SearchIT New Tab is a notorious browser hijacker infection that can cause major damage to the compromised machine. If your PC is infected by this malware then removing it manually may take hours. A little mistake in the process could damage your computer entirely. You are advised to follow this guide carefully to delete this nasty virus safely.
What is SearchIT New Tab?
SearchIT New Tab is an unsafe domain being promoted as a legitimate search provider by cyber crooks. This threat can be easily classified as a browser hijacker infection that manipulates users’ web browsing to generate illegal revenue. It is a Potentially harmful program that may have found its way inside your computer without your knowledge or permission. It may not look like malware at first but it can cause major problems on an infected PC.
Once inside the targeted system, it first compromises the main web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, IE, Opera, and others. It is able to work with all the most commonly used web browsers. This fake search provider virus will change the default search engine, homepage, and cookie settings on infected browsers without your permission. Whenever you will open your browser to surf the Internet, SearchIT New Tab will appear as the default page or open a new tab on your browser. It claims to be a genuine program and promises to enhance users’ web surfing experience which is completely a lie.
SearchIT New Tab will show sponsored search results which clearly compromises the chances of you getting desired search results. You most often end up visiting sponsored websites with fake promotions and could get cheated into buying low-quality services or products. This virus will also show tons of third-party ads on your browser and on websites that you visit. These ads will firstly slow down the websites and also affect the user experience. They can also forcibly redirect your browser to suspicious websites and ask you to allow push notifications.
Is SearchIT New Tab is harmful
SearchIT New Tab itself may not be harmful malware but it surely causes lots of problems. It will bombard your computer screen with lots of unwanted and annoying pop-up ads, banners, offers, surveys, deals, notifications, alerts and etc. Clicking on such advertisements may redirect your browser to harmful websites that host malicious scripts. Your computer can get infected by dangerous threats like Trojans, Ransomware, Spyware, and others.
Since SearchIT New Tab has the tendency to make unauthorized changes to computer and browser settings, security experts consider it a phishing and harmful threat. It is hard to tell if any program is dangerous or not at first look but users soon find out its evil work. Well, its only motive is to take advantage of your online activities and wants to make an illegal profit through click baits. SearchIT New Tab helps remote criminals to derive traffic for the malicious website that is normally used for phishing and malware spreading.
The primary objective of threats like SearchIT New Tab is to provide illegal traffic to sponsored sites using whatever method necessary like showing ads, redirecting searches, opening new tab ads, and installing new browser extensions for forced web redirection. Moreover, it promotes several malicious links on your browsing screen and is fully capable to ruin your entire browsing activities in just no time whatsoever. In simple words, this browser hijacker infection will make your system completely useless if not removed soon.
SearchIT New Tab: Threat Analysis
How did your PC got infected
Threats like this use various deceptive tricks to get into your computer. Creators of such applications use the software bundling technique to spread their malicious programs. When you download any bundled freeware application on your system, then hidden threats like this can easily get installed on your PC without asking for permission.
Downloading pirated software and content from Torrent websites and browsing porn sites could also bring similar infections to your PC. Spam emails, sharing files on an unsafe network, and injecting infected USB drives into your system can also deliver malware to your computer.
Browser Hijackers can compromise your privacy
Browser hijacker virus is a type of malware that can get complete access to your browser without your consent. SearchIT New Tab can track your online activities to gather your browsing history, cookie details, saved passwords, and other sensitive information. It can collect all those details to show personalized ads on your computer system but it can sell your private information to hackers.
Your data can be used to target your PC, perform a scam on you or others and you could become a victim of identity theft or cyber fraud. With the invasion of this nasty browser hijacker infection, your system security and your privacy both are at risk. In order to get rid of such huge problems, you are advised to remove SearchIT New Tab instantly.
How To Remove SearchIT New Tab
Remove SearchIT New Tab with SpyHunter
Removing threats and viruses manually from a computer can be hectic but SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware can make this task much simpler. It can help you find and delete all kinds of threats like Trojans, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily from your PC. You just have to install the application and run a new scan on your PC.
It will easily find SearchIT New Tab virus and all other hidden threats and remove them efficiently in no time. You will also get 24X7 customer support and Custom Malware removal via one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support. SpyHunter can block threats in real time via its advanced System Guard feature. It is compatible with your anti-virus application and fills the security gaps to provide the best protection.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- First, you will need to download the SpyHunter Installer on your computer. The below download button will take you to the download page in a new tab, so this guide will be still accessible to you.
