Recipe Saver is a notorious browser hijacker infection that can cause major damage to the compromised machine. If your PC is infected by this malware then removing it manually may take hours. A little mistake in the process could damage your computer entirely. You are advised to follow this guide carefully to delete this nasty virus safely.
What is Recipe Saver?
Recipe Saver is an unsafe domain being promoted as a legitimate search provider by cyber crooks. This threat can be easily classified as a browser hijacker infection that manipulates users’ web browsing to generate illegal revenue. It is a Potentially harmful program that may have found its way inside your computer without your knowledge or permission. It may not look like malware at first but it can cause major problems on an infected PC.
Once inside the targeted system, it first compromises the main web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, IE, Opera, and others. It is able to work with all the most commonly used web browsers. This fake search provider virus will change the default search engine, homepage, and cookie settings on infected browsers without your permission. Whenever you will open your browser to surf the Internet, Recipe Saver will appear as the default page or open a new tab on your browser. It claims to be a genuine program and promises to enhance users’ web surfing experience which is completely a lie.
Recipe Saver will show sponsored search results which clearly compromises the chances of you getting desired search results. You most often end up visiting sponsored websites with fake promotions and could get cheated into buying low-quality services or products. This virus will also show tons of third-party ads on your browser and on websites that you visit. These ads will firstly slow down the websites and also affect the user experience. They can also forcibly redirect your browser to suspicious websites and ask you to allow push notifications.
Is Recipe Saver is harmful
Recipe Saver itself may not be harmful malware but it surely causes lots of problems. It will bombard your computer screen with lots of unwanted and annoying pop-up ads, banners, offers, surveys, deals, notifications, alerts and etc. Clicking on such advertisements may redirect your browser to harmful websites that host malicious scripts. Your computer can get infected by dangerous threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Spyware, and others.
Since Recipe Saver has the tendency to make unauthorized changes to computer and browser settings, security experts consider it a phishing and harmful threat. It is hard to tell if any program is dangerous or not at first look but users soon find out its evil work. Well, its only motive is to take advantage of your online activities and wants to make an illegal profit through click baits. Recipe Saver helps remote criminals to derive traffic for the malicious website that is normally used for phishing and malware spreading.
The primary objective of threats like Recipe Saver is to provide illegal traffic to sponsored sites using whatever method necessary like showing ads, redirecting searches, opening new tab ads, and installing new browser extensions for forced web redirection. Moreover, it promotes several malicious links on your browsing screen and is fully capable to ruin your entire browsing activities in just no time whatsoever. In simple words, this browser hijacker infection will make your system completely useless if not removed soon.
Recipe Saver: Threat Analysis
How did your PC got infected
Threats like this use various deceptive tricks to get into your computer. Creators of such applications use the software bundling technique to spread their malicious programs. When you download any bundled freeware application on your system, then hidden threats like this can easily get installed on your PC without asking for permission.
Downloading pirated software and content from Torrent websites and browsing porn sites could also bring Recipe Saver and similar infections to your PC. Spam emails, sharing files on an unsafe network, and injecting infected USB drives into your system can also deliver malware to your computer.
Browser Hijackers can compromise your privacy
Browser hijacker virus is a type of malware that can get complete access to your browser without your consent. Recipe Saver can track your online activities to gather your browsing history, cookie details, saved passwords, and other sensitive information. It can collect all those details to show personalized ads on your computer system but it can sell your private information to hackers.
Your data can be used to target your PC, perform a scam on you or others and you could become a victim of identity theft or cyber fraud. With the invasion of this nasty browser hijacker infection, your system security and your privacy both are at risk. In order to get rid of such huge problems, you are advised to remove Recipe Saver instantly.
How To Remove Recipe Saver Virus
Recipe Saver is a dangerous malware that can cause major damage to your computer. This nasty threat will bring several new problems to your PC. This is why it is quite imperative to delete this threat permanently before it completely damages your entire computer system. Once it manages to infiltrate your system, it will make your system vulnerable. This nasty malware is capable of bringing other harmful viruses to your system without your consent. It can completely obliterate your system performance in no time. This virus also has a tendency to hide its malicious copies at various locations on your PC under different names. It is not an easy job to find and remove those virus related files manually.
In this guide, you will find instructions for two very different techniques to get rid of Recipe Saver infection. The first one is the Automatic Removal which is quite fast, effective, and accurate. The second method is Manual Removal which usually takes lots of time, needs technical expertise and often fails to give desired results. However, it is advised to take the help of both techniques to ensure the complete removal of the malware from your system. In case you are not handy with system operations and technical stuff, just opt for the automatic malware removal process to eliminate Recipe Saver infection.
Automatic Recipe Saver Removal Guide
As you already know, Recipe Saver is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting into your system ever again.
So the best way to remove Recipe Saver effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and effort. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojans, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against the latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you need to click on the below download button to get the software.
- Then double-click on the installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch the Anti-Malware application and click on the Start Scan Now button.
- The software will scan your PC for all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on the Next button to see results and delete Recipe Saver and other threats.
Manual Recipe Saver Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click the OK button.
- Click on the Boot tab to open the System configuration window.
- Choose Safe Boot, check the network box, Click Apply, and press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Find Recipe Saver related or any malicious process.
- Now right-click on it then click End process.
How To Uninstall Recipe Saver from Windows PC
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and then click the OK button.
