Septwolves Ransomware is a high-risk file-encrypting malware. After intruding targeted computer, it renders all the files inaccessible. This virus uses a powerful encryption algorithm to lock the files and keep them hostage until a ransom is paid.
During encryption, it renames the files by appending the “.septwolves” extension to all the filenames. For instance, a file named “sample.jpg” will become “sample.jpg.septwolves” after encryption. This same process happens to all the data which makes them completely unusable.
Upon successful encryption of files, ransom notes “RESTORE_FILES_INFO.hta” and “RESTORE_FILES_INFO.txt” are dropped on the PC. They contain ransom demands, threatening messages, and further instructions to buy decryption tools. Read this guide to know how to remove this virus and recover your files.
What is Septwolves Ransomware?
Septwolves Ransomware is a dangerous computer malware. It is designed to lock all the files on an infected PC. All the files will still be there on the system but unusable. It uses a powerful encryption algorithm to encode files. In most cases, it is highly unlikely to decode infected files without a proper decryption tool.
Threats like Septwolves Ransomware are created with the sole motive of extorting money from innocent users. Once this threat gets inside your system, you will lose access to all your files. Creators of this virus will demand huge ransom money for the decryption tool that can unlock your data. They also threaten to delete all the data or leak them if users’ don’t pay.
Ransomware threats have become a lucrative business these days. People are willing to pay lots of money to keep their data safe and private. Cybercriminals know this fact and they are trying to leverage this. Victims are being forced to pay huge ransom money through Bitcoins or other cryptocurrencies.
More About .Septwolves File Virus
Once this Septwolves Ransomware gets inside your PC, it will make your life miserable. All your files will get locked instantly. Your system will start freezing and hanging. If you try to copy new files, they also get encrypted. Other computers on your shared network can also get attacked. If you will connect other devices to your infected PC, they will get infected too. Your anti-virus will not be able to do anything.
Paying ransom money typically does not provide positive results. Most of the time victims’ get scammed and cybercriminals stop communication after getting paid. Unfortunately, there are no free tools available right now to crack Septwolves Ransomware virus encryption. The only solution that remains is to restore from a backup or use a professional data recovery tool.
Before you start file recovery, please ensure that you remove this virus completely. Otherwise, it will keep encrypting your files. So, you are advised to use a powerful Anti-Malware to delete Septwolves Ransomware Virus from your PC. You should also keep a backup of all your important files on a USB drive or Cloud drive to avoid a similar situation in the future.
How did ransomware infect my computer?
Cybercriminals use various methods to spread threats like Septwolves Ransomware. Spam emails are one of the most used and effective ways of distributing malware. They carry malicious attachments and links that instantly trigger the download of infection on opening. Apart from that, bundled freeware programs, peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing networks, cracked software, and fake updates are also used.
These files are already compromised by the use of some kind of Trojan. Opening such files on a PC can easily expose system security. Trojans open “backdoors” on the infected system that can be used by other viruses. Browsing porn or torrent websites can also compromise your system security.
Most ransomware threats use similar tricks to invade users’ computers. So, it is very important to be careful and take proper precautions to protect your PC from threats like Septwolves Ransomware and others. We recommend taking a backup of all your important files on an external hard drive or cloud drive.
Septwolves Ransomware: Threat Analysis
What to do after ransomware infection?
Once your system gets infected by ransomware like Septwolves Ransomware Virus, then you need to remove it immediately. It is the only way to prevent further damage. Check your system carefully to identify how much data is lost. Do not connect your backup drive until your computer is secure.
Do not contact malware creators at any cost. They will try to lure you into paying ransom money by using different threats. Once you pay the ransom fees, it is not guaranteed that you will get the decryption key. Most of the victims get scammed and don’t get their files back.
Research also shows that decryption tools often leave behind Trojans to spy on users. Cybercriminals can steal your personal and financial information. They can also encrypt your files again in the future by dropping other threats. Create a backup of your encrypted files on a cloud drive before trying to recover your data.
Ransom Note contains the following message:
What Happen to my computer? Your important files are encrypted. Many of your documents, photos, passwords, databases and other files are no longer accessible because they have been encrypted. Maybe you are busy looking for way to recover your files , but do not waste your time. Nobody can recover your files without our decryption KEY (if somebody will tell that they can do it, they will also contact me and I will make the price so much expensive than if you contact directly). !!!THE DATARECOVERY COMPANY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY!!! DATA RECOVERY COMPANIES WILL ONLY INCREASE THE DECRYPTION TIME Can i Recover My Files? Sure. We guarantee that you can recover all your files safely and easily But You have not so enough time . So If you want to decrypt all your data, you need to pay .As fast you pay as fast all of your data will be back as before encryption. Send e-mail to this address: email@example.com You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. ATTENTION Do not rename encrypted files. Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss. Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam. If you want to try datarecovery company just ask for testfile.They have to give it for you if they can do something. They will not. Key Identifier: -
How To Remove Septwolves File Virus
Automatic Septwolves Ransomware Removal Guide
It can be hectic to remove threats from an infected PC but the use of powerful Anti-Malware can make it quite easy. SpyHunter anti-malware can help you to remove Trojan, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily. You can scan your system for Septwolves Ransomware and all other hidden threats at once. All you need to do is to download this software and run a new scan on your PC.
