Weon File Virus is another nasty malware infection that is directly related to the STOP/DJVU Ransomware family. This latest strain of data locker is equipped with a highly advanced encryption algorithm. Similar to its previous versions, Weon Ransomware is aimed to extort money from users. If your computer is infected by this virus, then read this guide to remove infection and recover files without compromising with hackers.
What Is Weon Ransomware?
Weon is another evil creation of cyber hackers. This nasty threat is a newly found malware infection that preys on your files. It sneaks into your machine secretly and encrypts all your files, then after it will plan the grand extortion. After hijacking your files, it will add its own malicious extension to the end of all your file names as its signature. Then this nasty Weon virus will leave ransom notes on your system demanding the ransom money to decrypt your files.
This notorious threat will declare that it has locked all your files and your files can only get unlocked by a private decryption key. It is senseless to say that you can find that decryption nowhere else other than the virus creators. But the main problem is Weon file Ransomware will not give you that decoder until you pay the ransom money.
This cunning threat will encrypt all your files and then add its own extension as an append to their names. For example, if there was a file name “image.png” on the infected machine, then after encryption it will get changed into “image.png.Weon”. It is completely impossible to access these encoded files with decryption. This is where the blackmailing starts. It will leave a ransom note “_Readme.txt” on the infected machine to demand ransom in exchange for the decryption key.
How to open Encrypted Files?
Whenever you will try to open any of your locked files, Weon File Virus will show ransom messages. You will get a ransom note in the text format in all your folders and it is a constant reminder of your helplessness. Now you can delete those encrypted files, but if you do so, you will lose all your files forever. Many people have extra copies of their files that they have saved at other locations as a backup.
So if your files are encrypted but you have the backup then still you should not delete encrypted files and load your backup. Because when you will copy your backup data on the infected computer, it will automatically get encrypted again because your system is still infected by this nasty Weon Ransomware infection.
How Did Your PC Get Infected?
Those who don’t know how their computer got infected by Weon Virus Ransomware should recall its online activities from the past few days. This dubious threat does not get dropped on your system automatically, your carelessness gave it a chance to sneak. When you open any spam email attachment, download any cracked software, get free shareware programs from low-quality sites, update your software from non-official and shady websites, or use free Wi-Fi from unsafe networks then viruses like Weon Ransomware get a chance to sneak in.
Afterward, they can easily break the firewall and disable your anti-virus programs. Many people might seek free software or programs to remove this infection, then let me tell you, it will be another disaster. Never forget that your computer got infected due to similar types of actions in the first place.
Weon Ransomware: Threat Analysis
Do Not Pay Ransom Money
If you are thinking of paying Weon File Virus to get the decryption key, then it is the worst idea. After getting the money, there is no guarantee that hackers will decrypt all your files. And if the decryption key works, then still this virus is in your system and it can monitor your activities. This dubious threat is also known for dropping Azorult password-stealing Trojan virus on infected PC to collect the personal information of the victims.
The so-called decryption key may also bring more threats and viruses to your system which can lead to other problems. So it is better to delete Weon Ransomware from your system to avoid any further problems. As for the matter of your files, you can recover them through data recovery software or you can wait for any decrypter to be launched.
Ransom note “_Readme.txt” contains the following text:
ATTENTION! Don’t worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This software will decrypt all your encrypted files. What guarantees you have? You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free. But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information. You can get and look video overview decrypt tool: hxxps://we.tl/t-Oc0xgfzC7q Price of private key and decrypt software is $980. Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490. Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment. Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours. To get this software you need write on our e-mail: email@example.com Reserve e-mail address to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org Your personal ID: -
How to deal with Weon File virus?
Now the matter is, what you should do when your files are encrypted? You don’t have any backup and you don’t want to pay ransom money to Weon Virus. It is very clear that you should not pay any single penny to hackers for getting the decryption key. Because if you are thinking of getting your files back by paying the ransom money then it will be another catastrophic mistake.
Even if you pay for the decryption key and recover your files, this nasty Weon Ransomware is still on your computer. It can easily bring some other variant on your system and encrypt your files later to demand more money. This dubious file-encrypting malware can also drop some other threats on your PC to do more damage. So it is very important that you remove Weon File Virus from your computer and try to recover your files using any data recovery software.
