mean that your computer cannot get infected by threats. These settings may block some dangerous and suspicious sites but there are other ways through which hackers can target your PC. So you must download a powerful Anti-Malware application on your computer that provides real-time protection to ensure your system security.
Tips To Prevent PDFConverterSearchNet Virus in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.