Just File Virus is a variant of the Dharma Ransomware family. It encrypts files on the host computer and demands a hefty extortion fee for the decryption key. After rendering your files useless, it drops “FILES ENCRYPTED.txt” ransom note and a pop-up window on your PC.
This nasty virus renames files during encryption by adding the victim’s ID, and the “.[firstname.lastname@example.org].just” extension. For an instance, a file named “myphoto.jpg” will get converted into “myphoto.jpg.id-9CEGA84F.[email@example.com].just” which cannot be opened without a decryption tool. This guide can help you remove this virus and decrypt your files without paying money to hackers.
What is Just Ransomware
Just File Virus is a data locker malware also known as crypto virus. This type of threat is used to encrypt files on targeted PC and extort money from victims to restore files. This type of malware attack has gotten a significant rise in recent years. People are more vulnerable to such infections because they store valuable data on their computers. Ransomware creators know this fact and take the advantage of such a situation to make an illegal profit online. Just Ransomware is a dangerous malware that can lock all types of files such as videos, images, audio, documents, database, backups, and so on.
If your computer got infected by this nasty virus, then you must not engage in any conversation or negotiation with hackers. Actually, the primary motive of Just virus is to restrict users from accessing any of their files. A ransom note is also left on the victim’s computer to ask for the money in return for unlocking the documents. But taking cyber criminals on their words could be dangerous, as many people got scammed and could not get their files back. You need to remove .Just Virus from your PC and recover your files through alternate methods. Read this guide for detailed information about this file-encrypting malware, how to remove it and how to decrypt your files.
More about Just Virus
Just ransomware is a notorious file-encrypting malware that belongs to DHARMA virus family. This dubious threat is created by hackers with the ambition to fraud money from users by blackmailing them. This new variant of the data locker virus can encrypt all your files without your permission using a powerful cryptography algorithm. This .Just File Virus is able to infect any version of Windows PC easily and it can sneak past your antivirus protection without detection. Earlier you won’t even recognize what struck your PC and then suddenly all your files are locked with an undecipherable key.
.Just Virus is one of the many variants released by the creators of the Dharma Ransomware virus. This dubious malware intrudes on your computer and then executes its malicious encryption software. This nasty Ransomware has created this ugly situation on your computer so that it can force you into paying the ransom money for the decryption key.
What happens to your files
As you know, Just File Virus uses a powerful RSA military-grade encryption algorithm to encode your files. All your files will still be there on your computer, but you will not be able to access them. This kind of encryption algorithm is mainly used to protect files, and transmit information without having the tension of anyone intercepting the message. This practice was first used for military and intelligence purposes but now many social media companies like WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram, and others are using end-to-end encryption. This technology keeps all the communication safe from sender to receiver and no one can read the messages.
Such end-to-end encryption and military-grade cipher are good for privacy but in hackers’ hands, it is a weapon of mass destruction. There is no way to break the encryption without a decoder and thus cybercrooks behind .Just Virus Ransomware gets away by cheating innocent users. All these files encrypted by this malware can only be decoded by a private decryption tool and key which is unique for every computer. Brute forcing to restore files to the original version might corrupt the whole and even the decryption tool won’t even recover .Just encrypted files.
However, there are some ways to recover files infected by this virus. It will not be easy but it could be possible to recover most (if not all) of the files without paying money to hackers. Sometimes ransomware creators also leave some flaws which could be exploited to create a decryptor. Unfortunately, there is no free decryptor yet found for .Just Virus Ransomware. But it does not mean it’s not going to happen, however, it may take time. You can also recover your files through backup or use data recovery software to recover previous versions of your encrypted files.
Just Ransomware: Threat Analysis
Do not pay money hackers
Paying ransom money to hackers to get the decryption is not a good idea. Many people might think they cannot risk their valuable information and that paying money is the easy way out but it can be dangerous. As you know, .Just File Virus is a variant of Dharma Ransomware. There are hundreds of more variants just like this. So if you once pay, your system can get infected again by some other version of the malware. It is also possible that some other completely ransomware virus attacks your PC. Because once your system gets infected, a loophole gets created which can be used by viruses to intrude on your machine.
It is also very much possible that after getting money, the creators of Just Virus will stop responding to your emails. Many of the victims already reported such incidents and there is no way to find the hackers. Payment is also in Bitcoins which cannot be traced and so you can lose both your files and money. Firstly, the main thing is you cannot trust cyber criminals to keep their word once they get paid, and secondly, you cannot force them to. So in our expert opinion, you must refrain from paying any money for .Just Virus. It will only motivate them to expand their blackmailing business.
Distribution methods used to transmit ransomware
Most of the users ask us how their system got infected in the first place. They have no clue about the infection whatsoever. So if you are thinking the same question then you need to know that hackers use several tricks to spread their creation. Threats like .Just Ransomware mostly spread through illegal or pirated software downloads. When you go looking for cracked programs, how do you think they spoof the purchased software for free? Trojan viruses are used to crack software, and when you install such programs, that Trojan can always drop new threats on your PC.
Spam email campaigns are another very famous and effective method used by hackers to spread viruses like .Just Ransomware. Hackers use software to send bulk messages with fake content and malicious attachments. Bulk messaging practically costs nothing, but even if 1 victim out of 1000 pays the ransom money, it’s still a good profit. Many freeware creators allow bundled programs that get installed in the background without permission. Such bundled apps can trigger the installation of malware and users won’t even know.
