Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz is a deceptive website that shows fake pop-ups, ads, notifications, alerts, etc. on infected PC. It asks users for permission to show notifications but mainly promotes shady websites. This dubious threat can risk your privacy and system security. It can also bring other threats and viruses to your computer. Read this guide to know how to delete this virus from your computer safely.
Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz is a suspicious domain that causes unwanted browser redirection. It is a potentially harmful threat that falls into the redirect virus category. It is the malicious creation of hackers for making an illegal profit. This nasty piece of work is able to infect any Windows computer and mostly used web browser.
It can contaminate Google Chrome, MS Edge, Safari, IE, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and others. After getting dropped on your machine, it will hide deep and perform various harmful activities. It will modify your browser and Internet settings. It can automatically redirect your web searches to phishing websites.
This dubious threat will bombard your computer screen with unwanted ads, pop-ups, interstitial ads, new page ads, fake offers, survey pop-ups, and many more. Those annoying advertisements will completely destroy your browsing experience and use a huge amount of bandwidth.
How did your PC get infected?
Threats like Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz virus could spread in various ways. It mostly sneaks into your computer via bundled freeware installers, cracked software, illegal patches, or fake updates. When you download any free program from a shady website, then chances are you have downloaded a contaminated file. Cybercriminals often attach their malicious programs to such files. What is more interesting, people willingly disable their anti-virus to install pirated applications.
Attackers use annoyingly tricky methods to drop threats like Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz virus. Spam email campaigns are one of the most used methods. If you get an email from any unknown sender then do not open attachments without scanning. You should also not click on any links from those spam emails.
Similar threats could also get spread through peer-to-peer file sharing, torrent, and porn sites. Also do not click on any fake pop-up ads, notifications, alerts, etc. that show on your browser while browsing the Internet. Use good anti-virus protection and scan your computer regularly for threats. Check some important safety instructions at the end of this article to prevent further malware attacks.
Harmful Effects of Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz
This dubious threat will silently enter your computer without your permission or knowledge. Upon successful intrusion, it will hijack your main web browser and modify Internet settings. It will start showing several types of unwanted pop-up ads and fake alerts. Your browser will also often get redirected to questionable sites. This Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz virus can create new registry files on your system for its automatic start-up.
It will slow down your computer and disable your anti-virus and firewall security. This notorious infection can also download more threats and viruses to your PC. It will steal your personal and financial information by tracking your online activities and send those to hackers. This virus can also create a backdoor on your system to provide safe passage for other threats.
How to Remove Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz Virus
Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz is a dangerous malware that can cause major damage to your computer. This nasty threat will bring several new problems to your PC. This is why it is quite imperative to delete this threat permanently before it completely damages your entire computer system. Once it manages to infiltrate your system, it will make your system vulnerable. This nasty malware is capable of bringing other harmful viruses to your system without your consent. It can completely obliterate your system performance in no time. This virus also has a tendency to hide its malicious copies at various locations on your PC under different names. It is not an easy job to find and remove those virus related files manually.
In this guide, you will find instructions for two very different techniques to get rid of Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz infection. The first one is the Automatic Removal which is quite fast, effective and accurate. The second method is Manual Removal which usually takes lots of time, needs technical expertise, and often fails to give desired results. However, it is advised to take the help of both techniques to ensure the complete removal of the malware from your system. In case you are not handy with system operations and technical stuff, just opt for the automatic malware removal process to eliminate Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz infection.
Automatic Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz Removal Guide
As you already know, Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting into your system ever again.
So the best way to remove Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against the latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you need to click on the below download button to get the software.
- Then double-click on the installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch the Anti-Malware application and click on the Start Scan Now button.
- The software will scan your PC for all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on the Next button to see results and delete Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz and other threats.
Manual Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click the OK button.
- Click on the Boot tab to open the System configuration window.
- Choose Safe Boot, check the network box, Click Apply, and press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Find Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz related or any malicious process.
