What is Seiv Ransomware?
Seiv Ransomware is a nasty malware designed to prevent users from accessing their files. It achieves its goal by using a powerful encryption algorithm that locks all the data stored on the infected PC. Afterward, victims are forced to pay ransom money for decryption tools to regain access to their files.
Seiv Virus can encrypt all types of documents, images, video, audio, databases, archives, backup files, etc. It marks the locked files by appending the “.seiv” extension to the original filenames. For example, a file named “1.png” would appear as “1.png.seiv” after encryption.
A ransom note “read_me_seiv.txt” with instructions is also created on the breached device. It asks users to contact attackers and buy decryption tools to unlock their files. Read this guide to know how to delete this virus and recover your files.
About Seiv File Virus
Seiv Ransomware infiltrates the targeted PC with the motive to encrypt files and extort money from users. It is programmed to avoid detection until its work is done on the infected machine. This is why users don’t find such threats until all their files are inaccessible. It will lock all the documents, files, images, archives, etc. that users normally store on their personal computers.
After .Seiv Virus attack, victims are forced to buy decryption tools that allegedly can unlock their files. Ransomware creators leave ransom notes to notify their victims how to contact them and buy decryptors to access their data. They only demand money through cryptocurrency to avoid tracking money recipients.
Seiv Ransomware creators may or may not offer proof of decryption beforehand. Users mostly get scammed and do not get the right decryption tool after paying money. If you are also a victim of this nasty Ransomware, do not contact cyber criminals. You should use a good anti-malware tool to remove this threat immediately. It is the only way to avoid further encryption of any data.
How did it infect your computer?
Ransomware threats like .Seiv virus mostly spread through spam email campaigns. Cybercriminals use automated software to send loads of fake emails. They might seem legitimate but they can carry malicious file attachments and links. Opening those emails, downloading files, or clicking such links can trigger the download of malware on your PC.
Untrustworthy freeware download websites, Peer-to-Peer (P2P) sharing networks, porn, or torrent sites also spread threats. Cracked software or illegal activation tools, fake updates, and patches for games are also used for malware distribution.
Third-party installers also install some unwanted applications on the system that can make your PC vulnerable. Tons of unwanted ads causing frequent browser redirection is a sign of trouble. Your browser could land on a website carrying malware ready to execute on a single visit.
Seiv Ransomware: Threat Analysis
Do not pay the Ransom Money
It is advised that you do not contact cybercriminals at any cost. It is highly likely that they will cheat your money. All your files are already encrypted, do not risk your money too. It is not certain that you will get your files back after paying.
Many claims have been made by ransomware victims’ that they did not get the decryption tool after paying. Cybercriminals stop all communications after getting paid. It is best to buy a powerful Anti-Malware program to completely remove this Seiv ransomware. Also, try professional data recovery tools to recover your files.
Once you pay the ransom amount to buy the decryption tool, you cannot get a refund if it doesn’t work. Moreover, creators of this virus can also target your files in the future for more money. Put an end to this extortion at once by removing this virus.
What to do after infection?
You should remove this Seiv Ransomware immediately to prevent further encryption of data. It is very important to remove the ransomware if you hope to recover your files. Removal of this will not restore your encrypted files, but you can recover your data through backup.
If your backup files are also on your computer then they might have also been encrypted. It is advised to keep a backup of all your important files on an external hard drive, USB drive, or cloud drive to avoid major data loss.
In case your backup files are encrypted or you don’t have any backup files at all then use professional data recovery software. They might be able to scratch up most of your files with the original extension.
How To Remove Seiv File Virus
Automatic Seiv Ransomware Removal Guide
It can be hectic to remove threats from an infected PC but the use of powerful Anti-Malware can make it quite easy. SpyHunter anti-malware can help you to remove Trojan, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily. You can scan your system for Seiv Ransomware and all other hidden threats at once. All you need to do is to download this software and run a new scan on your PC.
