Kcbu File Virus is a dangerous file-encrypting malware. It is a new variant from Stop/Dvju Ransomware family. It can easily encrypt all your files using a powerful algorithm and then add “.kcbu” extension to the end of all your files. After the encryption, it will also leave a “_readme.txt” ransom note on your system.
For example, if you have a file named “cutebaby.png” then after encryption, it will get converted into “cutebaby.png.kcbu” which is locked and cannot be opened without a decryption key. The Ransom note says that all your files are locked but you can get your files back by paying ransom money for decryption tools.
What is Kcbu Ransomware
Kcbu is a newly detected file encrypting virus that is presenting deadly features. It is a silent intruder which can easily sneak into your computer and hide in your PC until it does its nasty file encrypting work. Creators of this dubious threat is the same that created the notorious STOP(Djvu) Ransomware and ever since released new variants at regular intervals.
Hackers behind this infection have vast knowledge and experience in targeting innocent users and blackmailing them for money by encrypting their personal files. They have again launched a new variant of their malware to do the hateful work and make illegal profit online. It adds its malicious “.kcbu” file extension to the end of all your files as a lock that can only be opened through a private decryption key generated for your system.
Kcbu Virus Ransom note clearly states that the only method to restore all the encrypted files is to use the decryption tool which users can only get after paying the ransom fees. They claim that there is no other way to unlock the data and they also offer proof by decrypting 1 file for free before victims pay money through BitCoin. As phony as it sounds, many victims fall for such tricks and pay the ransom but they end up getting cheated, so don’t make that mistake.
How does this ransomware works?
Kcbu Ransomware Virus is a recent malware discovery that belongs to the file-encrypting community. This dangerous threat is very much capable of intruding on your PC without you noticing or detecting its presence. You will not find out about this virus until it has encrypted all your personal data that you have stored on your computer system, then it will leave a ransom note.
This dubious .Kcbu file extension virus will secretly sneak into your system with the disguise of any random .exe file. Then execute its malicious process to encrypt your entire hard drive. At the end, it leaves all your files inaccessible and place a ransom note to demand extortion fee. Creators of this dubious threat are only looking to make illegal money by blackmailing innocent victims and forcing them to pay money huge extortion fees to get access to their files.
The ransomware extortion business of STOP/Djvu virus family has gained a new height because this new variant has access to all the data collected by all its previous strains. This newly found malware which is a DJVU variant is living up to its reputation and wreaking havoc as we speak about it and look for its remedy.
It will give you a choice to pay the ransom money to buy a decryption tool that allegedly can restore all your files and data to their original format. As your system is infected by Kcbu Virus, you are well aware of its evil handy work. This file-encrypting malware can lock all your personal files, videos, images, audio files, documents, databases, and even backup files if they are stored on your computer. This nasty virus can make your PC completely useless, even your anti-virus applications won’t do you any good.
Ransom demand is a trick
The encoding of Kcbu virus on victims’ PC is very real and there is no other shortcuts or easy way to unlock files without having the private decryption key. This is why hackers are demanding huge sums money of to give the decoder because they know how hard it is to unlock those encrypted files. The “Ransomware” word itself became a synonym of terror for most computer users these days. Threats like Kcbu File Virus attacks your PC and shows scary ransom notes after encrypting files to intimidate users into paying Ransom money.
This newly released variant of the DJVU virus is very active, and carrying out its attack with major severity due to all the data collected by its previous versions. It issues separate unique IDs for every user which means their decryption key will also be completely unique. So you can’t cheat this malware by purchasing one decryption key and trying to use it on multiple computers. This notorious ransomware is demanding a whopping $980 ransom fee for the decryption key but it is also offering a 50% discount if the ransom is paid before 72 hours.
The ransom note “_Readme.txt” left by hackers has the following instructions :
ATTENTION! Don’t worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This software will decrypt all your encrypted files. What guarantees you have? You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free. But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information. You can get and look video overview decrypt tool: https://we.tl/t-gSEEREZ5tS Price of private key and decrypt software is $980. Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490. Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment. Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours. To get this software you need write on our e-mail: email@example.com Reserve e-mail address to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org Your personal ID:
Paying ransom money is not safe
If you are thinking that you can restore your data by paying ransom money to Kcbu File Virus then it could be a big mistake. One thing you should understand is that hackers are only interested in cheating your money, that’s why they are threatening to double the ransom fee in 72 hours. They are clearly trying to intimidate victims and forcing them to make a decision of paying without looking for alternate methods.
Creators of Kcbu virus don’t want you to go looking for answers and seek help from experts. It is not a discount offer given by cybercriminals, it is the bait and timing is the hook. So it puts victims in a rush to pay the money and buy the decryption key at half price.
One other thing that is also very alarming is, that attackers are demanding money through BitCoin. It is a cryptocurrency that is untraceable and, there is no way to find out who got the money. In most cases, criminals often stop responding to victims’ emails as they have neither the reason for giving decryption tools nor the fear of getting caught. So you are advised to not trust the hackers, no matter how desperate you are, and don’t risk losing your money too.
Kcbu Ransomware: Threat Analysis
How does your PC get infected
You need to understand that the Internet is full of threats like Kcbu virus and they are looking for cheating innocent users for making an illegal profit. Cybercriminals use various methods to spread their malicious creations online in a very short time with maximum impact.
