SearcheeBoo! is an unwanted browser extension that promises to enhance users’ web browsing experience. It is aimed to promote fake search engines searcheeboo.com or home.searcheeboo.com. It acts as a browser hijacker and changes the default homepage and other settings of the affected browser.
This extension is advertised as a legitimate program that can help boost the Web page load speed. Instead, it shows tons of unwanted ads and sponsored results causing frequent redirects to questionable websites. Read this guide to know how to remove SearcheeBoo! from your PC.
What is SearcheeBoo!
SearcheeBoo! is a computer infection deemed as a browser hijacker. It gets spread through questionable methods and serves misleading advertisements. This dubious threat pretends to be a genuine search engine and claims to enhance your browsing experience. It is aimed to make an illegal profit by redirecting web traffic to suspicious websites.
SearcheeBoo! is a Potentially Unwanted Program that can do more damage to your PC than good. It offers several pop-up ads that try to trick users into visiting dubious sites or installing fake software updates and harmful programs. It can easily sneak into your Windows computer without permission and hijack your browser. SearcheeBoo! can infect Google Chrome, MS Edge, Safari, Firefox, IE, Opera, and others.
When you will open your browser, you will find SearcheeBoo! instead of your regular homepage. It will not allow you to undo the changes that it has made. It will show fake search results and unwanted ads on your computer to promote phishing websites. Your computer will get bombarded with third-party ads, fake pop-ups, banners, offers, and many other advertisements.
How it infects your PC?
Threats like this use various questionable distribution methods. Most users don’t even know how SearcheeBoo! got on their system. It mostly gets spread via bundled freeware programs that users normally download from the Internet. Such programs do not show any notification of any additional hidden software. It could also spread via misleading ads pushed by dubious websites. You can see those ads when your browser gets forcibly redirected (due to any adware or browser hijacker infection).
SearcheeBoo! can also get distributed through spam email campaigns, suspicious links, phishing websites, porn sites, torrent files, and fake software updates. You must be careful and never open any email attachments without scanning them. Do not click on any suspicious links suggested in your emails. Never download any cracked or pirated software on your PC. Avoid clicking on any misleading ads, banners, or offers that might pop up while you are browsing the Internet.
Working of SearcheeBoo!
Once installed on your machine, it will make several changes to your browser and system settings. You will find your browser is being filled with several unwanted advertisements leading to suspicious sites. Those ads could try to convince you to install unwanted or potentially harmful programs. SearcheeBoo! can redirect your browser to malicious websites running online scams or distributing other threats.
This nasty threat can disable your anti-virus security to avoid its detection and removal. It will take full control of Internet settings and block access to legitimate websites. It can create malicious registry entries that help it to get automatically started on your machine. SearcheeBoo! can collect personal info like credit card numbers, login IDs, passwords, social media details, etc. by tracking your online activities.
SearcheeBoo!: Threat Analysis
Is SearcheeBoo! harmful?
It is a browser-based infection looking to make an easy profit by showing ads and redirecting searches. It might not look as harmful as any ransomware or trojan virus but it can do some significant damage. SearcheeBoo! mainly promotes dubious websites that distribute other threats. It can bring more threats and viruses to your system without your knowledge.
When dealing with PUPs like this, you must clean them properly or they can always come back. It will use its registry keys to get back on your system again and again. This threat can also expose your privacy by selling your personal information to cybercriminals. You can become a victim of online fraud or identity theft. It can also provide cyber criminals remote access to your PC by opening a backdoor. You are advised to follow this guide to completely remove SearcheeBoo! from your computer.
How To Remove SearcheeBoo! Virus
SearcheeBoo! is a dangerous malware that can cause major damage to your computer. This nasty threat will bring several new problems on your PC. This is why it is quite imperative to delete this threat permanently before it completely damages your entire computer system. Once it manages to infiltrate your system, it will make your system vulnerable. This nasty malware is capable of bringing other harmful viruses on your system without your consent. It can completely obliterate your system performance in no time. This virus also has tendency to hide its malicious copies at various locations on your PC under different names. It is not an easy job to find and remove those virus related files manually.
In this guide, you will find instructions for two very different techniques to get rid of SearcheeBoo! infection . The first one is the Automatic Removal which is quite fast, effective and accurate. The second method is Manual Removal which usually takes lots of time, needs technical expertise, and often fails to give desired results. However, it is advised to take help of both techniques to ensure complete removal of the malware from your system. In case you are not handy with system operations and techincal stuff, just opt for the automatic malware removal process to eliminate SearcheeBoo! infection.
Automatic SearcheeBoo! Removal Guide
As you already know, SearcheeBoo! is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting into your system ever again.
So the best way to remove SearcheeBoo! effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against the latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you need to click on the below download button to get the software.
Sometimes threats like SearcheeBoo! keep getting back on the machine if all associated files are not removed. So you are advised to use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to run a thorough scan of your PC and delete all threats at once.
Compatible with: Windows 11/10/8/7 (32 Bit and 64 Bit)
- Then double-click on the installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch the Anti-Malware application and click on the Start Scan Now button.
- The software will scan your PC for all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on the Next button to see results and delete SearcheeBoo! and other threats.
Manual SearcheeBoo! Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click the OK button.
- Click on the Boot tab to open the System configuration window.
- Choose Safe Boot, check the network box, Click Apply, and press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Find SearcheeBoo! related or any malicious process.
- Now right-click on it then click End process.
