New.stormstone.top is a deceptive website that tricks users into allowing spam push notifications. It bombards the targeted computer with lots of unwanted pop-up ads, banners, offers, messages, push notifications, etc. This nasty threat also causes forced redirection of the browser on suspicious and malicious sites. Read this guide to know how to remove New.stormstone.top virus from your computer.
What is New.stormstone.top?
New.stormstone.top ads can bring unimaginable harm to your system. This nasty virus can risk your system’s security and privacy. It is employed by cybercriminals to generate traffic for dubious websites and make illegal profits. This cunning threat is able to easily intrude on any Windows PC without permission. It will sneak into your machine and hijack your main browser.
New.stormstone.top will ask you to allow the notifications. After that, it will start showing annoying ads and redirect your browser to suspicious websites. It will bombard your computer screen with lots of annoying security alerts, messages, warnings, pop-ups, offers, and similar advertisements.
New.stormstone.top is a dangerous computer infection. It might not seem as much harmful at first but soon it will start degrading your entire system performance. A bunch of unwanted pop-up ads on every website you visit, causing forced redirection to malicious sites and bring more threats to your system. Soon your system will get infected by several similar threats which will make your computer completely inoperable.
How does it infect your PC?
New.stormstone.top intrudes on the targeted computer through various suspicious methods. Bundled freeware software is one of the most common ways of spreading malware online. Cybercrooks often attach malicious programs to freeware software that people normally download from the Internet. When you install such a contaminated program, hidden threats automatically get installed. Always choose custom or advanced installation methods to avoid such infections.
Spam email attachments are also used for malware distribution on a massive scale. Do not open any email attachments without scanning and do not click on any suspicious links. New.stormstone.top could also get distributed via other similar threats and redirect malware. Browsing torrent or porn sites often causes such forced redirects which can result in the download of malware on your PC.
Do not download any pirated or cracked software on your system, because they often have hidden malware and threats. Sharing files on an unsafe network (peer-to-peer file sharing), illegal patches for games or fake software updates could also bring similar threats to your PC.
New.stormstone.top: Threat Analysis
Why it is dangerous?
Once inside your machine, New.stormstone.top virus can disable your anti-virus program and firewall security to avoid its removal. It can easily hijack Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, IE, Opera, and other main web browsers. This threat can also create new registry entries that help it to get back on your PC after removal. It can also track your online activities and browsing history to collect your personal information.
It gathers details like your IP address, Geo Locations, Credit card details, social media login ID & passwords, etc., and sends them to cyber criminals. Your details could be used to show targeted ads on your system and also for trapping other users. You could become a victim of identity theft or bank fraud. It can also open a backdoor on your system to provide safe passage to other threats and cyber crooks. It is very important to completely remove New.stormstone.top virus from your computer.
How To Remove New.stormstone.top
Remove New.stormstone.top with SpyHunter
Removing threats and viruses manually from a computer can be hectic but SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware can make this task much simpler. It can help you find and delete all kinds of threats like Trojans, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily from your PC. You just have to install the application and run a new scan on your PC.
It will easily find New.stormstone.top virus and all other hidden threats and remove them efficiently in no time. You will also get 24X7 customer support and Custom Malware removal via one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support. SpyHunter can block threats in real time via its advanced System Guard feature. It is compatible with your anti-virus application and fills the security gaps to provide the best protection.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you will need to download the SpyHunter Installer on your computer. The below download button will take you to the download page in a new tab, so this guide will be still accessible to you.
- The SpyHunter-Installer.exe file will get downloaded on your PC. Run the installer via a double-click to start the installation and follow the instructions to complete the setup.
- Launch SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware after the installation if it does not automatically starts. Now you will have to click on the Start Scan Now button to detect all hidden threats and viruses on your PC.
- Once you start scanning your system, wait for a few minutes. The software will run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and give you a detailed report of all the threats found on your PC.