- Now right-click on it then click End process.
Uninstall Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz from Control Panel
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and then click the OK button.
- Now Programs and Features windows will appear on the screen.
- Find and remove all Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz related or malicious programs.
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type regedit in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Remove Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz From Browser
Most of the time, threats like this make several changes to the browser which helps it to track victims’ online activities. They use browser hijacking capabilities to show ads, offers, alerts, and notifications or steal the personal information of the victim. It is important to completely remove the virus from the browser or it may come back. Follow the below steps to remove this infection from your browser.
Remove Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open your Google Chrome browser, and click the Menu (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select More tools then click on the Extensions option to find all installed Extensions on chrome.
- Choose virus related extensions then click the trash can icon to remove them completely.
Eliminate Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in URL bar Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser, and click on Menu (☰) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons option from the drop-down menu of the list.
- Choose the Extensions option to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Choose virus related extensions then click on the Remove button.
Remove Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz From Microsoft Edge
- Open your MS Edge browser, and click on More Tools (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select the Extensions option from the drop-down menu to see extensions on your browser.
- Choose virus related extension then click on Uninstall button to remove it.
Remove Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz From Apple Safari
- Open your Safari browser then tap on the Preferences option from the Safari menu.
- Open the Extensions tab, find virus related extensions then click Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Delete Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz From Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer then click on Menu option from the upper right corner.
- Select the manage Add-ons option from the drop-down list to see the installed extension.
- Find all virus related or malicious extensions and click on Disable button to remove them.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
Once you remove Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by the virus. Follow the below steps for that :
Google Chrome Web Browser Reset
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the Settings option.
- Scroll down to the bottom, and hit the Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Mozilla Firefox Browser Reset
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option and select the (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
MS Edge Browser Reset
- Open the MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option, and select settings.
- Click on Choose what to clear Option, choose the first three options then click on the Clear button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open your Safari browser, tap on the Safari menu, and select the Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- Open your Internet Explorer then click on Menu icon and hit Internet options.
- Visit the Advanced tab then click the Reset button.
- Check the Delete personal settings option, and hit the Reset button.
How to Enable Browser Protection
Follow the below steps to enable built-in dangerous site protection in your web browsers to block threats like Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz. You can follow the same steps if you want to stop the malware protection on your browser.
Google Chrome – Dangerous Sites Protection
- Open your Chrome web browser, type
chrome://settingsin the URL bar, and press Enter.
- Got to bottom of the page and select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Look for the Privacy and security section then click on Sync and Google services.
- Now turn on the Safe Browsing (Protect you and your device from dangerous sites) option.
Safari Browser – Change Security preferences in Safari
- Open your Safari web browser, then tap on the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- Now you have to open the Security options on your Safari browser.
- Check Warn When Visiting a Fraudulent website box from the Fraudulent Sites section.
Mozilla Firefox – Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
- Open your Firefox web browser, click on Menu (☰) and select Options from the list.
- Now click on the Security option and then select the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Edge Browser – Activate SmartScreen Filter
- Open your MS Edge web browser, and click on More (⋮) icon from the upper right corner.
- Click on the Settings option from the Edge menu drop-down list.
- Scroll down and find the View Advanced Settings option then open it.
- Turn ON the “help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Internet Explorer – Activate Microsoft SmartScreen Filter
- Open your IE web browser, then click on Menu icon and hit Safety options.
- Now click on the SmartScreen Filter option from the drop-down list.
- Turn on SmartScreen Filter and restart your browser.
If you made these settings on your browser then phishing and malware protection on your browser is now active. But it does not mean that your computer cannot get infected by threats. These settings may block some dangerous and suspicious sites but there are other ways through which hackers can target your PC. So you must download a powerful Anti-Malware application on your computer that provides real-time protection to ensure your system security.
Prevent Trcklinkwinkwink.xyz Virus in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows/Mac OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep a backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.