Windowsdetector.com pop-up ads might appear on your browser and cause unwanted or forced redirection. It is a sign of redirect virus infection which can lead to the download of various other threats and malware. If you are having this problem, this guide can help you easily remove this virus from your PC.
What is Windowsdetector.com
Windowsdetector.com is a dangerous virus infection categorized as redirect virus. This obnoxious threat is a perilous computer malware created and distributed by hackers. This nasty infection can easily attack your Windows-based computer and hijack your browser. It is able to assail all famous and mostly used browsers like Google Chrome, IE, MS Edge, Firefox, Opera, and others.
Once getting inside, it will make several unwanted and harmful changes to your system settings. Windowsdetector.com virus will modify your browser homepage and search settings. It will start showing lots of fake ads and redirect pop-ups on your computer screen. It is mainly aimed to boost the traffic of its partner websites to earn a commission for its creators. Windowsdetector.com virus will completely degrade your web browsing experience. It can corrupt your entire system in a very few time.
How your PC got infected
Windowsdetector.com virus mostly intrudes your PC through spam emails, bundled freeware, malicious sites, suspicious links, and network file sharing. Once infecting your PC, it will also disable your anti-virus and firewall security. It can inject its malign codes to the registry editor for its auto start-up. This brutal redirect virus can also modify Internet permissions and change DNS settings. Windowsdetector.com virus will bombard your desktop with lots of annoying advertisements. It will also prohibit you from visiting your favorite websites. It regularly redirects your browser to malicious web pages where you can get more viruses.
Working of Windowsdetector.com Virus
Threats like Windowsdetector.com virus may also use social engineering attacks like asking you to allow the notification to verify you are human or not. these kinds of scams are becoming more and more popular these days. Malicious domains like this open a new redirect on your browser asking you to verify that you are not a robot but in real it is tricking you to allow this infection to send pop-up ads and notifications on your system.
In this way, this nasty Windowsdetector.com virus will get access to your browser very easily and authority to modify your browser cookie settings. It will further make various unwanted changes to your system and browser which will be very hard to reverse manually. Those abrupt changes help this threat keep getting on the infected machine and users don’t get any idea how this infection always comes back after removal.
Windowsdetector.com: Threat Analysis
Redirect Virus is a privacy risk
Windowsdetector.com virus can get full access to your browser without your permission or approval. It can manipulate your web browsing and track all your online activities. This virus can also steal your personal information such as frequently visited sites, saved passwords, credit card details, IP address, Geo-location, and many more. Those details can be used to show targeted ads on your PC and can also be sold to other hackers.
Your privacy is completely compromised here and you might also become a victim of cyber fraud. It can create loopholes in your system and make your PC an easy target for other viruses. You are advised to remove Windowsdetector.com virus soon from your computer and reset all the changes made by this noxious virus on your system.
Harmful Effects of Windowsdetector.com Virus
- It silently alters your computer and hijacks your browser.
- Show lots of unwanted and annoying redirect pop-ups.
- This infection can bring lots of harmful threats and viruses.
- It can disable your security-related programs.
- Make your computer an easy target for other threats.
- It can steal your secret details and send them to hackers.
- This dubious threat can risk your system security and privacy.
How To Remove Windowsdetector.com Virus
Windowsdetector.com is a harmful and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems on your PC, so it is very important to delete this malware permanently. When this kind of malware invades your system, it may also bring other threats to the victimized system. It can do major damage to your computer in a very quick time. It may have already spread its copies at different locations on your system. Files related to this infection can have different names, so it will make it harder to detect.
We are going to discuss two possible ways to remove Windowsdetector.com infection 1. Automatic Removal, 2. Manual Removal method. It’s better to have a complete diagnosis on the infected PC so that all the potential infections can easily be found and removed at once. You must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Windowsdetector.com infection. The Automatic Removal process is fast, precise, and error-free whereas the Manual Removal process is time-consuming and a slight mistake can corrupt the entire operating system. We advised you to take the help of both methods to eliminate the virus from your PC.
Automatic Windowsdetector.com Removal Guide
As you already know that, Windowsdetector.com is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting on your system ever again.
So the best way to remove Windowsdetector.com effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against the latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you need to click on the below download button to get the software.
- Then double-click on the installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch the Anti-Malware application and Start Scan Now of your PC.
- The software will scan your PC for all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on the Next button to see results and delete Windowsdetector.com and other threats.
Manual Windowsdetector.com Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click OK button.
- Click on Boot tab then System configuration window will appear.
- Choose Safe Boot, check network box, Click Apply, and press OK button.
End Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click OK button.
- Find Windowsdetector.com related or any harmful program.
- Now right-click on it then click End process.
Uninstall Windowsdetector.com from Windows PC
- Right-click on Start or Windows button and select Apps and Features option.
- Find Windowsdetector.com or other harmful programs, click on three dots icon, and press Uninstall button.
- Click on the Start or Windows button and click on Settings option.
