Search-location.com is a fake search engine considered harmful browser-based malware. It is designed to trick users through its appearance and drive traffic on sponsored sites for generating illegal revenue for its partners. Manipulating search results and showing unwanted ads that lead to forceful browser redirection on potentially harmful and phishing websites are some major activities of Search-location.com infection. If your Mac is infected by this threat then read this guide and follow the below instructions for immediate removal help.
What is Search-location.com?
Search-location.com Mac Virus is a suspicious search engine that allegedly hijacks your web browser like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, and so on. It continuously performs different malicious activities in the infected computer system. Developed by notorious cyber offenders, this troublesome malware application is capable enough to control your every bit of online activity. The sole motive of this Search-location.com infection is to promote sponsored sites in order to make some money for its affiliate authors. It presents itself as a legitimate and genuine search engine in your working web browser but there is nothing genuine about it.
This dubious threat manipulates the search results to drive traffic to its partner sites. Search-location.com browser hijacker generates its own search result and is also known to redirect users to various questionable websites. Search-location.com browser hijacker uses different deceptive tricks in order to infiltrate the targeted Mac machine such as email spoofing, software bundling, social engineering, network sharing, etc. Apart from this visiting unreliable sites, clicking unknown links, and many more.
However, once it manages to get installed in your system, it can contribute to serious destruction to the victimized computer system. Search-location.com changes all the crucial settings in your browser such as altering DNS settings, changing the default search engine, modifying the homepage, adding the malicious extension and supportive add-ons, and so on. Moreover, it creates a backdoor in your system which allows other malicious applications in your Mac system. Hence, it is recommended to remove Search-location.com browser hijacker as soon as possible from your computer system before it makes your PC completely useless.
How Search-location.com Virus Infiltrate Your PC
Search-location.com is a very cunning and silent malware. This nasty threat has lots of tricks through which it intrudes on targeted machines. It will sneak into your system without your permission or help. It mostly gets distributed through bundled free third-party programs, spam email attachments, suspicious webpages, malicious links, porn websites, fake software updates, and other tricks. Once getting inside your Mac, this notorious threat can easily make harmful changes to your system settings. Search-location.com virus is mainly created by hackers, so it can bring several problems for you. It can bring malicious threats and viruses to your computer without your knowledge.
Search-location.com: Threat Analysis
Harmful Effects of Search-location.com Virus
Search-location.com is not just a browser infection. It is a nasty malware that is aimed to make an illegal profit by poisoning search engine results. It will forcibly show lots of sponsored results on your computer and bombard your screen with lots of unwanted ads. This dubious infection will redirect your browser to unsafe websites. It can disable your anti-virus program to make your system an easy victim of other threats.
This fake search engine virus can also collect your sensitive information by tracking your browsing history. It can steal your banking details, credit card credentials, social media login passwords, GEO location, IP address, etc., and send them to hackers. So it is highly recommended to delete Search-location.com virus soon from your computer.
How To Remove Search-location.com
Automatic Search-location.com Removal Guide
As you already know, Search-location.com is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting into your system ever again.
So the best way to remove Search-location.com effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It is a pretty advanced and effective Mac optimization tool that also provides 24X7 customer support. SpyHunter for Mac is the best app to ensure your Mac’s safety and keep it fast like new always. If you value your Mac then it is the most important application for you. Try this software once and you will never have to worry about any malware attacks.
How SpyHunter for Mac Works
- First, you will have to click on the below download button to get SpyHunter Mac Anti-malware.
- After the download, go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter For Mac Anti-Malware.
- Once the application is installed launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- The software will start running a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risks, and so on.
- Finally, you will see a list of malware detected on your mac, now click on the Next button to start the removal process.
Manual Search-location.com Removal Guide
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open.
- Find Search-location.com related process, and click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end the task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen and click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find Search-location.com or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove Virus Related Files From Mac
When any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
Follow the below steps to remove virus related files from these locations:
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see the Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on the Go button.
- Find and remove any Search-location.com related or malicious file.
Now follow the same process for Application Support and LaunchDaemons folders. But be careful, don’t delete any important files or you can break down your entire system.
Attention: Don’t go meddling around and deleting files that you don’t know about. Removing any wrong file may damage your Mac. So you are advised to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and run a thorough scan of your system for threats and viruses.
Remove Infection From Your Browser
Threats like Search-location.com often install malicious extensions to the browser on the infected machine and make several unwanted changes to the browser settings. You might experience forced browser redirection, lots of annoying pop-up ads, and commercials on your browser due to this. You will need to remove the infection from your browser to put an end to such activities and block the regeneration of malware on your system.
Remove Search-location.com From Apple Safari
- Launch the Safari browser on your Mac then click on the Safari menu and select the Preferences option from the drop-down list.
- Now to see the list of all installed extensions on your browser click on the Extensions tab.
- Find the virus related extension and click Uninstall button then again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Remove Search-location.com From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press the ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Launch the Google Chrome browser on your Mac, then click the Menu (⋮) option that you can find in the upper right corner of your browser.
- Chrome drop-down menu will instantly appear, click on More tools then select the Extensions option to see all installed Extensions on your chrome.
- Find any virus related or suspicious extension then click the trash can icon to remove it completely.
Remove Search-location.com From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in the URL bar of Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser on your Mac and then click on the Menu (☰) option which you can find in the upper right corner of the browser.
- You will see a drop-down menu instantly, click on the Add-ons option from that menu.
- On the left sidebar, you will see the Extensions option, click on it to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Look for any suspicious or potentially unwanted extension then click on the Remove button to get rid of it immediately.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
Once you remove the malicious extensions from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by them. Follow the below steps for that :
Reset Safari To Default
- Open your Safari browser, tap on the Safari menu and select the Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the settings option.
- On the Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, and click the Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Refresh Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option, and select the (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Once you are done with these settings hopefully your problem is solved. If not, then you can also always download the Mac Anti-virus Program mentioned in this article to get rid of all the threats and viruses automatically. You can also take some precautions to avoid similar malware attacks in the future. Follow the below steps to improve the security of your Mac system.