Search-alpha.com is a harmful infection that can do major damage to your Mac system. It is a browser-based malware infection that hijacks your main browser and alters its settings to make an illegal profit. Changes made by this infection put your Mac security at risk and affect the speed and performance of the machine. It is a fake search engine which means that it cannot produce any real search results but only redirect your browser to suspicious sites. Learn how to remove Search-alpha.com virus from your Mac for free by following easy step-by-step instructions.
What is Search-alpha.com
Search-alpha.com is a notorious computer infection deemed as a harmful browser hijacker virus. It is a dangerous PC threat that can change the homepage and search engine of your browser without your consent. It will flood your browser with many sponsored results, ads, pop-ups, and banners that will redirect your browser. Search-alpha.com virus is able to attack all famous web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, IE, Opera, and others. This notorious threat is created by hackers to make illegal profits online.
It will pretend like a genuine search engine and claim to enhance your web browsing experience. Search-alpha.com virus will completely destroy your web surfing by frequent browser redirection and lots of annoying advertisements. It will make your system slow and freezing all the time. It has only the motive to drive more and more web traffic on its sponsored websites by showing unwanted ads and redirecting users’ web searches for making an illegal profit for its creators.
Working of Search-alpha.com on Mac
Search-alpha.com is a dangerous threat that may look like any other search engine but is not harmless. It might not corrupt your files or encrypt your data for ransom money, but it is showing ads on your system for nothing. Every malware has its own technique for making money and this one prey on your web browsing habits and online activities. It may seem that Search-alpha.com is a harmless program that only shows some ads or redirects the browser, but it could turn ugly very fast.
It will redirect your browser to malicious websites used by hackers to spread threats like Trojans, Ransomware, worms, rootkits, and other dangerous viruses. This type of threat is more dangerous as they do not look very much harmful but they can damage your entire system over time without your knowledge. Search-alpha.com is a malicious program that has no usefulness to you and it does not enhance any kind of system or browsing experience. It is better to get rid of such threats when it is still settling on your machine rather than waiting for some bigger damage to happen.
How does it infect your Mac?
Search-alpha.com mostly intrudes on your Mac through bundled freeware programs that are available for free download on the Internet. Malware creators often use this method to embed malicious programs that secretly get installed on users’ systems without even asking for permission. Spam emails are also another well-known method of malware distribution along with, torrent or porn websites. Downloading pirated software or shareware programs, and clicking on misleading ads or links could also bring such infections to your Mac.
Search-alpha.com: Threat Analysis
How harmful it is to your Mac?
Once getting installed on your machine, Search-alpha.com can start making several modifications to your system settings. It will install a bunch of new extensions on your browser, and make changes to the homepage, search engine, cookies & privacy settings. Forcibly redirect your browser to suspicious sites and start showing lots of ads, pop-ups, warnings, messages, offers, and other advertisements. Search-alpha.com will also start spying on your online activities to collect your personal information including your login details, social media account passwords, credit card information, GEO locations, browsing preferences, and much more.
Search-alpha.com can also bring more threats to your system. It can disable your anti-virus and firewall program due to which you will not be able to block or remove those threats. It has the main motive to make a profit for its creators by promoting its partner websites. This nasty threat earns a commission for every referral made by this nasty infection. It can share your sensitive information with hackers who can use your data for illegal activities for making an illegal profit and risk your privacy. So it is advised to remove Search-alpha.com virus soon from your computer.
How To Remove Search-alpha.com
Automatic Search-alpha.com Removal Guide
As you already know, Search-alpha.com is a notorious and cunning malware that is not hard to remove easily by any user through manual means. This virus can keep coming back on the infected computer through files and shortcuts or settings that it has already created on your machine. Removing all those at once is the only way to get rid of this infection and stop it from getting into your system ever again.
So the best way to remove Search-alpha.com effectively is to use a powerful Automatic Removal Tool and save your time and efforts. This software is a well-trusted and very powerful anti-malware program that can detect all hidden threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Worms, Spyware, Rootkits, and many others. It is a pretty advanced and effective Mac optimization tool that also provides 24X7 customer support. SpyHunter for Mac is the best app to ensure your Mac’s safety and keep it fast like new always. If you value your Mac then it is the most important application for you. Try this software once and you will never have to worry about any malware attacks.
