VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod virus detected on your computer? Are you not able to completely get rid of this infection? Is this virus keep getting back on your computer every time you remove it? This guide can help you delete this Trojan virus from your PC once and for all.
What is VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod
Recently, a Trojan virus called VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod gets lots of attention from security experts. Well, this notorious malware infection is spreading really fast and the reason for that is its distribution methods. Actually, cybercriminals are using aggressive and deceptive tricks to target innocent users to make illegal profits. VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod infection is designed to attack all versions of Windows computers, sneak silently, and cause severe damage to the targeted machine.
VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod virus is designed to intrude the targeted system without being detected by the security software and hide deep into the system from where it may easily control the entire system. It takes over the compromised system by surprise and contributes to severe damage in a quick time. It is such a vicious threat which can get inside your PC without your permission. What’s more, it executes a series of malicious tasks in your system background. Hence, users should remove VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod Trojan virus at the earliest from their PC.
How harmful is it for your PC
VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod is a hazardous malware infection that can brutally damage your entire system. It will cause unwanted problems on your system like freezing computer, black screen of death, unwanted pop-ups, browser redirection, unresponsive applications, and many more. This dubious threat will exhaust most of your CPU resources by starting several malicious and useless process in the background that uses lots of system power which slow down the entire computer system.
VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod virus infection makes several unwanted changes to your system and browser settings that directly affect the speed and performance of your machine. It will hide deep into your PC and keep changing its location and name to disguise its presence and stay undetected into your system for a long time. You won’t even suspect the presence of this malware until its gathers full access to your system and spread its copies all over your system with different names.
How your PC got infected
VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod is a dangerous computer malware that can use several tricks to intrude on your system. This perilous threat is created and distributed by vicious hackers with the motive of making an illegal profit by cheating innocent victims. This is quite sure that no person is going to download this kind of malware on their PC. Threats like VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod sneak into targeted machine bundled with free third party programs and freeware that you users download from suspicious sites.
Spam emails containing malicious attachments are one of the oldest and quite effective ways to spread malware online. Do not open any email from an unknown sender and never open attachments without scanning. VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod virus could also get downloaded on your system hidden inside pirated software that users download from Torrent or similar shady sources. Browsing to malicious sites, porn sites, clicking on spam ads, and sharing files on the unsafe network could also result in this malware sneaking on the targeted system.
VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod: Threat Analysis
Why you need to remove it
VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod Trojan virus will control your entire system. As soon as it gets inside your computer it modifies all your important system settings including boot drive, infects registry entries, DNS settings, turn of firewall, and so on. This vicious Trojan virus will also cause severe corruption in your .exe files, system files, and so on. Moreover, this particular Trojan horse virus will also bring several hidden malicious files to your computer without your permission. The worst thing about this vicious Trojan virus can even steal your sensitive information for hackers.
VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod virus can also provide remote access of your computer to cybercriminals without your knowledge which can result in the leak of sensitive information, identity theft, bank fraud, and various other problems. Removing this infection manually needs lots of knowledge and patience. The manual removal process is not always effective because threats like this can get back to your system using its leftover files, registry keys, shortcuts, and various other strings. You will need to remove all the associated files to completely remove this infection from your system for good. Therefore, it is recommended to follow the below instructions to remove VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod Trojan virus from your PC safely and permanently.
Automatic VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod Removal Guide
As you already know that, VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting on your system ever again.
So the best way to remove VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod effectively is to uses a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and saves your time and effort. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against the latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you need to click on the below download button to get the software.
Sometimes threats like VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod keep getting back on the machine if all associated files are not removed. So you are advised to use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to run a thorough scan of your PC and delete all threats at once. SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware offers a 7-day fully-functional Free Trial. Credit card required, NO charge upfront. No charge if you cancel up to two business days before the trial period ends. Read SpyHunter 5 Review, and Free SpyHunter Remover details.
- Then double-click on the installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch Anti-Malware application and Start Scan Now of your PC.
- Software will scan your PC for all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on Next button to see results and delete VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod and other threats.
Manual VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click OK button.
- Click on Boot tab then System configuration window will appear.
- Choose Safe Boot, check network box, Click Apply, and press OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click OK button.
- Find VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod related or any malicious process.
- Now right-click on it then click End process.
How To Uninstall VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod from Windows PC
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run Box and then click OK button.
- Now Programs and Features windows will appear on the screen.
- Find and remove all VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod related or malicious programs.
