Are your getting lots of Ads by OneBlock on your computer? Due to showing unwanted and annoying pop-up ads, it is considered adware. Since most of the users don’t download or install this program intentionally, OneBlock can be also categorized as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) or Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA). In this guide, I will show you how to remove this infection from your computer safely.
What is OneBlock
OneBlock virus operates as a program that shows unwanted advertisements on the infected PC without the user’s permission. This kind of infection slips into the targeted system silently and makes unwanted changes around the system setting. Such activity is not only illegal but also very harmful to the host machine.
An excessive amount of advertisements on every webpage that you visit, and forced browser redirection on unreliable websites is the signature of this kind of malware infection. This behavior of OneBlock infection might also help other malware to infiltrate your computer. It is a nasty PC threat that comes under the adware category. Its main motive is to engage most web users and redirect the traffic to its partner websites.
Most people think that every piece of information on the Internet is free. Many people often try to use paid services and program through free means. Unfortunately, their search often leads them to low-quality and malicious websites that host harmful codes. By browsing such sites, your PC can get infected by OneBlock and many other similar threats. Do not visit any dubious sites in the search of free stuff and do not allow unwanted pop-up notifications that appear on your browser automatically.
OneBlock helps infiltrate other threats
The most recent analysis of OneBlock shows that this Unwanted Program can also distribute other threats and infections. It may disable your active anti-virus security so it cannot get detected or removed. It is also known for its capability to modify browser settings.
This nasty adware virus may redirect users to some fake search engine with lots of sponsored ads. When malicious sites get opened repeatedly on your PC, it increases the chances of other malware attacks. You should never click on unwanted and annoying Ads shown by this virus because that most likely can redirect your browser to various scam pages or malware distribution sources.
It spread through illegal means
Most of the time, people don’t even know that their system is infected by any virus. OneBlock is also a silent intruder which uses various methods to infiltrate that targeted computer. It mainly gets downloaded to the infected computer through bundled free third-party programs and software. It can also get downloaded to infected PC from compromised or malicious websites.
You can also get this OneBlock virus when you click on malicious links and misleading adverts. So don’t go find free stuff online and never visit porn or torrent sites to keep your system safe. Downloading cracked software or nulled themes, plugins, etc. could also bring this malware onto your PC, so avoid them.
Cybercriminals upload malicious programs to freeware files or low-quality sites in a well-disguised manner. It is hard to detect such hidden infections, let alone find and remove them. So instead of using illegal and cracked stuff, download applications only from official sites. You must not be tempted to click any pop-ups or banners that appear on your browser to avoid the installation of malicious scripts or codes.
OneBlock: Threat Analysis
Why it is harmful to your PC
OneBlock not only intrudes on your PC, mess with your settings, shows ads, and brings more infection, but it can cause more harm. This kind of malware also tends to collect private and sensitive information from users. It can access your browsing cookies, history, most visited sites, etc. related to users’ browsing behavior and collect personal information. The information gathered by OneBlock is further used to show custom ads and shared with third parties. Those details could be used by hackers for illegal profit-making purposes.
Stop malicious virus activities on your PC
If somehow your PC got infected by OneBlock virus then you should try to remove it completely from your system ASAP. As long you will allow this malware on your system, it will keep causing more problems. It is not always easy to manually remove viruses from infected PC because they create various new files and shortcuts. You should install a good Anti-malware program to help you get rid of this threat.
After removing the OneBlock virus, make sure that you clean your browser and reset it as well to undo all the unwanted modifications done by this infection. We have prepared a very easy-to-follow step-by-step guide here for you. It can help you remove this virus and reset all your browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and others. You can find those detailed instructions below in this guide along with some prevention tips to avoid further malware intrusion.
How To Remove OneBlock
Automatic OneBlock Removal Guide
It can be hectic to remove threats from an infected PC but the use of powerful Anti-Malware can make it quite easy. SpyHunter anti-malware can help you to remove Trojans, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily. You can scan your system for OneBlock virus, and all other hidden threats at once. All you need to do is to download this software and run a new scan on your PC.
It will find all the threats and viruses in no time and save you lots of time and effort. This amazing software also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware definition updates make it most effective against the latest attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- You will begin by downloading the software on your system for which you have to click on the below download button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the Anti-Malware program on your PC and proceed with the setup.
- After installation, you will need to launch the Anti-Malware application. From the welcome screen click on the Start Scan Now button to initiate a new scan of your PC.
- Once the scanning process begins, it will take some time to run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and find all hidden threats and malware.