Browsing torrent or porn sites causes too much redirection. You mostly land on suspicious sites with various fake ads, promo, alerts, warnings, etc. that ask you to click. Once you click on those ads, a malicious script could trigger the download and installation of malware on your system. Sharing files on an unsafe network could also bring threats like Just Virus Ransomware on your computer. We have made a list of precautionary measures to avoid malware attacks on your PC which is in the last of this guide. Make sure to read those tips to protect your system in the future.
Removal of virus and Decryption of files
If you want to recover your files, then you must remove Just Virus completely from your PC. Removing this virus manually may not be easy, so you are advised to use a powerful Malware Removal Tool to get rid of this threat completely. Do not format your PC or re-install Windows, because you will not be able to recover files then. To restore your encrypted files, you can use the backup copies if you have made any. If you don’t have a backup then try using Data recovery software. If you try to restore files without removing viruses, then it will keep encrypting your data. So it is advised to delete .Just Virus completely from your machine.
How To Remove Just File Virus
Automatic Just Virus Removal Guide
It can be hectic to remove threats from an infected PC but the use of powerful Anti-Malware can make it quite easy. SpyHunter anti-malware can help you to remove Trojan, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily. You can scan your system for Just virus and all other hidden threats at once. All you need to do is to download this software and run a new scan on your PC.
It will find all the threats and viruses in no time and save you lots of time and effort. This amazing software also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware definition updates make it most effective against the latest attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- You will begin by downloading the software on your system for which you have to click on the below download button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the Anti-Malware program on your PC and proceed with the setup.
- After installation, you will need to launch the Anti-Malware application. From the welcome screen click on the Start Scan Now button to initiate a new scan of your PC.
- Once the scanning process begins, it will take some time to run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and find all hidden threats and malware.
- Soon you will find a complete list of all the threats on your system screen. Then you will need to click on the Next button to delete all the viruses.
How To Decrypt .Just Files
As there is no Just ransomware decryptor available, you will need to use alternate options to restore your files. The first one is to use the backup. If you have created a backup of your important files then it is going to be quite easy. However, if you don’t have any backup files or they also got encrypted by the virus then you will have to try a data recovery software.
We recommend using Stellar Data Recovery software because it is a powerful and trusted data recovery software. Paying ransom money is not ideal because it will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks. You can wait for any free decryptor to be launched but it can take forever. Download the free trial version of data recovery and scan your PC for files. It may be able to recover some of your files and save you lots of money.
- Click on the below download button to get started instantly with the data recovery process on your PC.
- After the download click on the installer file and complete the software installation. Then launch the application and select the Data type to recover, and click the Next button.
- After the selection of data, you will need to select the location from where you want to recover data. Choose the location and then click on the Scan button.
- The software will take some time to scan your system. You will see a list of all the files that can be recovered. You can preview them or click on the Recover button to save them.
Manual Just Virus Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Click on the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Windows Run Box.
- Now you will need to type in MSConfig and then click the OK button.
- The System configuration settings box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Boot tab, check the Safe Boot option, and select the network box,
- Finally, you will have to click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Open the Windows Rub box again on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- This time you will have to type in taskmgr and then click the OK button to open Windows Task Manager. Look for any unknown or malicious running on your system.
- Select the process which is taking lots of systems resources and then click on the End Task button.
Uninstall Just Virus from Control Panel
- Again you will need to open the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- This time you need to open the Windows Control Panel, so type in appwiz.cpl and then click the OK button.
- Programs and Features windows will appear on your computer screen with a list of all the installed applications.
- Now you need to look for any unknown or virus related program and then Uninstall it from your PC.
Remove Just Virus From Registry Editor
- Again open the Windows Run Box on your PC by using the Windows and R keys.
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, type in Regedit and click the OK button.
- Now you will have to find the virus related registry files and remove them.
- Press CTRL and F keys together on the keyboard to start a Find query.
- Type the virus name and click on Find Next button to find malicious entries and delete them.
Remove Malicious IP addresses from Windows Hosts Files
- To open the Windows hosts file, simply press the Windows and R keys together on the keyboard.
- Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Now you will need to access the Windows hosts file using Notepad.
- Most threats add malicious IP addresses here to automatically connect to remote servers.
- Delete all the malicious IP addresses below the localhost and save the file.
Delete Virus related files from your PC
When malware infects your system, it normally creates several malicious files and spread them at different locations. After you remove the malware, these leftover files help them to get back to your computer. Remove all virus related files at once by following the below instruction :
- Open the Windows Run Box again by using the Windows and R keys together.
- Now you will open the below paths one by one using the Run Box and remove malicious files.
For the first four options, look for any recent folder related to the Just File Virus and remove them. For the Temp folder, you can delete all the files at once. Use Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys together for permanent removal.
Remove Just Virus via system restore
- You will again need the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- Open the Command Prompt by typing in cmd and then clicking the OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- The System Restore window will get opened instantly then click on the Next button.
- Choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click the Next button.
- Finally, when you will hit the Yes button, the system restoration process with start immediately.
Note: System restore to remove a virus will only work if you have a restore point set on your PC. Otherwise, no changes will be made to your system and it will not remove any threats. Be advised, restoring the computer to a previous version does not always guarantee virus removal. Most viruses delete restore points, so don’t get disappointed if this trick does not work for you.