Are your getting lots of Ads by PUA:Win32/Distromatic on your computer? Due to showing unwanted and annoying pop-up ads, it is considered adware. Since most of the users don’t download or install this program intentionally, PUA:Win32/Distromatic can be also categorized as Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) or Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA). In this guide, I will show you how to remove this infection from your computer safely.
What is PUA:Win32/Distromatic
PUA:Win32/Distromatic virus operates as a program that shows unwanted advertisements on the infected PC without the user’s permission. This kind of infection slips into the targeted system silently and makes unwanted changes around the system setting. Such activity is not only illegal but also very harmful for the host machine.
An excessive amount of advertisements on every webpage that you visit, and forced browser redirection on unreliable websites is the signature of this kind of malware infection. This behavior of PUA:Win32/Distromatic infection might also help other malware to infiltrate your computer. It is a nasty PC threat that comes under the adware category. Its main motive is to engage most the web user and redirect the traffic on its partner websites.
Most people think that every piece of information around the Internet is free. Many people often try to use paid services and program through free means. Unfortunately, their search often leads them to low-quality and malicious websites that host harmful codes. By browsing such sites, your PC can get infected by PUA:Win32/Distromatic and many other similar threats. Do not visit any dubious sites in the search of free stuff and do not allow unwanted pop-up notifications that appear on your browser automatically.
The example of PUA:Win32/Distromatic
PUA:Win32/Distromatic may pretend to be some kind of genuine program that offers free rewards and bonuses. But in reality, it only wants to redirect users on sponsored websites to earn a commission. This threat can redirect your browser to malicious and compromised websites without your consent or permission. PUA:Win32/Distromatic infection also makes necessary changes to your browser and system settings to do that. Those unwanted redirections can bring harmful and malicious threats to your PC. It can do some serious damage to your computer to make an illegal profit.
PUA:Win32/Distromatic helps infiltrate other threats
The most recent analysis of PUA:Win32/Distromatic shows that this Unwanted Program can also distribute other threats and infection. It may disable your active anti-virus security so it cannot get detected or removed. It is also known for its capability to modify browser settings. PUA:Win32/Distromatic virus may redirect users to some fake search engine with lots of sponsored ads. When malicious sites get opened repeatedly on your PC, it increases the chances of other malware attacks. You should never click on unwanted and annoying Ads shown by this virus because that most likely can redirect your browser to various scam pages or malware distribution sources.
It spread through illegal means
Most of the time, people don’t even know that their system is infected by any virus. PUA:Win32/Distromatic is also a silent intruder which uses various methods to infiltrate that targeted computer. It mainly gets downloaded to the infected computer through bundled free third-party programs and software. It can also get downloaded to infected PC from compromised or malicious websites.
You can also get this PUA:Win32/Distromatic virus when you click on malicious links and misleading adverts. So don’t go finding free stuff online and never visit porn or torrent sites to keep your system safe. Downloading cracked software or nulled themes, plugins, etc. could also bring this malware on your PC, so avoid them. TabOptimizer, SketchBall, BridleBuddles, CheckEmailsQuicker are some similar threats that can intrude on your computer silently and cause major damage.
Cybercriminals upload malicious programs to freeware files or low-quality sites in a well-disguised manner. It is hard to detect such hidden infections, let alone find and remove them. So instead of using illegal and cracked stuff, download applications only from official sites. You must not be tempted to click any pop-ups or banners that appear on your browser to avoid the installation of malicious scripts or codes.
PUA:Win32/Distromatic: Threat Analysis
Why it is harmful to your PC
PUA:Win32/Distromatic not only intrude on your PC, mess with your settings, show ads, and bring more infection, but it can cause more harm. This kind of malware also tends to collect private and sensitive information from users. It can access your browsing cookies, history, most visited sites, etc. related to users’ browsing behavior and collect personal information. The information gathered by PUA:Win32/Distromatic is further used to show custom ads and shared with third parties. Those details could be used by hackers for illegal profit-making purposes.