- Now Programs and Features windows will appear on the screen.
- Find and remove all Recipe Saver related or malicious programs.
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type regedit in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type Recipe Saver and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Warning: Meddling with Windows Registry files might not be a good idea if you don’t have advanced knowledge about registry files. Deleting the wrong file can break down your entire system. Proceed at your own risk, or just skip this step. You can choose the Automatic Removal method and avoid all the problems.
Remove Recipe Saver from Mac
If you are a Mac user, and your machine got infected by this nasty malware then you need to remove it as soon as possible. Although Mac systems are quite safe they still do get infected. So you can delete this infection using the below steps:
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open it.
- Find Recipe Saver related process, click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end the task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen, click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find Recipe Saver or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove Recipe Saver Related Files From Mac
When any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
Follow the below steps to remove virus related files from these locations:
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see the Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on the Go button.
- Find and remove any Recipe Saver related or malicious file.
Now follow the same process for Application Support and LaunchDaemons folders. But be careful, don’t delete any important files or you can break down your entire system.
Attention: If you are not tech-savvy, then it could be quite difficult to remove Recipe Saver manually from your Mac. The best way is to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and see if it can detect all hidden threats and viruses on your computer. It’s really super easy and you should give it a try.
How SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware Works
- First, download the SpyHunter for Mac by clicking on the below button.
- Now go to the Download Folder from Docs and Install the SpyHunter Anti-Malware For Mac.
- Launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- The software will start running a full scan of your Mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risks, and so on.
- Finally, you will see a list of malware detected on your Mac, now click on the Next button to start the removal process.
Remove Recipe Saver From Browser
Most of the time, threats like this make several changes to the browser which helps it to track victims’ online activities. It is important to completely remove Recipe Saver from the browser or it may come back. Follow the below steps to remove this infection from your browser.
Delete Malicious Extensions From Browser
Many spyware now has browser hijacking capabilities to show ads, offers, alerts, notifications, or steal the personal information of the victim. Follow the below steps to remove malicious extensions from your browser.
Remove Recipe Saver From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open your Google Chrome browser, and click the Menu (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select More tools then click on the Extensions option to find all installed Extensions on chrome.
- Choose Recipe Saver related extensions then click the trash can icon to remove them completely.
Remove Recipe Saver From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in URL bar Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser, and click on Menu (☰) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons option from the drop-down menu of the list.
- Choose the Extensions option to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Choose Recipe Saver related extensions then click on the Remove button.
Remove Recipe Saver From Microsoft Edge
- Open your MS Edge browser, and click on More Tools (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select the Extensions option from the drop-down menu to see extensions on your browser.
- Choose Recipe Saver related extension then click on Uninstall button to remove it.
Remove Recipe Saver From Apple Safari
- Open your Safari browser then tap on the Preferences option from the Safari menu.
- Open the Extensions tab, find Recipe Saver related extensions then click Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Remove Recipe Saver From Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer then click on Menu option from the upper right corner.
- Select the manage Add-ons option from the drop-down list to see the installed extension.
- Find Recipe Saver related extensions and click on Disable button to remove them.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
Once you remove Recipe Saver from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by the virus. Follow the below steps for that :
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the Settings option.
- Scroll down to the bottom, and hit the Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option and select the (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Reset MS Edge Browser
- Open the MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option, and select settings.
- Click on Choose what to clear Option, choose the first three options then click on the Clear button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open your Safari browser, tap on the Safari menu, and select the Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- Open your Internet Explorer then click on Menu icon and hit Internet options.
- Visit the Advanced tab then click the Reset button.
- Check the Delete personal settings option, and hit the Reset button.
How to Enable Browser Protection
Follow the below steps to enable built-in dangerous site protection in your web browsers. You can follow the same steps if you want to stop the malware protection on your browser.
Google Chrome – Dangerous Sites Protection
- Open your Chrome web browser, type
chrome://settingsin the URL bar, and press Enter.
- Got to bottom of the page and select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Look for the Privacy and security section then click on Sync and Google services.
- Now turn on the Safe Browsing (Protect you and your device from dangerous sites) option.
Safari Browser – Change Security preferences in Safari
- Open your Safari web browser, then tap on the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- Now you have to open the Security options on your Safari browser.
- Check Warn When Visiting a Fraudulent website box from the Fraudulent Sites section.
Mozilla Firefox – Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
- Open your Firefox web browser, click on Menu (☰) and select Options from the list.
- Now click on the Security option and then select the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Edge Browser – Activate SmartScreen Filter
- Open your MS Edge web browser, and click on More (⋮) icon from the upper right corner.
- Click on the Settings option from the Edge menu drop-down list.
- Scroll down and find the View Advanced Settings option then open it.
- Turn ON the “help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Internet Explorer – Activate Microsoft SmartScreen Filter
- Open your IE web browser, then click on Menu icon and hit Safety options.
- Now click on the SmartScreen Filter option from the drop-down list.
- Turn on SmartScreen Filter and restart your browser.
If you made these settings on your browser then phishing and malware protection on your browser is now active. But it does not mean that your computer cannot get infected by threats. These settings may block some dangerous and suspicious sites but there are other ways through which hackers can target your PC. So you must download a powerful Anti-Malware application on your computer that provides real-time protection to ensure your system security.
Tips To Prevent Recipe Saver Virus in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep a backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.