OptionSatellite is a potentially dangerous program that can do significant damage to your Mac. Due to its questionable distribution methods, it has been classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program). Cybercrooks primarily use such applications to spread fake pop-ups, warnings, messages, and advertisements on infected systems. They can also be used to spy on your online activities, steal your personal information, drop other harmful threats on your Mac, and so on. This guide helps you find and remove OptionSatellite virus from your Mac for free by following easy step-by-step instructions.
What is OptionSatellite
OptionSatellite is a malicious computer infection categorized as adware. This dubious infection is known for showing unwanted ads on the infected system to boost the traffic of dubious websites and generate illegal profit for its creators. It can hide deep into your machine and modify your system as well as browser settings without your knowledge. This threat will not allow you to easily reverse those changes and keep causing other problems. It can start several malicious processes in your system background that will drain most of your CPU resources and force your computer to behave sluggishly.
OptionSatellite can cause the slow speed of your system and a lagging browser that will completely destroy your browsing or computing experience. This dubious threat has the only motive to drive Internet traffic on its partner websites for which it earns a commission for its developers. It can disable your anti-virus and firewall security to avoid its detection and removal which also make your system an easy target for other threats and malware.
How does it work?
OptionSatellite has been considered a potentially harmful computer application that is designed to deliver unwanted ads on your web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and others. This nasty threat will infect your browser and modify its settings to show various types of ads on your web browsers like pop-up ads, coupons, text hyperlink ads, banners, offers, and many more. OptionSatellite Virus is deemed a very annoying Mac infection created by cybercriminals with the sole motive of harassing innocent users and earning illegal money with the help of deceptive online marketing tricks.
This cunning malware infection can install other harmful browser-helping objects like extensions or add-ons without the user’s permission to carry out its attack more prominently. It is hard to detect and remove this kind of infection because they create several types of malicious files and spread them at different locations on your machine. OptionSatellite can also create new registry entries on your system that help this infection in getting started automatically or even in getting back into your machine after removal.
OptionSatellite: Threat Analysis
How OptionSatellite infect your Mac?
There could be literally various ways through which your Mac could get infected by this nasty virus. Creators of this infection use different techniques to spread such malware online such as with the help of suspicious emails which bring malicious attachments. It could also spread through the help of freeware or shareware programs downloaded from unreliable sites. Visiting Torrent or Pornographic websites and sharing files on an unsafe network can also OptionSatellite on your Mac. Clicking on misleading ads that redirect your browser to unsafe websites can result in your Mac getting infected by such threats.
How it is harmful to your Mac?
- It can execute several risky programs s into your system background.
- Show lots of annoying and unwanted pop-up ads on your browser.
- It will redirect your web searches to malicious or risky websites.
- Install harmful and malicious browser extensions with your permission.
- Disable your anti-virus and firewall security to make your system vulnerable.
- Bring other threats to your system secretly from remote servers and phishing sites.
- Track your browser history and online activities to understand your browsing behavior.
- It will show targeted ads on your system to gain more hits and clicks.
- OptionSatellite can steal your sensitive information along with your financial data.
- It can share your details with hackers to use your info in illegal online activities.
How To Remove OptionSatellite
Automatic OptionSatellite Removal Guide
As you already know, OptionSatellite is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting into your system ever again.
So the best way to remove OptionSatellite effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It is a pretty advanced and effective Mac optimization tool that also provides 24X7 customer support. SpyHunter for Mac is the best app to ensure your Mac’s safety and keep it fast like new always. If you value your Mac then it is the most important application for you. Try this software once and you will never have to worry about any malware attacks.
How SpyHunter for Mac Works
- First, you will have to click on the below download button to get SpyHunter Mac Anti-malware.
- After the download, go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter For Mac Anti-Malware.
- Once the application is installed launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- The software will start running a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risks, and so on.
- Finally, you will see a list of malware detected on your mac, now click on the Next button to start the removal process.
Manual OptionSatellite Removal Guide
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open.
- Find OptionSatellite related process, and click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end the task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen and click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find OptionSatellite or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove Virus Related Files From Mac
When any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
Follow the below steps to remove virus related files from these locations:
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see the Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on the Go button.
- Find and remove any OptionSatellite related or malicious file.
Now follow the same process for Application Support and LaunchDaemons folders. But be careful, don’t delete any important files or you can break down your entire system.
Attention: Don’t go meddling around and deleting files that you don’t know about. Removing any wrong file may damage your Mac. So you are advised to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and run a thorough scan of your system for threats and viruses.
Remove Infection From Your Browser
Threats like OptionSatellite often install malicious extensions to the browser on the infected machine and make several unwanted changes to the browser settings. You might experience forced browser redirection, lots of annoying pop-up ads, and commercials on your browser due to this. You will need to remove the infection from your browser to put an end to such activities and block the regeneration of malware on your system.
Remove OptionSatellite From Apple Safari
- Launch the Safari browser on your Mac then click on the Safari menu and select the Preferences option from the drop-down list.
- Now to see the list of all installed extensions on your browser click on the Extensions tab.
- Find the virus related extension and click Uninstall button then again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Remove OptionSatellite From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press the ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Launch the Google Chrome browser on your Mac, then click the Menu (⋮) option that you can find in the upper right corner of your browser.
- Chrome drop-down menu will instantly appear, click on More tools then select the Extensions option to see all installed Extensions on your chrome.
- Find any virus related or suspicious extension then click the trash can icon to remove it completely.
Remove OptionSatellite From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in the URL bar of Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser on your Mac and then click on the Menu (☰) option which you can find in the upper right corner of the browser.
- You will see a drop-down menu instantly, click on the Add-ons option from that menu.
- On the left sidebar, you will see the Extensions option, click on it to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Look for any suspicious or potentially unwanted extension then click on the Remove button to get rid of it immediately.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
Once you remove the malicious extensions from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by them. Follow the below steps for that :
Reset Safari To Default
- Open your Safari browser, tap on the Safari menu and select the Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the settings option.
- On the Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, and click the Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Refresh Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option, and select the (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Once you are done with these settings hopefully your problem is solved. If not, then you can also always download the Mac Anti-virus Program mentioned in this article to get rid of all the threats and viruses automatically. You can also take some precautions to avoid similar malware attacks in the future. Follow the below steps to improve the security of your Mac system.