.Yhlgaopimd virus is a notorious infection that belongs to Snatch ransomware family. It encrypt victims’ personal files and force them to pay ransom money. If all your files got .Yhlgaopimd extension at the end then it means your computer is infected by this malware.
As this nasty virus encrypts your files, it appends “.yhlgaopimd” extension to the filenames. For example, if it encrypts a file named “myphoto.jpg” then it would appear as “myphoto.jpg.yhlgaopimd” which you cannot access. After the successful encryption of all your files, ransom notes “HOW TO RESTORE YOUR FILES.TXT” are left in all the folders. This guide is aimed to help your remove this virus and restore your files without paying money to hackers.
What is .Yhlgaopimd File Virus
Yhlgaopimd Ransomware is a harmful file encryption virus which is been reported by researchers to use a strong AES-256 encryption key algorithm to encrypt the files of an infected computer system. Like the other ransomware, .Yhlgaopimd Virus also overtakes your confidential data and asks to pay a ransom from the victim. It generally takes the advantage of Windows’ default behavior of hiding the extension from file names to disguise the real extension of the malicious file hidden in it.
Once installed, .Yhlgaopimd File Virus will completely take over your machine. It will encrypt all your personal and important files and add its own extension to the end of all your file names to mark them as encoded using its encryption key. It will demand ransom money to give you the decryption key that may decipher your data and you will be able to access your files. This .Yhlgaopimd Virus Ransomware is a dangerous PC infection that leaves no choice to the user other than paying extortion fees but it is only aimed to cheat innocent users and thug their money, it will not decrypt your files as it promises.
Ransomware spread through various ways
.Yhlgaopimd File Virus mostly intrudes on your computer bundled with free third-party programs that users download from shady websites. Those free applications may carry hidden attachments that can secretly get installed without asking permission. Spam email campaigns are another very often used method of malware spreading. Hackers hide malicious codes in attachments and send them to a large number of potential victims through automated software. When someone opens such an email and download attachments, threats like Yhlgaopimd virus can easily get installed.
Unwanted pop-up ads and forced browser redirects are not only annoying but they can be used for malware distribution too. Cybercriminals use Redirect virus or adware like an infection to drive traffic on malicious sites which can trigger the download of .Yhlgaopimd Virus and similar threats automatically. Browsing torrent websites and downloading pirated software could also bring nasty viruses to your computer. So you are advised to steer clear from these activities and scan your PC regularly for potential threats.
Yhlgaopimd Ransomware: Threat Analysis
Ransom Message is left by Virus
As soon as the files get encrypted, Yhlgaopimd Virus will leave a ransom note in every folder on your system to demand ransom money. It may also show a warning message on your computer screen when you try to access encrypted files. The ransom note that it has already placed on your system, contains brief information about encryption, how to recover your files, how much to pay, hackers’ contact details, and the payment method.
Sometimes you may get the dreaded screen from Yhlgaopimd Ransomware demanding the ransom for which you must not proceed further or take any action in hurry. Paying the ransom money does not guarantee the decryption of your files safely. Most of the ransomware victims who choose to pay the ransom amount to get the decryption key, end up losing both their files and money.The Ransom note (“HOW TO RESTORE YOUR FILES.TXT”) contains following instructions :
Hello! All your files are encrypted! Email me if you want to get your files back - I will do it very quickly! Contact me by email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org The subject line must contain an encryption extension or the name of your company! Do not rename encrypted files, you may lose them forever. You may be a victim of fraud. Free decryption as a guarantee. Send us up to 3 files for free decryption. The total file size should be no more than 1 MB! (not in the archive), and the files should not contain valuable information. (databases, backups, large Excel spreadsheets, etc.) To contact us, we recommend that you create an email address at protonmail.com or tutanota.com Because gmail and other public email programs can block our messages! If you do not receive a response from us for a long time, check your spam folder. Additional ways to communicate in tox chat hxxps://tox.chat/ contact our tox id: BBA99964ECC6CA4A8B6460FB0CB45AD8781AC01D94F6F6DBF9B9D1202BAF1822EBAA140C872A
Few points which show Ransomware infection :
- All your files will be encrypted and you cannot access them.
- Your files will contain strange and unknown extensions at the end.
- A text or HTML file of instructions can be found in every folder.
- Victims will be asked to pay the ransom in Bitcoins for the decryption key.
- All media files like audio, videos, images, and documents, database, etc. will be locked.
What to do after encryption
As said above, .Yhlgaopimd File Virus encrypts the discovered files with a very strong cipher and makes them inaccessible. If your computer is infected by this virus, then it will keep encrypting your files until its removed. This virus can be very hard to remove as it makes various changes to the compromised system and create lots of files. You must remove all the associated files completely to get rid of Yhlgaopimd Virus at once. We have created a guide that can help you delete this infection. Once done with the removal process, you can also try Data Recovery Software to see if it can restore your encrypted files in their original format.
How To Remove Yhlgaopimd Virus
Yhlgaopimd File Virus is a harmful and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems in your PC, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. When this kind of malware invades your system, it may also bring other threats to the victimized system. It can do major damage to your computer in a very quick time. It may have already spread its copies at different locations on your system. Files related to this infection can have different names, so it will make it harder to detect.
We are going to discuss two possible ways to remove Yhlgaopimd Virus infection 1. Automatic Removal, 2. Manual Removal method. It’s better to have a complete diagnosis on the infected PC so that all the potential infections can easily be found and removed at once. You must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Yhlgaopimd Ransomware. The Automatic Removal process is fast, precise, and error free whereas the Manual Removal process is time-consuming and a slight mistake can corrupt the entire operating system. We advised you to take the help of both methods to completely eliminate the virus from your PC.
