Cleardating.top is a deceptive website that shows bogus pop-ups with intention of luring innocent users into allowing its push notifications. It pretends to load a video and asks users to click on “Allow” button to watch the content. However, it is a trick to get your consent for modifying the browser setting to show unwanted popup ads on your computer. Read this guide to know more about this threat and how to remove it from your PC.
What is Cleardating.top
Cleardating.top is a dangerous virus infection categorized as a redirect virus. This obnoxious threat is perilous computer malware created and distributed by hackers. This nasty infection can easily attack your Windows-based computer and hijack your browser. It is able to assail all famous and mostly used browsers like Google Chrome, IE, MS Edge, Firefox, Opera, and others.
Once getting inside, it will make several unwanted and harmful changes to your system settings. Cleardating.top virus will modify your browser homepage and search settings. It will start showing lots of fake ads and redirect pop-ups on your computer screen. It is mainly aimed to boost the traffic of its partner websites to earn a commission for its creators. This dubious threat will completely degrade your web browsing experience. It can corrupt your entire system in a very few time.
How does your PC get infected?
Cleardating.top virus mostly intrudes on your PC through spam emails, bundled freeware, malicious sites, suspicious links, and network file sharing. Once infecting your PC, it will also disable your anti-virus and firewall security. This brutal redirect virus can also modify Internet permissions and change DNS settings. It can inject its malign codes into the registry editor for its auto start-up.
This nasty virus will bombard your desktop with lots of annoying advertisements. It will also prohibit you from visiting your favorite websites. It regularly redirects your browser to malicious web pages where you can get more viruses.
Working of Cleardating.top Virus
Threats like Cleardating.top virus may also use social engineering attacks like asking you to allow the notification to verify whether you are human or not. these kinds of scams are becoming more and more popular these days. Malicious domains like this open a new redirect on your browser asking you to verify that you are not a robot but in reality, it is tricking you to allow this infection to send pop-up ads and notifications on your system.
In this way, this nasty Cleardating.top virus will get access to your browser very easily and authority to modify your browser cookie settings. It will further make various unwanted changes to your system and browser which will be very hard to reverse manually. Those abrupt changes help this threat keep getting on the infected machine and users don’t get any idea how this infection always comes back after removal.
Cleardating.top: Threat Analysis
Redirect Virus is a privacy risk
Cleardating.top virus can get full access to your browser without your permission or approval. It can manipulate your web browsing and track all your online activities. This virus can also steal your personal information such as frequently visited sites, saved passwords, credit card details, IP addresses, Geo-location, and many more. Those details can be used to show targeted ads on your PC and can also be sold to other hackers.
Your privacy is completely compromised here and you might also become a victim of cyber fraud. It can create loopholes in your system and make your PC an easy target for other viruses. You are advised to remove this virus soon from your computer and reset all the changes made by this noxious virus on your system.
Harmful Effects of Cleardating.top Virus
- It silently alters your computer and hijacks your browser.
- Show lots of unwanted and annoying redirect pop-ups.
- This infection can bring lots of harmful threats and viruses.
- It can disable your security-related programs.
- Make your computer an easy target for other threats.
- It can steal your secret details and send them to hackers.
- This dubious threat can risk your system’s security and privacy.
How To Remove Cleardating.top
Remove Cleardating.top with SpyHunter
Removing threats and viruses manually from a computer can be hectic but SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware can make this task much simpler. It can help you find and delete all kinds of threats like Trojans, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily from your PC. You just have to install the application and run a new scan on your PC.
It will easily find Cleardating.top virus and all other hidden threats and remove them efficiently in no time. You will also get 24X7 customer support and Custom Malware removal via one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support. SpyHunter can block threats in real time via its advanced System Guard feature. It is compatible with your anti-virus application and fills the security gaps to provide the best protection.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you will need to download the SpyHunter Installer on your computer. The below download button will take you to the download page in a new tab, so this guide will be still accessible to you.
- The SpyHunter-Installer.exe file will get downloaded on your PC. Run the installer via a double-click to start the installation and follow the instructions to complete the setup.
