What is Zendaya Ransomware?
Zendaya Ransomware is a nasty file-encrypting malware. It renders files useless on an infected PC and extorts money from victims as payment for the decryption tool. In our research, we found this program to be a VoidCrypt ransomware variant.
While encrypting files, it places the victim’s ID and attacker’s email address and the “.Zendaya” extension after filenames as unique identifiers. For example, a file named “photo.jpg” will get converted into “photo.jpg.(MJ-VY3946857120)(Decryption.email@example.com).Zendaya”. This renamed file is an encrypted version of the original file and cannot be accessed without the decryption key.
After encryption of all data is complete, this nasty malware leaves ransom notes named “Decryption-Guide.HTA” and “Decryption-Guide.txt” on the computer. This note contains a ransom message and instructions to purchase a decryption key.
Zendaya Virus Details
Zendaya Ransomware is a data locker virus programmed to force users into paying ransom money. This threat encrypts all your personal files (documents, images, videos, audio, database, backup, etc.) with a very powerful algorithm. You can find a ransom note on your system asking you to contact cyber criminals and purchase the decryption tool.
The ransom message will instruct you that there is no other way to recover your files. It might also instruct you not to ask for help. You will be asked to contact the makers of this Zendaya Ransomware via email and pay for the decryption. Other threats of leaking your data or deleting your files permanently can also be made.
Typically, it is impossible to decrypt files without the decoder key. This means you asking for help from cybercriminals. But they will charge you a huge sum of money through cryptocurrency. You cannot track who got your money once you pay.
What to do after infection?
You should remove this Zendaya Ransomware immediately to prevent further encryption of data. It is very important to remove the ransomware if you hope to recover your files. Removal of this will not restore your encrypted files, but you can recover your data through backup.
If your backup files are also on your computer then they might have also been encrypted. It is advised to keep a backup of all your important files on an external hard drive, USB drive, or cloud drive to avoid major data loss.
In case your backup files are encrypted or you don’t have any backup files at all then use professional data recovery software. They might be able to scratch up most of your files with the original extension.
How did ransomware infect my computer?
Ransomware threats like Zendaya and other malware are mostly spread through spam email campaigns. Cybercriminals use automated software to send loads of fake emails. They might seem legitimate but they can carry malicious file attachments and links. Opening those emails, downloading files, or clicking such links can trigger the download of malware on your PC.
Untrustworthy freeware download websites, Peer-to-Peer (P2P) sharing networks, and porn or torrent sites also spread threats. Cracked software or illegal activation tools, fake updates, and patches for games are also used for malware distribution.
Third-party installers also install some unwanted applications on the system that can make your PC vulnerable. Tons of unwanted ads causing frequent browser redirection is a sign of trouble. Your browser could land on a website carrying malware ready to execute on a single visit.
Zendaya Ransomware: Threat Analysis
Do not pay the Ransom Money
It is advised that you do not contact cybercriminals at any cost. It is highly likely that they will cheat your money. All your files are already encrypted, do not risk your money too. It is not certain that you will get your files back after paying.
Many claims have been made by ransomware victims’ that they did not get the decryption tool after paying. Cybercriminals stop all communications after getting paid. It is best to buy a powerful Anti-Malware program to completely remove this Zendaya virus. Also, try professional data recovery tools to recover your files.
Once you pay the ransom amount to buy the decryption tool, you cannot get a refund if it doesn’t work. Moreover, creators of this virus can also target your files in the future for more money. Put an end to this extortion at once by removing this virus.
Ransom note contains the following message:
Your Files Are Has Been Locked Your Files Has Been Encrypted with cryptography Algorithm If You Need Your Files And They are Important to You, Dont be shy Send Me an Email Send Test File + The Key File on Your System (File Exist in C:/ProgramData example : RSAKEY-SE-24r6t523 pr RSAKEY.KEY) to Make Sure Your Files Can be Restored Make an Agreement on Price with me and Pay Get Decryption Tool + RSA Key AND Instruction For Decryption Process Attention: 1- Do Not Rename or Modify The Files (You May loose That file) 2- Do Not Try To Use 3rd Party Apps or Recovery Tools ( if You want to do that make an copy from Files and try on them and Waste Your time ) 3-Do not Reinstall Operation System(Windows) You may loose the key File and Loose Your Files 4-Do Not Always Trust to Middle mans and negotiators (some of them are good but some of them agree on 4000usd for example and Asked 10000usd From Client) this Was happened Your Case ID :- OUR Email :Decryption.firstname.lastname@example.org in Case of no answer: Decryption.email@example.com
How To Remove Zendaya Ransomware
Automatic Zendaya Ransomware Removal Guide
It can be hectic to remove threats from an infected PC but the use of powerful Anti-Malware can make it quite easy. SpyHunter anti-malware can help you to remove Trojan, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily. You can scan your system for Zendaya Ransomware and all other hidden threats at once. All you need to do is to download this software and run a new scan on your PC.
