SNet is a recently disSNetered ransomware infection. It has been causing severe damage and forcing victims to pay ransom money by encrypting their files. It is programmed to encrypt files (rendering them useless) until a certain ransom amount is paid.
This threat can be easily identified by the “.SNet” extension that it uses to rename files. For example, a file named “photo.jpg” would appear as “photo.jpg.SNet”, “work.doc” as “work.doc.SNet”, and so on. It also generates ransom notes on infected PC upon successful encryption of all the data.
Unfortunately, SNet virus infected files are not decryptable by any free software. Attackers force users to pay huge sums of money as ransom fees to buy decryption tools. Read this guide to know how to delete this virus and reSNeter your files.
What is SNet Ransomware?
SNet is a powerful crypto locker virus. It uses an advanced encryption algorithm to lock files. It is designed to sneak into the targeted computer and encrypt the user’s data. Then it renames all the files by adding its own extension. Then this nasty virus generates a ransom note after rendering all the files inaccessible. SNet Ransomware aims to extort money from victims as payment for the decryption tools and private keys.
This nasty .SNet File Virus can encrypt all types of files (images, videos, music, documents, backups, etc.) on the infected machine. You will not be able to access any of the data without decrypting them. This virus can also affect files on connected USB drives and external hard drives. Ransom note instructs victims to contact attackers and pay the ransom fees through cryptocurrency. However, we strictly advise you not to co-operate with the cybercriminals behind this ransomware virus.
How Does SNet Virus Attack Users?
Attackers behind SNet virus use several mass targeting methods. The spam email campaign is one of the most used techniques to spread threats online. Cybercriminals send fake emails containing legit services and company names. These emails carry malicious attachments and links to suspicious sites. Opening such mail and downloading the attachment or clicking on links can trigger the download of malware.
SNet virus could also get distributed via Bundled freeware programs, social media, and peer-to-peer file-sharing services. Downloading pirated software or fake software and illegal patches can bring this threat to your PC. Clicking on misleading pop-up ads, alerts, banners, offers, etc. can redirect the browser to suspicious sites. Those websites could trigger the automatic download and installation of malware secretly. Check important tips at the end of this article to prevent such malware attacks in the future.
SNet Ransomware: Threat Analysis
Working of Ransomware Virus
When a ransomware threat like SNet infiltrates a system, it immediately executes the file encryption process. Most of the time users don’t even notice until all their data gets locked. During this process, all the important files – documents, media, databases, backups, archives, etc. get encoded. After successful encryption, a ransom note is created to inform victims about the attack.
The main purpose of the ransom note is to demand money from users in return for the decryption of their data. It also contains information about how to contact the attacks and other warnings. SNet virus can also delete shadow files and restore points to prevent users from restoring their data. It can also disable your anti-virus and firewall security to make your system defenseless.
How to deal with .SNet Virus
.SNet Virus Ransomware is a dangerous computer malware. You should be removed it instantly to prevent further damage to your PC. Removing this infection will not restore your files but it will stop the encryption of any more data.
If you are thinking of paying then it’s a terrible idea. Do not trust cybercriminals to restore your files after getting paid. They often stop communicating after receiving the funds and there is no way to track cryptocurrency payments. Most of the ransomware victims get cheated and don’t get the decryption software.
You are advised to use a powerful Anti-Malware Tool to get rid of .SNet Virus from your computer. You can reSNeter your files through backup. If you don’t have any backup of your data then you can use Data ReSNetery Software to restore the previous version of your files.
How To Remove SNet File Virus
Automatic SNet Virus Removal Guide
It can be hectic to remove threats from an infected PC but the use of powerful Anti-Malware can make it quite easy. SpyHunter anti-malware can help you to remove Trojans, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily. You can scan your system for SNet virus and all other hidden threats at once. All you need to do is to download this software and run a new scan on your PC.
It will find all the threats and viruses in no time and save you lots of time and effort. This amazing software also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware definition updates make it most effective against the latest attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- You will begin by downloading the software on your system for which you have to click on the below download button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the Anti-Malware program on your PC and proceed with the setup.