- After the scan, a complete list of all threats will be shown to you. Finally, you will just have to click on the Next button to immediately remove all the threats at once.
Uninstall New.stormstone.top from Control Panel
- First, you need to press and hold the Windows key and then hit the R button.
- Soon you will see the Windows Run Box on your computer screen.
- Now type or copy-paste appwiz.cpl in the run box and click the OK button.
- You will see the Programs and Features windows with a list of all installed applications.
- Find any unknown or suspicious app related to the virus and then press the Uninstall button.
Remove New.stormstone.top From Browser
This threat tricks users into allowing push notifications by altering the browser settings. You need to reverse the changes made by this infection to stop those unwanted pop-up ads and redirects.
It will take some doing but very much possible. However, if you are using the Anti-Malware application, it will be done automatically. But still, we have created a detailed manual guide and the below steps can help you reverse the browser settings.
- Go to the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the (⋮) icon from the upper right corner of the browser.
- Press on the Settings button from the right-side drop-down menu.
- Choose the Privacy and Security option from the left sidebar on the settings page.
- Now click on the Site Settings option and then open the Notifications tab.
- Here you can see the list of websites showing pop-up ads on your browser.
- Find the malicious website causing trouble, click on the (⋮) icon next to it and press the Remove button.
- Access the Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the (☰) icon from the upper right corner of firefox.
- You will see a drop-down menu there, click on the Settings option.
- Click on Privacy & Security from the left sidebar on the settings page.
- Scroll down and open the Notifications settings option on this page.
- A list of all websites with permission to show notifications on your browser will appear here.
- Select the malicious website and click on the Remove Website button.
- Open the MS Edge menu by clicking on the (…) icon from the upper right corner of the edge browser.
- A drop-down menu will show on the right side of your browser instantly.
- Scroll down and look for the Settings option and click on it.
- Click on the Cookies and site permissions option from the left sidebar.
- Open the Notifications option to see the sites causing trouble.
- Find the malicious website, click on (…) icon and press the Remove button.
- You can do the same process with the Pop-ups and redirect settings also.
- Open Safari Menu by clicking on the Safari button from the top left side right next to the apple icon.
- The browser settings menu will appear as a drop-down list instantly.
- You will have to click on the Preferences option from the list.
- Open the Website tab and then click on the Notifications option on the left side.
- You will see the list of all the websites showing notifications on this page.
- Now select the malicious site and click on the Remove button.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
You should also reset your browser settings to default after removing the New.stormstone.top virus. Follow the below steps to undo all the changes made by the virus to your browser settings:
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome’s Menu (⋮) from the upper right corner as explained earlier.
- Find and click on the Reset and Clean up option from the left menu.
- Press the Restore settings to their original defaults option.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your browser.
Refresh Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox Menu (☰) from the upper right corner as explained above.
- You will again see the drop-down menu on the right side of your browser.
- Press the Help option from the list to open the Firefox help menu.
- Now click on the More troubleshooting information option.
- Finally hit the Refresh Firefox button to reset your browser settings.
Reset MS Edge Browser
- Click on the More Tools (…) option on Microsoft Edge from the upper right corner.
- A drop-down menu will instantly appear on your browser screen.
- Find and click on the Settings option from the Edge drop-down menu.
- Click on the Reset Settings option from the left side menu.
- Hit the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Finally, press the Reset button if your browser asks for permission.
Reset Safari Browser
- Click on the Safari menu from the top of the browser right next to the Apple logo.
- You will see a drop-down menu right there when you will click on the Safari menu.
- Click on the Clear History and Website Data option from the menu.
- A new dialogue box will appear saying Clearing will remove history, cookies, and other website data.
- Finally, click on the Clear History button to clear all the data and reset your browser settings.
Your browser will get back to its default settings once you perform the above steps to reset your browser. Rest assured it will not delete your saved passwords or bookmarks. All the unwanted pop-ups and browser redirections should stop now.