.Dfwe File Virus is a dangerous file-encrypting malware. It is a new variant from Stop/Dvju Ransomware family. It can easily encrypt all your files using a powerful algorithm and then add “.dfwe” extension to the end of all your files. After the encryption, it will also leave a “_readme.txt” ransom note on your system.
For example, if you have a file named “cutebaby.png” then after encryption, it will get converted into “cutebaby.png.dfwe” which is locked and cannot be opened without a decryption key. The Ransom note says that all your files are locked but you can get your files back by paying ransom money for decryption tools.
What is Dfwe Ransomware
Dfwe is a newly detected file encrypting virus that is presenting deadly features. It is a silent intruder which can easily sneak into your computer and hide in your PC until it does its nasty file encrypting work. Creators of this dubious .Dfwe File Virus is the same that created the notorious STOP(Djvu) Ransomware and ever since released new variants at regular intervals.
Hackers behind this infection have vast knowledge and experience in targeting innocent users and blackmailing them for money by encrypting their personal files. They have again launched a new variant of their malware to do the hateful work and make illegal profit online. It adds its malicious “.Dfwe” file extension to the end of all your files as a lock that can only be opened through a private decryption key generated for your system.
Dfwe Virus Ransom note clearly states that the only method to restore all the encrypted files is to use the decryption tool which users can only get after paying the ransom fees. They claim that there is no other way to unlock the data and they also offer proof by decrypting 1 file for free before victims pay money through BitCoin. As phony as it sounds, many victims fall for such tricks and pay the ransom, but they get cheated, so don’t make that mistake.
Working of Dfwe Virus
Dfwe Ransomware Virus is a recent malware discovery that belongs to the file-encrypting community. This dangerous threat is very much capable of intruding on your PC without you noticing or detecting its presence. You will not find out about this virus until it has encrypted all your personal data that you have stored on your computer system, then it will leave a ransom note.
This dubious .Dfwe file extension virus will secretly sneak into your system with the disguise of any random .exe file and then execute its malicious process to encrypt your entire hard drive and at the end reveal its true identity by adding “.Dfwe” extension to all the file names and leaving ransom note on your system. Creators of this dubious threat are only looking to make illegal money by blackmailing innocent victims and forcing them to pay money huge extortion fees to get access to their files.
The ransomware extortion business of STOP/Djvu virus family has gained a new height because this new variant has access to all the data collected by all its previous strains. This newly found malware which is a DJVU variant is living up to its reputation and wreaking havoc as we speak about it and look for its remedy.
It will give you a choice to pay the ransom money to buy a decryption tool that allegedly can restore all your files and data to their original format. As your system is infected by .Dfwe Virus, you are well aware of its evil handy work. This file-encrypting malware can lock all your personal files, videos, images, audio files, documents, databases, even backup files if they are stored on your computer. This nasty virus can make your PC completely useless, even your anti-virus applications won’t do you any good.
Ransom Demand Of Dfwe Ransomware
The encoding of .Dfwe virus on victims’ PC is very real and there is no other shortcuts or easy way to unlock files without having the private decryption key. This is why hackers are demanding huge sums money of to give the decoder because they know how hard it is to unlock those encrypted files. The “Ransomware” word itself became a synonym of terror for most computer users these days. Threats like .Dfwe File Virus attacks your PC and shows scary ransom notes after encrypting files to intimidate users into paying Ransom money.
This newly released variant of the DJVU virus is very active, and .Dfwe virus is carrying out its attack with major severity due to all the data collected by its previous versions. It issues separate unique IDs for every user which means their decryption key will also be completely unique. So you can’t cheat this malware by purchasing one decryption key and trying to use it on multiple computers. This notorious Dfwe Ransomware is demanding a whopping $980 ransom fee for the decryption key but it is also offering a 50% discount if the ransom is paid before 72 hours.