Uninstall viruses coming from PUA:Win32/Distromatic
If somehow your PC got infected by PUA:Win32/Distromatic virus then you should try to remove it completely from your system ASAP. As long you will allow this malware on your system, it will keep causing more problems. It is not always easy to manually remove viruses from infected PC because they create various new files and shortcuts. You should install a good Anti-malware program to help you get rid of this threat.
After removing the PUA:Win32/Distromatic virus, make sure that you clean your browser and reset as well to undo all the unwanted modifications done by this infection. We have prepared a very easy-to-follow step-by-step guide here for you. It can help your remove this virus and reset all your browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and others. You can find those detailed instructions below in this guide along with some prevention tips to avoid further malware intrusion.
Automatic PUA:Win32/Distromatic Removal Guide
As you already know that, PUA:Win32/Distromatic is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting on your system ever again.
So the best way to remove PUA:Win32/Distromatic effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware updates make it most effective against the latest malware attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you need to click on the below download button to get the software.
- Then double-click on the installer you downloaded to install the program.
- Launch Anti-Malware application and Start Scan Now of your PC.
- Software will scan your PC for all hidden threats and viruses on your system.
- Click on Next button to see results and delete PUA:Win32/Distromatic and other threats.
Manual PUA:Win32/Distromatic Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run Box then click OK button.
- Click on Boot tab then System configuration window will appear.
- Choose Safe Boot, check network box, Click Apply, and press OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click OK button.
- Find PUA:Win32/Distromatic related or any malicious process.
- Now right-click on it then click End process.
How To Uninstall PUA:Win32/Distromatic from Windows PC
- First of all Press Windows Key + R buttons together.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run Box and then click OK button.
- Now Programs and Features windows will appear on the screen.
- Find and remove all PUA:Win32/Distromatic related or malicious programs.
Remove Virus related Windows Registry entries
- Press Windows Key + R buttons together on the keyboard.
- Type taskmgr in Run Box and then click OK button.
- Registry Editor will open, then press CTRL +F buttons together.
- Now type PUA:Win32/Distromatic and then click on Find Next button.
- Find all the related entries and delete them one by one
Warning: Meddling with Windows Registry files might not be a good idea if you don’t have advanced knowledge about registry files. Deleting the wrong file can break down your entire system. Proceed at your own risk, or just skip this step. You can choose the Automatic Removal method and avoid all the problems.
Remove PUA:Win32/Distromatic From MacOS
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open it.
- Find PUA:Win32/Distromatic related process, click cross button from upper left side corner to end task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen, click on Force Quit button.
Remove PUA:Win32/Distromatic From Application Folder
- First, go to Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find PUA:Win32/Distromatic or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Attention: If you are using a Mac computer, then it could be quite difficult to remove PUA:Win32/Distromatic from your mac. The best way is to download ComboCleaner Mac Anti-Malware and see if it can detect all hidden threats and viruses on your computer. It’s really super easy and you should give it a try.ComboCleaner Mac Antivirus allows you to scan your Mac for threats and viruses for free, but you will need to purchase a full license to remove found threats. Read EULA.
Remove PUA:Win32/Distromatic From Browser
Most of the time, threats like this make several changes to the browser which helps it to track victims’ online activities. It is important to completely remove PUA:Win32/Distromatic from the browser or it may come back. Follow below steps to remove this infection from your browser.
Delete Malicious Extensions From Browser
Many spyware now has browser hijacking capabilities to show ads, offers, alerts, notifications, or stealing the personal information of the victim. Follow below steps to remove malicious extensions from your browser.
Remove PUA:Win32/Distromatic From Google Chrome
Note : Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow below steps.
- Open Google Chrome browser, click the Menu (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select More tools then click on Extensions option to find all installed Extensions on chrome.
- Choose PUA:Win32/Distromatic related extensions then click the trash can () icon to remove completely.
