DigitalEntry is a potentially unwanted and malicious program that mainly attacks Mac OS. It is an advertisement-based application that is supposed to the browsing experience. However, it turned out to be intrusive and annoying as hell. This dubious DigitalEntry app is marked as Adware due to its nature of showing unwanted pop-ups, banners, and ads and causing forceful redirection of browsers mostly on malicious and phishing websites.
What is DigitalEntry?
DigitalEntry is advertised as a useful program and promises to improve web browsing. Actually, these types of programs serve lots of ads on infected machines. When users click on such ads, banners, discount offers, or links, they are often redirected to untrustworthy sites. Sometimes when you click such to add, some other unwanted and probably malicious programs automatically get installed. It is also possible that after clicking on ads, it may execute some malicious codes and collect important information from the browser.
Apps like DigitalEntry are specially designed to intrude on the targeted machine without getting flagged as malware. Most of the times user ignore such little apps or ads generated by them. But this could lead to bigger problems when this unwanted DigitalEntry app will bring more threats on your Mac or even spies on your online activities. Apps like this gather the information that could be used by hackers for identity theft.
How DigitalEntry get on your Mac?
Most of the time when you browse the Internet, you will see all sorts of ads on your browser. You might notice that those ads always don’t match your search queries or even the website you are visiting. Clicking on such ads may automatically install unwanted apps like DigitalEntry on your Mac. Software bundling is also one of the most common ways to get undesirable applications on the system.
Let’s assume you installed some application but if it has some sort of bundled application within it like DigitalEntry, then it will get installed automatically. Normally PUPs/PUAs are distributed bundled with other programs, so you must choose Advanced or Custom installation methods to avoid such things. Apart from this visiting malicious sites/porn sites/torrent sites, clicking on unknown and suspicious links, or downloading cracked files are the most sources of malware DigitalEntry.
DigitalEntry: Threat Analysis
What harm it can do to your Mac?
Apps like DigitalEntry can mess with your browser and change the homepage, search engine, and other settings. It can install some unknown browser extension or plugin for additional help. It will keep showing lots of unwanted ads on your browser and redirect your searches to malicious websites. DigitalEntry will fill your browser with sponsored content, lots of suspicious links, offers, etc. that may bring some infections on your machine.
However, these ads might look useful and most of the time you won’t be able to resist clicking on them but you are suggested to avoid them. These types of apps could also be used to boost the traffic of sponsored websites that may not contain any valuable information. Visiting such websites may expose your personal information along with financial details that can be used by hackers for scamming purposes. So it is wise to uninstall DigitalEntry before anything bad happens.
How To Remove DigitalEntry
Automatic DigitalEntry Removal Guide
As you already know, DigitalEntry is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting into your system ever again.
So the best way to remove DigitalEntry effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and effort. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojans, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It is a pretty advanced and effective Mac optimization tool that also provides 24X7 customer support. SpyHunter for Mac is the best app to ensure your Mac’s safety and keep it fast like new always. If you value your Mac then it is the most important application for you. Try this software once and you will never have to worry about any malware attacks.
How SpyHunter for Mac Works
- First, you will have to click on the below download button to get SpyHunter Mac Anti-malware.
- After the download, go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter For Mac Anti-Malware.
- Once the application is installed launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- The software will start running a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risks, and so on.
- Finally, you will see a list of malware detected on your mac, now click on the Next button to start the removal process.
Manual DigitalEntry Removal Guide
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open.
- Find DigitalEntry related process, and click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end the task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen and click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find DigitalEntry or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove Virus Related Files From Mac
When any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
Follow the below steps to remove virus related files from these locations:
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see the Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on the Go button.
- Find and remove any DigitalEntry related or malicious file.
Now follow the same process for Application Support and LaunchDaemons folders. But be careful, don’t delete any important files or you can break down your entire system.
Attention: Don’t go meddling around and deleting files that you don’t know about. Removing any wrong file may damage your Mac. So you are advised to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and run a thorough scan of your system for threats and viruses.
Remove Infection From Your Browser
Threats like DigitalEntry often install malicious extensions to the browser on the infected machine and make several unwanted changes to the browser settings. You might experience forced browser redirection, lots of annoying pop-up ads, and commercials on your browser due to this. You will need to remove the infection from your browser to put an end to such activities and block the regeneration of malware on your system.
Remove DigitalEntry From Apple Safari
- Launch the Safari browser on your Mac then click on the Safari menu and select the Preferences option from the drop-down list.
- Now to see the list of all installed extensions on your browser click on the Extensions tab.
- Find the virus related extension and click Uninstall button then again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Remove DigitalEntry From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press the ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Launch the Google Chrome browser on your Mac, then click the Menu (⋮) option that you can find in the upper right corner of your browser.
- Chrome drop-down menu will instantly appear, click on More tools then select the Extensions option to see all installed Extensions on your chrome.
- Find any virus related or suspicious extension then click the trash can icon to remove it completely.
Remove DigitalEntry From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in the URL bar of Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser on your Mac and then click on the Menu (☰) option which you can find in the upper right corner of the browser.
- You will see a drop-down menu instantly, click on the Add-ons option from that menu.
- On the left sidebar, you will see the Extensions option, click on it to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Look for any suspicious or potentially unwanted extension then click on the Remove button to get rid of it immediately.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
Once you remove the malicious extensions from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by them. Follow the below steps for that :
Reset Safari To Default
- Open your Safari browser, tap on the Safari menu and select the Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the settings option.
- On the Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, and click the Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Refresh Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option, and select the (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Once you are done with these settings hopefully your problem is solved. If not, then you can also always download the Mac Anti-virus Program mentioned in this article to get rid of all the threats and viruses automatically. You can also take some precautions to avoid similar malware attacks in the future. Follow the below steps to improve the security of your Mac system.