What is RykCrypt Ransomware?
RykCrypt ransomware is a dangerous malware that sneaks on the targeted machine without users’ permission. It is a data-locking virus that is equipped with the latest encryption technology. It encrypts all the (documents, images, videos, audio, backup, database, etc.) and demands ransom for the decryption.
Encrypted files are marked with the “.RykCrypt” extension preceded by the victim’s ID and hacker’s email address. For example, a file named “myphoto.jpg” would appear as “myphoo.jpg.(CW-PF6231847590)(firstname.lastname@example.org).RykCrypt” after encryption. Such renamed files are encoded and cannot be accessed without the decoder.
It is a variant of VoidCrypt ransomware and generates a ransom note “unlock-info.txt” after the file encoding. The note contains instructions to contact attackers and payment details to buy decryption tools. Read this guide to learn how to remove this virus and restore your files.
About RykCrypt File Virus
It is another nasty file-encrypting malware. This dubious threat is commonly known as the RykCrypt File Virus. If you see this infection in your system, then you are in big danger. This harmful virus will silently sneak into your machine and encrypt all your personal files. It will add its own extension to your filename as a prefix and leave a ransom note behind.
RykCrypt Ransomware is a sneaky malware infection. Once inside your computer, it will immediately corrupt all your files. It can disable your anti-virus and firewall security. You will not be able to remove this infection from your system. It will show a ransom message on your computer demanding money through cryptocurrency. It is a tricky situation because you can lose all your files due to this infection. So don’t make any decision in hurry.
.RykCrypt File Virus is programmed to force victims to pay the ransom money and buy decryption software. However, there is no guarantee that you will recover all your files. Most ransomware victims get cheated and never get the decryption tools. Do not trust cyber criminals and never pay them money to buy access to your own files. This guide will help you to remove this threat and recover all your data.
How does your PC get infected?
There are several ways through which your system can get infected by RykCrypt Ransomware. It often gets spread bundled with free third-party programs available for download on unreliable sites. Spam emails with malicious attachments could also drop this virus on your computer. It is very important to use a custom installation and scan email attachments before opening.
It can also get distributed via other small threats that redirect your browser to suspicious sites which host malicious codes. Trojan horses and malware downloaders can also bring this infection to your PC. Browsing to porn or torrent sites and downloading cracked software or games could bring this virus to your system.
RykCrypt Ransomware: Threat Analysis
What to do after encryption?
As all your files are encrypted with military-grade encryption and you don’t have the decryption key, you need to get tricky. It is crucial that you do not contact cyber criminals. Remove your infected device from the network and create a backup copy of all the encrypted files on USB drives or cloud drives.
Paying ransom money to RykCrypt Ransomware creators will do you no good. It is very much possible that attackers will stop communication after the payment. It is also possible that the decryptor won’t even work or bring more threats. So instead of paying the ransom, invest in a good security program.
Use powerful anti-malware software to completely remove .RykCrypt virus from your PC. It will not recover your files but it will prevent further encryption of data. Later you can recover your encrypted files through Backup files. If you don’t have a backup then try any data recovery software.
Ransom note “unlock-info.txt” contains the following instructions :
All your files have been encrypted! All your files have been encrypted due to a security problem with your PC. If you want to restore them, write us to the e-mail; email@example.com Write this ID in the title of your message : - In case of no answer in 24 hours write us to theese e-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us. After payment we will send you the decryption tool that will decrypt all your files. Free decryption as guarantee Before paying you can send us up to 1 file for free decryption. The total size of files must be less than 1Mb (non archived), and files should not contain valuable information. (databases,backups, large excel sheets, etc.) How to obtain Bitcoins The easiest way to buy bitcoins is LocalBitcoins site. You have to register, click 'Buy bitcoins', and select the seller by payment method and price. hxxps://localbitcoins.com/buy_bitcoins Also you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginners guide here: hxxp://www.coindesk.com/information/how-can-i-buy-bitcoins/ Attention! Do not rename encrypted files. Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss. Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
How To Remove RykCrypt File Virus
Automatic RykCrypt Ransomware Removal Guide
It can be hectic to remove threats from an infected PC but the use of powerful Anti-Malware can make it quite easy. SpyHunter anti-malware can help you to remove Trojans, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, PUPs, etc. easily. You can scan your system for RykCrypt Ransomware and all other hidden threats at once. All you need to do is to download this software and run a new scan on your PC.