It will find all the threats and viruses in no time and save you lots of time and effort. This amazing software also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware definition updates make it most effective against the latest attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- You will begin by downloading the software on your system for which you have to click on the below download button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the Anti-Malware program on your PC and proceed with the setup.
- After installation, you will need to launch the Anti-Malware application. From the welcome screen click on the Start Scan Now button to initiate a new scan of your PC.
- Once the scanning process begins, it will take some time to run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and find all hidden threats and malware.
- Soon you will find a complete list of all the threats on your system screen. Then you will need to click on the Next button to delete all the viruses.
How To Decrypt .Zendaya Files
As there is no Zendaya Ransomware decryptor available, you will need to use alternate options to restore your files. The first one is to use the backup. If you have created a backup of your important files then it is going to be quite easy. However, if you don’t have any backup files or they also got encrypted by the virus then you will have to try a data recovery software.
We recommend using Stellar Data Recovery software because it is a powerful and trusted data recovery software. Paying ransom money is not ideal because it will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks. You can wait for any free decryptor to be launched but it can take forever. Download the free trial version of data recovery and scan your PC for files. It may be able to recover some of your files and save you lots of money.
- Click on the below download button to get started instantly with the data recovery process on your PC.
- After the download click on the installer file and complete the software installation. Then launch the application and select the Data type to recover, and click the Next button.
- After the selection of data, you will need to select the location from where you want to recover data. Choose the location and then click on the Scan button.
- The software will take some time to scan your system. You will see a list of all the files that can be recovered. You can preview them or click on the Recover button to save them.
Manual Zendaya Ransomware Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Click on the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Windows Run Box.
- Now you will need to type in MSConfig and then click the OK button.
- The System configuration settings box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Boot tab, check the Safe Boot option, and select the network box,
- Finally, you will have to click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Open the Windows Rub box again on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- This time you will have to type in taskmgr and then click the OK button to open Windows Task Manager. Look for any unknown or malicious running on your system.
- Select the process which is taking lots of systems resources and then click on the End Task button.
Uninstall Zendaya Ransomware from Control Panel
- Again you will need to open the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- This time you need to open the Windows Control Panel, so type in appwiz.cpl and then click the OK button.
- Programs and Features windows will appear on your computer screen with a list of all the installed applications.
- Now you need to look for any unknown or virus related program and then Uninstall it from your PC.
Remove Zendaya Ransomware From Registry Editor
- Again open the Windows Run Box on your PC by using the Windows and R keys.
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, type in Regedit and click the OK button.
- Now you will have to find the virus related registry files and remove them.
- Press CTRL and F keys together on the keyboard to start a Find query.
- Type the virus name and click on Find Next button to find malicious entries and delete them.
Remove Malicious IP addresses from Windows Hosts Files
- To open the Windows hosts file, simply press the Windows and R keys together on the keyboard.
- Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Now you will need to access the Windows hosts file using Notepad.
- Most threats add malicious IP addresses here to automatically connect to remote servers.
- Delete all the malicious IP addresses below the localhost and save the file.
Delete Virus related files from your PC
When malware infects your system, it normally creates several malicious files and spread them at different locations. After you remove the malware, these leftover files help them to get back to your computer. Remove all virus related files at once by following the below instruction :
- Open the Windows Run Box again by using the Windows and R keys together.
- Now you will open the below paths one by one using the Run Box and remove malicious files.
For the first four options, look for any recent folder related to the Zendaya Ransomware and remove them. For the Temp folder, you can delete all the files at once. Use Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys together for permanent removal.
Remove Zendaya Ransomware via system restore
- You will again need the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- Open the Command Prompt by typing in cmd and then clicking the OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- The System Restore window will get opened instantly then click on the Next button.
- Choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click the Next button.
- Finally, when you will hit the Yes button, the system restoration process with start immediately.
Note: System restore to remove a virus will only work if you have a restore point set on your PC. Otherwise, no changes will be made to your system and it will not remove any threats. Be advised, restoring the computer to a previous version does not always guarantee virus removal. Most viruses delete restore points, so don’t get disappointed if this trick does not work for you.