Ocean Saver is a notorious browser hijacker infection that can cause major damage to the compromised machine. If your PC is infected by this malware then removing it manually may take hours. A little mistake in the process could damage your computer entirely. You are advised to follow this guide carefully to delete this nasty virus safely.
What is Ocean Saver?
Ocean Saver is an unsafe domain being promoted as a legitimate search provider by cyber crooks. This threat can be easily classified as a browser hijacker infection that manipulates users’ web browsing to generate illegal revenue. It is a Potentially harmful program that may have found its way inside your computer without your knowledge or permission. It may not look like malware at first but it can cause major problems on an infected PC.
Once inside the targeted system, it first compromises the main web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, IE, Opera, and others. It is able to work with all the most commonly used web browsers. This fake search provider virus will change the default search engine, homepage, and cookie settings on infected browsers without your permission. Whenever you will open your browser to surf the Internet, Ocean Saver will appear as the default page or open a new tab on your browser. It claims to be a genuine program and promises to enhance users’ web surfing experience which is completely a lie.
Ocean Saver will show sponsored search results which clearly compromises the chances of you getting desired search results. You most often end up visiting sponsored websites with fake promotions and could get cheated into buying low-quality services or products. This virus will also show tons of third-party ads on your browser and on websites that you visit. These ads will firstly slow down the websites and also affect the user experience. They can also forcibly redirect your browser to suspicious websites and ask you to allow push notifications.
Is Ocean Saver is harmful?
Ocean Saver itself may not be harmful malware but it surely causes lots of problems. It will bombard your computer screen with lots of unwanted and annoying pop-up ads, banners, offers, surveys, deals, notifications, alerts and etc. Clicking on such advertisements may redirect your browser to harmful websites that host malicious scripts. Your computer can get infected by dangerous threats like Trojan, Ransomware, Spyware, and others.
Since Ocean Saver has the tendency to make unauthorized changes to computer and browser settings, security experts consider it a phishing and harmful threat. It is hard to tell if any program is dangerous or not at first look but users soon find out its evil work. Well, its only motive is to take advantage of your online activities and wants to make an illegal profit through click baits. Ocean Saver helps remote criminals to derive traffic for the malicious website that is normally used for phishing and malware spreading.
The primary objective of threats like Ocean Saver is to provide illegal traffic to sponsored sites using whatever method necessary like showing ads, redirecting searches, opening new tab ads, and installing new browser extensions for forced web redirection. Moreover, it promotes several malicious links on your browsing screen and is fully capable to ruin your entire browsing activities in just no time whatsoever. In simple words, this browser hijacker infection will make your system completely useless if not removed soon.
Ocean Saver: Threat Analysis
How did your PC got infected?
Threats like this use various deceptive tricks to get into your computer. Creators of such applications use the software bundling technique to spread their malicious programs. When you download any bundled freeware application on your system, then hidden threats like this can easily get installed on your PC without asking for permission.
Downloading pirated software and content from Torrent websites and browsing porn sites could also bring Ocean Saver and similar infections to your PC. Spam emails, sharing files on an unsafe network, and injecting infected USB drives into your system can also deliver malware to your computer.
Browser Hijackers can compromise your privacy
Browser hijacker virus is a type of malware that can get complete access to your browser without your consent. Ocean Saver can track your online activities to gather your browsing history, cookie details, saved passwords, and other sensitive information. It can collect all those details to show personalized ads on your computer system but it can sell your private information to hackers.
Your data can be used to target your PC, perform a scam on you or others and you could become a victim of identity theft or cyber fraud. With the invasion of this nasty browser hijacker infection, your system security and your privacy both are at risk. In order to get rid of such huge problems, you are advised to remove Ocean Saver instantly.
How To Remove Ocean Saver
Automatic Ocean Saver Removal Guide
It can be hectic to remove threats from an infected PC but the use of powerful Anti-Malware can make it quite easy. SpyHunter anti-malware can help you to remove Trojan, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily. You can scan your system for Ocean Saver virus, and all other hidden threats at once. All you need to do is to download this software and run a new scan on your PC.
It will find all the threats and viruses in no time and save you lots of time and effort. This amazing software also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware definition updates make it most effective against the latest attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- You will begin by downloading the software on your system for which you have to click on the below download button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the Anti-Malware program on your PC and proceed with the setup.
- After installation, you will need to launch the Anti-Malware application. From the welcome screen click on the Start Scan Now button to initiate a new scan of your PC.
- Once the scanning process begins, it will take some time to run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and find all hidden threats and malware.