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Warning: Meddling with Windows Registry files might not be a good idea if you don’t have advanced knowledge about registry files. Deleting the wrong file can break down your entire system. Proceed at your own risk, or just skip this step. You can choose the Automatic Removal method and avoid all the problems.
Remove VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod From MacOS
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open it.
- Find VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod related process, click cross button from upper left side corner to end task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen, click on Force Quit button.
Remove VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod From Application Folder
- First, go to Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Attention: If you are using a Mac computer, then it could be quite difficult to remove VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod from your mac. The best way is to download ComboCleaner Mac Anti-Malware and see if it can detect all hidden threats and viruses on your computer. It’s really super easy and you should give it a try.ComboCleaner Mac Antivirus allows you to scan your Mac for threats and viruses for free, but you will need to purchase a full license to remove found threats. Read EULA.
Remove VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod From Browser
Most of the time, threats like this make several changes to the browser which helps it to track victims’ online activities. It is important to completely remove VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod from the browser or it may come back. Follow below steps to remove this infection from your browser.
Delete Malicious Extensions From Browser
Many spyware now has browser hijacking capabilities to show ads, offers, alerts, notifications, or stealing the personal information of the victim. Follow below steps to remove malicious extensions from your browser.
Remove VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod From Google Chrome
Note : Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow below steps.
- Open Google Chrome browser, click the Menu (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select More tools then click on Extensions option to find all installed Extensions on chrome.
- Choose VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod related extensions then click the trash can icon to remove completely.
Remove VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in URL bar Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow below steps.
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons option from the drop-down menu of the list.
- Choose the Extensions option to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Choose VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod related extensions then click on Remove button.
Remove VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Extensions option from the drop-down menu to see extensions on your browser.
- Choose VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod related extensions then click on Uninstall button to remove it.
Remove VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod From Apple Safari
- Open Safari browser then tap on Preferences option from Safari menu.
- Open the Extensions tab, find VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod related extensions then click Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Remove VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod From Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer then click on Menu option from the upper right corner.
- Select manage Add-ons option from drop-down list to see installed extension.
- Find VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod related extensions and click on Disable button to remove it.
Reset Browser Setting to DefaultOnce you remove VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by the virus. Follow below steps for that :
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select settings option.
- On Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, click Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option, and select (?) icon.
- Click on Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Reset MS Edge Browser
- Open MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option, and select settings.
- Click on Choose what to clear Option, choose first three options then click on Clear button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open Safari browser, tap on Safari menu, and select Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on Reset button.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- Open Internet Explorer then click on Menu icon and hit Internet options.
- Visit Advanced tab, click Reset button, check Delete personal settings option, and hit Reset button.
How to Enable Browser Protection
Follow the below steps to enable built-in dangerous site protection in your web browsers. You can follow the same steps if you want to stop the malware protection on your browser.
Google Chrome – Dangerous Sites Protection
- Open your Chrome web browser, type “chrome://settings” in the URL bar, and press Enter.
- Got to bottom of the page and select “Show advanced settings” option.
- Look for the Privacy and security section then click on Sync and Google services.
- Now turn on the Safe Browsing (Protect you and your device from dangerous sites) option.
Safari Browser – Change Security preferences in Safari
- Open your Safari web browser, then tap on the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- Now you have to open the Security options on your Safari browser.
- Check Warn When Visiting a Fraudulent website box from the Fraudulent Sites section.
Mozilla Firefox – Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
- Open your Firefox web browser, click on Menu (☰) and select Options from the list.
- Now click on the Security option and then select the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Edge Browser – Activate SmartScreen Filter
- Open your MS Edge web browser, click on More (⋮) icon from the upper right corner.
- Click on the Settings option from the Edge menu drop-down list.
- Scroll down and find View Advanced Settings option then open it.
- Turn ON the “help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Internet Explorer – Activate Microsoft SmartScreen Filter
- Open your IE web browser, then click on Menu icon and hit Safety options.
- Now click on the SmartScreen Filter option from the drop-down list.
- Turn on SmartScreen Filter and restart your browser.
If you made these settings on your browser then phishing and malware protection on your browser is now active. But it does not mean that your computer cannot get infected by threats. These settings may block some dangerous and suspicious sites but there are other ways through which hackers can target your PC. So you must download a powerful Anti-Malware application on your computer that provides real-time protection to ensure your system security.
Tips To Prevent VirTool:Win32/KernelMemMod Virus in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.