- The SpyHunter-Installer.exe file will get downloaded on your PC. Run the installer via a double-click to start the installation and follow the instructions to complete the setup.
- Launch SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware after the installation if it does not automatically starts. Now you will have to click on the Start Scan Now button to detect all hidden threats and viruses on your PC.
- Once you start scanning your system, wait for a few minutes. The software will run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and give you a detailed report of all the threats found on your PC.
- After the scan, a complete list of all threats will be shown to you. Finally, you will just have to click on the Next button to immediately remove all the threats at once.
Uninstall SearchIT New Tab from Control Panel
Threats like this can act as an application and hence it is important to track and remove programs associated with it. It may not be easy because the program in your control panel may have a different name. You need to identify any unknown or suspicious application that you have not installed yourself.
- First, you need to press and hold the Windows key and then hit the R button.
- Soon you will see the Windows Run Box on your computer screen.
- Now type or copy-paste appwiz.cpl in the run box and click the OK button.
- You will see the Programs and Features windows with a list of all installed applications.
- Find any unknown or suspicious app related to the virus and then press the Uninstall button.
Remove SearchIT New Tab From Browser
Most threats alter your browser settings to show unwanted pop-up ads and redirect your searches to suspicious sites. They can also install malicious extensions to your browser without permission to modify your browser settings. Below steps can help you remove malicious extensions from your browser.
Remove From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the Menu (⋮) from the upper right corner.
- After you will click on that option, a drop-down chrome menu will appear.
- Click on the More tools option and then open the Extensions settings.
- Find any suspicious or harmful extension related to the virus.
- Finally, press the Remove button to remove the malicious extension.
Remove From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on Menu (☰) from the upper right corner.
- It will instantly trigger a drop-down menu right beneath the menu option.
- Click on Add-ons then select the Extensions tab from the left sidebar.
- Search for any extension related to the virus or other suspicious add-ons.
- At last click on the Remove button to get rid of the harmful extension.
Uninstall From Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge and click on More Tools (…) from the upper right corner.
- It will bring forward a drop-down menu on your Edge browser.
- Find and click on the Extension option to see all installed extensions.
- Look for any suspicious or unknown extension that may be related to the virus.
- Click on the Uninstall button to remove the harmful extension from your browser.
Uninstall From Safari
- Open the Safari browser and select the Preferences option after clicking on the Safari menu (in the top left side).
- The General preferences windows of Safari browser will get opened on your screen.
- Now open the Extensions tab from the Safari Preferences window to see the list of all installed extensions.
- First, you need to disable the suspicious extension by clicking on the check box from the left sidebar.
- Finally, click on the Uninstall button to completely remove the extension from your browser.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
You should also reset your browser settings to default after removing SearchIT New Tab to revert the changes made to the homepage and search engine. Follow the below steps to undo all the modifications made by the virus to your browser settings:
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome’s Menu (⋮) from the upper right corner as explained earlier.
- Find and click on the Reset and Clean up option from the left menu.
- Press the Restore settings to their original defaults option.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button to reset your browser.
Refresh Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox Menu (☰) from the upper right corner as explained above.
- You will again see the drop-down menu on the right side of your browser.
- Press the Help option from the list to open the Firefox help menu.
- Now click on the More troubleshooting information option.
- Finally hit the Refresh Firefox button to reset your browser settings.
MS Edge Browser Reset
- Click on the More Tools (…) option on Microsoft Edge from the upper right corner.
- A drop-down menu will instantly appear on your browser screen.
- Find and click on the Settings option from the Edge drop-down menu.
- Click on the Reset Settings option from the left side menu.
- Hit the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Finally, press the Reset button if your browser asks for permission.
Reset Safari Browser
- Click on the Safari menu from the top of the browser right next to the Apple logo.
- You will see a drop-down menu right there when you will click on the Safari menu.
- Click on the Clear History and Website Data option from the menu.
- A new dialogue box will appear saying Clearing will remove history, cookies, and other website data.
- Finally, click on the Clear History button to clear all the data and reset your browser settings.
Your browser will get back to its default settings once you perform the above steps to reset your browser. Rest assured it will not delete your browser history, saved passwords, or bookmarks. All the unwanted pop-ups and browser redirections should stop now.