Fofd File Virus is a dangerous malware infection that belongs to the STOP(Djvu) Ransomware family. It is a destructive and intrusive threat that can easily alter your computer. Devices attacked by this “.fofd” virus become useless as it uses powerful encryption to lock all the files on the infected machine. So if you are also a victim of this ransomware then keep reading this guide. Follow the below instructions to remove this virus and recover files without paying money to hackers.
What Is Fofd Ransomware?
Fofd Ransomware is another very harassing and harmful file-encrypting malware. It is a malicious creation of hackers that often spreads through spam email attachments. Once getting inside the targeted computer, it becomes vigilant and starts a full-force attack. It uses a very advanced encryption algorithm to encode all your files. This nasty threat will also modify the file names by adding its own extension as a signature. It will make your files completely inaccessible and then leave a ransom note on your PC.
After encryption, “.fofd” file extension gets added to all the files stored on the system. Just, for example, a file name “photo.jpg” will change after the intrusion of this malware and get converted into “photo.jpg.fofd” and users will not be able to access this file without a decryption key. After successful encryption, this virus also leaves ransom notes “_Readme.txt” on the computer to demand money in return for the decryption key.
On that note, Fofd File Extension Virus declares that your files are encrypted. Then it demands huge money to provide you with the decryption key but also gives you an ultimatum for the payment or promises to double the fee. This nasty ransomware can encrypt all types of files including videos, audio, images, doc, Xls, ppt, pst, Html, XML, and everything else. This nasty Ransomware will also show an error message whenever you will try to access any of the locked files. It is completely wrong but you can’t do anything because there is no way to find out the culprit.
Fofd Virus Ransomware is really notorious and your regular anti-virus won’t do any good against it. This perilous threat has already severed all your security-related programs. What is, even more, worse, it also modifies the registry entries and DNS settings on your system. It may easily cut off all your legitimate attempts to remove this infection. You must be smart to get rid of this nasty malware because if you don’t will soon make your system completely useless.
Fofd Ransomware: Threat Analysis
Do Not Pay Ransom Money
If think that paying Fofd File Virus ransom can get you the decryption key, then you are wrong. It is not certain that after getting paid malware creators will give you the decryptor. And if you get the decryptor it will even work or it will not have any kind of virus embedded to steal your money or monitor your activities.
That so-called decryption key may also bring more threats and viruses to your system that can lead to other problems. So it is better to delete this Ransomware from your system to avoid any further problems. As for the matter of your files, you can recover them through data recovery software or any certified decryptor launched by any reputed company.
Ransom note “_Readme.txt” contains the following text:
ATTENTION! Don’t worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This software will decrypt all your encrypted files. What guarantees you have? You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free. But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information. You can get and look video overview decrypt tool: hxxps://we.tl/t-Oc0xgfzC7q Price of private key and decrypt software is $980. Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490. Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment. Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours. To get this software you need write on our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Reserve e-mail address to contact us: email@example.com Your personal ID: -
How Fofd File Virus Enter Your PC?
As people don’t download ransomware infections on their own computers. So how does this Fofd file virus get into your machine? Usually, hackers use various methods to spread this kind of malware and they like to go big. As more computers are infected the more money hackers would make. So creators of such nasty threats use several old system vulnerabilities previously spread malware like Trojan, worms, Adware, etc. as a delivery system.
Fofd Virus can also get spread through spam emails, bundled freeware or shareware programs, porn sites, torrent files, cracked software, malicious websites, and fake updates. You should avoid such kinds of incidents to keep your system safe. You must keep the backup of your important files on any external hard drive. Apart from this, keep a powerful malware removal tool that can delete threats like Fofd Ransomware easily from your system.
How To Remove Fofd File Virus
Automatic Fofd Ransomware Removal Guide
It can be hectic to remove threats from an infected PC but the use of powerful Anti-Malware can make it quite easy. SpyHunter anti-malware can help you to remove Trojan, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily. You can scan your system for Fofd file virus and all other hidden threats at once. All you need to do is to download this software and run a new scan on your PC.