You can see that a virus is released and soon its have infected thousands of computers in no time. It happens due to the Trojan downloaders that download malware directly on infected PC. Such Trojans are widely used for cracking software and programs. So piracy might be the biggest weapon in hands of hackers that victims give them. Using pirated software, browsing torrent or porn sites can bring threats like Kcbu Ransomware on your PC without your knowledge.
Bundled freeware or shareware programs are also a great source of malware spreading because creators of freeware programs often allow third-party attachments to earn a few bucks on the side. These hidden programs don’t even need users’ permission and get installed silently. Spam emails and peer-to-peer file sharing could also bring .Kcbu virus on your computer. Clicking on misleading ads, pop-ups, banners, or push notifications can redirect browsers to phishing sites and download harmful programs silently.
How To Remove Kcbu File Virus
Automatic Kcbu Virus Removal Guide
It can be hectic to remove threats from an infected PC but the use of powerful Anti-Malware can make it quite easy. SpyHunter anti-malware can help you to remove Trojan, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily. You can scan your system for Kcbu virus and all other hidden threats at once. All you need to do is to download this software and run a new scan on your PC.
It will find all the threats and viruses in no time and save you lots of time and effort. This amazing software also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware definition updates make it most effective against the latest attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- You will begin by downloading the software on your system for which you have to click on the below download button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the Anti-Malware program on your PC and proceed with the setup.
- After installation, you will need to launch the Anti-Malware application. From the welcome screen click on the Start Scan Now button to initiate a new scan of your PC.
- Once the scanning process begins, it will take some time to run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and find all hidden threats and malware.
- Soon you will find a complete list of all the threats on your system screen. Then you will need to click on the Next button to delete all the viruses.
How To Decrypt .Kcbu Files
As there is no Kcbu ransomware decryptor available, you will need to use alternate options to restore your files. The first one is to use the backup. If you have created a backup of your important files then it is going to be quite easy. However, if you don’t have any backup files or they also got encrypted by the virus then you will have to try a data recovery software.
We recommend using Stellar Data Recovery software because it is a powerful and trusted data recovery software. Paying ransom money is not ideal because it will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks. You can wait for any free decryptor to be launched but it can take forever. Download the free trial version of data recovery and scan your PC for files. It may be able to recover some of your files and save you lots of money.
- Click on the below download button to get started instantly with the data recovery process on your PC.
- After the download click on the installer file and complete the software installation. Then launch the application and select the Data type to recover, and click the Next button.
- After the selection of data, you will need to select the location from where you want to recover data. Choose the location and then click on the Scan button.
- The software will take some time to scan your system. You will see a list of all the files that can be recovered. You can preview them or click on the Recover button to save them.
Manual Kcbu Virus Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Click on the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Windows Run Box.
- Now you will need to type in MSConfig and then click the OK button.
- The System configuration settings box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Boot tab, check the Safe Boot option, and select the network box,
- Finally, you will have to click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Open the Windows Rub box again on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- This time you will have to type in taskmgr and then click the OK button to open Windows Task Manager. Look for any unknown or malicious running on your system.
- Select the process which is taking lots of systems resources and then click on the End Task button.
Uninstall Kcbu Virus from Control Panel
- Again you will need to open the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- This time you need to open the Windows Control Panel, so type in appwiz.cpl and then click the OK button.
- Programs and Features windows will appear on your computer screen with a list of all the installed applications.
- Now you need to look for any unknown or virus related program and then Uninstall it from your PC.
Remove Kcbu Virus From Registry Editor
- Again open the Windows Run Box on your PC by using the Windows and R keys.
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, type in Regedit and click the OK button.
- Now you will have to find the virus related registry files and remove them.
- Press CTRL and F keys together on the keyboard to start a Find query.
- Type the virus name and click on Find Next button to find malicious entries and delete them.
Remove Malicious IP addresses from Windows Hosts Files
- To open the Windows hosts file, simply press the Windows and R keys together on the keyboard.
- Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Now you will need to access the Windows hosts file using Notepad.
- Most threats add malicious IP addresses here to automatically connect to remote servers.
- Delete all the malicious IP addresses below the localhost and save the file.
Delete Virus related files from your PC
When malware infects your system, it normally creates several malicious files and spread them at different locations. After you remove the malware, these leftover files help them to get back to your computer. Remove all virus related files at once by following the below instruction :
- Open the Windows Run Box again by using the Windows and R keys together.
- Now you will open the below paths one by one using the Run Box and remove malicious files.
For the first four options, look for any recent folder related to the Kcbu File Virus and remove them. For the Temp folder, you can delete all the files at once. Use Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys together for permanent removal.
Remove Kcbu Virus via system restore
- You will again need the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- Open the Command Prompt by typing in cmd and then clicking the OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- The System Restore window will get opened instantly then click on the Next button.
- Choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click the Next button.
- Finally, when you will hit the Yes button, the system restoration process with start immediately.
Note: System restore to remove a virus will only work if you have a restore point set on your PC. Otherwise, no changes will be made to your system and it will not remove any threats. Be advised, restoring the computer to a previous version does not always guarantee virus removal. Most viruses delete restore points, so don’t get disappointed if this trick does not work for you.