ESCANOR Ransomware is a newly detected computer malware that encrypts users’ files on infected PC. It harasses its victims by taking their files hostage and demands a ransom to decrypt their data. This nasty threat uses a powerful encryption algorithm to make all the files inaccessible on the infected computer system.
It renames files after encryption by appending the “.ESCANOR” extension to filenames. For example, a file “picture.jpg” will get converted into “picture.jpg.ESCANOR” after the attack. ESCANOR File Virus creates the ransom note “HELP_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES.txt” and forces victims to pay the Ransom money to buy the decryption software. This guide can help you remove ESCANOR virus and restore your files.
What is ESCANOR Ransomware?
ESCANOR is a nasty file-encrypting virus. It is a new crypto-malware that secretly gets into your machine and encrypts all your data. After successful encryption, it adds its malicious file extension to all your infected files. This dubious threat is able to infect all types of system files including videos, images, audios, word documents, excel, ppt, pdf, and many more.
This nasty .ESCANOR File Virus mainly wants to make an illegal profit by taking users’ files hostage. It demands money in return for the decryptor which can allegedly restore encrypted files. This virus uses various tricks to sneak into the targeted machine. Once inside, it can make several unwanted and harmful changes to the system settings. it can disable your anti-virus and firewall security.
ESCANOR virus will not let you access your data until you pay the ransom fees. The ransom note left on your computer will ask you to contact attackers. It will suggest that you do not rename or modify the extension, it will corrupt the data. You must not contact the cybercriminals and do not pay the ransom money. Take a backup of encrypted files on a cloud drive and begin the virus removal process instantly.
How ESCANOR Virus infects your PC?
Threat like .ESCANOR Virus uses various tricks to sneak past the security programs active on the targeted computers. Cybercriminals mostly embed these kinds of malicious infections into free third-party programs. It is not wise to download freeware applications from unreliable websites. Always choose the custom or Advanced installation option to avoid such hidden infection.
Do not open any spam email from an unknown sender and do not open any attachments without scanning for viruses. Cybercrooks like to send fake emails to deliver threats like ESCANOR virus directly to the inbox of the potential victims for more success. Downloading cracked software or games, browsing porn or torrent sites, and installing illegal patches and fake software updates can also bring harmful threats to your computer.
ESCANOR Ransomware: Threat Analysis
File Encryption and Ransom Demand
ESCANOR Virus uses a very powerful encryption algorithm like RSA/AES. It is very hard to break such encryption without a proper decryption key. Ransomware attackers show no mercy when it comes to extracting money from victims. Once your computer is infected by this virus and it has successfully encrypted your data, you can no longer access any of the information on your PC.
You will need to decrypt all your files before you start using them again. ESCANOR File Virus demands a huge sum of money for the decryption key. It leaves a ransom note on the infected computer with instructions to pay the extortion fees. Victims can find all the details about how to pay money or when to pay and how much to pay. Attackers normally demand ransom money through Bitcoin which is a cryptocurrency and cannot be tracked.
Ransom note “HELP_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES.txt” contains the following instructions:
Oops All Of your important files were encrypted Like document pictures videos etc.. Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files, documents, photos, databases and other important files are encrypted by a strong encryption. How to recover files? RSA is a asymmetric cryptographic algorithm, you need one key for encryption and one key for decryption so you need private key to recover your files. It’s not possible to recover your files without private key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase an unique private key.Only we can give you this key and only we can recover your files. What guarantees you have? As evidence, you can send us 1 file to decrypt by email We will send you a recovery file Prove that we can decrypt your file Please You must follow these steps carefully to decrypt your files: Send $980 worth of bitcoin to wallet: js97xc025fwviwhdg53gla97xc025fwv after payment,we will send you Decryptor software contact email: hxxp://www.escanor-re.com/ Your personal ID: -
Do not pay the Ransom amount
If you are thinking that you can get your files back by paying off hackers then it is a mistake. They are mainly interested in your money and then have no incentive to decrypt your files once you pay them. You cannot trace the man behind this infection, you have no idea who is getting the money and you have no way to force the culprit to decrypt your files if they don’t want to.
There is no point in trusting Ransomware threats like ESCANOR, Tuow, Tury, Tuis, etc. after they encrypted your files. Most ransomware victims get cheated by criminals and lose their money and files. You need to get rid of this virus completely and then try to recover your files through alternative methods.
Removing .ESCANOR File Virus will not decrypt your files, but it will prevent any further damage. You can restore your data through backup. If you don’t have any backup files, then you can use data recovery software. Most ransomware victims got success using this idea and were able to recover most of their files.