The ransom note “_Readme.txt” left by hackers has the following instructions :
ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This software will decrypt all your encrypted files. What guarantees you have? You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free. But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information. You can get and look video overview decrypt tool: hxxps://we.tl/t-FglTTmgzZT Price of private key and decrypt software is $980. Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that's price for you is $490. Please note that you'll never restore your data without payment. Check your e-mail "Spam" or "Junk" folder if you don't get answer more than 6 hours. To get this software you need write on our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Reserve e-mail address to contact us: email@example.com Your personal ID: -
Paying ransom money is not safe
If you are thinking that you can restore your data by paying ransom money to .Dfwe File Virus then it could be a big mistake. One thing you should understand is that hackers are only interested in cheating your money, that’s why they are threatening to double the ransom fee in 72 hours. They are clearly trying to intimidate victims and forcing them to make a decision to pay without looking for alternate methods.
Creators of Dfwe virus don’t want you to go looking for answers and seek help from experts. It is not a discount offer given by cybercriminals, it is the bait and timing is the hook. So it puts victims in a rush to pay the money and buy the decryption key at half price.
One other thing that is also very alarming is, that attackers are demanding money through BitCoin. It is a cryptocurrency that is untraceable and, there is no way to find out who got the money. In most cases, criminals often stop responding to victims’ emails as they have neither the reason for giving decryption tools nor the fear of getting caught. So you are advised to not trust the hackers, no matter how desperate you are, don’t risk losing your money too.
Dfwe Ransomware: Threat Analysis
How does your PC get infected
You need to understand that the Internet is full of threats like .Dfwe virus and they are looking for cheating innocent users for making an illegal profit. Cybercriminals use various methods to spread their malicious creations online in a very short time with maximum impact.
You can see that a virus is released and soon its have infected thousands of computers in no time. It happens due to the Trojan downloaders that download malware directly on infected PC. Such Trojans are widely used for cracking software and programs. So piracy might be the biggest weapon in hands of hackers that victims give them. Using pirated software, browsing torrent or porn sites can bring threats like .Dfwe on your PC without your knowledge.
Bundled freeware or shareware programs are also a great source of malware spreading because creators of freeware programs often allow third-party attachments to earn a few bucks on the side. These hidden programs don’t even need users’ permission and get installed silently. Spam emails and peer-to-peer file-sharing could also bring .Dfwe virus on your computer. Clicking on misleading ads, pop-ups, banners, or push notifications can redirect browsers to phishing sites and download harmful programs silently.
How to protect your PC from Dfwe Ransomware
Protection from threats like the Dfwe virus is very crucial. You need to be ready if you don’t want to get blackmailed by cybercriminals. You just need to follow some basic rules and you will never be forced by any ransomware infection.
Use a good Anti-virus program and always scan your PC for threats. Make sure that your Windows is up to date and the firewall is active. Also, keep the latest backup of all your important files on any external USB drive or cloud drive. If any ransomware attacks your system, then you can just remove the virus and restore data from backup.
Do not open spam emails from unknown senders. Always scan the attachments before opening them. Do not click on links that look suspicious. Never click on fake pop-up ads, banners, warnings, notifications, etc. that appear on your browser.
Do not download cracked software or games ever. Such programs often have virus payloads that will infect your system instantly. Avoid downloading hacks or illegal patches for games. Stop visiting porn or torrent sites because they often cause forced redirection to malicious sites.
How To Remove Dfwe Virus
Dfwe File Virus is a dangerous malware that can cause major damage to your computer. This nasty threat will bring several new problems on your PC. This is why it is quite imperative to delete this threat permanently before it completely damages your entire computer system. Once it manages to infiltrate your system, it will make your system vulnerable. This nasty malware is capable of bringing other harmful viruses on your system without your consent. It can completely obliterate your system performance in no time. This virus also has tendency to hide its malicious copies at various locations on your PC under different names. It is not an easy job to find and remove those virus related files manually.
In this guide, you will find instructions for two very different techniques to get rid of Dfwe Virus infection . The first one is the Automatic Removal which is quite fast, effective and accurate. The second method is Manual Removal which usually takes lots of time, needs technical expertise, and often fails to give desired results. However, it is advised to take help of both techniques to ensure complete removal of the malware from your system. In case you are not handy with system operations and techincal stuff, just opt for the automatic malware removal process to eliminate Dfwe Ransomware.
Automatic Dfwe Virus Removal Guide
As you already know, Dfwe Virus is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting into your system ever again.
