Trg Ransomware is a dangerous file-encrypting malware. It is designed with the motive of extorting innocent victims. It encrypts files on the infected PC and renders them useless so that users cannot access their data. Although all the files remain on the infected machine but inaccessible.
Trg virus is a variant of the infamous Xorist ransomware family. It renames the encrypted files by appending the “.trg” extension to filenames. For example, a file “myphoto.jpg” will appear as “myphoto.jpg.trg” after encryption.
It also provides a ransom note “КАК РАСШИФРОВАТЬ ФАЙЛЫ.txt” on the infected system in the Russian language. That note is left on the infected PC to inform users about the encryption and instruct them on how to pay ransom to purchase a decryptor. This guide is aimed to help you remove this virus and restore your files.
What is Trg Ransomware?
Trg is another creepy and destructive computer malware. This nasty file locker virus has been well known for intruding on Windows computers and encrypting the user’s data. It can easily invade your PC without permission and lock down all your system files. This cunning virus will brutally mess with your system and give you a hard time.
This dubious Trg ransomware will also leave a ransom note on your desktop in every folder after encrypting your files. The ransom message instructs users to pay money to get the decryption key. Trg asks users that their files can only get unlocked by that private decryption key. It also threatens users to pay the fine within a fixed time otherwise files will get deleted permanently.
Trg File Virus is programmed to lure innocent users and cheat their money. This notorious virus can also disable your anti-virus program to avoid its removal. It has only motive to create unwanted profit by forcing users to pay ransom for their own files.
File Encryption Process And Ransom Demand
Trg virus uses a very powerful encryption algorithm to encrypt files on the infected machine. When this notorious threat gets into your system then it will scan your hard drive for files. Then after it will start the encryption process in which it adds its own extension after the file names to make them inaccessible.
This nasty Trg malware will also leave a ransom note on your computer after the encryption is done. That note contains all the information about the encryption of your data, decryption method, ransom demand, and contact details of attackers. Users are instructed to pay ransom money through Bitcoin which cannot be tracked. Trg also gives some time to pay the money or threatens to delete the files permanently.
Trg Ransomware: Threat Analysis
How Trg Infect Your PC
Cyber crooks mainly use spam emails to spread threats like Trg file virus. When users receive emails with malicious attachments and open such emails then the virus can get executed automatically. Cybercriminals normally use the name of famous personalities, big companies, or service providers to send fake emails.
Software bundling is also a very crucial method to spread this kind of infection. Apart from this, Trg could also attack the targeted system when users browse porn or torrent sites, download pirated software or games, and share files on an unsafe network. You are advised to immediately stop all these activities to protect your system from threats and viruses in the future.
Some Ransomware Examples
These days ransomware attacks have become much more common. Most attackers now release multiple variants of their malware with different extensions to target more users. Bulwark, HARDBIT, Pohj, Powz, and Dkey are some of the recent strains found online.
These threats often use their names as extensions and act as new ransomware viruses. However, they belong to their particular group and attack their previous victims to ransom more money. Once you pay, attackers will certainly attack your system again in the future with some other variant to squeeze more money out of you.
Do Not Pay Ransom Money
Paying ransom money to Trg will not bring your files back. It is not a good idea to trust the criminals who encrypted all your files and forced you to pay money to unlock your data. Most ransomware victims learn this lesson the hard way. Attackers often cut all communication after getting money from victims.
So you should not pay ransom money to criminals or you might lose both, your files and the money. Go through this guide to easily remove Trg virus from your computer. Then you can also recover yours through backup or by using data recovery software. But for any of these methods to work, it is important to get rid of this file-encrypting malware or it will keep locking your files.
How To Remove Trg File Virus
Automatic Trg Virus Removal Guide
It can be hectic to remove threats from an infected PC but the use of powerful Anti-Malware can make it quite easy. SpyHunter anti-malware can help you to remove Trojan, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily. You can scan your system for Trg virus and all other hidden threats at once. All you need to do is to download this software and run a new scan on your PC.