How To Remove Weon File Virus
Automatic Weon Ransomware Removal Guide
It can be hectic to remove threats from an infected PC but the use of powerful Anti-Malware can make it quite easy. SpyHunter anti-malware can help you to remove Trojan, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily. You can scan your system for Weon file virus and all other hidden threats at once. All you need to do is to download this software and run a new scan on your PC.
It will find all the threats and viruses in no time and save you lots of time and effort. This amazing software also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware definition updates make it most effective against the latest attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- You will begin by downloading the software on your system for which you have to click on the below download button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the Anti-Malware program on your PC and proceed with the setup.
- After installation, you will need to launch the Anti-Malware application. From the welcome screen click on the Start Scan Now button to initiate a new scan of your PC.
- Once the scanning process begins, it will take some time to run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and find all hidden threats and malware.
- Soon you will find a complete list of all the threats on your system screen. Then you will need to click on the Next button to delete all the viruses.
How To Decrypt .Weon Files
As there is no Weon ransomware decryptor available, you will need to use alternate options to restore your files. The first one is to use the backup. If you have created a backup of your important files then it is going to be quite easy. However, if you don’t have any backup files or they also got encrypted by the virus then you will have to try a data recovery software.
We recommend using Stellar Data Recovery software because it is a powerful and trusted data recovery software. Paying ransom money is not ideal because it will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks. You can wait for any free decryptor to be launched but it can take forever. Download the free trial version of data recovery and scan your PC for files. It may be able to recover some of your files and save you lots of money.
- Click on the below download button to get started instantly with the data recovery process on your PC.
- After the download click on the installer file and complete the software installation. Then launch the application and select the Data type to recover, and click the Next button.
- After the selection of data, you will need to select the location from where you want to recover data. Choose the location and then click on the Scan button.
- The software will take some time to scan your system. You will see a list of all the files that can be recovered. You can preview them or click on the Recover button to save them.
Manual Weon File Virus Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Click on the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Windows Run Box.
- Now you will need to type in MSConfig and then click the OK button.
- The System configuration settings box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Boot tab, check the Safe Boot option, and select the network box,
- Finally, you will have to click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Open the Windows Rub box again on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- This time you will have to type in taskmgr and then click the OK button to open Windows Task Manager. Look for any unknown or malicious running on your system.
- Select the process which is taking lots of systems resources and then click on the End Task button.
Uninstall Weon Ransomware from Control Panel
- Again you will need to open the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- This time you need to open the Windows Control Panel, so type in appwiz.cpl and then click the OK button.
- Programs and Features windows will appear on your computer screen with a list of all the installed applications.
- Now you need to look for any unknown or virus related program and then Uninstall it from your PC.
Remove Weon Ransomware From Registry Editor
- Again open the Windows Run Box on your PC by using the Windows and R keys.
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, type in Regedit and click the OK button.
- Now you will have to find the virus related registry files and remove them.
- Press CTRL and F keys together on the keyboard to start a Find query.
- Type the virus name and click on Find Next button to find malicious entries and delete them.
Remove Malicious IP addresses from Windows Hosts Files
- To open the Windows hosts file, simply press the Windows and R keys together on the keyboard.
- Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Now you will need to access the Windows hosts file using Notepad.
- Most threats add malicious IP addresses here to automatically connect to remote servers.
- Delete all the malicious IP addresses below the localhost and save the file.
Delete Virus related files from your PC
When malware infects your system, it normally creates several malicious files and spread them at different locations. After you remove the malware, these leftover files help them to get back to your computer. Remove all virus related files at once by following the below instruction :
- Open the Windows Run Box again by using the Windows and R keys together.
- Now you will open the below paths one by one using the Run Box and remove malicious files.
For the first four options, look for any recent folder related to the Weon File Virus and remove them. For the Temp folder, you can delete all the files at once. Use Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys together for permanent removal.
Remove Weon File Virus via system restore
- You will again need the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- Open the Command Prompt by typing in cmd and then clicking the OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- The System Restore window will get opened instantly then click on the Next button.
- Choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click the Next button.
- Finally, when you will hit the Yes button, the system restoration process with start immediately.
Note: System restore to remove a virus will only work if you have a restore point set on your PC. Otherwise, no changes will be made to your system and it will not remove any threats. Be advised, restoring the computer to a previous version does not always guarantee virus removal. Most viruses delete restore points, so don’t get diWeonointed if this trick does not work for you.