Notfcompreviews.com is a deceptive website that shows fake pop-ups, ads, notifications, alerts, etc. on infected PC. It asks users for permission to show notifications but mainly promotes shady websites. This dubious threat can risk your privacy and system security. It can also bring other threats and viruses to your computer. Read this guide to know how to delete Notfcompreviews.com virus from your computer safely.
What is Notfcompreviews.com Virus?
Notfcompreviews.com is a suspicious domain that causes unwanted browser redirection. It is a potentially harmful threat that falls into the redirect virus category. It is the malicious creation of hackers for making an illegal profit. This nasty piece of work is able to infect any Windows computer and mostly used web browser.
Notfcompreviews.com virus can contaminate Google Chrome, MS Edge, Safari, IE, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and others. After getting dropped on your machine, it will hide deep and perform various harmful activities. It will modify your browser and Internet settings. It can automatically redirect your web searches to phishing websites.
Notfcompreviews.com virus will bombard your computer screen with unwanted ads, pop-ups, interstitial ads, new page ads, fake offers, survey pop-ups, and many more. Those annoying advertisements will completely destroy your browsing experience and use a huge amount of bandwidth.
How did your PC get infected?
Threats like Notfcompreviews.com virus could spread in various ways. It mostly sneaks into your computer via bundled freeware installers, cracked software, illegal patches, or fake updates. When you download any free program from a shady website, then chances are you have downloaded a contaminated file. Cybercriminals often attach their malicious programs to such files. What is more interesting, people willingly disable their anti-virus to install pirated applications.
Attackers use annoyingly tricky methods to drop threats like Notfcompreviews.com virus. Spam email campaigns are one of the most used methods. If you get an email from any unknown sender then do not open attachments without scanning. You should also not click on any links from those spam emails.
Notfcompreviews.com virus could also get spread through peer-to-peer file sharing, torrent, and porn sites. Also do not click on any fake pop-up ads, notifications, alerts, etc. that show on your browser while browsing the Internet. Use good anti-virus protection and scan your computer regularly for threats. Check some important safety instructions at the end of this article to prevent further malware attacks.
Notfcompreviews.com: Threat Analysis
Harmful Effects of Notfcompreviews.com
This dubious threat will silently enter your computer without your permission or knowledge. Upon successful intrusion, it will hijack your main web browser and modify Internet settings. It will start showing several types of unwanted pop-up ads and fake alerts. Your browser will also often get redirected to questionable sites. This Notfcompreviews.com virus can create new registry files on your system for its automatic start-up.
It will slow down your computer and disable your anti-virus and firewall security. This notorious infection can also download more threats and viruses to your PC. It will steal your personal and financial information by tracking your online activities and send those to hackers. This virus can also create a backdoor on your system to provide safe passage for other threats.
How To Remove Notfcompreviews.com Virus
Notfcompreviews.com is a harmful and notorious threat. It will keep creating new problems on your PC, so it is very important to delete this malware permanently. When this kind of malware invades your system, it may also bring other threats to the victimized system. It can do major damage to your computer in a very quick time. It may have already spread its copies at different locations on your system. Files related to this infection can have different names, so it will make it harder to detect.
We are going to discuss two possible ways to remove Notfcompreviews.com infection 1. Automatic Removal, 2. Manual Removal method. It’s better to have a complete diagnosis on the infected PC so that all the potential infections can easily be found and removed at once. You must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Notfcompreviews.com infection. The Automatic Removal process is fast, precise, and error-free whereas the Manual Removal process is time-consuming and a slight mistake can corrupt the entire operating system. We advised you to take the help of both methods to completely eliminate the virus from your PC.
Automatic Notfcompreviews.com Removal Guide
As you already know, Notfcompreviews.com is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting into your system ever again.
So the best way to remove Notfcompreviews.com effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against the latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you need to click on the below download button to get the software.
Sometimes threats like Notfcompreviews.com keep getting back on the machine if all associated files are not removed. So you are advised to use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to run a thorough scan of your PC and delete all threats at once.
- Then double-click on the installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch the Anti-Malware application and click on the Start Scan Now button.
- The software will scan your PC for all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on the Next button to see results and delete Notfcompreviews.com and other threats.
Manual Notfcompreviews.com Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click the OK button.
- Click on the Boot tab to open the System configuration window.
- Choose Safe Boot, check the network box, Click Apply, and press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Find Notfcompreviews.com related or any malicious process.
- Now right-click on it then click End process.
How To Uninstall Notfcompreviews.com from Windows PC
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and then click the OK button.
- Now Programs and Features windows will appear on the screen.
- Find and remove all Notfcompreviews.com related or malicious programs.
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type regedit in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type Notfcompreviews.com and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Warning: Meddling with Windows Registry files might not be a good idea if you don’t have advanced knowledge about registry files. Deleting the wrong file can break down your entire system. Proceed at your own risk, or just skip this step. You can choose the Automatic Removal method and avoid all the problems.
Remove Notfcompreviews.com from Mac
If you are a mac user, and your machine got infected by this nasty malware then you need to remove it as soon as possible. Although Mac systems are quite safe they still do get infected. So you can delete this infection using the below steps:
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open it.