- Soon you will find a complete list of all the threats on your system screen. Then you will need to click on the Next button to delete all the viruses.
Manual OneBlock Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Click on the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Windows Run Box.
- Now you will need to type in MSConfig and then click the OK button.
- The System configuration settings box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Boot tab, check the Safe Boot option, and select the network box,
- Finally, you will have to click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Open the Windows Rub box again on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- This time you will have to type in taskmgr and then click the OK button to open Windows Task Manager. Look for any unknown or malicious running on your system.
- Select the process which is taking lots of systems resources and then click on the End Task button.
Uninstall OneBlock from Control Panel
- Again you will need to open the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- This time you need to open the Windows Control Panel, so type in appwiz.cpl and then click the OK button.
- Programs and Features windows will appear on your computer screen with a list of all the installed applications.
- Now you need to look for any unknown or virus related program and then Uninstall it from your PC.
Remove OneBlock From Registry Editor
- Again open the Windows Run Box on your PC by using the Windows and R keys.
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, type in Regedit and click the OK button.
- Now you will have to find the virus related registry files and remove them.
- Press CTRL and F keys together on the keyboard to start a Find query.
- Type the virus name and click on Find Next button to find malicious entries and delete them.
Remove OneBlock From Browser
Most of the time, threats like this make several changes to the browser which helps it to track victims’ online activities. They use browser hijacking capabilities to show ads, offers, alerts, and notifications or steal the personal information of the victim. It is important to completely remove the virus from the browser or it may come back. Follow the below steps to remove this infection from your browser.
Remove OneBlock From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press the ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- First, launch the Google Chrome browser then go to the upper right corner and click on the Menu (⋮) option.
- You will see a drop-down menu, select the More tools option and then choose the Extensions option.
- Find any unknown and malicious extensions from the Chrome extensions page and then click the trash can icon to remove them completely.
Eliminate OneBlock From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in the URL bar, Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- This time launch the Mozilla Firefox browser and take your mouse to the upper right corner and click on Menu (☰) option.
- Firefox drop-down menu will appear on your screen then click on the Add-ons option.
- Choose the Extensions option from the left side menu to see the list of installed extensions on your browser.
- Look for any suspicious or unknown extensions and then uninstall them by clicking on the Remove button.
Remove OneBlock From Microsoft Edge
- Edge users will launch their MS Edge browser, go to the upper right corner and click on More Tools (⋮) option.
- Again to see the list of all installed extensions, click on the Extensions option from the Edge drop-down menu.
- Find any suspicious or potentially harmful extension and then click on the Uninstall button to remove it.
Remove OneBlock From Apple Safari
- If you use the Safari browser then launch it and click on the Safari menu then tap on the Preferences option.
- Now just click on the Extensions tab to see the list of all installed extensions on your browser.
- Find any virus related or malicious extensions then click on Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Delete OneBlock From Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer users also need to click on the Menu option from the upper right corner.
- When the browser’s drop-down list appears, select the manage Add-ons option to see all installed extensions.
- If there are any unknown or malicious extensions then remove them by clicking on Disable button.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
Once you remove OneBlock from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by the virus. Follow the below steps for that :
Google Chrome Web Browser Reset
- First, you need to open Chrome’s settings option by clicking on the Menu (⋮) from the upper right corner.
- You will find a Reset and Clean up option from the left side menu, click on it.
- Now you need to click on the Restore settings to their original defaults option from your screen.
- Finally, give your confirmation by clicking on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Mozilla Firefox Browser Reset
- Launch your Mozilla Firefox browser then go to the upper right corner and click on Menu (☰) option.
- A drop-down menu will appear then click on the Help option to open the Firefox help menu.
- Now click on the More troubleshooting information option.
- Press the Refresh Firefox button and when the system prompts then again give confirmation by clicking on the Refresh Firefox.
MS Edge Browser Reset
- Launch your Microsoft Edge browser then take your mouse to the upper right corner and click on More Tools (…) option.
- When the Edge drop-down menu appears, scroll down until you see the Settings option and click on it.
- Click on the Reset Settings option from the left side menu and then click on the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Finally, when the system prompts you to verify click on the Reset button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Safari users need to open their browser and tap on the Safari menu then select the Reset Safari option.
- Select what you want to clear or you can simply check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- To reset the Internet Explorer browser first click on the Menu icon and hit Internet options.
- Now you will need to click on the Advanced tab and then click the Reset button.
- Check the Delete personal settings option, and again hit the Reset button.