How To Remove ESCANOR File Virus
Automatic ESCANOR Virus Removal Guide
It can be hectic to remove threats from an infected PC but the use of powerful Anti-Malware can make it quite easy. SpyHunter anti-malware can help you to remove Trojan, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily. You can scan your system for ESCANOR virus and all other hidden threats at once. All you need to do is to download this software and run a new scan on your PC.
It will find all the threats and viruses in no time and save you lots of time and effort. This amazing software also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware definition updates make it most effective against the latest attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- You will begin by downloading the software on your system for which you have to click on the below download button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the Anti-Malware program on your PC and proceed with the setup.
- After installation, you will need to launch the Anti-Malware application. From the welcome screen click on the Start Scan Now button to initiate a new scan of your PC.
- Once the scanning process begins, it will take some time to run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and find all hidden threats and malware.
- Soon you will find a complete list of all the threats on your system screen. Then you will need to click on the Next button to delete all the viruses.
How To Decrypt .ESCANOR Files
As there is no ESCANOR ransomware decryptor available, you will need to use alternate options to restore your files. The first one is to use the backup. If you have created a backup of your important files then it is going to be quite easy. However, if you don’t have any backup files or they also got encrypted by the virus then you will have to try a data recovery software.
We recommend using Stellar Data Recovery software because it is a powerful and trusted data recovery software. Paying ransom money is not ideal because it will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks. You can wait for any free decryptor to be launched but it can take forever. Download the free trial version of data recovery and scan your PC for files. It may be able to recover some of your files and save you lots of money.
- Click on the below download button to get started instantly with the data recovery process on your PC.
- After the download click on the installer file and complete the software installation. Then launch the application and select the Data type to recover, and click the Next button.
- After the selection of data, you will need to select the location from where you want to recover data. Choose the location and then click on the Scan button.
- The software will take some time to scan your system. You will see a list of all the files that can be recovered. You can preview them or click on the Recover button to save them.
Manual ESCANOR Virus Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Click on the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Windows Run Box.
- Now you will need to type in MSConfig and then click the OK button.
- The System configuration settings box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Boot tab, check the Safe Boot option, and select the network box,
- Finally, you will have to click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Open the Windows Rub box again on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- This time you will have to type in taskmgr and then click the OK button to open Windows Task Manager. Look for any unknown or malicious running on your system.
- Select the process which is taking lots of systems resources and then click on the End Task button.
Uninstall ESCANOR Virus from Control Panel
- Again you will need to open the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- This time you need to open the Windows Control Panel, so type in appwiz.cpl and then click the OK button.
- Programs and Features windows will appear on your computer screen with a list of all the installed applications.
- Now you need to look for any unknown or virus related program and then Uninstall it from your PC.
Remove ESCANOR Virus From Registry Editor
- Again open the Windows Run Box on your PC by using the Windows and R keys.
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, type in Regedit and click the OK button.
- Now you will have to find the virus related registry files and remove them.
- Press CTRL and F keys together on the keyboard to start a Find query.
- Type the virus name and click on Find Next button to find malicious entries and delete them.
Remove Malicious IP addresses from Windows Hosts Files
- To open the Windows hosts file, simply press the Windows and R keys together on the keyboard.
- Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Now you will need to access the Windows hosts file using Notepad.
- Most threats add malicious IP addresses here to automatically connect to remote servers.
- Delete all the malicious IP addresses below the localhost and save the file.
Delete Virus related files from your PC
When malware infects your system, it normally creates several malicious files and spread them at different locations. After you remove the malware, these leftover files help them to get back to your computer. Remove all virus related files at once by following the below instruction :
- Open the Windows Run Box again by using the Windows and R keys together.
- Now you will open the below paths one by one using the Run Box and remove malicious files.
For the first four options, look for any recent folder related to the ESCANOR File Virus and remove them. For the Temp folder, you can delete all the files at once. Use Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys together for permanent removal.
Remove ESCANOR Virus via system restore
- You will again need the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- Open the Command Prompt by typing in cmd and then clicking the OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- The System Restore window will get opened instantly then click on the Next button.
- Choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click the Next button.
- Finally, when you will hit the Yes button, the system restoration process with start immediately.
Note: System restore to remove a virus will only work if you have a restore point set on your PC. Otherwise, no changes will be made to your system and it will not remove any threats. Be advised, restoring the computer to a previous version does not always guarantee virus removal. Most viruses delete restore points, so don’t get disappointed if this trick does not work for you.