It will find all the threats and viruses in no time and save you lots of time and effort. This amazing software also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware definition updates make it most effective against the latest attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- You will begin by downloading the software on your system for which you have to click on the below download button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the Anti-Malware program on your PC and proceed with the setup.
- After installation, you will need to launch the Anti-Malware application. From the welcome screen click on the Start Scan Now button to initiate a new scan of your PC.
- Once the scanning process begins, it will take some time to run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and find all hidden threats and malware.
- Soon you will find a complete list of all the threats on your system screen. Then you will need to click on the Next button to delete all the viruses.
How To Decrypt .Trg Files
As there is no Trg ransomware decryptor available, you will need to use alternate options to restore your files. The first one is to use the backup. If you have created a backup of your important files then it is going to be quite easy. However, if you don’t have any backup files or they also got encrypted by the virus then you will have to try a data recovery software.
We recommend using Stellar Data Recovery software because it is a powerful and trusted data recovery software. Paying ransom money is not ideal because it will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks. You can wait for any free decryptor to be launched but it can take forever. Download the free trial version of data recovery and scan your PC for files. It may be able to recover some of your files and save you lots of money.
- Click on the below download button to get started instantly with the data recovery process on your PC.
- After the download click on the installer file and complete the software installation. Then launch the application and select the Data type to recover, and click the Next button.
- After the selection of data, you will need to select the location from where you want to recover data. Choose the location and then click on the Scan button.
- The software will take some time to scan your system. You will see a list of all the files that can be recovered. You can preview them or click on the Recover button to save them.
Manual Trg Virus Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Click on the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Windows Run Box.
- Now you will need to type in MSConfig and then click the OK button.
- The System configuration settings box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Boot tab, check the Safe Boot option, and select the network box,
- Finally, you will have to click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Open the Windows Rub box again on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- This time you will have to type in taskmgr and then click the OK button to open Windows Task Manager. Look for any unknown or malicious running on your system.
- Select the process which is taking lots of systems resources and then click on the End Task button.
Uninstall Trg Virus from Control Panel
- Again you will need to open the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- This time you need to open the Windows Control Panel, so type in appwiz.cpl and then click the OK button.
- Programs and Features windows will appear on your computer screen with a list of all the installed applications.
- Now you need to look for any unknown or virus related program and then Uninstall it from your PC.
Remove Trg Virus From Registry Editor
- Again open the Windows Run Box on your PC by using the Windows and R keys.
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, type in Regedit and click the OK button.
- Now you will have to find the virus related registry files and remove them.
- Press CTRL and F keys together on the keyboard to start a Find query.
- Type the virus name and click on Find Next button to find malicious entries and delete them.
Remove Malicious IP addresses from Windows Hosts Files
- To open the Windows hosts file, simply press the Windows and R keys together on the keyboard.
- Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Now you will need to access the Windows hosts file using Notepad.
- Most threats add malicious IP addresses here to automatically connect to remote servers.
- Delete all the malicious IP addresses below the localhost and save the file.
Delete Virus related files from your PC
When malware infects your system, it normally creates several malicious files and spread them at different locations. After you remove the malware, these leftover files help them to get back to your computer. Remove all virus related files at once by following the below instruction :
- Open the Windows Run Box again by using the Windows and R keys together.
- Now you will open the below paths one by one using the Run Box and remove malicious files.
For the first four options, look for any recent folder related to the Trg File Virus and remove them. For the Temp folder, you can delete all the files at once. Use Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys together for permanent removal.
Remove Trg Virus via system restore
- You will again need the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- Open the Command Prompt by typing in cmd and then clicking the OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- The System Restore window will get opened instantly then click on the Next button.
- Choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click the Next button.
- Finally, when you will hit the Yes button, the system restoration process with start immediately.
Note: System restore to remove a virus will only work if you have a restore point set on your PC. Otherwise, no changes will be made to your system and it will not remove any threats. Be advised, restoring the computer to a previous version does not always guarantee virus removal. Most viruses delete restore points, so don’t get disappointed if this trick does not work for you.