Automatic Yhlgaopimd Removal Guide
As you already know that, Yhlgaopimd Virus is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting on your system ever again.
So the best way to remove Yhlgaopimd effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against the latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you need to click on the below download button to get the software.
- Then double-click on the installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch Anti-Malware application and Start Scan Now of your PC.
- The software will scan your PC for all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on the Next button to see results and delete Yhlgaopimd and other threats.
How To Recover Your Encrypted Files
Now all your files got encrypted by the .Yhlgaopimd Virus then you need to recover your data without paying ransom money to hackers. If your files are important then you must have created a backup and you can use that backup to recover your files. If you don’t have a backup or this virus has encrypted your backup files, then you are left to seek professional help.
We recommend you use powerful data recovery software to restore your files encrypted .Yhlgaopimd File Virus. It is a risk-free and smart way. You can just download the free version and scan your PC for files. There is a high probability that it can recover most of your files in a fraction of the amount that hackers are demanding. It is also needless to say that paying hackers will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks.
- First, you need to download Data Recovery software on your PC.
- Install the program, launch it then select the Data type to recover, and click the Next button.
- Select the location from where you want to recover data and click the Scan button.
- After the scan, software will list all files, select them and click the Recover button.
Manual Yhlgaopimd Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click the OK button.
- Click on the Boot tab then the System configuration window will appear.
- Choose Safe Boot, check the network box, Click Apply, and press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Find Yhlgaopimd related or any malicious process.
- Now right-click on it then click End process.
How To Uninstall Yhlgaopimd from Windows PC
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and then click the OK button.
- Now Programs and Features windows will appear on the screen.
- Find and remove all Yhlgaopimd related or malicious programs.
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type regedit in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type Yhlgaopimd and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Delete Virus related files from your PCWhen a threat gets on to a PC, it most likely creates some files at different locations on the system. These files are used to perform a specific action and also help malware in getting back to the computer once it’s removed. So you just need to find also delete all those files associated with this .Yhlgaopimd File Virus. For that follow the below instruction :
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard
- Type each of the following in Run Box and press the OK button
Remove Yhlgaopimd Virus via system restore
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type cmd in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- When the System Restore window opens on your computer screen click the Next button, then choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click the Next button.
- Finally, click on the Yes button to start the system restoration process.
Note: This will only work if you have a restore point set on your PC or it will give an error message. Restoring the computer to a previous version may or may not remove .Yhlgaopimd File Virus. Most of the time, viruses just delete all the restore points. If this trick does not work for you then don’t get disappointed.
After restoring your computer, we recommend you run a thorough scan of the PC using a Powerful Anti-Malware program to detect and remove any hidden threats. In most cases, viruses may spread through any files outside of the C drive because system restoring only affect the C drive. There may be some Virus related files hiding your PC, and it never hurts to double-check.
Sometimes, system restore doesn’t work or viruses can just remove the restore points. As such you will probably have no other choice than to choose the Automatic Removal Process. It is the best and error-free method to find and remove threats from your computer. Additionally, you should also check some important malware prevention tips provided here in this guide to avoid similar virus attacks in the future.
Remove Yhlgaopimd Virus From MacOSIf you are a mac user, and your machine got infected by this nasty file-encrypting malware then you need to remove it as soon as possible. Although Mac systems are quite safe they still do get infected. So you can delete this infection using the below steps:
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open it.
- Find Yhlgaopimd related process, click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen, click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find Yhlgaopimd or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove Yhlgaopimd Virus Related Files From MacWhen any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on Go button.
- Find and remove any Yhlgaopimd Virus related or malicious file.
Attention: If you are not tech-savvy, then it could be quite difficult to remove Yhlgaopimd File Virus manually from your Mac. The best way is to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and see if it can detect all hidden threats and viruses on your computer. It’s really super easy and you should give it a try.
How SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware Works
- First, download the SpyHunter for Mac by clicking on the below button.
Some time threats like Yhlgaopimd Virus keep getting back on the machine if all associated files are not removed. So you are advised to use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to run a thorough scan of your Mac and delete all threats at once.SpyHunter Mac AntiMalware allows you to scan your Mac for threats and viruses for free, but you will need to purchase a full license to remove found threats. Read EULA.
- Now go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter Anti-Malware For Mac.
- Launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- Software will start running a a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risk and so on.
- Finally you will see a list of malwares detected on your mac, now click on Next button to start the removal process.
Tips To Prevent .Yhlgaopimd Virus in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows/Mac OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.
Report cyber attack to Authorities
If you are also a Victim of Yhlgaopimd virus then you should report this cybercrime incident to legal authorities in your county. Here is the list of some of the official government websites for reporting fraud and scam activities:
- United States – Guard Online
- Australia – SCAMwatch
- United Kingdom – Action Fraud
- New Zealand – Consumer Affairs Scams
- Canada – Canadian Anti-Fraud
- Ireland – An Garda Síochána
- India – National Cybercrime Reporting Portal
You can also search to find the Internet Crime Authority in your country. Meanwhile, it will not help you remove or restore your files in any way but it’s merely information to authorities. Once you register your complaint, authorities might look into and take preventive measures to stop further attacks. However, don’t get lured by third-party criminal reporting sites or fake technical support websites. They are more like to cheat you instead of helping you.