Search.assistivedata.com is a harmful infection that can do major damage to your Mac system. It is a browser-based malware infection that hijacks your main browser, alters its settings to make an illegal profit. Changes made by this infection put your Mac security at risk and affect the speed and performance of the machine. It is a fake search engine which means that it cannot produce any real search results but only redirect your browser to suspicious sites. Learn how to remove Search.assistivedata.com virus from your Mac for free by following easy step-by-step instructions.
What is Search.assistivedata.com
Search.assistivedata.com is a notorious computer infection deemed as a harmful browser hijacker virus. It is a dangerous PC threat that can change the homepage and search engine of your browser without your consent. It will flood your browser with many sponsored results, ads, pop-ups, banners that will redirect your browser. It is able to intrude on any Windows computer very easily. Search.assistivedata.com virus is able to attack all famous web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, IE, Opera, and others. This notorious threat is created by hackers to make illegal profits online.
It will pretend like a genuine search engine and claim to enhance your web browsing experience. Search.assistivedata.com virus will completely destroy your web surfing by frequent browser redirection and lots of annoying advertisements. It will make your system slow and freezing all the time. It has only the motive to drive more and more web traffic on its sponsored websites by showing unwanted ads and redirecting user’s web searches for making an illegal profit for its creators.
Working of Search.assistivedata.com on Mac
Search.assistivedata.com is a dangerous threat that may look like any other search engine but is not harmless. It might not corrupt your files or encrypt your data for ransom money, but it is showing ads on your system for nothing. Every malware has its own technique for making money and this one prey on your web browsing habits and online activities. It may seem that Search.assistivedata.com is a harmless program that only shows some ads or redirects the browser, but it could turn ugly very fast. GoSearch, Safebrowse.io, Searchlee.com, SearchMine.net, Searchnewshighlights.com, AnalyzerWindow are some similar threats that secretly attack your mac and cause several problems.
It will redirect your browser to malicious websites used by hackers to spread threats like Trojan, Ransomware, worms, rootkits, and other dangerous viruses. This type of threat is more dangerous as they do not look very much harmful but they can damage your entire system over time without your knowledge. Search.assistivedata.com is a malicious program that has no usefulness to you and it does not enhance any kind of system or browsing experience. It is better to get rid of such threats when it is still settling on your machine rather than waiting for some bigger damage to happen.
How it infect your Mac?
Search.assistivedata.com mostly intrudes on your Mac through bundled freeware programs that are available for free download on the Internet. Malware creators often use this method to embed malicious programs that secretly get installed on users’ systems without even asking for permission. Spam emails are also another well-known method of malware distribution along with, torrent or porn websites. Downloading pirated software or shareware programs, clicking on misleading ads or links could also bring such infections on your mac.
Search.assistivedata.com: Threat Analysis
How harmful is Search.assistivedata.com?
Once getting installed on your machine, it can start making several modifications in your system settings. It will install a bunch of new extensions on your browser, make changes to the homepage, search engine, cookies & privacy settings. Forcibly redirect your browser to suspicious sites and start showing lots of ads, pop-ups, warnings, messages, offers, and other advertisements. Search.assistivedata.com will also start spying on your online activities to collect your personal information including your login details, social media account passwords, credit card information, GEO locations, browsing preferences, and much more.
Search.assistivedata.com can also bring more threats to your system. It can disable your anti-virus and firewall program due to which you will not be able to block or remove those threats. It has the main motive to make a profit for its creators by promoting their partner websites. It earns a commission for every referral made by this nasty infection. It can share your sensitive information with hackers who can use your data for illegal activities for making an illegal profit and risk your privacy. So it is advised to remove Search.assistivedata.com virus soon from your computer.
How To Remove Search.assistivedata.com From Mac
Search.assistivedata.com is a dangerous malware that can cause major damage to your computer. This nasty threat will bring several new problems in your machine, so it very important to delete this malware permanently. When this kind of malware invades your Mac, it will make your system vulnerable. This nasty malware is capable of bringing other harmful viruses on your system without your consent. It can completely obliterate your system performance in no time. This virus also has tendency to hide its malicious copies at various locations on your PC under different names. It is not an easy job to find and remove those virus related files manually.