- Soon you will find a complete list of all the threats on your system screen. Then you will need to click on the Next button to delete all the viruses.
Manual Ocean Saver Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Click on the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Windows Run Box.
- Now you will need to type in MSConfig and then click the OK button.
- The System configuration settings box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Boot tab, check the Safe Boot option, and select the network box,
- Finally, you will have to click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Open the Windows Rub box again on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- This time you will have to type in taskmgr and then click the OK button to open Windows Task Manager. Look for any unknown or malicious running on your system.
- Select the process which is taking lots of systems resources and then click on the End Task button.
Uninstall Ocean Saver from Control Panel
- Again you will need to open the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- This time you need to open the Windows Control Panel, so type in appwiz.cpl and then click the OK button.
- Programs and Features windows will appear on your computer screen with a list of all the installed applications.
- Now you need to look for any unknown or virus related program and then Uninstall it from your PC.
Remove Ocean Saver From Registry Editor
- Again open the Windows Run Box on your PC by using the Windows and R keys.
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, type in Regedit and click the OK button.
- Now you will have to find the virus related registry files and remove them.
- Press CTRL and F keys together on the keyboard to start a Find query.
- Type the virus name and click on Find Next button to find malicious entries and delete them.
Remove Ocean Saver From Browser
Most of the time, threats like this make several changes to the browser which helps it to track victims’ online activities. They use browser hijacking capabilities to show ads, offers, alerts, and notifications or steal the personal information of the victim. It is important to completely remove the virus from the browser or it may come back. Follow the below steps to remove this infection from your browser.
Remove Ocean Saver From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press the ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- First, launch the Google Chrome browser then go to the upper right corner and click on the Menu (⋮) option.
- You will see a drop-down menu, select the More tools option and then choose the Extensions option.
- Find any unknown and malicious extensions from the Chrome extensions page and then click the trash can icon to remove them completely.
Eliminate Ocean Saver From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in the URL bar, Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- This time launch the Mozilla Firefox browser and take your mouse to the upper right corner and click on Menu (☰) option.
- Firefox drop-down menu will appear on your screen then click on the Add-ons option.
- Choose the Extensions option from the left side menu to see the list of installed extensions on your browser.
- Look for any suspicious or unknown extensions and then uninstall them by clicking on the Remove button.
Remove Ocean Saver From Microsoft Edge
- Edge users will launch their MS Edge browser, go to the upper right corner and click on More Tools (⋮) option.
- Again to see the list of all installed extensions, click on the Extensions option from the Edge drop-down menu.
- Find any suspicious or potentially harmful extension and then click on the Uninstall button to remove it.
Remove Ocean Saver From Apple Safari
- If you use the Safari browser then launch it and click on the Safari menu then tap on the Preferences option.
- Now just click on the Extensions tab to see the list of all installed extensions on your browser.
- Find any virus related or malicious extensions then click on Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Delete Ocean Saver From Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer users also need to click on the Menu option from the upper right corner.
- When the browser’s drop-down list appears, select the manage Add-ons option to see all installed extensions.
- If there are any unknown or malicious extensions then remove them by clicking on Disable button.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
Once you remove Ocean Saver from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by the virus. Follow the below steps for that :
Google Chrome Web Browser Reset
- First, you need to open Chrome’s settings option by clicking on the Menu (⋮) from the upper right corner.
- You will find a Reset and Clean up option from the left side menu, click on it.
- Now you need to click on the Restore settings to their original defaults option from your screen.
- Finally, give your confirmation by clicking on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Mozilla Firefox Browser Reset
- Launch your Mozilla Firefox browser then go to the upper right corner and click on Menu (☰) option.
- A drop-down menu will appear then click on the Help option to open the Firefox help menu.
- Now click on the More troubleshooting information option.
- Press the Refresh Firefox button and when the system prompts then again give confirmation by clicking on the Refresh Firefox.
MS Edge Browser Reset
- Launch your Microsoft Edge browser then take your mouse to the upper right corner and click on More Tools (…) option.
- When the Edge drop-down menu appears, scroll down until you see the Settings option and click on it.
- Click on the Reset Settings option from the left side menu and then click on the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Finally, when the system prompts you to verify click on the Reset button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Safari users need to open their browser and tap on the Safari menu then select the Reset Safari option.
- Select what you want to clear or you can simply check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- To reset the Internet Explorer browser first click on the Menu icon and hit Internet options.
- Now you will need to click on the Advanced tab and then click the Reset button.
- Check the Delete personal settings option, and again hit the Reset button.