- After installation, you will need to launch the Anti-Malware application. From the welcome screen click on the Start Scan Now button to initiate a new scan of your PC.
- Once the scanning process begins, it will take some time to run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and find all hidden threats and malware.
- Soon you will find a complete list of all the threats on your system screen. Then you will need to click on the Next button to delete all the viruses.
How To Decrypt .SNet Files
As there is no SNet ransomware decryptor available, you will need to use alternate options to restore your files. The first one is to use the backup. If you have created a backup of your important files then it is going to be quite easy. However, if you don’t have any backup files or they also got encrypted by the virus then you will have to try a data reSNetery software.
We recommend using Stellar Data ReSNetery software because it is a powerful and trusted data reSNetery software. Paying ransom money is not ideal because it will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks. You can wait for any free decryptor to be launched but it can take forever. Download the free trial version of data reSNetery and scan your PC for files. It may be able to reSNeter some of your files and save you lots of money.
- Click on the below download button to get started instantly with the data reSNetery process on your PC.
- After the download click on the installer file and complete the software installation. Then launch the application and select the Data type to reSNeter, and click the Next button.
- After the selection of data, you will need to select the location from where you want to reSNeter data. Choose the location and then click on the Scan button.
- The software will take some time to scan your system. You will see a list of all the files that can be reSNetered. You can preview them or click on the ReSNeter button to save them.
Manual SNet Virus Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Click on the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Windows Run Box.
- Now you will need to type in MSConfig and then click the OK button.
- The System configuration settings box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Boot tab, check the Safe Boot option, and select the network box,
- Finally, you will have to click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Open the Windows Rub box again on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- This time you will have to type in taskmgr and then click the OK button to open Windows Task Manager. Look for any unknown or malicious running on your system.
- Select the process which is taking lots of systems resources and then click on the End Task button.
Uninstall SNet Virus from Control Panel
- Again you will need to open the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- This time you need to open the Windows Control Panel, so type in appwiz.cpl and then click the OK button.
- Programs and Features windows will appear on your computer screen with a list of all the installed applications.
- Now you need to look for any unknown or virus related program and then Uninstall it from your PC.
Remove SNet Virus From Registry Editor
- Again open the Windows Run Box on your PC by using the Windows and R keys.
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, type in Regedit and click the OK button.
- Now you will have to find the virus related registry files and remove them.
- Press CTRL and F keys together on the keyboard to start a Find query.
- Type the virus name and click on Find Next button to find malicious entries and delete them.
Remove Malicious IP addresses from Windows Hosts Files
- To open the Windows hosts file, simply press the Windows and R keys together on the keyboard.
- Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Now you will need to access the Windows hosts file using Notepad.
- Most threats add malicious IP addresses here to automatically connect to remote servers.
- Delete all the malicious IP addresses below the localhost and save the file.
Delete Virus related files from your PC
When malware infects your system, it normally creates several malicious files and spread them at different locations. After you remove the malware, these leftover files help them to get back to your computer. Remove all virus related files at once by following the below instruction :
- Open the Windows Run Box again by using the Windows and R keys together.
- Now you will open the below paths one by one using the Run Box and remove malicious files.
For the first four options, look for any recent folder related to the SNet File Virus and remove them. For the Temp folder, you can delete all the files at once. Use Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys together for permanent removal.
Remove SNet Virus via system restore
- You will again need the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- Open the Command Prompt by typing in cmd and then clicking the OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- The System Restore window will get opened instantly then click on the Next button.
- Choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click the Next button.
- Finally, when you will hit the Yes button, the system restoration process with start immediately.
Note: System restore to remove a virus will only work if you have a restore point set on your PC. Otherwise, no changes will be made to your system and it will not remove any threats. Be advised, restoring the computer to a previous version does not always guarantee virus removal. Most viruses delete restore points, so don’t get disappointed if this trick does not work for you.