A.E.S.R.T Ransomware is a notorious data-locker virus designed to encrypt data on the targeted PC. It demands ransom for the decryption of files after encrypting them. In our research, we found that this malware is an independent threat with no ties to any ransomware families.
You can identify this threat by the “.AESRT” extension at the end of the filenames. For an instance, if a file named “1.jpg” gets encrypted, it would become “1.jpg.AESRT”. Upon file encryption, this virus leaves the ransom message to demand money for the decryptor. Read this guide to know how to remove A.E.S.R.T Ransomware and restore your files.
What is A.E.S.R.T Ransomware?
A.E.S.R.T Ransomware is a very violent and nasty computer malware. It is a disastrous PC threat that belongs to the fie-encrypting virus community. It can intrude any Windows machine including XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, and the latest Windows 11. Once inside your computer, A.E.S.R.T Ransomware can conduct endless malignant activities that will downgrade your system performance. This notorious malware virus can easily alter your computer settings and disable your security-related programs.
This A.E.S.R.T Ransomware can encrypt all your data using a powerful encryption algorithm and make them inaccessible. It will also add its own extension to the end of all your file names to mark them encrypted. Upon successful encoding of your data, it will also leave a ransom note on your computer to explain the decryption method and demand ransom money. Whenever you will try to open your files, A.E.S.R.T Ransomware will show an error message and ask you to pay the ransom to get the decryption code.
When you will open the ransom note left by A.E.S.R.T Ransomware, you will find out that your data is encrypted to cheat money from you. Hackers behind this infection will ask that your files are encrypted through a powerful algorithm and can only be unlocked through a private decryption key generated for your system. You will be asked to contact the hackers about the ransom amount and proof of decryption code. They may offer to decrypt some of your files for free to show that your files can get recovered once you pay the extortion fee and buy the decryption code.
A.E.S.R.T Ransomware spread through different tricks
A.E.S.R.T Ransomware is a dangerous malware that mostly spread through spam emails with malicious attachments. Your system could also get infected by this virus when you download freeware programs, cracked software, or illegal patches from low-quality websites. This dubious threat could also slip into your machine when you visit porn or torrent websites on regular basis. Misleading ads that redirect your browser to shady websites could also result in the download of A.E.S.R.T Ransomware on your computer because hackers often use those phishing sites to spread malware.
You should always be careful while using the Internet because it is full of crooks who are looking to violate other people’s privacy and make illegal profits by any means necessary. This A.E.S.R.T Ransomware is a dangerous threat that is designed to force users into paying money for getting access to their own files. It is a very cruel and illegal process which is why you should not compromise with hackers so that they will not think of doing this again.
A.E.S.R.T Ransomware: Threat Analysis
Is Data Recovery possible?
Recovering files encrypted by A.E.S.R.T Ransomware could be very tricky but you don’t need to pay hefty ransom money to hackers. You can use your recent backup files to restore your data but for that, you will need to remove this infection or it will keep encrypting your files. If you don’t have any backup then you can use data recovery software which is also a very good option.
You can also store your A.E.S.R.T Ransomware encrypted files on any cloud server and wait for any free decryptor to be released so that you can recover your files without paying ransom fees. Reinstalling the Windows or formatting your computer will eliminate any chances of recovering your files, so don’t do it instead use a powerful anti-malware application to remove this infection completely from your system. You are advised to follow the below guide to permanently remove A.E.S.R.T Ransomware and recover your files safely.
Removal Tips for A.E.S.R.T Ransomware infection
Now, the first thing you need to know is to remove A.E.S.R.T Ransomware from your computer. It is not an easy task to delete the file-encrypting malware from an infected PC. This kind of threat normally tends to create several malicious copies of its source file at different locations. It can also modify windows registry entries and host files to get back automatically on the system. You should combine the Manual and Automatic Removal processes to get rid of this infection completely. We have created a detailed guide for you that can help you in the removal process. Using Anti-Malware Software is the best and safest way to easily remove A.E.S.R.T Ransomware and ensure that it will not get back on your PC.
How To Remove A.E.S.R.T Ransomware
Automatic A.E.S.R.T Ransomware Removal Guide
It can be hectic to remove threats from an infected PC but the use of powerful Anti-Malware can make it quite easy. SpyHunter anti-malware can help you to remove Trojan, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily. You can scan your system for A.E.S.R.T Ransomware and all other hidden threats at once. All you need to do is to download this software and run a new scan on your PC.