It will find all the threats and viruses in no time and save you lots of time and effort. This amazing software also provides 24X7 customer support and one-on-one Spyware HelpDesk support for Custom Malware removal. Advanced System Guard feature detects and removes threats in real-time. It has a very User-Friendly Interface and regular Malware definition updates make it most effective against the latest attacks.
How SpyHunter 5 Anti-Malware Works
- You will begin by downloading the software on your system for which you have to click on the below download button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, double-click on SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install the Anti-Malware program on your PC and proceed with the setup.
- After installation, you will need to launch the Anti-Malware application. From the welcome screen click on the Start Scan Now button to initiate a new scan of your PC.
- Once the scanning process begins, it will take some time to run a thorough diagnostic of your PC and find all hidden threats and malware.
- Soon you will find a complete list of all the threats on your system screen. Then you will need to click on the Next button to delete all the viruses.
How To Decrypt .RykCrypt Files
As there is no RykCrypt Ransomware decryptor available, you will need to use alternate options to restore your files. The first one is to use the backup. If you have created a backup of your important files then it is going to be quite easy. However, if you don’t have any backup files or they also got encrypted by the virus then you will have to try a data recovery software.
We recommend using Stellar Data Recovery software because it is a powerful and trusted data recovery software. Paying ransom money is not ideal because it will only motivate hackers to carry out more attacks. You can wait for any free decryptor to be launched but it can take forever. Download the free trial version of data recovery and scan your PC for files. It may be able to recover some of your files and save you lots of money.
- Click on the below download button to get started instantly with the data recovery process on your PC.
- After the download click on the installer file and complete the software installation. Then launch the application and select the Data type to recover, and click the Next button.
- After the selection of data, you will need to select the location from where you want to recover data. Choose the location and then click on the Scan button.
- The software will take some time to scan your system. You will see a list of all the files that can be recovered. You can preview them or click on the Recover button to save them.
Manual RykCrypt Ransomware Removal Guide
Start PC in safe mode with networking
- Click on the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Windows Run Box.
- Now you will need to type in MSConfig and then click the OK button.
- The System configuration settings box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on the Boot tab, check the Safe Boot option, and select the network box,
- Finally, you will have to click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Kill Malicious Process From Task Manager
- Open the Windows Rub box again on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- This time you will have to type in taskmgr and then click the OK button to open Windows Task Manager. Look for any unknown or malicious running on your system.
- Select the process which is taking lots of systems resources and then click on the End Task button.
Uninstall RykCrypt Ransomware from Control Panel
- Again you will need to open the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- This time you need to open the Windows Control Panel, so type in appwiz.cpl and then click the OK button.
- Programs and Features windows will appear on your computer screen with a list of all the installed applications.
- Now you need to look for any unknown or virus related program and then Uninstall it from your PC.
Remove RykCrypt Ransomware From Registry Editor
- Again open the Windows Run Box on your PC by using the Windows and R keys.
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, type in Regedit and click the OK button.
- Now you will have to find the virus related registry files and remove them.
- Press CTRL and F keys together on the keyboard to start a Find query.
- Type the virus name and click on Find Next button to find malicious entries and delete them.
Remove Malicious IP addresses from Windows Hosts Files
- To open the Windows hosts file, simply press the Windows and R keys together on the keyboard.
- Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in Run Box and then click the OK button.
- Now you will need to access the Windows hosts file using Notepad.
- Most threats add malicious IP addresses here to automatically connect to remote servers.
- Delete all the malicious IP addresses below the localhost and save the file.
Delete Virus related files from your PC
When malware infects your system, it normally creates several malicious files and spread them at different locations. After you remove the malware, these leftover files help them to get back to your computer. Remove all virus related files at once by following the below instruction :
- Open the Windows Run Box again by using the Windows and R keys together.
- Now you will open the below paths one by one using the Run Box and remove malicious files.
For the first four options, look for any recent folder related to the RykCrypt Ransomware and remove them. For the Temp folder, you can delete all the files at once. Use Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys together for permanent removal.
Remove RykCrypt Ransomware via system restore
- You will again need the Windows Run Box, so press the Windows and R keys together.
- Open the Command Prompt by typing in cmd and then clicking the OK button.
- Type cd restore and press Enter, then type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- The System Restore window will get opened instantly then click on the Next button.
- Choose a System Restore point you have created in the past and click the Next button.
- Finally, when you will hit the Yes button, the system restoration process with start immediately.
Note: System restore to remove a virus will only work if you have a restore point set on your PC. Otherwise, no changes will be made to your system and it will not remove any threats. Be advised, restoring the computer to a previous version does not always guarantee virus removal. Most viruses delete restore points, so don’t get disappointed if this trick does not work for you.