- Click on the Apps option from Windows 10 settings page.
- Find Windowsdetector.com or other harmful programs, then click on Uninstall option.
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run Box and then click OK button to open Programs and Features windows.
- Find and remove Windowsdetector.com or other harmful programs.
- Click on the Start or Windows button and select Control Panel option.
- Click on Uninstall A Program option under the Programs section.
- Find Windowsdetector.com or other harmful programs and click on uninstall option.
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type regedit in Run Box and then click OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type Windowsdetector.com and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Warning: Meddling with Windows Registry files might not be a good idea if you don’t have advanced knowledge about registry files. Deleting the wrong file can break down your entire system. Proceed at your own risk, or just skip this step. You can choose the Automatic Removal method and avoid all the problems.
Remove Windowsdetector.com From Mac
If you are a mac user, and your machine got infected by this nasty malware then you need to remove it as soon as possible. Although Mac systems are quite safe they still do get infected. So you can delete this infection using the below steps:
Stop Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open it.
- Find Windowsdetector.com related process, click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen, click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find Windowsdetector.com or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove Windowsdetector.com Related Files From MacWhen any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on Go button.
- Find and remove Windowsdetector.com related files.
Attention: If you are not tech-savvy, then it could be quite difficult to remove Windowsdetector.com manually from your Mac. The best way is to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and see if it can detect all hidden threats and viruses on your computer. It’s really super easy and you should give it a try.
How SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware Works
- First, download the SpyHunter for Mac by clicking on the below button.
- Now go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter Anti-Malware For Mac.
- Launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- Software will start running a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risks, and so on.
- Finally, you will see a list of malware detected on your mac, now click on Next button to start the removal process.
Remove Windowsdetector.com From Browser
Most of the time, threats like this make several changes to the browser which helps it to track victims’ online activities. It is important to completely remove Windowsdetector.com from the browser or it may come back. Follow the below steps to remove this infection from your browser.
Delete Malicious Extensions From Browser
Many spyware now has browser hijacking capabilities to show ads, offers, alerts, notifications, or stealing the personal information of the victim. Follow the below steps to remove harmful extensions from your browser.
Remove Windowsdetector.com From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open Google Chrome browser, click the Menu (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select More tools then click on Extensions option to find all installed Extensions on chrome.
- Choose Windowsdetector.com related extensions then click the trash can () icon to remove completely.
Remove Windowsdetector.com From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in URL bar Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons option from the drop-down menu of the list.
- Choose the Extensions option to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Choose Windowsdetector.com related extensions then click on Remove button.
Remove Windowsdetector.com From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Extensions option from the drop-down menu to see extensions on your browser.
- Choose Windowsdetector.com related extensions then click on Uninstall button to remove it.
Remove Windowsdetector.com From Internet Explorer
Remove Windowsdetector.com From Apple Safari
- Open Safari browser then tap on Preferences option from Safari menu.
- Open the Extensions tab, find Windowsdetector.com related extensions then click Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Reset Browser Setting to DefaultOnce you remove Windowsdetector.com from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by the virus. Follow the below steps for that :
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select settings option.
- On Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, click Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option, and select the (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Reset MS Edge Browser
- Open MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option, and select settings.
- Click on Choose what to clear Option, choose first three options then click on Clear button.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
Reset Safari To Default
- Open Safari browser, tap on Safari menu and select Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on Reset button.
How to Enable Browser Protection
Follow the below steps to enable built-in dangerous site protection in your web browsers. You can follow the same steps if you want to stop the malware protection on your browser.
Google Chrome – Dangerous Sites Protection
- Open your Chrome web browser, type “chrome://settings” in the URL bar, and press Enter.
- Got to bottom of the page and select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Look for the Privacy and security section then click on Sync and Google services.
- Now turn on the Safe Browsing (Protect you and your device from dangerous sites) option.
Mozilla Firefox – Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
- Open your Firefox web browser, click on Menu (☰) and select Options from the list.
- Now click on the Security option and then select the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Edge Browser – Activate SmartScreen Filter
- Open your MS Edge web browser, click on More (⋮) icon from the upper right corner.
- Click on the Settings option from the Edge menu drop-down list.
- Scroll down and find View Advanced Settings option then open it.
- Turn ON the “help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Internet Explorer – Activate Microsoft SmartScreen Filter
Safari Browser – Change Security preferences in Safari
- Open your Safari web browser, then tap on the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- Now you have to open the Security options on your Safari browser.
- Check Warn When Visiting a Fraudulent website box from the Fraudulent Sites section.
If you made these settings on your browser then phishing and malware protection on your browser is now active. But it does not mean that your computer cannot get infected by threats. These settings may block some dangerous and suspicious sites but there are other ways through which hackers can target your PC. So you must download a powerful Anti-Malware application on your computer that provides real-time protection to ensure your system security.
Tips To Prevent Windowsdetector.com Virus in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep a backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.