Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml is a dangerous Trojan malware infection created by cybercriminals with the motive of making money online through illegal and fraudulent methods. This dubious infection is a sneaky piece of threat that is able to attack all versions of Windows PC. However, older versions like XP/Vista and Windows 7 are more vulnerable to this infection because of stopped security support. It is very important to keep your Operating system and other programs up to date to avoid any malicious threat like Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml. Keep in mind that only download updates from official sites and avoid pirated software to keep your computer safe.
What is Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml
Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml is a kind of computer menace that secretly intrudes on the targeted machine and enjoys controlling the compromised system remotely. It is a violent Trojan malware that is ready to intrude on any Windows computer and keep hidden for an extended time while not being detected. It can change its name to disguise its presence on your PC which is why most of the security programs fail to detect it soon enough before it causes any severe problem.
Users don’t usually find out about Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml virus until it starts doing its evil work. It is very important that if you suspect the presence of this infection on your machine, you must check your system thoroughly and remove it properly to avoid any serious altercations in the future.
Threats like Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml virus can be very dangerous not only to the infected system but to the user as well. In today’s modern era, everybody likes to store their private and sensitive information on their PC for safekeeping and simple access. If anyhow your computer gets hacked or attacked by a nasty Trojan malware that can destroy your important files and transmit your personal information to hackers.
Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml virus is programmed to collect personal details of the user like social media login passwords, credit card number, IP address, etc. by tracking browsing history and recording keystrokes. It is a very significant threat because it carries out a very sophisticated attack on the victimized machine from multiple sides. This nasty Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml virus will start a series of malicious activities that will completely destroy your computing experience. The working of each explicit Trojan virus is completely different and fully depends on why it was created, however, they all have some quite common qualities.
Issues caused by a typical Trojan virus
- Sneak into the targeted computer without users’ permission.
- Redirect your browser to malicious sites and show annoying pop-ups.
- Steal your passwords and use a keylogger to record your keystrokes.
- Collect your personal and sensitive information and share it with hackers.
- Disable your antivirus in addition to the firewall to make the system more vulnerable.
- It can Install other threats and malware on your system secretly.
- Show fake tech support pop-up that can lure you into a scam.
- It can allow hackers to remotely access your system without permission.
Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml: Threat Analysis
Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml intrude your PC silently
Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml virus can get into your system through various different tricks. Hackers use lots of different methods to hook for new victims. Your PC can get this malware as an attachment to spam emails, sent by hackers with fake names. These emails may look genuine such as credit card bills, phone bills, bank statements, and so on. Most of the users fall for this and don’t check the sender’s email address or other information. Opening such emails, downloading attachments, and opening them without scanning can infect your PC.
This noxious Trojan malware is also being spread bundled with free third-party programs, shareware, cracked software, illegal patches, and fake updates. Apart from this, Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml virus can also infect your machine when you visit malicious websites, porn, or torrent sites, click on misleading ads or share files on unsafe websites. You can see this virus can easily sneak into your machine using any of these tricks and you won’t even notice until it starts creating problems.
How To Remove Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml Virus
Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml is a dangerous malware that can cause major damage to your computer. This nasty threat will bring several new problems on your PC. This is why it is quite imperative to delete this threat permanently before it completely damages your entire computer system. Once it manages to infiltrate your system, it will make your system vulnerable. This nasty malware is capable of bringing other harmful viruses on your system without your consent. It can completely obliterate your system performance in no time. This virus also has tendency to hide its malicious copies at various locations on your PC under different names. It is not an easy job to find and remove those virus related files manually.
In this guide, you will find instructions for two very different techniques to get rid of Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml infection . The first one is the Automatic Removal which is quite fast, effective and accurate. The second method is Manual Removal which usually takes lots of time, needs technical expertise, and often fails to give desired results. However, it is advised to take help of both techniques to ensure complete removal of the malware from your system. In case you are not handy with system operations and techincal stuff, just opt for the automatic malware removal process to eliminate Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml infection.
Automatic Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml Removal Guide
As you already know, Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting into your system ever again.
So the best way to remove Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against the latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you need to click on the below download button to get the software.
Sometimes threats like Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml keep getting back on the machine if all associated files are not removed. So you are advised to use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to run a thorough scan of your PC and delete all threats at once.
Compatible with: Windows 11/10/8/7 (32 Bit and 64 Bit)
- Then double-click on the installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch the Anti-Malware application and click on the Start Scan Now button.
- The software will scan your PC for all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on the Next button to see results and delete Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml and other threats.
Manual Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click the OK button.
- Click on the Boot tab to open the System configuration window.
- Choose Safe Boot, check the network box, Click Apply, and press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Find Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml related or any malicious process.
- Now right-click on it then click End process.
How To Uninstall Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml from Windows PC
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and then click the OK button.
- Now Programs and Features windows will appear on the screen.
- Find and remove all Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml related or malicious programs.
