SystemConfig is a nasty Mac malware infection that claims to be a genuine application. However, the working of this infection gives away the deception quite easily. It shows unwanted & annoying ads on the infected Mac but those advertisements do not felicitate users. They are only meant to drive traffic to malicious websites through which makers of SystemConfig virus earn a commission. If you are also a victim of this nasty threat, then read this guide carefully and follow the below instructions to get rid of this infection.
What is SystemConfig
SystemConfig is a dubious threat for macOS created and distributed by hackers to cheat innocent users. It promises to enhance the search experience of users by showing relevant ads but its working is quite opposite to what it claims. This virus will bombard your system with lots of ads, pop-ups, banners, offers, etc. which are only meant to drive traffic to suspicious websites. Due to this nature of forced advertisement serving, SystemConfig is considered an adware infection.
It can infect any Mac system and hijack the main web browser very easily. SystemConfig virus pretends to be a genuine application and promises to help users by showing relevant ads while browsing the Internet. It is needless to say that those sites on which this virus redirects your browser are mostly useless and fraudulent. It is capable of hijacking all famous browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and many others. It will bombard your desktop with lots of ads and show sponsored search results.
How it infects your Mac?
SystemConfig virus uses several nasty and deceptive tricks to get installed on the targeted Mac. It can intrude your machine bundled with free third-party programs that you download from unreliable websites. This dubious threat can also come attached to your Mac with cracked software and programs. It may get on your machine through spam or junk email attachments. You can get this EssentialType virus while browsing malicious or porn websites. It can also get spread through peer-to-peer file sharing and drive-by downloads.
Working of SystemConfig virus
Once inside successfully, this perilous threat will make several unwanted changes to your computer and browser settings. SystemConfig virus will start showing lots of sponsored search results and bombard your browsing windows with lots of unwanted ads. It will keep redirecting your web searches to unknown and misleading websites. It will suggest you install malicious apps and can also bring harmful threats and viruses to your Mac without your knowledge. This deceptive threat is aimed to make an illegal profit by cheating innocent users.
It is only aimed to earn commission and it can also install malicious programs on your system for this. SystemConfig virus will also keep showing inline ads, pop-up redirects, banners, offers, deals, new tab ads, and many more. You will not be able to remove this infection because it has already disabled your anti-virus program. It can also steal your personal and financial details by tracking your browsing history. It can share your details with hackers and risk your privacy. You are advised to remove SystemConfig virus soon from your Mac.
SystemConfig: Threat Analysis
Harmful Effects of SystemConfig
Once inside, SystemConfig virus may create several copies, and initiate several different strings that help this nasty threat stay hidden on your machine longer. It is hard to remove this infection without removing all those associated files and shortcuts. It may create several new strings in library files and removing any wrong library file might cause permanent damage to your Mac. So it is quite tricky to remove this infection manually or it can easily come back.
SystemConfig virus can also install various malicious extensions on your browsers with different names due to which it is hard to identify their relationship with this infection. Apart from bringing more threats to Mac, this nasty threat could also expose your privacy and hackers might use your personal details for online fraud and other illegal activities. It is very important to get rid of SystemConfig virus if you don’t want to be a victim of cyber theft or fraud.
How To Remove SystemConfig
Automatic SystemConfig Removal Guide
As you already know, SystemConfig is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting into your system ever again.
So the best way to remove SystemConfig effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It is a pretty advanced and effective Mac optimization tool that also provides 24X7 customer support. SpyHunter for Mac is the best app to ensure your Mac’s safety and keep it fast like new always. If you value your Mac then it is the most important application for you. Try this software once and you will never have to worry about any malware attacks.
How SpyHunter for Mac Works
- First, you will have to click on the below download button to get SpyHunter Mac Anti-malware.
- After the download, go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter For Mac Anti-Malware.
- Once the application is installed launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- The software will start running a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risks, and so on.
- Finally, you will see a list of malware detected on your mac, now click on the Next button to start the removal process.
Manual SystemConfig Removal Guide
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open.
- Find SystemConfig related process, and click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end the task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen and click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find SystemConfig or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove Virus Related Files From Mac
When any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
Follow the below steps to remove virus related files from these locations:
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see the Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on the Go button.
- Find and remove any SystemConfig related or malicious file.
Now follow the same process for Application Support and LaunchDaemons folders. But be careful, don’t delete any important files or you can break down your entire system.
Attention: Don’t go meddling around and deleting files that you don’t know about. Removing any wrong file may damage your Mac. So you are advised to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and run a thorough scan of your system for threats and viruses.
Remove Infection From Your Browser
Threats like SystemConfig often install malicious extensions to the browser on the infected machine and make several unwanted changes to the browser settings. You might experience forced browser redirection, lots of annoying pop-up ads, and commercials on your browser due to this. You will need to remove the infection from your browser to put an end to such activities and block the regeneration of malware on your system.
Remove SystemConfig From Apple Safari
- Launch the Safari browser on your Mac then click on the Safari menu and select the Preferences option from the drop-down list.
- Now to see the list of all installed extensions on your browser click on the Extensions tab.
- Find the virus related extension and click Uninstall button then again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Remove SystemConfig From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press the ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Launch the Google Chrome browser on your Mac, then click the Menu (⋮) option that you can find in the upper right corner of your browser.
- Chrome drop-down menu will instantly appear, click on More tools then select the Extensions option to see all installed Extensions on your chrome.
- Find any virus related or suspicious extension then click the trash can icon to remove it completely.
Remove SystemConfig From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in the URL bar of Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser on your Mac and then click on the Menu (☰) option which you can find in the upper right corner of the browser.
- You will see a drop-down menu instantly, click on the Add-ons option from that menu.
- On the left sidebar, you will see the Extensions option, click on it to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Look for any suspicious or potentially unwanted extension then click on the Remove button to get rid of it immediately.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
Once you remove the malicious extensions from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by them. Follow the below steps for that :
Reset Safari To Default
- Open your Safari browser, tap on the Safari menu and select the Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the settings option.
- On the Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, and click the Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Refresh Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option, and select the (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Once you are done with these settings hopefully your problem is solved. If not, then you can also always download the Mac Anti-virus Program mentioned in this article to get rid of all the threats and viruses automatically. You can also take some precautions to avoid similar malware attacks in the future. Follow the below steps to improve the security of your Mac system.