It will find all the threats and viruses in no time and save you lots of time and effort. This amazing software also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware definition updates make it most effective against the latest attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- You will begin by downloading the software on your system for which you have to click on the below download button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the Anti-Malware program on your PC and proceed with the setup.
- After installation, you will need to launch the Anti-Malware application. From the welcome screen click on the Start Scan Now button to initiate a new scan of your PC.
- Once the scanning process begins, it will take some time to run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and find all hidden threats and malware.
- Soon you will find a complete list of all the threats on your system screen. Then you will need to click on the Next button to delete all the viruses.
How To Decrypt A.E.S.R.T Ransomware Files
As there is no A.E.S.R.T Ransomware decryptor available, you will need to use alternate options to restore your files. The first one is to use the backup. If you have created a backup of your important files then it is going to be quite easy. However, if you don’t have any backup files or they also got encrypted by the virus then you will have to try a data recovery software.
We recommend using Stellar Data Recovery software because it is a powerful and trusted data recovery software. Paying ransom money is not ideal because it will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks. You can wait for any free decryptor to be launched but it can take forever. Download the free trial version of data recovery and scan your PC for files. It may be able to recover some of your files and save you lots of money.
- Click on the below download button to get started instantly with the data recovery process on your PC.
- After the download click on the installer file and complete the software installation. Then launch the application and select the Data type to recover, and click the Next button.
- After the selection of data, you will need to select the location from where you want to recover data. Choose the location and then click on the Scan button.
- The software will take some time to scan your system. You will see a list of all the files that can be recovered. You can preview them or click on the Recover button to save them.
Manual A.E.S.R.T Ransomware Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Click on the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Windows Run Box.
- Now you will need to type in MSConfig and then click the OK button.
- The System configuration settings box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Boot tab, check the Safe Boot option, and select the network box,
- Finally, you will have to click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Open the Windows Rub box again on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- This time you will have to type in taskmgr and then click the OK button to open Windows Task Manager. Look for any unknown or malicious running on your system.
- Select the process which is taking lots of systems resources and then click on the End Task button.
Uninstall A.E.S.R.T Ransomware from Control Panel
- Again you will need to open the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- This time you need to open the Windows Control Panel, so type in appwiz.cpl and then click the OK button.
- Programs and Features windows will appear on your computer screen with a list of all the installed applications.
- Now you need to look for any unknown or virus related program and then Uninstall it from your PC.
Remove A.E.S.R.T Ransomware From Registry Editor
- Again open the Windows Run Box on your PC by using the Windows and R keys.
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, type in Regedit and click the OK button.
- Now you will have to find the virus related registry files and remove them.
- Press CTRL and F keys together on the keyboard to start a Find query.
- Type the virus name and click on Find Next button to find malicious entries and delete them.
Remove Malicious IP addresses from Windows Hosts Files
- To open the Windows hosts file, simply press the Windows and R keys together on the keyboard.
- Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Now you will need to access the Windows hosts file using Notepad.
- Most threats add malicious IP addresses here to automatically connect to remote servers.
- Delete all the malicious IP addresses below the localhost and save the file.
Delete Virus related files from your PC
When malware infects your system, it normally creates several malicious files and spread them at different locations. After you remove the malware, these leftover files help them to get back to your computer. Remove all virus related files at once by following the below instruction :
- Open the Windows Run Box again by using the Windows and R keys together.
- Now you will open the below paths one by one using the Run Box and remove malicious files.
For the first four options, look for any recent folder related to the A.E.S.R.T Ransomware and remove them. For the Temp folder, you can delete all the files at once. Use Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys together for permanent removal.
Remove A.E.S.R.T Ransomware via system restore
- You will again need the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- Open the Command Prompt by typing in cmd and then clicking the OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- The System Restore window will get opened instantly then click on the Next button.
- Choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click the Next button.
- Finally, when you will hit the Yes button, the system restoration process with start immediately.
Note: System restore to remove a virus will only work if you have a restore point set on your PC. Otherwise, no changes will be made to your system and it will not remove any threats. Be advised, restoring the computer to a previous version does not always guarantee virus removal. Most viruses delete restore points, so don’t get disappointed if this trick does not work for you.