So the best way to remove Dfwe effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against the latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you need to click on the below download button to get the software.
Some time threats like Dfwe Virus keep getting back on the machine if all associated files are not removed. So you are advised to use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to run a thorough scan of your PC and delete all threats at once. SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware offers a 7-day fully-functional Free Trial. Credit card required, NO charge upfront. No charge if you cancel up to two business days before the trial period ends. Read SpyHunter 5 Review, and Free SpyHunter Remover details.
- Then double-click on the installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch Anti-Malware application and Start Scan Now of your PC.
- The software will scan your PC for all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on the Next button to see results and delete Dfwe and other threats.
How To Recover .Dfwe Files
Now all your files got encrypted by the .Dfwe Virus then you need to recover your data without paying ransom money to hackers. If your files are important then you must have created a backup and you can use that backup to recover your files. If you don’t have a backup or this virus has encrypted your backup files, then you are left to seek professional help.
As there are no Dfwe ransomware decryptor available, we recommend you use powerful data recovery software to decrypt .Dfwe Files. It is a risk-free and smart way. You can just download the free version and scan your PC for files. There is a high probability that it can recover most of your files in a fraction of the amount that hackers are demanding. It is also needless to say that paying hackers will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks.
- First, you need to download Data Recovery software on your PC.
- Install the program, launch it then select the Data type to recover, and click the Next button.
- Select the location from where you want to recover data and click the Scan button.
- After the scan, software will list all files, select them and click the Recover button.
Manual Dfwe Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click the OK button.
- Click on the Boot tab then the System configuration window will appear.
- Choose Safe Boot, check the network box, Click Apply, and press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Find Dfwe related or any malicious process.
- Now right-click on it then click End process.
How To Uninstall Dfwe from Windows PC
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and then click the OK button.
- Now Programs and Features windows will appear on the screen.
- Find and remove all Dfwe related or malicious programs.
Remove Virus related IP address from Hosts Files
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Now open the hosts file with Notepad.
- Look any suspicious IP address which might be related to Dfwe Virus.
- Delete all the malicious IP address and save the host files.
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type regedit in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type Dfwe and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Delete Virus related files from your PCWhen a threat gets on to a PC, it most likely creates some files at different locations on the system. These files are used to perform a specific action and also help malware in getting back to the computer once it’s removed. So you just need to find also delete all those files associated with this .Dfwe File Virus. For that follow the below instruction :
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard
- Type each of the following in Run Box and press the OK button
Remove Dfwe Virus via system restore
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type cmd in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- When the System Restore window opens on your computer screen click the Next button, then choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click the Next button.
- Finally, click on the Yes button to start the system restoration process.
Note: This will only work if you have a restore point set on your PC or it will give an error message. Restoring the computer to a previous version may or may not remove .Dfwe File Virus. Most of the time, viruses just delete all the restore points. If this trick does not work for you then don’t get disappointed.
After restoring your computer, we recommend you run a thorough scan of the PC using a Powerful Anti-Malware program to detect and remove any hidden threats. In most cases, viruses may spread through any files outside of the C drive because system restoring only affect the C drive. There may be some Virus related files hiding your PC, and it never hurts to double-check.
Sometimes, system restore doesn’t work or viruses can just remove the restore points. As such you will probably have no other choice than to choose the Automatic Removal Process. It is the best and error-free method to find and remove threats from your computer. Additionally, you should also check some important malware prevention tips provided here in this guide to avoid similar virus attacks in the future.
Remove Dfwe Virus From MacOSIf you are a mac user, and your machine got infected by this nasty file-encrypting malware then you need to remove it as soon as possible. Although Mac systems are quite safe they still do get infected. So you can delete this infection using the below steps:
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open it.
- Find Dfwe related process, click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen, click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find Dfwe or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove Dfwe Virus Related Files From MacWhen any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on Go button.
- Find and remove any Dfwe Virus related or malicious file.
Attention: If you are not tech-savvy, then it could be quite difficult to remove Dfwe File Virus manually from your Mac. The best way is to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and see if it can detect all hidden threats and viruses on your computer. It’s really super easy and you should give it a try.
How SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware Works
- First, download the SpyHunter for Mac by clicking on the below button.
Some time threats like Dfwe Virus keep getting back on the machine if all associated files are not removed. So you are advised to use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to run a thorough scan of your Mac and delete all threats at once.SpyHunter for Mac offers a 15-day fully-functional Free Trial. Credit card required, NO charge upfront. No charge if you cancel up to two business days before the trial period ends. Read SpyHunter for Mac Review, and Free SpyHunter Remover details.
- Now go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter Anti-Malware For Mac.
- Launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- Software will start running a a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risk and so on.
- Finally you will see a list of malwares detected on your mac, now click on Next button to start the removal process.
Tips To Prevent .Dfwe Virus in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows/Mac OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep a backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is .Dfwe File Virus Ransomware?
Dfwe Virus is a Ransomware infection that encrypts all the files on an infected PC such as Videos, photos, music, databases, documents, backup, etc. After that, it forces victims’ to pay huge ransom money for the decryption key. It is the latest variant of STOP/DJVU Ransomware infection. It adds its own “.Dfwe” extension to all your files and also ransom note “_Readme.txt” in all compromised folders.
How did Dfwe Virus infected my computer?
Hackers behind this threat can use several techniques to spread this malware. Usually, threats like Dfwe Virus intrude on your computer through Bundled Freeware programs, Spam emails, cracked software, illegal patches, fake software updates, clicking on suspicious links, and visiting porn or torrent sites.
How can I open “.Dfwe” files?
Unfortunately, you cannot open “.Dfwe” files without decrypting them first. All your files are encrypted and you need a decipher or decryption key to unlock those files before accessing them.
Are my files completely lost?
No, your files are still there on your computer but you simply don’t have access. Dfwe virus has encrypted your files and they can only be accessed after using a decrypting key for which hackers are demanding the ransom money.
How to decrypt .Dfwe Files?
There is no perfect Dfwe ransomware decryptor available currently which can restore all your files. But we have suggested a quite effective Dfwe File Recovery method in this guide which you can follow to recover your files. But don’t try to restore your data without removing the virus because it will keep encrypting your files.
How to Remove Dfwe Ransomware Virus?
It could be quite hard to remove this infection from computers, especially for non-technical users. We have shared several tips on removing this threat manually in this guide which you can use. If you have no prior experience with virus removal then feel free to Download Dfwe Ransomware Virus Removal Tool. It is the safest and easiest way to remove this infection from your PC.
Can I reinstall Windows to remove Dfwe virus and decrypt files?
If you will reinstall your Windows then it might remove the infection from your computer but you will not be able to recover your files. If you only format C Drive then the virus hiding in other drives will infect your system again. You have to use a powerful Anti-malware Tool to delete this virus and only then try to decrypt your files.
What to Do If nothing works?
If you are not able to recover your files by any method then still there is a lot you can do.
1. Make a backup of all your files on any External drive or cloud drive.
2. Remove Dfwe virus from your PC and move all infected files to an external drive.
3. Make sure there is no other infection hiding on your PC. (Scan twice with Anti-Malware).
4. Try to find any old backup of data and restore your files.
5. If you don’t have a backup, then contact your friends and family so they can check if they have any of your important files.
6. Check your smartphone or social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to find old pictures.
7. See if you can download some of your lost software, programs, games, movies, videos, audio from the web.
How to report this attack to Authorities?
If you are also a Victim of the Dfwe virus then you should report this cybercrime incident to legal authorities in your county. Here is the list of some of the official government websites for reporting Cybercrime activities:
United States – Guard Online
Australia – SCAMwatch
United Kingdom – Action Fraud
New Zealand – Consumer Affairs Scams
Canada – Canadian Anti-Fraud
Ireland – An Garda Síochána
India – National Cybercrime Reporting Portal
You can also search to find the Internet Crime Authority in your country. Meanwhile, it will not help you remove or restore your files in any way but it’s merely information to authorities. Once you register your complaint, authorities might look into and take preventive measures to stop further attacks. However, don’t get lured by third-party criminal reporting sites or fake technical support websites. They are more like to cheat you instead of helping you.