In this guide, you will find instructions for two very different techniques to get rid of Search.assistivedata.com infection . The first one is the Automatic Removal which is quite fast, effective and accurate. The second method is Manual Removal which usually takes lots of time, needs technical expertise, and often fails to give desired results. It’s better to have a complete diagnosis on the infected Mac so that all the potential infections can be found. You must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Search.assistivedata.com infection.
Automatic Search.assistivedata.com Removal Guide
As you already know that, Search.assistivedata.com is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting on your system ever again.
So the best way to remove Search.assistivedata.com effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It is a pretty advanced and effective Mac optimization tool that also provides 24X7 customer support. ComboCleaner is the best app to ensure your Mac safety and keep it fast like new always. If you value your Mac then it is the most important application for you. Try this software once and you will never have to worry about any malware attacks.
How Automatic Removal Works
- First, download the Anti-malware by clicking on the below button.
Some time threats like Search.assistivedata.com keep getting back on the machine if all associated files are not removed. So you are advised to use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to run a thorough scan of your Mac and delete all threats at once.
ComboCleaner Mac Antivirus allows you to scan your Mac for threats and viruses for free, but you will need to purchase a full license to remove found threats. Read ComboCleaner Mac Antivirus Review, EULA.
- Drag installer file to the Applications folder for installation.
- Launch the Program, open Antivirus tab then select Scan Mode, and click on Start Scan button.
- Software will run the scan to find all hidden threats, then click on Remove All Threats button.
Manual Search.assistivedata.com Removal Guide
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open.
- Find Search.assistivedata.com related process, click the cross button from upper left side corner to end task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen, click on Force Quit button.
Remove Search.assistivedata.com From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find Search.assistivedata.com or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove Search.assistivedata.com Related Files From Mac
When any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
Follow below steps to remove virus related files from these locations:
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on Go button.
- Find and remove any Search.assistivedata.com related or malicious file.
Now follow the same process for Application Support and LaunchDaemons folders. But be careful, don’t delete any important files or you can break down your entire system.
Attention: Don’t go meddling around and deleting files that you know about. Removing any wrong file may damage your Mac. So you are advised to download ComboCleaner Mac Anti-Malware and run a thorough scan of your system for threats and viruses.ComboCleaner Mac Antivirus allows you to scan your Mac for threats and viruses for free, but you will need to purchase a full license to remove found threats. Read ComboCleaner Mac Antivirus Review, EULA.
Remove Infection From Your Browser
Threats like Search.assistivedata.com often install malicious extensions to the browser on the infected machine and make several unwanted changes to the browser settings. You might experience forced browser redirection, lots of annoying pop-up ads, and commercials on your browser due to this. You will need to remove the infection from your browser to put an end to such activities and block the regeneration of malware on your system.
Remove Search.assistivedata.com From Apple Safari
- Open Safari browser then tap on the Preferences option from the Safari menu.
- Open the Extensions tab, find Search.assistivedata.com related extensions then click Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open Safari browser, tap on Safari menu, and select Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Remove Search.assistivedata.com From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press the ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open Google Chrome browser, click the Menu (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select More tools then click on Extensions option to find all installed Extensions on chrome.
- Choose Search.assistivedata.com related extensions then click the trash can icon to remove completely.
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the settings option.
- On Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, click Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Remove Search.assistivedata.com From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in URL bar Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons option from the drop-down menu of the list.
- Choose Extensions option to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Choose Search.assistivedata.com related extensions then click on Remove button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option, and select (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Once you are done with these settings hopefully your problem is solved. If not, then you can also always download the Mac Anti-virus Program mentioned in this article to get rid of all the threats and viruses automatically. You can also take some precautions to avoid similar malware attacks in the future. Follow the below steps to improve the security of your Mac system.
Tips To Prevent Search.assistivedata.com in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked software.
- Make sure that your firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your Mac.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your Mac to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.