It will find all the threats and viruses in no time and save you lots of time and effort. This amazing software also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware definition updates make it most effective against the latest attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- You will begin by downloading the software on your system for which you have to click on the below download button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the Anti-Malware program on your PC and proceed with the setup.
- After installation, you will need to launch the Anti-Malware application. From the welcome screen click on the Start Scan Now button to initiate a new scan of your PC.
- Once the scanning process begins, it will take some time to run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and find all hidden threats and malware.
- Soon you will find a complete list of all the threats on your system screen. Then you will need to click on the Next button to delete all the viruses.
How To Decrypt .Fofd Files
As there is no Fofd ransomware decryptor available, you will need to use alternate options to restore your files. The first one is to use the backup. If you have created a backup of your important files then it is going to be quite easy. However, if you don’t have any backup files or they also got encrypted by the virus then you will have to try a data recovery software.
We recommend using Stellar Data Recovery software because it is a powerful and trusted data recovery software. Paying ransom money is not ideal because it will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks. You can wait for any free decryptor to be launched but it can take forever. Download the free trial version of data recovery and scan your PC for files. It may be able to recover some of your files and save you lots of money.
- Click on the below download button to get started instantly with the data recovery process on your PC.
- After the download click on the installer file and complete the software installation. Then launch the application and select the Data type to recover, and click the Next button.
- After the selection of data, you will need to select the location from where you want to recover data. Choose the location and then click on the Scan button.
- The software will take some time to scan your system. You will see a list of all the files that can be recovered. You can preview them or click on the Recover button to save them.
Manual Fofd File Virus Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Click on the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Windows Run Box.
- Now you will need to type in MSConfig and then click the OK button.
- The System configuration settings box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Boot tab, check the Safe Boot option, and select the network box,
- Finally, you will have to click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Open the Windows Rub box again on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- This time you will have to type in taskmgr and then click the OK button to open Windows Task Manager. Look for any unknown or malicious running on your system.
- Select the process which is taking lots of systems resources and then click on the End Task button.
Uninstall Fofd Ransomware from Control Panel
- Again you will need to open the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- This time you need to open the Windows Control Panel, so type in appwiz.cpl and then click the OK button.
- Programs and Features windows will appear on your computer screen with a list of all the installed applications.
- Now you need to look for any unknown or virus related program and then Uninstall it from your PC.
Remove Fofd Ransomware From Registry Editor
- Again open the Windows Run Box on your PC by using the Windows and R keys.
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, type in Regedit and click the OK button.
- Now you will have to find the virus related registry files and remove them.
- Press CTRL and F keys together on the keyboard to start a Find query.
- Type the virus name and click on Find Next button to find malicious entries and delete them.
Remove Malicious IP addresses from Windows Hosts Files
- To open the Windows hosts file, simply press the Windows and R keys together on the keyboard.
- Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Now you will need to access the Windows hosts file using Notepad.
- Most threats add malicious IP addresses here to automatically connect to remote servers.
- Delete all the malicious IP addresses below the localhost and save the file.
Delete Virus related files from your PC
When malware infects your system, it normally creates several malicious files and spread them at different locations. After you remove the malware, these leftover files help them to get back to your computer. Remove all virus related files at once by following the below instruction :
- Open the Windows Run Box again by using the Windows and R keys together.
- Now you will open the below paths one by one using the Run Box and remove malicious files.
For the first four options, look for any recent folder related to the Fofd File Virus and remove them. For the Temp folder, you can delete all the files at once. Use Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys together for permanent removal.
Remove Fofd File Virus via system restore
- You will again need the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- Open the Command Prompt by typing in cmd and then clicking the OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- The System Restore window will get opened instantly then click on the Next button.
- Choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click the Next button.
- Finally, when you will hit the Yes button, the system restoration process with start immediately.
Note: System restore to remove a virus will only work if you have a restore point set on your PC. Otherwise, no changes will be made to your system and it will not remove any threats. Be advised, restoring the computer to a previous version does not always guarantee virus removal. Most viruses delete restore points, so don’t get diFofdointed if this trick does not work for you.