SystemOptimization is a rogue application that causes lots of nuisance. It serves annoying pop-up ads and modifies browser settings. This nasty mac virus pretends to be a genuine application but it is far from it. This nasty app mainly promotes fake search engines, bogus apps, and phishing websites.
SystemOptimization claims to help users but it bombards the infected machine with tons of annoying ads. It intends to redistribute the web traffic on low-quality websites to make illegal profits. It is not safe to have this unwanted application on your Mac. This nasty adware could risk your system security and privacy.
What is SystemOptimization?
SystemOptimization is a potentially unwanted program categorized as Adware. It is a malicious program that can bombard your browser with lots of annoying advertisements. It may present itself as a useful program but it silently gets installed on your Mac without permission. This annoying adware infection is not meant to help users at all. The primary feature of this app is third-party ads on your Mac, forcing you to visit unknown websites and download unwanted programs.
SystemOptimization is created by cyber experts with the sole motive of monetization using illegal tricks. It is very much likely that you don’t have any idea how this infection got onto your system. This is why it will be more tricky to remove this threat from your Mac. It can hide deep inside your machine and start a series of harmful activities. It can also take control of your main browsers such as Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and others.
Working of SystemOptimization on Mac
SystemOptimization virus can also install some malicious Browser extensions or BHO without your consent. You will start getting lots of ads on your Mac while browsing the Internet for no reason. It will completely downgrade your Mac speed and browsing experience. It can also change your default home with some custom search engine that will flood your searches with bogus and inappropriate results.
This threat can also cause frequent redirection of your browser on unsafe and malicious websites that can lead to further problems. This nasty threat is only interested in driving more and more web traffic to its partner sites to promote their dubious schemes to earn a commission for its creators.
SystemOptimization: Threat Analysis
How did your Mac get infected?
SystemOptimization virus mostly gets distributed via freeware programs, spam links, porn sites, and fake updates. It can easily get installed on the targeted Mac machine without the permission or knowledge of the users. Similar threats such as browser hijackers and redirect malware could also bring this infection to your mac without your permission.
You must be very careful while downloading any app from unknown websites. Freeware software creators often allow bundling of other programs to earn a commission. A spammy program will earn a commission to bring other infections on your machine. You must also keep an eye on unwanted browser redirections and pop-ups flashing out on your computer while browsing Internet. They often redirect your browser to harmful sites that trigger malware download automatically.
Why it is dangerous for your Mac?
SystemOptimization infection is able to block your Internet security. This PUP can trick your firewall program and hide in your machine. It can also bring more threats to your Mac by accessing a remote server. It mostly redirects your browser to low-quality websites which are full of new threats and malware that can infect your system. This threat can create fake registry keys for its automatic start-ups and regeneration after removal.
This dubious threat is able to spy on your online activities to gather sensitive information. It can steal your login ID, password, credit card details, etc., and send those details to hackers. This app also tracks your browsing pattern to show ads related to your surfing habits for ensuring more clicks. It can also create safe passage on your machine for other threats and viruses. It is very important to remove SystemOptimization virus from your Mac as early as possible.
How To Remove SystemOptimization
Automatic SystemOptimization Removal Guide
As you already know, SystemOptimization is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting into your system ever again.
So the best way to remove SystemOptimization effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It is a pretty advanced and effective Mac optimization tool that also provides 24X7 customer support. SpyHunter for Mac is the best app to ensure your Mac’s safety and keep it fast like new always. If you value your Mac then it is the most important application for you. Try this software once and you will never have to worry about any malware attacks.
How SpyHunter for Mac Works
- First, you will have to click on the below download button to get SpyHunter Mac Anti-malware.
- After the download, go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter For Mac Anti-Malware.
- Once the application is installed launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- The software will start running a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risks, and so on.
- Finally, you will see a list of malware detected on your mac, now click on the Next button to start the removal process.
Manual SystemOptimization Removal Guide
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open.
- Find SystemOptimization related process, and click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end the task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen and click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find SystemOptimization or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove Virus Related Files From Mac
When any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
Follow the below steps to remove virus related files from these locations:
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see the Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on the Go button.
- Find and remove any SystemOptimization related or malicious file.
Now follow the same process for Application Support and LaunchDaemons folders. But be careful, don’t delete any important files or you can break down your entire system.
Attention: Don’t go meddling around and deleting files that you don’t know about. Removing any wrong file may damage your Mac. So you are advised to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and run a thorough scan of your system for threats and viruses.
Remove Infection From Your Browser
Threats like SystemOptimization often install malicious extensions to the browser on the infected machine and make several unwanted changes to the browser settings. You might experience forced browser redirection, lots of annoying pop-up ads, and commercials on your browser due to this. You will need to remove the infection from your browser to put an end to such activities and block the regeneration of malware on your system.
Remove SystemOptimization From Apple Safari
- Launch the Safari browser on your Mac then click on the Safari menu and select the Preferences option from the drop-down list.
- Now to see the list of all installed extensions on your browser click on the Extensions tab.
- Find the virus related extension and click Uninstall button then again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Remove SystemOptimization From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press the ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Launch the Google Chrome browser on your Mac, then click the Menu (⋮) option that you can find in the upper right corner of your browser.
- Chrome drop-down menu will instantly appear, click on More tools then select the Extensions option to see all installed Extensions on your chrome.
- Find any virus related or suspicious extension then click the trash can icon to remove it completely.
Remove SystemOptimization From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in the URL bar of Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser on your Mac and then click on the Menu (☰) option which you can find in the upper right corner of the browser.
- You will see a drop-down menu instantly, click on the Add-ons option from that menu.
- On the left sidebar, you will see the Extensions option, click on it to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Look for any suspicious or potentially unwanted extension then click on the Remove button to get rid of it immediately.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
Once you remove the malicious extensions from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by them. Follow the below steps for that :
Reset Safari To Default
- Open your Safari browser, tap on the Safari menu and select the Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the settings option.
- On the Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, and click the Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Refresh Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option, and select the (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Once you are done with these settings hopefully your problem is solved. If not, then you can also always download the Mac Anti-virus Program mentioned in this article to get rid of all the threats and viruses automatically. You can also take some precautions to avoid similar malware attacks in the future. Follow the below steps to improve the security of your Mac system.