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type regedit in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Warning: Meddling with Windows Registry files might not be a good idea if you don’t have advanced knowledge about registry files. Deleting the wrong file can break down your entire system. Proceed at your own risk, or just skip this step. You can choose the Automatic Removal method and avoid all the problems.
Remove Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml from MacIf you are a mac user, and your machine got infected by this nasty malware then you need to remove it as soon as possible. Although Mac systems are quite safe they still do get infected. So you can delete this infection using the below steps:
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open it.
- Find Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml related process, click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end the task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen, click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml Related Files From MacWhen any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see the Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on the Go button.
- Find and remove any Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml related or malicious file.
Attention: If you are not tech-savvy, then it could be quite difficult to remove Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml manually from your Mac. The best way is to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and see if it can detect all hidden threats and viruses on your computer. It’s really super easy and you should give it a try.
How SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware Works
- First, download the SpyHunter for Mac by clicking on the below button.
Sometimes threats like Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml keep getting back on the machine if all associated files are not removed. So you are advised to use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to run a thorough scan of your Mac and delete all threats at once.
- Now go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter Anti-Malware For Mac.
- Launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- The software will start running a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risks, and so on.
- Finally, you will see a list of malware detected on your mac, now click on the Next button to start the removal process.
Remove Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml From Browser
Most of the time, threats like this make several changes to the browser which helps it to track victims’ online activities. It is important to completely remove Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml from the browser or it may come back. Follow the below steps to remove this infection from your browser.
Delete Malicious Extensions From Browser
Many spyware now has browser hijacking capabilities to show ads, offers, alerts, notifications, or steal the personal information of the victim. Follow the below steps to remove malicious extensions from your browser.
Remove Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open your Google Chrome browser, and click the Menu (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select More tools then click on the Extensions option to find all installed Extensions on chrome.
- Choose Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml related extensions then click the trash can icon to remove them completely.
Remove Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in URL bar Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser, and click on Menu (☰) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons option from the drop-down menu of the list.
- Choose the Extensions option to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Choose Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml related extensions then click on the Remove button.
Remove Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml From Microsoft Edge
- Open your MS Edge browser, and click on More Tools (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select the Extensions option from the drop-down menu to see extensions on your browser.
- Choose Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml related extension then click on Uninstall button to remove it.
Remove Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml From Apple Safari
- Open your Safari browser then tap on the Preferences option from the Safari menu.
- Open the Extensions tab, find Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml related extensions then click Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Remove Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml From Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer then click on Menu option from the upper right corner.
- Select the manage Add-ons option from the drop-down list to see the installed extension.
- Find Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml related extensions and click on Disable button to remove them.
Reset Browser Setting to DefaultOnce you remove Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by the virus. Follow the below steps for that :
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the Settings option.
- Scroll down to the bottom, and hit the Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option and select the (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Reset MS Edge Browser
- Open the MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option, and select settings.
- Click on Choose what to clear Option, choose the first three options then click on the Clear button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open your Safari browser, tap on the Safari menu, and select the Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- Open your Internet Explorer then click on Menu icon and hit Internet options.
- Visit the Advanced tab then click the Reset button.
- Check the Delete personal settings option, and hit the Reset button.
How to Enable Browser Protection
Follow the below steps to enable built-in dangerous site protection in your web browsers. You can follow the same steps if you want to stop the malware protection on your browser.
Google Chrome – Dangerous Sites Protection
- Open your Chrome web browser, type
chrome://settingsin the URL bar, and press Enter.
- Got to bottom of the page and select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Look for the Privacy and security section then click on Sync and Google services.
- Now turn on the Safe Browsing (Protect you and your device from dangerous sites) option.
Safari Browser – Change Security preferences in Safari
- Open your Safari web browser, then tap on the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- Now you have to open the Security options on your Safari browser.
- Check Warn When Visiting a Fraudulent website box from the Fraudulent Sites section.
Mozilla Firefox – Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
- Open your Firefox web browser, click on Menu (☰) and select Options from the list.
- Now click on the Security option and then select the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Edge Browser – Activate SmartScreen Filter
- Open your MS Edge web browser, and click on More (⋮) icon from the upper right corner.
- Click on the Settings option from the Edge menu drop-down list.
- Scroll down and find the View Advanced Settings option then open it.
- Turn ON the “help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Internet Explorer – Activate Microsoft SmartScreen Filter
- Open your IE web browser, then click on Menu icon and hit Safety options.
- Now click on the SmartScreen Filter option from the drop-down list.
- Turn on SmartScreen Filter and restart your browser.
If you made these settings on your browser then phishing and malware protection on your browser is now active. But it does not mean that your computer cannot get infected by threats. These settings may block some dangerous and suspicious sites but there are other ways through which hackers can target your PC. So you must download a powerful Anti-Malware application on your computer that provides real-time protection to ensure your system security.
Tips To Prevent Trojan:JS/Mountsi.B!ml Virus in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep a backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.