It will find all the threats and viruses in no time and save you lots of time and effort. This amazing software also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware definition updates make it most effective against the latest attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- You will begin by downloading the software on your system for which you have to click on the below download button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the Anti-Malware program on your PC and proceed with the setup.
- After installation, you will need to launch the Anti-Malware application. From the welcome screen click on the Start Scan Now button to initiate a new scan of your PC.
- Once the scanning process begins, it will take some time to run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and find all hidden threats and malware.
- Soon you will find a complete list of all the threats on your system screen. Then you will need to click on the Next button to delete all the viruses.
How To Decrypt .Seiv Files
As there is no Seiv Ransomware decryptor available, you will need to use alternate options to restore your files. The first one is to use the backup. If you have created a backup of your important files then it is going to be quite easy. However, if you don’t have any backup files or they also got encrypted by the virus then you will have to try a data recovery software.
We recommend using Stellar Data Recovery software because it is a powerful and trusted data recovery software. Paying ransom money is not ideal because it will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks. You can wait for any free decryptor to be launched but it can take forever. Download the free trial version of data recovery and scan your PC for files. It may be able to recover some of your files and save you lots of money.
- Click on the below download button to get started instantly with the data recovery process on your PC.
- After the download click on the installer file and complete the software installation. Then launch the application and select the Data type to recover, and click the Next button.
- After the selection of data, you will need to select the location from where you want to recover data. Choose the location and then click on the Scan button.
- The software will take some time to scan your system. You will see a list of all the files that can be recovered. You can preview them or click on the Recover button to save them.
Manual Seiv Ransomware Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Click on the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Windows Run Box.
- Now you will need to type in MSConfig and then click the OK button.
- The System configuration settings box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Boot tab, check the Safe Boot option, and select the network box,
- Finally, you will have to click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Open the Windows Rub box again on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- This time you will have to type in taskmgr and then click the OK button to open Windows Task Manager. Look for any unknown or malicious running on your system.
- Select the process which is taking lots of systems resources and then click on the End Task button.
Uninstall Seiv Ransomware from Control Panel
- Again you will need to open the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- This time you need to open the Windows Control Panel, so type in appwiz.cpl and then click the OK button.
- Programs and Features windows will appear on your computer screen with a list of all the installed applications.
- Now you need to look for any unknown or virus related program and then Uninstall it from your PC.
Remove Seiv Ransomware From Registry Editor
- Again open the Windows Run Box on your PC by using the Windows and R keys.
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, type in Regedit and click the OK button.
- Now you will have to find the virus related registry files and remove them.
- Press CTRL and F keys together on the keyboard to start a Find query.
- Type the virus name and click on Find Next button to find malicious entries and delete them.
Remove Malicious IP addresses from Windows Hosts Files
- To open the Windows hosts file, simply press the Windows and R keys together on the keyboard.
- Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Now you will need to access the Windows hosts file using Notepad.
- Most threats add malicious IP addresses here to automatically connect to remote servers.
- Delete all the malicious IP addresses below the localhost and save the file.
Delete Virus related files from your PC
When malware infects your system, it normally creates several malicious files and spread them at different locations. After you remove the malware, these leftover files help them to get back to your computer. Remove all virus related files at once by following the below instruction :
- Open the Windows Run Box again by using the Windows and R keys together.
- Now you will open the below paths one by one using the Run Box and remove malicious files.
For the first four options, look for any recent folder related to the Seiv Ransomware and remove them. For the Temp folder, you can delete all the files at once. Use Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys together for permanent removal.
Remove Seiv Ransomware via system restore
- You will again need the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- Open the Command Prompt by typing in cmd and then clicking the OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- The System Restore window will get opened instantly then click on the Next button.
- Choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click the Next button.
- Finally, when you will hit the Yes button, the system restoration process with start immediately.
Note: System restore to remove a virus will only work if you have a restore point set on your PC. Otherwise, no changes will be made to your system and it will not remove any threats. Be advised, restoring the computer to a previous version does not always guarantee virus removal. Most viruses delete restore points, so don’t get disappointed if this trick does not work for you.