Is your computer infected by Topresultssearch.com virus? Are your browser homepage and search engines automatically got replaced? Are you getting lots of sponsored search results that lead to unwanted browser redirection? Is your browser getting filled with lots of ads and pop-ups which is interrupting your online activities? Are you unable to get rid of these problems?
Read this guide and follow the instructions to remove Topresultssearch.com virus completely from your PC.
What is Topresultssearch.com
Topresultssearch.com is a fake computer program that pretends to be genuine and useful. It claims to enhance the experience of users by showing relevant ads but the main motive of this program is monetization. It bombards the infected computer with lots of ads, pop-ups, banners, offers, and unwanted browser redirects to boost the traffic of its partner sites. Topresultssearch.com is solely intended to generate revenue for low-quality websites by aggressive web redirection and earn a commission for its services. Creators of this nasty infection usually embed it with free third-party programs to spread it online.
Topresultssearch.com is yet another vicious browser hijacker virus that is capable to control all known web browsers such as I.E, Chrome, Opera, Edge, Firefox, etc. On infected PC. It has been created by hackers to earn a quick profit. It usually sneaks into the targeted computer by stealth using different malicious tactics. Once activated, it will quickly modify all crucial settings in your web browser. It keeps redirecting users to different questionable sites. Due to this malware, users are unable to surf their favourite sites on the infected systems. Hence, it is very necessary to delete Topresultssearch.com virus at the earliest.
Topresultssearch.com virus not only causes browsing issues in your system but also compromises your system severely. It makes your system slower than ever before and also decreases your Internet speed. What’s more, users will experience frequent system crashes, hard drive failure, application malfunctioning, and other critical issues. This virus can also download other harmful viruses and make your PC vulnerable to fatal corruption. It is also quite risky for users’ privacy as it steals confidential information from victimized computers. Therefore, it is recommended that users remove Topresultssearch.com virus as soon as possible.
How does it infect your PC?
It is a dubious computer infection and it can get into your system through various tricks. Normally threat actors use software bundling to spread this infection. Most of the free download websites offer freeware programs that contain some additional attachments. This kind of hidden program doesn’t show any notification and gets installed silently. You can avoid this by choosing the Custom or Advanced installation option.
Spam emails sent by an unknown person may also carry malicious attachments that can download threats like Topresultssearch.com on a targeted PC. Apart from this, browsing porn or torrent sites, downloading cracked software or games, installing fake software updates are some other ways through which your computer can get infected.
Topresultssearch.com: Threat Analysis
Harmful Effects of Topresultssearch.com
Once inside your computer, it can do major changes to system and security settings. It can expose your entire system to others threats and risk your privacy. As it can gain full access to your browsers, it can install malicious add-ons or extensions and allow cookie permission for phishing websites to gather sensitive details.
It can steal all your passwords, social media accounts, email ID, credit card credentials without your knowing. This virus can share those personal details with third parties which can be used for illegal online activities. It may also make your system vulnerable to other threats and malware attacks. Topresultssearch.com is a malicious infection that users should not install on their computer and remove as soon as they detect this program.
How To Remove Topresultssearch.com
Automatic Topresultssearch.com Removal Guide
It can be hectic to remove threats from an infected PC but the use of powerful Anti-Malware can make it quite easy. SpyHunter anti-malware can help you to remove Trojan, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily. You can scan your system for Topresultssearch.com virus, and all other hidden threats at once. All you need to do is to download this software and run a new scan on your PC.
It will find all the threats and viruses in no time and save you lots of time and effort. This amazing software also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware definition updates make it most effective against the latest attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- You will begin by downloading the software on your system for which you have to click on the below download button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the Anti-Malware program on your PC and proceed with the setup.
- After installation, you will need to launch the Anti-Malware application. From the welcome screen click on the Start Scan Now button to initiate a new scan of your PC.
- Once the scanning process begins, it will take some time to run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and find all hidden threats and malware.
- Soon you will find a complete list of all the threats on your system screen. Then you will need to click on the Next button to delete all the viruses.
Manual Topresultssearch.com Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Click on the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Windows Run Box.
- Now you will need to type in MSConfig and then click the OK button.
- The System configuration settings box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Boot tab, check the Safe Boot option, and select the network box,
- Finally, you will have to click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Open the Windows Rub box again on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- This time you will have to type in taskmgr and then click the OK button to open Windows Task Manager. Look for any unknown or malicious running on your system.
- Select the process which is taking lots of systems resources and then click on the End Task button.