- Launch SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware after the installation if it does not automatically starts. Now you will have to click on the Start Scan Now button to detect all hidden threats and viruses on your PC.
- Once you start scanning your system, wait for a few minutes. The software will run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and give you a detailed report of all the threats found on your PC.
- After the scan, a complete list of all threats will be shown to you. Finally, you will just have to click on the Next button to immediately remove all the threats at once.
Uninstall Cleardating.top from Control Panel
- First, you need to press and hold the Windows key and then hit the R button.
- Soon you will see the Windows Run Box on your computer screen.
- Now type or copy-paste appwiz.cpl in the run box and click the OK button.
- You will see the Programs and Features windows with a list of all installed applications.
- Find any unknown or suspicious app related to the virus and then press the Uninstall button.
Remove Cleardating.top From Browser
This threat tricks users into allowing push notifications by altering the browser settings. You need to reverse the changes made by this infection to stop those unwanted pop-up ads and redirects.
It will take some doing but very much possible. However, if you are using the Anti-Malware application, it will be done automatically. But still, we have created a detailed manual guide and the below steps can help you reverse the browser settings.
- Go to the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the (⋮) icon from the upper right corner of the browser.
- Press on the Settings button from the right-side drop-down menu.
- Choose the Privacy and Security option from the left sidebar on the settings page.
- Now click on the Site Settings option and then open the Notifications tab.
- Here you can see the list of websites showing pop-up ads on your browser.
- Find the malicious website causing trouble, click on the (⋮) icon next to it and press the Remove button.
- Access the Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the (☰) icon from the upper right corner of firefox.
- You will see a drop-down menu there, click on the Settings option.
- Click on Privacy & Security from the left sidebar on the settings page.
- Scroll down and open the Notifications settings option on this page.
- A list of all websites with permission to show notifications on your browser will appear here.
- Select the malicious website and click on the Remove Website button.
- Open the MS Edge menu by clicking on the (…) icon from the upper right corner of the edge browser.
- A drop-down menu will show on the right side of your browser instantly.
- Scroll down and look for the Settings option and click on it.
- Click on the Cookies and site permissions option from the left sidebar.
- Open the Notifications option to see the sites causing trouble.
- Find the malicious website, click on (…) icon and press the Remove button.
- You can do the same process with the Pop-ups and redirect settings also.
- Open Safari Menu by clicking on the Safari button from the top left side right next to the apple icon.
- The browser settings menu will appear as a drop-down list instantly.
- You will have to click on the Preferences option from the list.
- Open the Website tab and then click on the Notifications option on the left side.
- You will see the list of all the websites showing notifications on this page.
- Now select the malicious site and click on the Remove button.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
You should also reset your browser settings to default after removing the Cleardating.top virus. Follow the below steps to undo all the changes made by the virus to your browser settings:
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome’s Menu (⋮) from the upper right corner as explained earlier.
- Find and click on the Reset and Clean up option from the left menu.
- Press the Restore settings to their original defaults option.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your browser.
Refresh Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox Menu (☰) from the upper right corner as explained above.
- You will again see the drop-down menu on the right side of your browser.
- Press the Help option from the list to open the Firefox help menu.
- Now click on the More troubleshooting information option.
- Finally hit the Refresh Firefox button to reset your browser settings.
Reset MS Edge Browser
- Click on the More Tools (…) option on Microsoft Edge from the upper right corner.
- A drop-down menu will instantly appear on your browser screen.
- Find and click on the Settings option from the Edge drop-down menu.
- Click on the Reset Settings option from the left side menu.
- Hit the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Finally, press the Reset button if your browser asks for permission.
Reset Safari Browser
- Click on the Safari menu from the top of the browser right next to the Apple logo.
- You will see a drop-down menu right there when you will click on the Safari menu.
- Click on the Clear History and Website Data option from the menu.
- A new dialogue box will appear saying Clearing will remove history, cookies, and other website data.
- Finally, click on the Clear History button to clear all the data and reset your browser settings.
Your browser will get back to its default settings once you perform the above steps to reset your browser. Rest assured it will not delete your saved passwords or bookmarks. All the unwanted pop-ups and browser redirections should stop now.