It will find all the threats and viruses in no time and save you lots of time and effort. This amazing software also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware definition updates make it most effective against the latest attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- You will begin by downloading the software on your system for which you have to click on the below download button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the Anti-Malware program on your PC and proceed with the setup.
- After installation, you will need to launch the Anti-Malware application. From the welcome screen click on the Start Scan Now button to initiate a new scan of your PC.
- Once the scanning process begins, it will take some time to run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and find all hidden threats and malware.
- Soon you will find a complete list of all the threats on your system screen. Then you will need to click on the Next button to delete all the viruses.
How To Decrypt .Septwolves Files
As there is no Septwolves Ransomware decryptor available, you will need to use alternate options to restore your files. The first one is to use the backup. If you have created a backup of your important files then it is going to be quite easy. However, if you don’t have any backup files or they also got encrypted by the virus then you will have to try a data recovery software.
We recommend using Stellar Data Recovery software because it is a powerful and trusted data recovery software. Paying ransom money is not ideal because it will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks. You can wait for any free decryptor to be launched but it can take forever. Download the free trial version of data recovery and scan your PC for files. It may be able to recover some of your files and save you lots of money.
- Click on the below download button to get started instantly with the data recovery process on your PC.
- After the download click on the installer file and complete the software installation. Then launch the application and select the Data type to recover, and click the Next button.
- After the selection of data, you will need to select the location from where you want to recover data. Choose the location and then click on the Scan button.
- The software will take some time to scan your system. You will see a list of all the files that can be recovered. You can preview them or click on the Recover button to save them.
Manual Septwolves Ransomware Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Click on the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Windows Run Box.
- Now you will need to type in MSConfig and then click the OK button.
- The System configuration settings box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Boot tab, check the Safe Boot option, and select the network box,
- Finally, you will have to click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Open the Windows Rub box again on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- This time you will have to type in taskmgr and then click the OK button to open Windows Task Manager. Look for any unknown or malicious running on your system.
- Select the process which is taking lots of systems resources and then click on the End Task button.
Uninstall Septwolves Ransomware from Control Panel
- Again you will need to open the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- This time you need to open the Windows Control Panel, so type in appwiz.cpl and then click the OK button.
- Programs and Features windows will appear on your computer screen with a list of all the installed applications.
- Now you need to look for any unknown or virus related program and then Uninstall it from your PC.
Remove Septwolves Ransomware From Registry Editor
- Again open the Windows Run Box on your PC by using the Windows and R keys.
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, type in Regedit and click the OK button.
- Now you will have to find the virus related registry files and remove them.
- Press CTRL and F keys together on the keyboard to start a Find query.
- Type the virus name and click on Find Next button to find malicious entries and delete them.
Remove Malicious IP addresses from Windows Hosts Files
- To open the Windows hosts file, simply press the Windows and R keys together on the keyboard.
- Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Now you will need to access the Windows hosts file using Notepad.
- Most threats add malicious IP addresses here to automatically connect to remote servers.
- Delete all the malicious IP addresses below the localhost and save the file.
Delete Virus related files from your PC
When malware infects your system, it normally creates several malicious files and spread them at different locations. After you remove the malware, these leftover files help them to get back to your computer. Remove all virus related files at once by following the below instruction :
- Open the Windows Run Box again by using the Windows and R keys together.
- Now you will open the below paths one by one using the Run Box and remove malicious files.
For the first four options, look for any recent folder related to the Septwolves Ransomware and remove them. For the Temp folder, you can delete all the files at once. Use Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys together for permanent removal.
Remove Septwolves Ransomware via system restore
- You will again need the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- Open the Command Prompt by typing in cmd and then clicking the OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- The System Restore window will get opened instantly then click on the Next button.
- Choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click the Next button.
- Finally, when you will hit the Yes button, the system restoration process with start immediately.
Note: System restore to remove a virus will only work if you have a restore point set on your PC. Otherwise, no changes will be made to your system and it will not remove any threats. Be advised, restoring the computer to a previous version does not always guarantee virus removal. Most viruses delete restore points, so don’t get disappointed if this trick does not work for you.