How To Uninstall SearcheeBoo! from Windows PC
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and then click the OK button.
- Now Programs and Features windows will appear on the screen.
- Find and remove all SearcheeBoo! related or malicious programs.
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type regedit in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type SearcheeBoo! and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Warning: Meddling with Windows Registry files might not be a good idea if you don’t have advanced knowledge about registry files. Deleting the wrong file can break down your entire system. Proceed at your own risk, or just skip this step. You can choose the Automatic Removal method and avoid all the problems.
Remove SearcheeBoo! from MacIf you are a mac user, and your machine got infected by this nasty malware then you need to remove it as soon as possible. Although Mac systems are quite safe they still do get infected. So you can delete this infection using the below steps:
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open it.
- Find SearcheeBoo! related process, click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end the task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen, click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find SearcheeBoo! or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove SearcheeBoo! Related Files From MacWhen any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see the Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on the Go button.
- Find and remove any SearcheeBoo! related or malicious file.
Attention: If you are not tech-savvy, then it could be quite difficult to remove SearcheeBoo! manually from your Mac. The best way is to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and see if it can detect all hidden threats and viruses on your computer. It’s really super easy and you should give it a try.
How SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware Works
- First, download the SpyHunter for Mac by clicking on the below button.
Sometimes threats like SearcheeBoo! keep getting back on the machine if all associated files are not removed. So you are advised to use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to run a thorough scan of your Mac and delete all threats at once.
- Now go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter Anti-Malware For Mac.
- Launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- The software will start running a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risks, and so on.
- Finally, you will see a list of malware detected on your mac, now click on the Next button to start the removal process.
Remove SearcheeBoo! From Browser
Most of the time, threats like this make several changes to the browser which helps it to track victims’ online activities. It is important to completely remove SearcheeBoo! from the browser or it may come back. Follow the below steps to remove this infection from your browser.
Delete Malicious Extensions From Browser
Many spyware now has browser hijacking capabilities to show ads, offers, alerts, notifications, or steal the personal information of the victim. Follow the below steps to remove malicious extensions from your browser.
Remove SearcheeBoo! From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open your Google Chrome browser, and click the Menu (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select More tools then click on the Extensions option to find all installed Extensions on chrome.
- Choose SearcheeBoo! related extensions then click the trash can icon to remove them completely.
Remove SearcheeBoo! From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in URL bar Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser, and click on Menu (☰) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons option from the drop-down menu of the list.
- Choose the Extensions option to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Choose SearcheeBoo! related extensions then click on the Remove button.
Remove SearcheeBoo! From Microsoft Edge
- Open your MS Edge browser, and click on More Tools (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select the Extensions option from the drop-down menu to see extensions on your browser.
- Choose SearcheeBoo! related extension then click on Uninstall button to remove it.
Remove SearcheeBoo! From Apple Safari
- Open your Safari browser then tap on the Preferences option from the Safari menu.
- Open the Extensions tab, find SearcheeBoo! related extensions then click Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Remove SearcheeBoo! From Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer then click on Menu option from the upper right corner.
- Select the manage Add-ons option from the drop-down list to see the installed extension.
- Find SearcheeBoo! related extensions and click on Disable button to remove them.
Reset Browser Setting to DefaultOnce you remove SearcheeBoo! from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by the virus. Follow the below steps for that :
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the Settings option.
- Scroll down to the bottom, and hit the Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option and select the (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Reset MS Edge Browser
- Open the MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option, and select settings.
- Click on Choose what to clear Option, choose the first three options then click on the Clear button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open your Safari browser, tap on the Safari menu, and select the Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- Open your Internet Explorer then click on Menu icon and hit Internet options.
- Visit the Advanced tab then click the Reset button.
- Check the Delete personal settings option, and hit the Reset button.
How to Enable Browser Protection
Follow the below steps to enable built-in dangerous site protection in your web browsers. You can follow the same steps if you want to stop the malware protection on your browser.
Google Chrome – Dangerous Sites Protection
- Open your Chrome web browser, type
chrome://settingsin the URL bar, and press Enter.
- Got to bottom of the page and select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Look for the Privacy and security section then click on Sync and Google services.
- Now turn on the Safe Browsing (Protect you and your device from dangerous sites) option.
Safari Browser – Change Security preferences in Safari
- Open your Safari web browser, then tap on the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- Now you have to open the Security options on your Safari browser.
- Check Warn When Visiting a Fraudulent website box from the Fraudulent Sites section.
Mozilla Firefox – Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
- Open your Firefox web browser, click on Menu (☰) and select Options from the list.
- Now click on the Security option and then select the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Edge Browser – Activate SmartScreen Filter
- Open your MS Edge web browser, and click on More (⋮) icon from the upper right corner.
- Click on the Settings option from the Edge menu drop-down list.
- Scroll down and find the View Advanced Settings option then open it.
- Turn ON the “help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Internet Explorer – Activate Microsoft SmartScreen Filter
- Open your IE web browser, then click on Menu icon and hit Safety options.
- Now click on the SmartScreen Filter option from the drop-down list.
- Turn on SmartScreen Filter and restart your browser.
If you made these settings on your browser then phishing and malware protection on your browser is now active. But it does not mean that your computer cannot get infected by threats. These settings may block some dangerous and suspicious sites but there are other ways through which hackers can target your PC. So you must download a powerful Anti-Malware application on your computer that provides real-time protection to ensure your system security.
Tips To Prevent SearcheeBoo! Virus in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep a backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.