OpticalSearchTech is a deceptive search engine virus created by cyber crooks which can invade your Mac secretly cause major damage. This browser-based infection operates on making unauthorized modifications to the default web browser. It randomly opens new tabs and causes unwanted redirects to malicious sites, generates misleading results. It is a dangerous malware infection that alters your system and browser settings to make an illegal profit. This guide is aimed to teach you how to remove OpticalSearchTech virus from your Mac. You just need to read this guide and follow the easy step-by-step instructions.
What is OpticalSearchTech?
OpticalSearchTech is a harmful infection for your Mac, and it is categorized as a browser hijacker. This dubious threat pretends to be a genuine search provider. It silently enters your machine without permission and gets added to your main browsers like Google Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Opera, and others. Once installed on your machine, it will modify your system and browser settings. It will change the default homepage and search engine on your browser without permission.
OpticalSearchTech virus can also install several unwanted extensions, toolbars, add-ons, etc. on your browser automatically. When you will use this fake search engine to surf the Internet, it will show lots of fake results, ads, banners, pop-ups, etc. on your screen. OpticalSearchTech will redirect your searches on malicious websites that have no quality information but try to cheat users. It is only intended to drive Internet traffic on phishing websites to earn referral profit.
How it infect your Mac?
OpticalSearchTech is a dangerous infection that uses several stealthy techniques to invade your Mac. It mostly gets spread through bundled freeware programs that users mostly download from unreliable sources. Hackers embed malicious files to the installers and distribute them online. When you download such an application and install it, the hidden attachment also gets installed silently. spam emails, suspicious links, misleading ads, fake updates, torrent files, and porn websites.
Once inside your computer, it can disable your anti-virus and firewall security to avoid its removal. This nasty OpticalSearchTech virus will also create new library files to get started automatically on your system. It will also track your online activities and browser history to collect your personal information. It will steal your financial data and send it to hackers. It can also create loopholes on your machine through which cyber crooks can easily access your machine remotely. It is advised to remove OpticalSearchTech virus completely from your system.
OpticalSearchTech: Threat Analysis
Risks related to potentially unwanted programs
Many of you might ignore the early signs of infections like OpticalSearchTech virus but trust me it could be a grave mistake. There are too many risks involved with such threats which would make your mac completely useless given the time. They can easily sneak into your system, stay hidden for longer, people often take them lightly, all of these sums up into a greater risk. These kinds of PUPs are used for malware distribution through ads, stealing the personal information of users, and causing vulnerabilities on the infected system.
Browser hijacking capabilities also give OpticalSearchTech virus complete authority to monitor users’ online activities and collect personal data. It can gather all the surfing history, search queries, saved passwords, Geo-location, IP address, and other crucial information. It may also transfer that collected information to a remote server to be used to personalized ads or sold to third parties. Your complete privacy can be at risk in no time and you might become a victim of cyber fraud. It is very important to get rid of OpticalSearchTech if you want to protect your privacy and system security.
Harmful Effects of OpticalSearchTech
- Silently enters your computer and hijacks your browser.
- It can redirect your searches on harmful websites.
- Show lots of unwanted ads, pop-ups, banners on your Mac.
- Disable the anti-virus and firewall security on your machine.
- Steal your personal and financial data and share it with hackers.
- It can also silently open the backdoor on your Mac for hackers.
How To Remove OpticalSearchTech From Mac
OpticalSearchTech is a dangerous malware that can cause major damage to your computer. This nasty threat will bring several new problems in your machine, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. When this kind of malware invades your Mac, it will make your system vulnerable. This nasty malware is capable of bringing other harmful viruses on your system without your consent. It can completely obliterate your system performance in no time. This virus also has tendency to hide its malicious copies at various locations on your PC under different names. It is not an easy job to find and remove those virus related files manually.
In this guide, you will find instructions for two very different techniques to get rid of OpticalSearchTech infection . The first one is the Automatic Removal which is quite fast, effective and accurate. The second method is Manual Removal which usually takes lots of time, needs technical expertise, and often fails to give desired results. It’s better to have a complete diagnosis on the infected Mac so that all the potential infections can be found. You must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to OpticalSearchTech infection.
Automatic OpticalSearchTech Removal Guide
As you already know that, OpticalSearchTech is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting on your system ever again.
So the best way to remove OpticalSearchTech effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It is a pretty advanced and effective Mac optimization tool that also provides 24X7 customer support. SpyHunter for Mac is the best app to ensure your Mac safety and keep it fast like new always. If you value your Mac then it is the most important application for you. Try this software once and you will never have to worry about any malware attacks.
How Automatic Removal Works
- First, download the SpyHunter Mac Anti-malware by clicking on the below button.
Some time threats like OpticalSearchTech keep getting back on the machine if all associated files are not removed. So you are advised to use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to run a thorough scan of your Mac and delete all threats at once.
- Now go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter Anti-Malware For Mac.
- Launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- Software will start running a a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risk and so on.
- Finally you will see a list of malwares detected on your mac, now click on Next button to start the removal process.
Manual OpticalSearchTech Removal Guide
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open.
- Find OpticalSearchTech related process, click the cross button from upper left side corner to end task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen, click on Force Quit button.
Remove OpticalSearchTech From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find OpticalSearchTech or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove OpticalSearchTech Related Files From MacWhen any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on Go button.
- Find and remove any OpticalSearchTech related or malicious file.
Attention: Don’t go meddling around and deleting files that you don’t know about. Removing any wrong file may damage your Mac. So you are advised to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and run a thorough scan of your system for threats and viruses.
Remove Infection From Your Browser
Threats like OpticalSearchTech often install malicious extensions to the browser on the infected machine and make several unwanted changes to the browser settings. You might experience forced browser redirection, lots of annoying pop-up ads, and commercials on your browser due to this. You will need to remove the infection from your browser to put an end to such activities and block the regeneration of malware on your system.
Remove OpticalSearchTech From Apple Safari
- Open Safari browser then tap on the Preferences option from the Safari menu.
- Open the Extensions tab, find OpticalSearchTech related extensions then click Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open Safari browser, tap on Safari menu, and select Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Remove OpticalSearchTech From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press the ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open Google Chrome browser, click the Menu (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select More tools then click on Extensions option to find all installed Extensions on chrome.
- Choose OpticalSearchTech related extensions then click the trash can icon to remove completely.
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the settings option.
- On Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, click Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Remove OpticalSearchTech From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in URL bar Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons option from the drop-down menu of the list.
- Choose Extensions option to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Choose OpticalSearchTech related extensions then click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option, and select (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Once you are done with these settings hopefully your problem is solved. If not, then you can also always download the Mac Anti-virus Program mentioned in this article to get rid of all the threats and viruses automatically. You can also take some precautions to avoid similar malware attacks in the future. Follow the below steps to improve the security of your Mac system.
Tips To Prevent OpticalSearchTech in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked software.
- Make sure that your firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your Mac.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your Mac to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.