How SpyHunter for Mac Works
- First, you will have to click on the below download button to get SpyHunter Mac Anti-malware.
- After the download, go to the Download Folder from the Docs and Install the SpyHunter For Mac Anti-Malware.
- Once the application is installed launch the Program, and click on Start Scan Now button.
- The software will start running a full scan of your mac instantly to look for any malware, virus, threats, malicious programs or security risks, and so on.
- Finally, you will see a list of malware detected on your mac, now click on the Next button to start the removal process.
Manual Search-alpha.com Removal Guide
Stop Malicious Program From Activity Monitor
- First, you need to open Utilities folder on your Mac system.
- Find the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it to open.
- Find Search-alpha.com related process, and click the cross button from the upper left side corner to end the task.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on the screen and click on the Force Quit button.
Remove Virus From Application Folder
- First, go to the Dock option (bottom of your screen) then click on Finder App.
- Now you have to open the Applications Folders to see all the programs.
- Find Search-alpha.com or any other unwanted program then move it to Trash.
Remove Virus Related Files From Mac
When any program is installed on your Mac, it creates several files on your system that support the functioning of that application. If you need to remove any virus from your Mac, then you need to delete all related files completely. These files could be found at :
- Application Support
Follow the below steps to remove virus related files from these locations:
- First of all press the Command+Shift+G buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now you can see the Go To Folder option on your Mac screen.
- Type in /Library/LaunchAgents in the text field and click on the Go button.
- Find and remove any Search-alpha.com related or malicious file.
Now follow the same process for Application Support and LaunchDaemons folders. But be careful, don’t delete any important files or you can break down your entire system.
Attention: Don’t go meddling around and deleting files that you don’t know about. Removing any wrong file may damage your Mac. So you are advised to download SpyHunter Mac Anti-Malware and run a thorough scan of your system for threats and viruses.
Remove Infection From Your Browser
Threats like Search-alpha.com often install malicious extensions to the browser on the infected machine and make several unwanted changes to the browser settings. You might experience forced browser redirection, lots of annoying pop-up ads, and commercials on your browser due to this. You will need to remove the infection from your browser to put an end to such activities and block the regeneration of malware on your system.
Remove Search-alpha.com From Apple Safari
- Launch the Safari browser on your Mac then click on the Safari menu and select the Preferences option from the drop-down list.
- Now to see the list of all installed extensions on your browser click on the Extensions tab.
- Find the virus related extension and click Uninstall button then again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Remove Search-alpha.com From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press the ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Launch the Google Chrome browser on your Mac, then click the Menu (⋮) option that you can find in the upper right corner of your browser.
- Chrome drop-down menu will instantly appear, click on More tools then select the Extensions option to see all installed Extensions on your chrome.
- Find any virus related or suspicious extension then click the trash can icon to remove it completely.
Remove Search-alpha.com From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in the URL bar of Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser on your Mac and then click on the Menu (☰) option which you can find in the upper right corner of the browser.
- You will see a drop-down menu instantly, click on the Add-ons option from that menu.
- On the left sidebar, you will see the Extensions option, click on it to see all installed extensions on your browser.
- Look for any suspicious or potentially unwanted extension then click on the Remove button to get rid of it immediately.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
Once you remove the malicious extensions from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by them. Follow the below steps for that :
Reset Safari To Default
- Open your Safari browser, tap on the Safari menu and select the Reset Safari option.
- Now check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser
- Open Google Chrome, click on Menu (⋮) then select the settings option.
- On the Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, and click the Show Advanced settings option.
- From Reset and clean up click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Refresh Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser, click on Menu (☰) option, and select the (?) icon.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information option from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the Refresh Firefox button and give confirmation.
Once you are done with these settings hopefully your problem is solved. If not, then you can also always download the Mac Anti-virus Program mentioned in this article to get rid of all the threats and viruses automatically. You can also take some precautions to avoid similar malware attacks in the future. Follow the below steps to improve the security of your Mac system.