- Find Notfcompreviews.com related process, click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end the task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen, click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find Notfcompreviews.com or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove Notfcompreviews.com Related Files From Mac
When any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
Follow the below steps to remove virus related files from these locations:
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see the Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on the Go button.
- Find and remove any Notfcompreviews.com related or malicious file.
Now follow the same process for Application Support and LaunchDaemons folders. But be careful, don’t delete any important files or you can break down your entire system.
Attention: If you are not tech-savvy, then it could be quite difficult to remove Notfcompreviews.com manually from your Mac. The best way is to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and see if it can detect all hidden threats and viruses on your computer. It’s really super easy and you should give it a try.
How SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware Works
- First, download the SpyHunter for Mac by clicking on the below button.
Sometimes threats like Notfcompreviews.com keep getting back on the machine if all associated files are not removed. So you are advised to use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to run a thorough scan of your Mac and delete all threats at once.
- Now go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter Anti-Malware For Mac.
- Launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- The software will start running a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risks, and so on.
- Finally, you will see a list of malware detected on your mac, now click on the Next button to start the removal process.
Remove Notfcompreviews.com From Browser
Most of the time, threats like this make several changes to the browser which helps it to track victims’ online activities. It is important to completely remove Notfcompreviews.com from the browser or it may come back. Follow the below steps to remove this infection from your browser.
Delete Malicious Extensions From Browser
Many spyware now has browser hijacking capabilities to show ads, offers, alerts, notifications, or steal the personal information of the victim. Follow the below steps to remove malicious extensions from your browser.
Remove Notfcompreviews.com From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open your Google Chrome browser, and click the Menu (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select More tools then click on the Extensions option to find all installed Extensions on chrome.
- Choose Notfcompreviews.com related extensions then click the trash can () icon to remove them completely.
Remove Notfcompreviews.com From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in URL bar Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser, and click on Menu (☰) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons option from the drop-down menu of the list.
- Choose the Extensions option to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Choose Notfcompreviews.com related extensions then click on the Remove button.
Remove Notfcompreviews.com From Microsoft Edge
- Open your MS Edge browser, and click on More Tools (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select the Extensions option from the drop-down menu to see extensions on your browser.
- Choose Notfcompreviews.com related extension then click on Uninstall button to remove it.
Remove Notfcompreviews.com From Apple Safari
- Open your Safari browser then tap on the Preferences option from the Safari menu.
- Open the Extensions tab, find Notfcompreviews.com related extensions then click Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Remove Notfcompreviews.com From Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer then click on Menu () from the upper right corner.
- Select the manage Add-ons option from the drop-down list to see the installed extension.
- Find Notfcompreviews.com related extensions and click on Disable button to remove them.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
Once you remove Notfcompreviews.com from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by the virus. Follow the below steps for that :
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the Settings option.
- Scroll down to the bottom, and hit the Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option and select the (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Reset MS Edge Browser
- Open the MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option, and select settings.
- Click on Choose what to clear Option, choose the first three options then click on the Clear button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open your Safari browser, tap on the Safari menu, and select the Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- Open your Internet Explorer then click on Menu () icon and hit Internet options.
- Visit the Advanced tab then click the Reset button.
- Check the Delete personal settings option, and hit the Reset button.
How to Enable Browser Protection
Follow the below steps to enable built-in dangerous site protection in your web browsers. You can follow the same steps if you want to stop the malware protection on your browser.
Google Chrome – Dangerous Sites Protection
- Open your Chrome web browser, type
chrome://settingsin the URL bar, and press Enter.
- Got to bottom of the page and select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Look for the Privacy and security section then click on Sync and Google services.
- Now turn on the Safe Browsing (Protect you and your device from dangerous sites) option.
Safari Browser – Change Security preferences in Safari
- Open your Safari web browser, then tap on the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- Now you have to open the Security options on your Safari browser.
- Check Warn When Visiting a Fraudulent website box from the Fraudulent Sites section.
Mozilla Firefox – Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
- Open your Firefox web browser, click on Menu (☰) and select Options from the list.
- Now click on the Security option and then select the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Edge Browser – Activate SmartScreen Filter
- Open your MS Edge web browser, and click on More (⋮) icon from the upper right corner.
- Click on the Settings option from the Edge menu drop-down list.
- Scroll down and find the View Advanced Settings option then open it.
- Turn ON the “help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Internet Explorer – Activate Microsoft SmartScreen Filter
- Open your IE web browser, then click on Menu () icon and hit Safety options.
- Now click on the SmartScreen Filter option from the drop-down list.
- Turn on SmartScreen Filter and restart your browser.
If you made these settings on your browser then phishing and malware protection on your browser is now active. But it does not mean that your computer cannot get infected by threats. These settings may block some dangerous and suspicious sites but there are other ways through which hackers can target your PC. So you must download a powerful Anti-Malware application on your computer that provides real-time protection to ensure your system security.
Tips To Prevent Notfcompreviews.com Virus in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep a backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.