Uninstall Topresultssearch.com from Control Panel
- Again you will need to open the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- This time you need to open the Windows Control Panel, so type in appwiz.cpl and then click the OK button.
- Programs and Features windows will appear on your computer screen with a list of all the installed applications.
- Now you need to look for any unknown or Topresultssearch.com virus related program and then Uninstall it from your PC.
Remove Topresultssearch.com From Registry Editor
- Again open the Windows Run Box on your PC by using the Windows and R keys.
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, type in Regedit and click the OK button.
- Now you will have to find the virus related registry files and remove them.
- Press CTRL and F keys together on the keyboard to start a Find query.
- Type Topresultssearch.com and click on Find Next button to find malicious entries and delete them.
Remove Topresultssearch.com From Browser
Most of the time, threats like this make several changes to the browser which helps it to track victims’ online activities. They use browser hijacking capabilities to show ads, offers, alerts, and notifications or steal the personal information of the victim. It is important to completely remove the virus from the browser or it may come back. Follow the below steps to remove this infection from your browser.
Remove Topresultssearch.com From Google Chrome
Note: Type or copy-paste –
chrome://extensions in the URL bar of Google Chrome then press the ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- First, launch the Google Chrome browser then go to the upper right corner and click on the Menu (⋮) option.
- You will see a drop-down menu, select the More tools option and then choose the Extensions option.
- Find the malicious extensions related to the Topresultssearch.com virus from the Chrome extensions page and then click the trash can icon to remove them completely.
Eliminate Topresultssearch.com From Mozilla Firefox
Note: Type or copy-paste –
about:addons in the URL bar, Firefox then hit ENTER button to open the extensions page directly or follow the below steps.
- This time launch the Mozilla Firefox browser and take your mouse to the upper right corner and click on Menu (☰) option.
- Firefox drop-down menu will appear on your screen then click on the Add-ons option.
- Choose the Extensions option from the left side menu to see the list of installed extensions on your browser.
- Look for any suspicious or unknown extensions related to the Topresultssearch.com virus and then uninstall them by clicking on the Remove button.
Remove Topresultssearch.com From Microsoft Edge
- Edge users will launch their MS Edge browser, go to the upper right corner and click on More Tools (⋮) option.
- Again to see the list of all installed extensions, click on the Extensions option from the Edge drop-down menu.
- Find the Topresultssearch.com or any potentially harmful extension and then click on the Uninstall button to remove it.
Remove Topresultssearch.com From Apple Safari
- If you use the Safari browser then launch it and click on the Safari menu then tap on the Preferences option.
- Now just click on the Extensions tab to see the list of all installed extensions on your browser.
- Find Topresultssearch.com or any virus related or malicious extensions then click on Uninstall button.
- Finally, again click the Uninstall button to remove the extension completely.
Delete Topresultssearch.com From Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer users also need to click on the Menu option from the upper right corner.
- When the browser’s drop-down list appears, select the manage Add-ons option to see all installed extensions.
- If you find Topresultssearch.com or any unknown and malicious extensions then remove them by clicking on Disable button.
Reset Browser Setting to Default
Once you remove Topresultssearch.com from your browser, you might want to reset the browser to default settings to reset any changes made by the virus. Follow the below steps for that :
Google Chrome Web Browser Reset
- First, you need to open Chrome’s settings option by clicking on the Menu (⋮) from the upper right corner.
- You will find a Reset and Clean up option from the left side menu, click on it.
- Now you need to click on the Restore settings to their original defaults option from your screen.
- Finally, give your confirmation by clicking on the Reset Settings button to reset your chrome browser.
Mozilla Firefox Browser Reset
- Launch your Mozilla Firefox browser then go to the upper right corner and click on Menu (☰) option.
- A drop-down menu will appear then click on the Help option to open the Firefox help menu.
- Now click on the More troubleshooting information option.
- Press the Refresh Firefox button and when the system prompts then again give confirmation by clicking on the Refresh Firefox.
MS Edge Browser Reset
- Launch your Microsoft Edge browser then take your mouse to the upper right corner and click on More Tools (…) option.
- When the Edge drop-down menu appears, scroll down until you see the Settings option and click on it.
- Click on the Reset Settings option from the left side menu and then click on the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Finally, when the system prompts you to verify click on the Reset button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Safari users need to open their browser and tap on the Safari menu then select the Reset Safari option.
- Select what you want to clear or you can simply check all the boxes and then finally click on the Reset button.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- To reset the Internet Explorer browser first click on the Menu icon and hit Internet options.
- Now you will need to click on the Advanced tab and then click the Reset button.
- Check the Delete personal settings option, and again hit the Reset button.