Advzen.com is a notorious computer threat that acts as an advertisement delivery service. It is used by cybercriminals to show unwanted ads to users while browsing the Internet and get access to their PC.
Forced redirection to suspicious and phishing websites is also performed without permission which only exposes the system’s security and the user’s privacy. This threat can also be used to spread other malware, so it is important to get rid of this infection quickly.
What is Advzen.com?
Advzen.com is a notorious website that is categorized as redirect malware. This harmful threat is responsible for unwanted and annoying pop-up ads leading to forced browser redirection to suspicious sites. Designed by cyber criminals to promote third-party ads, this threat is also capable of stealing your personal information. It can easily get hooked to your browsers such as Google Chrome, MS Edge, Firefox, etc., and make malicious modifications.
Advzen.com is a silent intruder and it can easily alter your PC without permission. Once inside, it will show several misleading alerts, pop-ups, notifications, warnings, Ads, etc. on your computer screen. Its main motive is to trick you into allowing the push notification that gives it permission to modify your browser settings. Many new tab advertisements with pop-ups will suddenly start appearing regularly for no reason.
You will start seeing lots of unwanted pop-up ads on every webpage you visit. Advzen.com will also keep redirecting your browser to harmful sites that may install malware on your PC without permission. It can also track your online activities to gather your personal information and send them to cybercriminals. This nasty malware is a major risk to your system security and your privacy.
Lots of ads popping abruptly on all the sites and forced redirections will also make your system slow. Your PC might also start freezing and get heated abnormally due to the high usage of system resources. Most people ignore such threats but later repent when they get more dangerous infections like Trojans or ransomware. You should not make that mistake and try to get rid of this virus as early as possible.
How does it infect your PC?
Advzen.com intrudes on the targeted computer through various suspicious methods. Bundled freeware software is one of the most common ways of spreading malware online. Cybercrooks often attach malicious programs to freeware software that people normally download from the Internet. When you install such a contaminated program, hidden threats automatically get installed. Always choose custom or advanced installation methods to avoid such infections.
Spam email attachments are also used for malware distribution on a massive scale. Do not open any email attachments without scanning and do not click on any suspicious links. Advzen.com could also get distributed via other similar threats and redirect malware. Browsing torrent or porn sites often causes such forced redirects which can result in the download of malware on your PC.
Do not download any pirated or cracked software on your system, because they often have hidden malware and threats. Sharing files on an unsafe network (peer-to-peer file sharing), illegal patches for games or fake software updates could also bring this threat to your PC.
Why it is dangerous for your PC?
Advzen.com virus will keep throwing annoying alerts, pop-ups, ads, and banners on your computer screen while redirecting your browser to malicious websites. It can bring more threats and viruses to your computer secretly. This nasty malware can also create new registry entries for its regeneration in case it gets removed from your PC. It creates loopholes on your machine through which other threats and cyber crooks can easily invade your system.
This dubious threat can also steal your sensitive information like your online banking details, credit card number, IP address, etc. by tracking your browsing history. It can share those details with cybercriminals for making illegal profits. This can lead to identity theft or bank fraud. This nasty redirect malware can risk your system’s security and privacy. It is advised to quickly remove Advzen.com virus from your computer.
How To Remove Advzen.com
Remove Advzen.com with SpyHunter
Removing threats and viruses manually from a computer can be hectic but SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware can make this task much simpler. It can help you find and delete all kinds of threats like Trojans, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily from your PC. You just have to install the application and run a new scan on your PC.
It will easily find Advzen.com virus and all other hidden threats and remove them efficiently in no time. You will also get 24X7 customer support and Custom Malware removal via one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support. SpyHunter can block threats in real time via its advanced System Guard feature. It is compatible with your anti-virus application and fills the security gaps to provide the best protection.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you will need to download the SpyHunter Installer on your computer. The below download button will take you to the download page in a new tab, so this guide will be still accessible to you.
- The SpyHunter-Installer.exe file will get downloaded on your PC. Run the installer via a double-click to start the installation and follow the instructions to complete the setup.
- Launch SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware after the installation if it does not automatically starts. Now you will have to click on the Start Scan Now button to detect all hidden threats and viruses on your PC.
- Once you start scanning your system, wait for a few minutes. The software will run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and give you a detailed report of all the threats found on your PC.
- After the scan, a complete list of all threats will be shown to you. Finally, you will just have to click on the Next button to immediately remove all the threats at once.
Uninstall Advzen.com from Control Panel
- First, you need to press and hold the Windows key and then hit the R button.
- Soon you will see the Windows Run Box on your computer screen.
- Now type or copy-paste appwiz.cpl in the run box and click the OK button.
- You will see the Programs and Features windows with a list of all installed applications.
- Find any unknown or suspicious app related to the virus and then press the Uninstall button.
Remove Advzen.com From Browser
This threat tricks users into allowing push notifications by altering the browser settings. You need to reverse the changes made by this infection to stop those unwanted pop-up ads and redirects.
It will take some doing but very much possible. However, if you are using the Anti-Malware application, it will be done automatically. But still, we have created a detailed manual guide and the below steps can help you reverse the browser settings.
- Go to the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the (⋮) icon from the upper right corner of the browser.
- Press on the Settings button from the right-side drop-down menu.
- Choose the Privacy and Security option from the left sidebar on the settings page.
- Now click on the Site Settings option and then open the Notifications tab.
- Here you can see the list of websites showing pop-up ads on your browser.
- Find the malicious website causing trouble, click on the (⋮) icon next to it and press the Remove button.
- Access the Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the (☰) icon from the upper right corner of firefox.
- You will see a drop-down menu there, click on the Settings option.
- Click on Privacy & Security from the left sidebar on the settings page.
- Scroll down and open the Notifications settings option on this page.
- A list of all websites with permission to show notifications on your browser will appear here.
- Select the malicious website and click on the Remove Website button.
- Open the MS Edge menu by clicking on the (…) icon from the upper right corner of the edge browser.
- A drop-down menu will show on the right side of your browser instantly.
- Scroll down and look for the Settings option and click on it.
- Click on the Cookies and site permissions option from the left sidebar.
- Open the Notifications option to see the sites causing trouble.
- Find the malicious website, click on (…) icon and press the Remove button.
- You can do the same process with the Pop-ups and redirect settings also.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
You should also reset your browser settings to default after removing the Advzen.com virus. Follow the below steps to undo all the changes made by the virus to your browser settings:
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome’s Menu (⋮) from the upper right corner as explained earlier.
- Find and click on the Reset and Clean up option from the left menu.
- Press the Restore settings to their original defaults option.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your browser.
Refresh Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox Menu (☰) from the upper right corner as explained above.
- You will again see the drop-down menu on the right side of your browser.
- Press the Help option from the list to open the Firefox help menu.
- Now click on the More troubleshooting information option.
- Finally hit the Refresh Firefox button to reset your browser settings.
MS Edge Browser Reset
- Click on the More Tools (…) option on Microsoft Edge from the upper right corner.
- A drop-down menu will instantly appear on your browser screen.
- Find and click on the Settings option from the Edge drop-down menu.
- Click on the Reset Settings option from the left side menu.
- Hit the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Finally, press the Reset button if your browser asks for permission.
Your browser will get back to its default settings once you perform the above steps to reset your browser. Rest assured it will not delete your saved passwords or bookmarks. All the unwanted pop-ups and browser redirections should stop now.