Remove PUA:Win32/Distromatic From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in URL bar Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow below steps.
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons option from the drop-down menu of the list.
- Choose the Extensions option to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Choose PUA:Win32/Distromatic related extensions then click on Remove button.
Remove PUA:Win32/Distromatic From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option from the upper right corner.
- Select Extensions option from the drop-down menu to see extensions on your browser.
- Choose PUA:Win32/Distromatic related extensions then click on Uninstall button to remove it.
Remove PUA:Win32/Distromatic From Apple Safari
- Open Safari browser then tap on Preferences option from Safari menu.
- Open the Extensions tab, find PUA:Win32/Distromatic related extensions then click Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Remove PUA:Win32/Distromatic From Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer then click on Menu () from the upper right corner.
- Select manage Add-ons option from drop-down list to see installed extension.
- Find PUA:Win32/Distromatic related extensions and click on Disable button to remove it.
Reset Browser Setting to DefaultOnce you remove PUA:Win32/Distromatic from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by the virus. Follow below steps for that :
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select settings option.
- On Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, click Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option, and select (?) icon.
- Click on Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Reset MS Edge Browser
- Open MS Edge browser, click on More Tools (⋮) option, and select settings.
- Click on Choose what to clear Option, choose first three options then click on Clear button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open Safari browser, tap on Safari menu, and select Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on Reset button.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- Open Internet Explorer then click on Menu () icon and hit Internet options.
- Visit Advanced tab, click Reset button, check Delete personal settings option, and hit Reset button.
How to Enable Browser Protection
Follow the below steps to enable built-in dangerous site protection in your web browsers. You can follow the same steps if you want to stop the malware protection on your browser.
Google Chrome – Dangerous Sites Protection
- Open your Chrome web browser, type “chrome://settings” in the URL bar, and press Enter.
- Got to bottom of the page and select “Show advanced settings” option.
- Look for the Privacy and security section then click on Sync and Google services.
- Now turn on the Safe Browsing (Protect you and your device from dangerous sites) option.
Safari Browser – Change Security preferences in Safari
- Open your Safari web browser, then tap on the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- Now you have to open the Security options on your Safari browser.
- Check Warn When Visiting a Fraudulent website box from the Fraudulent Sites section.
Mozilla Firefox – Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
- Open your Firefox web browser, click on Menu (☰) and select Options from the list.
- Now click on the Security option and then select the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Edge Browser – Activate SmartScreen Filter
- Open your MS Edge web browser, click on More (⋮) icon from the upper right corner.
- Click on the Settings option from the Edge menu drop-down list.
- Scroll down and find View Advanced Settings option then open it.
- Turn ON the “help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Internet Explorer – Activate Microsoft SmartScreen Filter
- Open your IE web browser, then click on Menu () icon and hit Safety options.
- Now click on the SmartScreen Filter option from the drop-down list.
- Turn on SmartScreen Filter and restart your browser.
If you made these settings on your browser then phishing and malware protection on your browser is now active. But it does not mean that your computer cannot get infected by threats. These settings may block some dangerous and suspicious sites but there are other ways through which hackers can target your PC. So you must download a powerful Anti-Malware application on your computer that provides real-time protection to ensure your system security.
Tips To Prevent PUA:Win32/Distromatic Virus in Future
- Use a good anti-virus, be it a free version but don’t use cracked security programs.
- Make sure that your Windows firewall is active, so it can block upcoming threats.
- Keep your Windows OS and other programs updated to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Download updates only from official websites, don’t use suspicious sites.
- Never download and install pirated software, games, or illegal patches on your PC.
- Do not open spam emails from an unknown sender and scan all attachments before opening.
- Never download freeware third-party programs from unreliable sources or websites.
- Avoid connecting your PC to unsafe public Wi-Fi to protect your privacy.
- You can also use a VPN to spoof your connection and avoid malicious sites.
- Create a system restore point on your system for security purposes.
- Keep backup of all your important files to avoid data loss.